Today's premieres and other notes (Sunday, Feb. 25)

Robin Miller

Feb 25, 2018, 1:05:39 PM2/25/18

Fear Factor (season 9 premiere) (7 pm, MTV)

XXIII Olympic Winter Games Closing Ceremony (special) (8 pm, NBC)

Olympics coverage starts at 7 pm.

The Bachelor: The Women Tell All (special time) (8-10 pm, ABC)

Big Brother: Celebrity Edition (season finale) (8-10 pm, CBS)

Love & Hate Crime [new to US] (8 pm, Investigation Discovery)

Three-part documentary series from the BBC that takes an intimate look
at the dangers facing those who are singled out in our country.

The Walking Dead (2nd half of season 8) (9 to 10:22 pm, AMC)

Note: A marathon of the first half of the season begins at noon,
continuing an ongoing marathon of earlier seasons. From 7:30 to 9:00 pm
AMC will show a "bonus edition" of episode 8, the last before the break,
with "new material." Season 8 concludes on April 15.

Ash vs. Evil Dead (season 3 premiere) (9 pm, Starz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig99vvjeUeI

Victoria (season 2 finale) (9 to 10:30 pm, PBS)

The Radical Story of Patty Hearst (series finale) (9 and
10 pm, two episodes, CNN)

America's Greatest Threat: Vladimir Putin ("documentary")
(9-11 pm, History Channel)

Secrets of the Lost [new] (10 pm, Science Channel)

Six-episode series that explores magnificent mysteries found around the
globe.

Island Life (season 12 premiere) (10 pm, HGTV)

Shark Tank (season 9 finale) (10 pm, ABC)

Talking Dead (2nd half of season 7) (10:22 pm, AMC)

A.P. Bio (special time) (10:30 pm, NBC)

The new series returns with its second episode, following its special
premiere of the first episode nearly one month ago. Subsequent episodes
will air Thursdays at 8:30p (beginning March 1st).

Mr. Pickles (season 3 premiere) (midnight, Adult Swim)

Comic Book Men (2nd half of season ) (12:44 am, AMC)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

A lot. I will post an update later.

--Robin

Capricorne

Feb 25, 2018, 1:20:53 PM2/25/18
Robin Miller wrote :

> XXIII Olympic Winter Games Closing Ceremony (special) (8 pm, NBC)

At last!

> The Walking Dead (2nd half of season 8) (9 to 10:22 pm, AMC)
>
> Note: A marathon of the first half of the season begins at noon, continuing
> an ongoing marathon of earlier seasons. From 7:30 to 9:00 pm AMC will show a
> "bonus edition" of episode 8, the last before the break, with "new material."
> Season 8 concludes on April 15.

At last!

suzeeq

Feb 25, 2018, 1:55:30 PM2/25/18
Robin Miller wrote:

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>
> A lot. I will post an update later.

Yeah, since the Olympics are over.

Robin Miller

Feb 25, 2018, 2:02:15 PM2/25/18
Tomorrow's advance notes:

Ackley Bridge [new to US] (Acorn TV)

British series about the faculty and teen students at a multicultural
school makes its American debut.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6636246/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackley_Bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUMzeZmhWGM

https://acorn.tv/ackleybridge_cs

The Voice (season 14 premiere) (8-10 pm, NBC)

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice

The Lost Tapes: Malcolm X (documentary) (8 pm,
Smithsonian Channel)

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/shows/the-lost-tapes/malcolm-x/1004513/3456587

Counting On (season 7 premiere) (9 pm, TLC)

iZombie (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

The world now knows the truth about zombies thanks to Chase Graves
(Jason Dohring) and some people want to become one.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/izombie/

Jonestown: The Women Behind the Massacre (documentary)
(9-11 pm, A&E)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7UckNeh7o

http://www.aetv.com/specials/jonestown-the-women-behind-the-massacre

Living Biblically [new] (9:30 pm, CBS)

Chip Curry (Jay R. Ferguson) is a modern-day man at a crossroads in his
life who decides to live strictly in accordance with the Bible. Formerly
known as By the Book, this multi-camera sitcom also stars Lindsey Kraft,
Ian Gomez, David Krumholtz, Tony Rock and Camryn Manheim and is adapted
from Esquire editor A.J. Jacobs's book The Year of Living Biblically:
One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible.

A film critic for a New York newspaper and a soon-to-be father, Chip
wants to be a better man following the loss of his best friend. He
decides to put his slightly obsessive temperament to use and start
living his life 100% by the Bible to find direction. His smart, pregnant
wife, Leslie, while both skeptical and entertained by her husband's new
passion, supports him completely. Knowing he'll need some practical
advice, Chip forms a "God Squad" with Father Gene, a Catholic priest who
helps Chip translate the rules of the Bible to a modern world, and
Father Gene's best friend, easygoing Rabbi Gil Ableman, who respects
Chip's chutzpah and is glad to serve as a sounding board when they meet
at their local bar. At Chip's newspaper, he finds support from his
no-nonsense boss, Ms. Meadows, who knows Chip's self-penned story will
sell newspapers, and his co-worker and friend, Vince, who is quick with
a reality check and likes to wind Chip up for his own amusement. As he
begins his sincere spiritual journey toward a more moral life with the
help of his wife and friends, Chip wonders if he'll be able to take a
page - or every page - out of the Good Book, and if the effect will be
of biblical proportions.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/living-biblically

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1048176/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Biblically

http://www.cbs.com/shows/living-biblically/

McMafia [new to US] (10 pm, AMC)

Alex Godman (James Norton), the British-raised son of an exiled Mafia
man, has honest career as a fund manager and happy life with girlfriend
Rebecca (Juliet Rylance) when he is forced to face the international
criminal underworld to protect his family in this drama created by
Hossein Amini and James Watkins (Black Mirror, The Take) and inspired by
Misha Glenny's non-fiction book of the same name. BBC-produced organized
crime thriller is an adaptation of Misha Glenny's book from Hossein
Amini and James Watkins. New episodes will air weekly, but subscribers
of the premium AMC Premiere service can stream all eight episodes
tonight. Broadcast on BBC One beginning on January 1.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/mcmafia [Metacritic score 62]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6271042/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMafia

http://www.amc.com/shows/mcmafia

Shoot the Messenger [new to US] (10 pm, WGN)

Centering on the complex relationships between crime reporters and the
police, "Shoot the Messenger" follows Daisy Channing (Elyse Levesque), a
young reporter trying to balance a messy personal life with a burgeoning
career. Things begin to go sideways for Daisy when she witnesses a
murder she thinks is gang related, only to find herself slowly drawn
into an interconnected web of criminal and illicit sexual activity that
reaches into the corridors of corporate and political power. It's the
kind of news story that will destroy lives, including those of her own
family. With help from her editor Mary Foster (Alex Kingston), co-worker
Simon Olenski (Lucas Bryant), and lead homicide detective Kevin Lutz
(Lyriq Bent), Daisy uncovers a cover-up so scandalous it could bring
down the government. Eight episodes. One-season Canadian series
broadcast by CBC in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SiW-CG3b8

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5178678/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_the_Messenger_(TV_series)

http://www.cbc.ca/shootthemessenger/

http://www.wgnamerica.com/series/shootthemessenger/

Trouble No More (documentary) (10-11 pm, Cinemax)

The film consists of live footage of Bob Dylan performing gospel music
during a 1980 tour. The film also features actor Michael Shannon in the
part of evangelical preacher giving sermons that appear between songs
throughout the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awo55I-9D-4

UnREAL (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Caitlin FitzGerald (Masters of Sex) joins the cast for the drama's third
season. Everlasting's producers Rachel Goldberg (Shiri Appleby) and
Quinn King (Constance Zimmer) ready Serena Wolcott (FitzGerald) as the
newest contestant seeking a spouse in the third season of the drama series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_TuLXSUTa8

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/unreal/season-3 [Metacritic score 64]

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/unreal

Good Girls [new] (10 pm, NBC)

Beth (Christina Hendricks) convinces her best friend Ruby (Retta) and
her younger sister Annie (Mae Whitman) to hold up a grocery store, but
things become complicated when the store manager may have seen one of
them in this drama from Jenna Bans.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6474378/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Girls_(TV_series)

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/good-girls [Metacritic score 61]

https://www.nbc.com/good-girls

American Greed (season 12 premiere) (10 pm, CNBC)

Final Space [new] (10:30 pm, TBS)

Astronaut Gary (voiced by Olan Rogers) befriends a cute alien named
Mooncake (also Rogers) who is being sought after by the Lord Commander
(David Tennant) to use for his own evil plans in the animated sci-fi
comedy created by Rogers. The first two episodes were shown by TNT on
Feb. 17 in a sneak peek, but this is the actual premiere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EHbt_kSkG8

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/final-space

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Space

http://www.tbs.com/shows/final-space

--Robin

Connor

Feb 25, 2018, 3:02:32 PM2/25/18
On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 11:02:15 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> suzeeq wrote:

> Trouble No More (documentary) (10-11 pm, Cinemax)
>
> The film consists of live footage of Bob Dylan performing gospel music
> during a 1980 tour. The film also features actor Michael Shannon in the
> part of evangelical preacher giving sermons that appear between songs
> throughout the film.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awo55I-9D-4

Huh????

anim8rfsk

Feb 25, 2018, 3:04:51 PM2/25/18
In article <ffgfhj...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>

> UnREAL (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Caitlin FitzGerald (Masters of Sex) joins the cast for the drama's third
> season. Everlasting's producers Rachel Goldberg (Shiri Appleby)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/04/article-2287671-186B487D000005D
C-632_634x633.jpg

> Final Space [new] (10:30 pm, TBS)
>
> Astronaut Gary (voiced by Olan Rogers) befriends a cute alien named
> Mooncake (also Rogers) who is being sought after by the Lord Commander
> (David Tennant) to use for his own evil plans in the animated sci-fi
> comedy created by Rogers. The first two episodes were shown by TNT on
> Feb. 17 in a sneak peek, but this is the actual premiere.

I watched almost 3 minutes of the sneak peak before I turned it off in
horror and revulsion. An incredibly incompetently made project. Wild
clashing of inappropriate styles. Just awful.

Thanks> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

BTR1701

Feb 25, 2018, 6:18:01 PM2/25/18
In article <ffgfhj...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> The Voice (season 14 premiere) (8-10 pm, NBC)

Sigh...

Didn't we just get rid of this one?

BTR1701

Feb 25, 2018, 6:19:03 PM2/25/18
In article <anim8rfsk-CE86C...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <ffgfhj...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> > UnREAL (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, Lifetime Channel)
> >
> > Caitlin FitzGerald (Masters of Sex) joins the cast for the drama's third
> > season. Everlasting's producers Rachel Goldberg (Shiri Appleby)
>
> http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/04/article-2287671-186B487D000005D
> C-632_634x633.jpg

Goddammit!

Neill Massello

Feb 25, 2018, 6:36:33 PM2/25/18
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> I watched almost 3 minutes of the sneak peak before I turned it off in
> horror and revulsion. An incredibly incompetently made project. Wild
> clashing of inappropriate styles. Just awful.

Whom the gods destroy, they first turn into sitcoms. Thus with science
fiction.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 25, 2018, 7:04:00 PM2/25/18
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Tomorrow's advance notes:

>A lot. I will post an update later.

Oooh! I await with baited breath. Will anim give you love?

Robin Miller

Feb 25, 2018, 7:54:00 PM2/25/18
Hmmmmm. Can I pass on that?

:-)

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Feb 25, 2018, 8:14:46 PM2/25/18
In article <atropos-1CEB22...@news.giganews.com>,
Oh, come on, you had to know that was coming.

anim8rfsk

Feb 25, 2018, 8:18:37 PM2/25/18
In article <ffh453...@mid.individual.net>,
So my chance for love is Gone?!?

:(

bruce2...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2018, 9:52:57 PM2/25/18
Another youtube original?

Robin Miller

Feb 25, 2018, 9:59:17 PM2/25/18
anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ffh453...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>> Oooh! I await with baited breath. Will anim give you love?
>>>

>> Hmmmmm. Can I pass on that?
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> --Robin
>
> So my chance for love is Gone?!?