Today's premieres and other notes (Sunday, Sept. 3)

Robin Miller

Sep 3, 2017, 1:22:46 PM9/3/17

ABC Fall Preview (special) (7 to 7:30 pm, ABC)

Twin Peaks (revival finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes,
Showtime)

Psycho Wedding Crasher (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Since she started working as a dressmaker for her Aunt Daisy, Jenna has
seen dozens of brides getting happily married in her gorgeous wedding
gowns. Jenna longs to have a white wedding of her own and to find a
handsome man who will take her away from her abusive Aunt. When Jenna
meets bride-to-be Marci and boyfriend Glenn, she realizes Glenn is the
man of her dreams and now she will stop at nothing to have him all to
herself and to make her dreams come true... even if she has to kill the
bride! Stars Heather Morris, Fiona Vroom, Jason Cermak, Joan Van Ark.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6207236/

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/psycho-wedding-crasher

Power (season 4 finale) (9 pm, Starz)

Renewed for season 5.

Cable reality:

The Bobby and Demaris Show [new] (12:30 pm, Food Network)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/the-bobby-and-damaris-show

The Best Thing I Ever Ate (season 7 premiere) (8 pm, Cooking
Channel)

Mighty Cruise Ships (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, Smithsonian)

Caribbean Life (season 10 premiere) (9 and 9:30 pm, two
episodes, HGTV)

Mighty Trains [new] (9 pm, Smithsonian Channel)

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/shows/mighty-trains/1004949

The X Factor UK (season 14) (9 pm, AXS)

North Woods Law (season 2 premiere) (10 pm, Animal Planet)

Deadline: Crime with Tamron Hall (season 5 premiere) (10
pm, Investigation Discovery)

Unsung Hollywood (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, TV One)

Tomorrow's scripted and network premieres:

I am Frankie [new; sneak preview] (7 pm, Nickelodeon)

A cutting edge, experimental android navigates the perils and wonders of
being a teenager in I Am Frankie, Nickelodeon's newest serialized
live-action show, debuting Monday, Sept. 11, at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT). I Am
Frankie tells the story of Frankie Gaines (Alex Hook), who looks like
any other human girl, but harbors a big secret--she functions as a
high-tech computer, complete with internet access, extensive memory and
more. The series premieres daily, Monday through Friday, at 7:30 p.m.
(ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. After escaping from tech company EGG Labs to
avoid being used for evil purposes, Frankie enrolls in high school in an
attempt to pass as a typical teenager. Despite having an inside full of
wires and circuits, Frankie begins to adapt well by bonding with her new
best friend Dayton (Nicole Alyse Nelson), juggling loads of homework and
dealing with boy crushes, all while keeping her true identity a secret.
Suspicion soon arises about Frankie, as popular girls Tammy (Mohana
Krishnan), Lucia (Uriel Baldesco) and Makayla (Kristi Beckett) question
her quick victory during a math competition. To complicate things even
further, Frankie's wiring goes haywire as she starts experiencing human
emotion, creating more challenges and adventurous fun. How long can she
keep her true identity a secret while maintaining herself as a normal
teenager? [Tonight's first episode will apparently be repeated next
Monday, when the series officially premieres; regular time is 7:30.]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5620962/

http://www.nick.com/i-am-frankie/

My Baby Is Gone (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Emily, who is seven months pregnant, quickly becomes friends with her
new neighbour, Kelly, who is also pregnant. They seem to have a lot in
common and both look forward to the arrival of their new babies. Little
does Emily know that Kelly has been faking her pregnancy in order to get
close to Emily so she can steal her baby! Stars Elisabeth Harnois, Anna
Van Hooft, and Ryan S. Williams.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6079100/

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-baby-is-gone

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Sep 3, 2017, 1:59:13 PM9/3/17
In article <f12s32...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> ABC Fall Preview (special) (7 to 7:30 pm, ABC)

Holy crap. Really? I haven't seen one of those in years!
Hey, this is fun. The DVR popped up "this is after a live sports event"
and by default padded the record time 30 minutes! It's like they *want*
me to see it!
The last time I watched one of these they convinced me not to sample any
of the shows ...

> Twin Peaks (revival finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes,
> Showtime)
>

> Psycho Wedding Crasher (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Since she started working as a dressmaker for her Aunt Daisy, Jenna has
> seen dozens of brides getting happily married in her gorgeous wedding
> gowns. Jenna longs to have a white wedding of her own and to find a
> handsome man who will take her away from her abusive Aunt. When Jenna
> meets bride-to-be Marci and boyfriend Glenn, she realizes Glenn is the
> man of her dreams and now she will stop at nothing to have him all to
> herself and to make her dreams come true... even if she has to kill the
> bride! Stars Heather Morris, Fiona Vroom, Jason Cermak, Joan Van Ark.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6207236/
>
> http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/psycho-wedding-crasher
>

> Power (season 4 finale) (9 pm, Starz)
>
> Renewed for season 5.

And yet we still haven't seen all of Powerless.
Because math competitions are what the popular girls care about.

To complicate things even
> further, Frankie's wiring goes haywire as she starts experiencing human
> emotion, creating more challenges and adventurous fun.

Is 'adventurous fun' something you can create?

How long can she
> keep her true identity a secret while maintaining herself as a normal
> teenager? [Tonight's first episode will apparently be repeated next
> Monday, when the series officially premieres; regular time is 7:30.]
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5620962/
>
> http://www.nick.com/i-am-frankie/

Somewhere SMALL WONDER is filing a lawsuit.

> My Baby Is Gone (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Emily, who is seven months pregnant, quickly becomes friends with her
> new neighbour, Kelly, who is also pregnant. They seem to have a lot in
> common and both look forward to the arrival of their new babies. Little
> does Emily know that Kelly has been faking her pregnancy in order to get
> close to Emily so she can steal her baby! Stars Elisabeth Harnois, Anna
> Van Hooft, and Ryan S. Williams.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6079100/
>
> http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-baby-is-gone

Thank the Powers That Be for the Labor Day marathons,> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

Sep 3, 2017, 4:38:22 PM9/3/17
On 2017-09-03 17:59:05 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <f12s32...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> ABC Fall Preview (special) (7 to 7:30 pm, ABC)
>
> Holy crap. Really? I haven't seen one of those in years!
> Hey, this is fun. The DVR popped up "this is after a live sports event"
> and by default padded the record time 30 minutes! It's like they *want*
> me to see it!
> The last time I watched one of these they convinced me not to sample any
> of the shows ...

I've noticed that these have migrated to the apps - I think I noticed
one of these each for ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX when I checked their apps
last week...

>> Tomorrow's scripted and network premieres:
>>

>> I am Frankie [new; sneak preview] (7 pm, Nickelodeon)
>>
>> A cutting edge, experimental android navigates the perils and wonders of
>> being a teenager in I Am Frankie, Nickelodeon's newest serialized
>> live-action show, debuting Monday, Sept. 11, at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT). I Am
>> Frankie tells the story of Frankie Gaines (Alex Hook), who looks like
>> any other human girl, but harbors a big secret--she functions as a
>> high-tech computer, complete with internet access, extensive memory and
>> more. The series premieres daily, Monday through Friday, at 7:30 p.m.
>> (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. After escaping from tech company EGG Labs to
>> avoid being used for evil purposes, Frankie enrolls in high school in an
>> attempt to pass as a typical teenager. Despite having an inside full of
>> wires and circuits, Frankie begins to adapt well by bonding with her new
>> best friend Dayton (Nicole Alyse Nelson), juggling loads of homework and
>> dealing with boy crushes, all while keeping her true identity a secret.
>> Suspicion soon arises about Frankie, as popular girls Tammy (Mohana
>> Krishnan), Lucia (Uriel Baldesco) and Makayla (Kristi Beckett) question
>> her quick victory during a math competition.
>
> Because math competitions are what the popular girls care about.

It's apparently a "nerd" school or something, which is why the "popular
girls" are also the "smartest girls"...

> > To complicate things even
>> further, Frankie's wiring goes haywire as she starts experiencing human
>> emotion, creating more challenges and adventurous fun.
>
> Is 'adventurous fun' something you can create?
>
> > How long can she
>> keep her true identity a secret while maintaining herself as a normal
>> teenager? [Tonight's first episode will apparently be repeated next
>> Monday, when the series officially premieres; regular time is 7:30.]
>
> Somewhere SMALL WONDER is filing a lawsuit.

This is nowhere near as awful as "Small Wonder"...

anim8rfsk

Sep 3, 2017, 5:34:03 PM9/3/17
In article <oohovi$veo$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2017-09-03 17:59:05 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > In article <f12s32...@mid.individual.net>,
> > Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> ABC Fall Preview (special) (7 to 7:30 pm, ABC)
> >
> > Holy crap. Really? I haven't seen one of those in years!
> > Hey, this is fun. The DVR popped up "this is after a live sports event"
> > and by default padded the record time 30 minutes! It's like they *want*
> > me to see it!
> > The last time I watched one of these they convinced me not to sample any
> > of the shows ...
>
> I've noticed that these have migrated to the apps - I think I noticed
> one of these each for ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX when I checked their apps
> last week...

Because you wouldn't want free advertising for your TV network on your
TV network.

> >> Tomorrow's scripted and network premieres:
> >>

> >> I am Frankie [new; sneak preview] (7 pm, Nickelodeon)
> >>
> >> A cutting edge, experimental android navigates the perils and wonders of
> >> being a teenager in I Am Frankie, Nickelodeon's newest serialized
> >> live-action show, debuting Monday, Sept. 11, at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT). I Am
> >> Frankie tells the story of Frankie Gaines (Alex Hook), who looks like
> >> any other human girl, but harbors a big secret--she functions as a
> >> high-tech computer, complete with internet access, extensive memory and
> >> more. The series premieres daily, Monday through Friday, at 7:30 p.m.
> >> (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. After escaping from tech company EGG Labs to
> >> avoid being used for evil purposes, Frankie enrolls in high school in an
> >> attempt to pass as a typical teenager. Despite having an inside full of
> >> wires and circuits, Frankie begins to adapt well by bonding with her new
> >> best friend Dayton (Nicole Alyse Nelson), juggling loads of homework and
> >> dealing with boy crushes, all while keeping her true identity a secret.
> >> Suspicion soon arises about Frankie, as popular girls Tammy (Mohana
> >> Krishnan), Lucia (Uriel Baldesco) and Makayla (Kristi Beckett) question
> >> her quick victory during a math competition.
> >
> > Because math competitions are what the popular girls care about.
>
> It's apparently a "nerd" school or something, which is why the "popular
> girls" are also the "smartest girls"...

So it's science fiction?

> > > To complicate things even
> >> further, Frankie's wiring goes haywire as she starts experiencing human
> >> emotion, creating more challenges and adventurous fun.
> >
> > Is 'adventurous fun' something you can create?
> >
> > > How long can she
> >> keep her true identity a secret while maintaining herself as a normal
> >> teenager? [Tonight's first episode will apparently be repeated next
> >> Monday, when the series officially premieres; regular time is 7:30.]
> >
> > Somewhere SMALL WONDER is filing a lawsuit.
>
> This is nowhere near as awful as "Small Wonder"...

That's not much of a feat.