Today's premieres and other notes (Sunday, Dec. 10)

Robin Miller

Dec 10, 2017, 1:37:00 PM12/10/17

White House Christmas 2017 (special) (6-7 pm, HGTV)

You Can't Fight Christmas (movie) (7 pm, TV One)

You Can't Fight Christmas stars Brély Evans (Being Mary Jane, Born Again
Virgin), Andra Fuller (Here We Go Again, Black Jesus), Persia White
(Girlfriends), Richard Gant (The Mindy Project) and Marla Gibbs (227).
The story begins with the annual holiday decorating of the Chesterton
Hotel by interior design expert Leslie Major (Evans). She is hard at
work managing the transformation when she meets and develops a crush on
the hotel owner's handsome grandson, Edmund James (Fuller). Soon she
discovers that Edmund and his uptight business partner, Millicent
(White), have secret plans. They intend to completely revamp the hotel
into an upscale business resort once Edmund inherits it from his
grandfather. Scheming Millicent also has plans for Edmund that involve a
wedding ring. Is he ready to take their partnership to the next level?
Can Leslie save the hotel and its Christmas legacy? Will Edmund find his
Christmas spirit? Viewers will have to tune in to find out. You Can't
Fight Christmas also features appearances by Travis Winfrey (Single
Ladies), Porsha Coleman (Hollywood Today Live), and cross-over
appearances by Ash and Davis Jr.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7281472/

https://tvone.tv/show/you-cant-fight-christmas/

Christmas Princess (movie) (7 pm, Up)

The true story of Donaly Marquez who, through a childhood of neglect and
abuse, achieved her dream of becoming a rose bowl princess. An
inspirational story of resilience, strength and finding a family to call
your own. Starring: Rosa Blasi (Strong Medicine), Nicole Munoz
(Defiance) and Zak Santiago (Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7207076/

http://uptv.com/movies/christmas-princess/

America's Funniest Home Videos (special time) (7 pm, ABC)

Outlander (season 3 finale) (8 pm, Starz)

Renewed for season 4.

The Simpsons (season 29 fall finale) (8 pm, Fox)

A Christmas Reunion (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

A Madison Avenue executive, Amy (Denise Richards), discovers an unusual
Christmas surprise when she inherits her Aunt's hometown bakery. The
real surprise comes when she learns the other half of the bakery was
left to her long-ago boyfriend, Jack (Patrick Muldoon). Unresolved
personal issues resurface between them, as the exes return home to
co-manage the store, along with its traditional holiday cookie bake-off.
From 2015 but advertised as a premiere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5130174/

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-christmas-reunion

Final Vision (movie) (8-10 pm, Investigation Discovery)

A twisted psychological thriller starring Scott Foley ("Scandal") as
Jeffrey MacDonald, respected U.S. Army Green Beret doctor - and suspect
in killing his wife and young children - and Dave Annable ("Heartbeat,"
"Brothers & Sisters") as best-selling author Joe McGinniss.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6772678/

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/final-vision/

Sharing Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A real estate developer is given the opportunity of his career to
transform an old shopping complex into a prime location. Unfortunately,
there is one tenant who is holding out—the Christmas shop owner he met
by happenstance just days ago. Starring Ellen Hollman, Bobby Campo, and
Dave Koz.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7697712/

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/sharing-christmas

Bob's Burgers (season 8 fall finale) (8:30 and 9:00 pm,
two episodes, Fox)

Counterpart (sneak peek) (9 pm, Starz)

Premieres Sunday, Jan. 21, but you can see the first episode tonight.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4643084/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterpart_(TV_series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Bu2DOM66g

The Walking Dead (season 8 fall finale) (9:00 to 10:30 pm,
AMC)

A Royal Christmas Ball (movie) (9 pm, Ion)

Dateless for the Christmas ball, 39-year-old bachelor, King Charles of
Baltania, tracks down his American college sweetheart, only to discover
Allison has never been married, yet raised a 17-year-old daughter, Lily,
who mathematically might be Charles' biological princess. Stars Faune
Chambers Watkins, Haley Pullos, Ingo Rademacher, Mira Furlan, Mykel
Shannon Jenkins and Tara Reid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7605144/

https://iontelevision.com/holiday-movie/a-royal-christmas-ball

Karen Kingsbury's Maggie's Christmas Miracle (movie) (9 pm,
Hallmark M&M)

Single mom Maggie is trying to maintain the balance of being devoted to
son Jordan while having a career. Jordan needs help at school and meets
Casey, a tutor. They quickly bond, and Casey becomes more like a father
figure. What he wishes most, however, is for his mom to find happiness
and love again at Christmas. With the help of faith and fate, Maggie
discovers anything is possible. Stars Jill Wagner, Luke Macfarlane.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7714136/

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/karen-kingsburys-maggies-christmas-miracle

Family Guy (15th season fall finale) (9:30 pm, Fox)

Graves (season 2 finale) (10 and 11 pm, two episodes, Epix)

Encore! (special) (10-11 pm, ABC)

Executive producer Kristen Bell, who also appears, reunites the cast of
a high school musical and asks them to perform it again twenty years
later. Each former student reprises their role from their original
production of Stephen Sondheim and James LaPine's Tony-winning musical,
"Into the Woods" under the tutelage of Broadway directors,
choreographers and voice coaches.

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/encore/

White Famous (season 1 finale) (10:30 pm, Showtime)

Talking Dead (season 7 fall finale) (10:30 pm, AMC)

Freshly Baked: The Robot Chicken Santa Claus Pot Cookie Freakout Special
(season 9 premiere) (11:30 pm, Adult Swim)

Comic Book Men (season 7 fall finale) (12:55 am, AMC)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

The Best Thing I Ever Ate (season 8 premiere) (8 pm,
Cooking Channel)

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings: Holiday Magic (special) (8
pm, Freeform)

Happening: A Clean Energy Revolution (documentary) (8 pm, HBO)

Lucifer (season 3 fall finale) (8 pm, Fox)

The Gifted (season 1 fall finale) (9 pm, Fox)

Valor (season 1 fall finale) (9 pm, CW)

Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics (season 1 finale)
(10 pm, AMC)

The Bachelor: Countdown to Arie (special) (10 pm, ABC)

A Gray State (documentary) (10 to midnight, A&E)

http://www.aetv.com/movies/a-gray-state

http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/a-gray-state-review-1202607023/

Better Late Than Never (season 2 premiere) (10 pm,NC)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/better-late-than-never/listings/

--Robin

Ian J. Ball

Dec 10, 2017, 2:11:06 PM12/10/17
On 2017-12-10 18:36:55 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>

> Lucifer (season 3 fall finale) (8 pm, Fox)
>

> The Gifted (season 1 fall finale) (9 pm, Fox)
>
> --Robin

Boo!! >:/

The only good news is that "The Librarians" premieres this week, on
Wed. night...

Neill Massello

Dec 10, 2017, 2:42:00 PM12/10/17
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> listed (among others):

> White House Christmas 2017 (special) (6-7 pm, HGTV)
>
> You Can't Fight Christmas (movie) (7 pm, TV One)
>
> Christmas Princess (movie) (7 pm, Up)
>
> A Christmas Reunion (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Sharing Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A Royal Christmas Ball (movie) (9 pm, Ion)
>
> Karen Kingsbury's Maggie's Christmas Miracle (movie) (9 pm,
> Hallmark M&M)
>
> Freshly Baked: The Robot Chicken Santa Claus Pot Cookie Freakout Special
> (season 9 premiere) (11:30 pm, Adult Swim)

Christopher Walken says "More Christmas shows."

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 10, 2017, 3:19:19 PM12/10/17
On 12/10/2017 11:11 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2017-12-10 18:36:55 +0000, Robin Miller said:
>
>>         Tomorrow's advance notes:
>>

>> Lucifer         (season 3 fall finale)         (8 pm, Fox)
>>

>> The Gifted        (season 1 fall finale)         (9 pm, Fox)
>>
>> --Robin
>
> Boo!!  >:/
>
> The only good news is that "The Librarians" premieres this week, on Wed.
> night...

We are still blaming you for all the Christmas movies.

instinct are running screaming.

suzeeq

Dec 10, 2017, 3:22:30 PM12/10/17
Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 12/10/2017 11:11 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2017-12-10 18:36:55 +0000, Robin Miller said:
>>
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Tomorrow's advance notes:
>>>

>>> Lucifer        (season 3 fall finale)        (8 pm, Fox)
>>>

>>> The Gifted       (season 1 fall finale)        (9 pm, Fox)
>>>
>>> --Robin
>> Boo!! >:/
>>
>> The only good news is that "The Librarians" premieres this week, on Wed.
>> night...
>>

> We are still blaming you for all the Christmas movies.

I thought anim was to blame for them?

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 10, 2017, 4:13:21 PM12/10/17
There are enough of them to generate enough blame that we can blame both
of them.

anim8rfsk

Dec 10, 2017, 4:25:47 PM12/10/17
In article <f95d68...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> White House Christmas 2017 (special) (6-7 pm, HGTV)
>

> You Can't Fight Christmas (movie) (7 pm, TV One)

Put 'em up, put 'em up!!!

> Christmas Princess (movie) (7 pm, Up)
>
> The true story of Donaly Marquez who, through a childhood of neglect and
> abuse, achieved her dream of becoming a rose bowl princess.

Dear God, I hope they meant 'despite' and not 'through'

> Outlander (season 3 finale) (8 pm, Starz)
>
> Renewed for season 4.

ick, chick

> A Royal Christmas Ball (movie) (9 pm, Ion)

Hah! It's an Ion Ball!!!!!!!!111111!!!1!

> Dateless for the Christmas ball, 39-year-old bachelor, King Charles of
> Baltania, tracks down his American college sweetheart, only to discover
> Allison has never been married, yet raised a 17-year-old daughter, Lily,
> who mathematically might be Charles' biological princess. Stars Faune
> Chambers Watkins, Haley Pullos, Ingo Rademacher, Mira Furlan, Mykel
> Shannon Jenkins and Tara Reid.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7605144/
>
> https://iontelevision.com/holiday-movie/a-royal-christmas-ball
>

> Family Guy (15th season fall finale) (9:30 pm, Fox)

Will watch

> Encore! (special) (10-11 pm, ABC)
>
> Executive producer Kristen Bell, who also appears, reunites the cast of
> a high school musical and asks them to perform it again twenty years
> later. Each former student reprises their role from their original
> production of Stephen Sondheim and James LaPine's Tony-winning musical,
> "Into the Woods" under the tutelage of Broadway directors,
> choreographers and voice coaches.
>
> http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/encore/

No Zak beast?

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>

> Lucifer (season 3 fall finale) (8 pm, Fox)

I love Lucy!

> Better Late Than Never (season 2 premiere) (10 pm,NC)
>
> http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/better-late-than-never/listings/

The Shat abroad!

Thanks> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

anim8rfsk

Dec 10, 2017, 4:26:11 PM12/10/17
In article <p0k0s7$bog$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2017-12-10 18:36:55 +0000, Robin Miller said:
>
> > Tomorrow's advance notes:
> >

> > Lucifer (season 3 fall finale) (8 pm, Fox)
> >

> > The Gifted (season 1 fall finale) (9 pm, Fox)
> >
> > --Robin
>
> Boo!! >:/
>
> The only good news is that "The Librarians" premieres this week, on
> Wed. night...

Be sure to keep your Ion the Ball!

anim8rfsk

Dec 10, 2017, 4:56:40 PM12/10/17
In article <p0k523$avl$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:

> Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> >> Boo!!? >:/
> >>
> >> The only good news is that "The Librarians" premieres this week, on Wed.
> >> night...
> >>

> > We are still blaming you for all the Christmas movies.
> >
> I thought anim was to blame for them?

To quote Burton Guster: Oh, Hell no.

anim8rfsk

Dec 10, 2017, 4:57:09 PM12/10/17
In article <p0k81f$di$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 12/10/2017 12:22 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> > Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> >> We are still blaming you for all the Christmas movies.
> >>
> > I thought anim was to blame for them?
>
> There are enough of them to generate enough blame that we can blame both
> of them.

I've heard it both ways.

Your way and the right way.

Obveeus

Dec 10, 2017, 5:01:14 PM12/10/17

On 12/10/2017 4:13 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 12/10/2017 12:22 PM, suzeeq wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> We are still blaming you for all the Christmas movies.
>>>
>> I thought anim was to blame for them?
>
> There are enough of them to generate enough blame that we can blame both
> of them.

Can we blame LUCIFER for not locking the gates to Hell?

Obveeus

Dec 10, 2017, 5:02:54 PM12/10/17

On 12/10/2017 4:25 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Christmas Princess (movie) (7 pm, Up)
>>
>> The true story of Donaly Marquez who, through a childhood of neglect and
>> abuse, achieved her dream of becoming a rose bowl princess.
>
> Dear God, I hope they meant 'despite' and not 'through'

hee hee.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 10, 2017, 6:57:05 PM12/10/17
On 12/10/2017 1:57 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0k81f$di$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I thought anim was to blame for them?
>>
>> There are enough of them to generate enough blame that we can blame both
>> of them.
>
> I've heard it both ways.
>
> Your way and the right way.

Or my family's way since the family name ends in "way". :)

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 10, 2017, 6:59:46 PM12/10/17
Dunno, I'm only starting to watch the last half dozen episodes. Ask me
again later.

Neill Massello

Dec 10, 2017, 7:27:27 PM12/10/17
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> We are still blaming you for all the Christmas movies.

But it's not like the good old days when It's A Wonderful Life was on
five channels at the same time.

shawn

Dec 10, 2017, 7:29:21 PM12/10/17
So that's where all of these Christmas movies come from?

Robin Miller

Dec 10, 2017, 7:39:24 PM12/10/17
Oooooh.

:-)

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Dec 10, 2017, 8:05:59 PM12/10/17
In article <p0khke$a3$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Travelerway?

suzeeq

Dec 10, 2017, 8:10:34 PM12/10/17
anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0khke$a3$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/10/2017 1:57 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I've heard it both ways.
>>>
>>> Your way and the right way.
>>>
>> Or my family's way since the family name ends in "way". :)
>
> Dimensional Travelerway?

That's what I thought too.

Jim G.

Dec 10, 2017, 9:04:33 PM12/10/17
anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/10/2017 at 07:05 PM:
I thought that he was trying to tell us that he's in the family way.

"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 10, 2017, 9:26:26 PM12/10/17
On 12/10/2017 5:05 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0khke$a3$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 12/10/2017 1:57 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I've heard it both ways.
>>>
>>> Your way and the right way.
>>>
>> Or my family's way since the family name ends in "way". :)
>
> Dimensional Travelerway?

Maybe.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 10, 2017, 9:27:16 PM12/10/17
On 12/10/2017 6:04 PM, Jim G. wrote:
> anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/10/2017 at 07:05 PM:
>> In article <p0khke$a3$2...@dont-email.me>,
>>   Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Or my family's way since the family name ends in "way".  :)
>>
>> Dimensional Travelerway?
>
> I thought that he was trying to tell us that he's in the family way.

O_o

Jim G.

Dec 13, 2017, 4:50:53 PM12/13/17
Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/10/2017 at 08:27 PM:
> On 12/10/2017 6:04 PM, Jim G. wrote:
>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/10/2017 at 07:05 PM:

>>> Dimensional Travelerway?
>>
>> I thought that he was trying to tell us that he's in the family way.
>>
> O_o

I was starting to think that my grade school biology teacher was a big
fat liar.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 13, 2017, 8:50:08 PM12/13/17
On 12/13/2017 1:50 PM, Jim G. wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/10/2017 at 08:27 PM:
>> On 12/10/2017 6:04 PM, Jim G. wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/10/2017 at 07:05 PM:

>>> I thought that he was trying to tell us that he's in the family way.
>>>
>> O_o
>
> I was starting to think that my grade school biology teacher was a big
> fat liar.

If he/she told you men can get pregnant you'd be right.

Jim G.

Dec 16, 2017, 3:43:09 PM12/16/17
Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/13/2017 at 07:50 PM:
Clearly someone should have verified his teaching credentials at some
point along the way.

anim8rfsk

Dec 16, 2017, 4:10:34 PM12/16/17
In article <p140gq$qob$2...@news.albasani.net>,
"Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/13/2017 at 07:50 PM:
> > On 12/13/2017 1:50 PM, Jim G. wrote:
> >> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/10/2017 at 08:27 PM:

> >> I was starting to think that my grade school biology teacher was a big
> >> fat liar.
> >>
> > If he/she told you men can get pregnant you'd be right.
>
> Clearly someone should have verified his teaching credentials at some
> point along the way.

You don't verify teaching credentials, just union affiliation.

Jim G.

Dec 17, 2017, 6:33:02 PM12/17/17
anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/16/2017 at 03:10 PM:
> In article <p140gq$qob$2...@news.albasani.net>,
> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/13/2017 at 07:50 PM:

>>> If he/she told you men can get pregnant you'd be right.
>>
>> Clearly someone should have verified his teaching credentials at some
>> point along the way.
>
> You don't verify teaching credentials, just union affiliation.

It's all about the kids.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 17, 2017, 7:41:11 PM12/17/17
On 12/17/2017 3:32 PM, Jim G. wrote:
> anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/16/2017 at 03:10 PM:
>> In article <p140gq$qob$2...@news.albasani.net>,
>>   "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/13/2017 at 07:50 PM:

>>> Clearly someone should have verified his teaching credentials at some
>>> point along the way.
>>
>> You don't verify teaching credentials, just union affiliation.
>
> It's all about the kids.

The school kids have a union now?

Jim G.

Dec 21, 2017, 2:39:32 PM12/21/17
Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/17/2017 at 06:41 PM:
Why would they? They don't need a union when they already have
overprotective parents who defend them -- and side against the teachers
-- whenever they do something wrong.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 21, 2017, 3:26:33 PM12/21/17
On 12/21/2017 11:39 AM, Jim G. wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/17/2017 at 06:41 PM:
>> On 12/17/2017 3:32 PM, Jim G. wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/16/2017 at 03:10 PM:

>>> It's all about the kids.
>>>
>> The school kids have a union now?
>
> Why would they? They don't need a union when they already have
> overprotective parents who defend them -- and side against the teachers
> -- whenever they do something wrong.

So its the school kids' parents that have a union.

mog...@hotmail.com

Dec 21, 2017, 3:51:47 PM12/21/17
On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 3:26:33 PM UTC-5, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 12/21/2017 11:39 AM, Jim G. wrote:
> > Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/17/2017 at 06:41 PM:

> >> The school kids have a union now?
> >
> > Why would they? They don't need a union when they already have
> > overprotective parents who defend them -- and side against the teachers
> > -- whenever they do something wrong.
> >
> So its the school kids' parents that have a union.

And anyone can form a union. At any time. At any place.

Jim G.

Dec 21, 2017, 5:45:27 PM12/21/17
Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/21/2017 at 02:26 PM:
> On 12/21/2017 11:39 AM, Jim G. wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/17/2017 at 06:41 PM:

>>> The school kids have a union now?
>>
>> Why would they? They don't need a union when they already have
>> overprotective parents who defend them -- and side against the teachers
>> -- whenever they do something wrong.
>>
> So its the school kids' parents that have a union.

The union was earlier. It's what led to the kid in the first place. And
now we're looping. :)

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 21, 2017, 8:53:52 PM12/21/17
On 12/21/2017 2:45 PM, Jim G. wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/21/2017 at 02:26 PM:
>> On 12/21/2017 11:39 AM, Jim G. wrote:
>>> Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/17/2017 at 06:41 PM:

>>> Why would they? They don't need a union when they already have
>>> overprotective parents who defend them -- and side against the teachers
>>> -- whenever they do something wrong.
>>>
>> So its the school kids' parents that have a union.
>
> The union was earlier. It's what led to the kid in the first place. And
> now we're looping. :)

I'm starting to wonder how one becomes elected as Union Rep in that
situation....

Jim G.

Dec 22, 2017, 1:54:57 PM12/22/17
Dimensional Traveler sent the following on 12/21/2017 at 07:53 PM:
If you ever find out, please don't tell me.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 22, 2017, 5:20:57 PM12/22/17
If I ever find out, I don't think I'll even tell myself.