Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

WKRP Closing Theme Lyrics

Visto 690 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Ubiquitous

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 14:00:264/4/18
Does anyone have any idea what the lyrics to the closing theme of WKRP In
Cincinnati are? I used to hope that the CBS announcer would have nothing
to say every week so I could decipher it. The only word I can hear clearly
is "bartender", which is said about four times.

Se ha eliminado el mensaje

mongo

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 14:11:294/4/18

anim8rfsk

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 14:22:054/4/18
In article <pa33rm$1qc$9...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea what the lyrics to the closing theme of WKRP In
> Cincinnati are? I used to hope that the CBS announcer would have nothing
> to say every week so I could decipher it. The only word I can hear clearly
> is "bartender", which is said about four times.

You asked for it:

https://youtu.be/MFcA8gA4nD8

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Adam H. Kerman

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 14:40:084/4/18
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>Does anyone have any idea what the lyrics to the closing theme of WKRP In
>Cincinnati are? I used to hope that the CBS announcer would have nothing
>to say every week so I could decipher it. The only word I can hear clearly
>is "bartender", which is said about four times.

There were no lyrics written for the closing theme. The composer sang
nonsense words that were never intended for the final voice track, to be
replaced with lyrics yet to be written.

Producer Hugh Wilson thought it would be funny to keep the nonsense
words, given myriad complaints that no one can understand lyrics in many
rock songs anyway.

Obveeus

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 15:23:484/4/18

On 4/4/2018 2:22 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <pa33rm$1qc$9...@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any idea what the lyrics to the closing theme of WKRP In
>> Cincinnati are? I used to hope that the CBS announcer would have nothing
>> to say every week so I could decipher it. The only word I can hear clearly
>> is "bartender", which is said about four times.
>
> You asked for it:
>
> https://youtu.be/MFcA8gA4nD8

or this, more seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj-p9Ix_TAw

mog...@hotmail.com

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 15:51:044/4/18
On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 2:00:26 PM UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea what the lyrics to the closing theme of WKRP In
> Cincinnati are?

That's a crazy question. That's like asking what are the lyrics the opening song for the movie "The Black Hole" (1979).

Rhino

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 16:09:064/4/18
On 2018-04-04 1:07 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea what the lyrics to the closing theme of WKRP In
> Cincinnati are? I used to hope that the CBS announcer would have nothing
> to say every week so I could decipher it. The only word I can hear clearly
> is "bartender", which is said about four times.

I found this video on YouTube which may answer your question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFcA8gA4nD8

Pay special attention to the comments for some interesting revelations.

--
Rhino

danny burstein

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 17:14:154/4/18
OMG, you mean someone aside from me watched that one?

dan...@panix.com

A Friend

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 18:32:454/4/18
In article <pa3f74$6q4$1...@reader2.panix.com>, danny burstein
<dan...@panix.com> wrote:

> In <a2ea5720-d1f9-4c3d...@googlegroups.com>
> mog...@hotmail.com writes:
>
> >On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 2:00:26 PM UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >> Does anyone have any idea what the lyrics to the closing theme of WKRP In
> >> Cincinnati are?
>
> >That's a crazy question. That's like asking what are the lyrics the opening
> >song for the movie "The Black Hole" (1979).
>
> OMG, you mean someone aside from me watched that one?

Aside from the cool visual pun about Maximilian Schell being trapped
inside the shell of Maximilian at the end, there's nothing in that
movie to watch.

Obveeus

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 20:00:194/4/18
Robots made of cardboard with crayola crayon faces drawn on...in a movie
that came out several years after STAR WARS. It sure summed up Disney
of the time perfectly.

anim8rfsk

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 21:49:474/4/18
In article <pa3oug$1t1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
How about Yvette Mimiuex with her head literally wrapped in tinfoil?

A Friend

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 22:07:014/4/18
In article <pa3oug$1t1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

Yes, it did. That film was hopeless.

It was also the first Disney film to be rated PG. Some people went a
little nuts over that.

Michael OConnor

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 22:20:304/4/18

> >> OMG, you mean someone aside from me watched that one?
> >
> > Aside from the cool visual pun about Maximilian Schell being trapped
> > inside the shell of Maximilian at the end, there's nothing in that
> > movie to watch.
>
> Robots made of cardboard with crayola crayon faces drawn on...in a movie
> that came out several years after STAR WARS. It sure summed up Disney
> of the time perfectly.

Don't forget the robot that talked like Slim Pickens.

I suffered thru The Black Hole about a year back; hadn't seen it since it came out on cable circa 1980. It was one of the half dozen worst big-budget Hollywood films I have ever seen. It violated the laws of physics and science repeatedly, with the giant perfectly round meteor object that came right thru the middle of the ship and they were on the bridge running in front of the glowing hot object that should have incinerated them. Of course, there was also the scene with Maximillian Schell floating in the vacuum of space for a while before climbing into the Maximillian robot, and the Maximilliam robot just so happening to have enough space inside it to fit a human being and have air and water and food and waste facilities inside for him.

What I didn't get about The Black Hole is that Disney made a movie aimed at kids, but they went for this weird, dark, ambiguous end sequence where we are left to believe that Maximillian with Maximillian Schell inside is Satan or overseeing Hell, that went over the heads of children.

anim8rfsk

no leída,
4 abr 2018, 23:18:394/4/18
In article <5b654ce6-1310-40b4...@googlegroups.com>,
Michael OConnor <mpoco...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Aside from the cool visual pun about Maximilian Schell being trapped
> > > inside the shell of Maximilian at the end, there's nothing in that
> > > movie to watch.
> >
> > Robots made of cardboard with crayola crayon faces drawn on...in a movie
> > that came out several years after STAR WARS. It sure summed up Disney
> > of the time perfectly.
>
> Don't forget the robot that talked like Slim Pickens.
>
> I suffered thru The Black Hole about a year back; hadn't seen it since it
> came out on cable circa 1980. It was one of the half dozen worst big-budget
> Hollywood films I have ever seen. It violated the laws of physics and
> science repeatedly, with the giant perfectly round meteor object that came
> right thru the middle of the ship and they were on the bridge running in

The meteor was BOUNCING in zero Gs!!

> front of the glowing hot object that should have incinerated them. Of
> course, there was also the scene with Maximillian Schell floating in the
> vacuum of space for a while before climbing into the Maximillian robot, and
> the Maximilliam robot just so happening to have enough space inside it to fit
> a human being and have air and water and food and waste facilities inside for
> him.
>
> What I didn't get about The Black Hole is that Disney made a movie aimed at
> kids, but they went for this weird, dark, ambiguous end sequence where we are
> left to believe that Maximillian with Maximillian Schell inside is Satan or
> overseeing Hell, that went over the heads of children.

And everything else.

THE BLACK HOLE is the only movie I've been to (Rocky Horror doesn't
count) where people actually threw things at the screen.

Great soundtrack though.

bruce2...@gmail.com

no leída,
5 abr 2018, 0:19:035/4/18
But you have to admit, the way the robot floated down to the other characters at the start of the movie was creative.

Michael OConnor

no leída,
5 abr 2018, 3:18:495/4/18

> THE BLACK HOLE is the only movie I've been to (Rocky Horror doesn't
> count) where people actually threw things at the screen.
>
> Great soundtrack though.

John Barry never did a bad soundtrack IMO.

anim8rfsk

no leída,
5 abr 2018, 9:35:395/4/18
In article <faf451b0-f18d-46d4...@googlegroups.com>,
Fair point.

mrz...@yahoo.com

no leída,
23 oct 2018, 0:19:5823/10/18
Said to the bartender
Best night I ever had
Singing to the bar
Had a microphone
In her heart
I said goodbye now
I had a bird in hand
I said I'm doin' good
And put lovin' in her heart

mrz...@yahoo.com

no leída,
25 oct 2018, 13:41:0225/10/18

Ubiquitous

no leída,
25 oct 2018, 20:12:4225/10/18
I think there's a YouTube clip with the lyrics.

--
Kavanaugh is a gang rapist.
OK, not a gang rapist, but a serial rapist.

blooz...@gmail.com

no leída,
4 dic 2018, 15:16:464/12/18
Original Lyrics:
Mad tooth bar chin-up, box zing outta her hair now
Still do the modern day whack-a-mole ditto-o-o
What's that? Good bartender, i'da hat-beer 'n' head out
I said I wouldn't do it if a poodle had a lid on

blooz...@gmail.com

no leída,
4 dic 2018, 22:01:164/12/18

theoldw...@yahoo.com

no leída,
14 ene 2019, 22:14:3414/1/19
"WKRP In Cincinnati (Closing Theme)"
Misheard Lyrics:
Hey you, bartender
Get set up in here
Two little bottles and a rock 'n' roll bar, uh huh
I said, Good bartender,
Get set up and head out
I said, I'm doing good
Then I'll pulling outta here, uh huh