The Good Place "The Trolley" (spoilers)

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 23, 2017, 1:45:23 AM10/23/17

Michael tortures Chidi by animating ethical dilemnas and forcing Chidi
to play them out in the guise of teaching ethics to Michael. I laughed
the whole way through.

Eleanor tries to tell off Michael, but they end up swapping stories. Is
Eleanor looking to avoid eternal torture by becoming a demon herself?

Michael bribes Eleanor with endless shrimp.

Tahini and Jason try couples therapy after waiting for Janet to read
10s of thousands of books to develop the necessary expertise. Unfortunately
this makes Janet lose her thumb and a frog from her throat.

From what I can tell, Tahini isn't trying at all to give up her vanity,
so I'm not seeing how she'll get out. Jason seems like a much better
person since he died but maybe he lacks the opportunity to steal anything.

anim8rfsk

Oct 23, 2017, 2:31:54 AM10/23/17
In article <osjvlh$3gm$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> Michael tortures Chidi by animating ethical dilemnas and forcing Chidi
> to play them out in the guise of teaching ethics to Michael. I laughed
> the whole way through.

Yep, me too. Chidi is so useless and you know no real harm is done that
it's funny to watch him lose for not pulling a damn lever.

> Eleanor tries to tell off Michael, but they end up swapping stories. Is
> Eleanor looking to avoid eternal torture by becoming a demon herself?
>
> Michael bribes Eleanor with endless shrimp.

I was trying to real the dispenser labels and disappointed that it was
apparently just different sauces and not different sizes of shrimp, and
I realized they hooked me completely.

Seriously, you need one of those Coke Freestyle type dispensers that
gives you thousands of options ...

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

BTR1701

Oct 23, 2017, 2:58:03 AM10/23/17
In article <osjvlh$3gm$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> Michael bribes Eleanor with endless shrimp.

Even white chocolate-flavored shrimp.

A Friend

Oct 23, 2017, 9:20:11 AM10/23/17
In article <anim8rfsk-EBDA4...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> I was trying to real the dispenser labels and disappointed that it was
> apparently just different sauces and not different sizes of shrimp, and
> I realized they hooked me completely.
>
> Seriously, you need one of those Coke Freestyle type dispensers that
> gives you thousands of options ...

Could you make out that rightmost label? It was mostly green with some
printing and artwork on it, but I couldn't read it, even on the 55". I
thought it might be more recognizable for people in the west.

Obveeus

Oct 23, 2017, 9:27:14 AM10/23/17

On 10/23/2017 2:31 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Chidi is so useless and you know no real harm is done that
> it's funny to watch him lose for not pulling a damn lever.

Agreed. It goes back to his problem of spending years and years in
acedamia and yet not being able to finish his book because he second
guesses everything. He was also doing it earlier in this episode with
the Kantian rap (or whatever it was) he had written...reams of paper,
but he still wasn't decided if it was even a good idea yet.

>> Michael bribes Eleanor with endless shrimp.
>
> I was trying to real the dispenser labels and disappointed that it was
> apparently just different sauces and not different sizes of shrimp, and
> I realized they hooked me completely.

I wasn't looking at shrimp sizes, I was just wondering if the machine
was decent enough to remove the tails. I hate when restaurants leave
the tails on shrimp that are covered in sauce or put in food (like a
pasta dish) where you don't want to have to reach in and de-tail the
shrimp.

> Seriously, you need one of those Coke Freestyle type dispensers that
> gives you thousands of options ...

...none of which should be 'mystery flavor'...white chocolate.

...or even cool ranch for that matter.

Obveeus

Oct 23, 2017, 9:42:06 AM10/23/17
The flavors were:

'Mountain Blast'
'Old American CIRCUS funky Mustard'
'Sriracha Sunrise'
'Garlic'
'Mystery Flavor' (White Chocolate)
'Cool Ranch'
'Cajun'
...I cannot read it either. It looks like a cartoon picture of a
redhead lady with a ponytail and lots of tiny writing.

Side note: I just used NBC.com to look back at this moment and it
forced me to watch 5 ads...one of which was a promo for one of their
other shows so, yes, promos for other shows count as ads...even by the
standards of the networks.

suzeeq

Oct 23, 2017, 10:55:13 AM10/23/17
That would be good with popcorn shrimp.

anim8rfsk

Oct 23, 2017, 11:52:37 AM10/23/17
In article <oskvse$kgg$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:
See, that's the problem. There were only half a dozen choices. What if
I want jumbo shrimp with ranch, or popcorn shrimp with cocktail sauce,
hot, cold, lemon on the side, peeled, not peeled?

Barry Margolin

Oct 23, 2017, 11:56:17 AM10/23/17
In article <oskrjb$1d1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 10/23/2017 9:20 AM, A Friend wrote:
> > In article <anim8rfsk-EBDA4...@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I was trying to real the dispenser labels and disappointed that it was
> >> apparently just different sauces and not different sizes of shrimp, and
> >> I realized they hooked me completely.
> >>
> >> Seriously, you need one of those Coke Freestyle type dispensers that
> >> gives you thousands of options ...
> >
> > Could you make out that rightmost label? It was mostly green with some
> > printing and artwork on it, but I couldn't read it, even on the 55". I
> > thought it might be more recognizable for people in the west.
>
> The flavors were:
>
> 'Mountain Blast'
> 'Old American CIRCUS funky Mustard'
> 'Sriracha Sunrise'
> 'Garlic'
> 'Mystery Flavor' (White Chocolate)
> 'Cool Ranch'
> 'Cajun'
> ...I cannot read it either. It looks like a cartoon picture of a
> redhead lady with a ponytail and lots of tiny writing.

Like the Wendys logo? She has pig-tails rather than a ponytail.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 23, 2017, 11:58:45 AM10/23/17
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Michael tortures Chidi by animating ethical dilemnas and forcing Chidi
>>to play them out in the guise of teaching ethics to Michael. I laughed
>>the whole way through.

>Yep, me too. Chidi is so useless and you know no real harm is done that
>it's funny to watch him lose for not pulling a damn lever.

Michael said that real harm WAS done, that the emotions were real even
though the people Chidi kept running over were simulations, so this show
really was getting away with murder!

>>Eleanor tries to tell off Michael, but they end up swapping stories. Is
>>Eleanor looking to avoid eternal torture by becoming a demon herself?

>>Michael bribes Eleanor with endless shrimp.

>I was trying to real the dispenser labels and disappointed that it was
>apparently just different sauces and not different sizes of shrimp, and
>I realized they hooked me completely.

Haw.

They cheated by not showing us where the shrimp came from. The ice dispenser?

>Seriously, you need one of those Coke Freestyle type dispensers that
>gives you thousands of options ...

I hate those. The interface is confusing as hell.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 23, 2017, 12:03:40 PM10/23/17
Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>On 10/23/2017 2:31 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
>> Chidi is so useless and you know no real harm is done that
>> it's funny to watch him lose for not pulling a damn lever.
>
>Agreed. It goes back to his problem of spending years and years in
>acedamia and yet not being able to finish his book because he second
>guesses everything. He was also doing it earlier in this episode with
>the Kantian rap (or whatever it was) he had written...reams of paper,
>but he still wasn't decided if it was even a good idea yet.
>
>>> Michael bribes Eleanor with endless shrimp.
>>
>> I was trying to real the dispenser labels and disappointed that it was
>> apparently just different sauces and not different sizes of shrimp, and
>> I realized they hooked me completely.
>
>I wasn't looking at shrimp sizes, I was just wondering if the machine
>was decent enough to remove the tails. I hate when restaurants leave
>the tails on shrimp that are covered in sauce or put in food (like a
>pasta dish) where you don't want to have to reach in and de-tail the
>shrimp.

No one has ever revealed the secret of eating shrimp to obveeus. Well,
he'll never learn it from me, still pretending to have kill filed me.

Hint: When dealing with de-veined and peeled shrimp, you pick it up by
the tail, where a bit of peel remains, and squeeze it so the flesh separates
from the peel, pulling it out with your front teeth.

When cooking shrimp, all one has to do is de-vein it. I leave the peel on
so you get more flavor. The part of the peel that remains on the tail is
the other end of the vein. The "vein" is really a rudimentary spinal column.

Obveeus

Oct 23, 2017, 12:49:25 PM10/23/17
I think you are overlooking the obvious. They are not actually in THE
GOOD PLACE.

Obveeus

Oct 23, 2017, 12:51:03 PM10/23/17
Not like Wendy's...more like Pebbles.

anim8rfsk

Oct 23, 2017, 1:12:16 PM10/23/17
In article <osl3sp$df5$7...@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

Have I ever told my "mom made popcorn shrimp" story?

anim8rfsk

Oct 23, 2017, 1:14:13 PM10/23/17
In article <osl3jj$df5$6...@news.albasani.net>,
Yeah, somebody repurposed a drink dispenser. :\ At first I was fearing
liquid shrimp.

> >Seriously, you need one of those Coke Freestyle type dispensers that
> >gives you thousands of options ...
>
> I hate those. The interface is confusing as hell.

I like them except there's always a small child who can work it better
than you standing behind you impatiently.

Obveeus

Oct 23, 2017, 1:22:35 PM10/23/17
So I complain about restaurants that leave the tails on shrimp that they
put into other food (like pasta dishes where you have to put your hands
into that food) and the idiot Kerman responds by trying to explain that
all you have to do is put your hands in the food. Well, gee...way to
demonstrate how to make a completely worthless reply.

>> When cooking shrimp, all one has to do is de-vein it. I leave the peel on
>> so you get more flavor. The part of the peel that remains on the tail is
>> the other end of the vein. The "vein" is really a rudimentary spinal column.
>
> Have I ever told my "mom made popcorn shrimp" story?

Not that I recall...please do.

Obveeus

Oct 23, 2017, 1:24:21 PM10/23/17

On 10/23/2017 1:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Yeah, somebody repurposed a drink dispenser. :\ At first I was fearing
> liquid shrimp.

They already have their clam chowder fountains.

>>> Seriously, you need one of those Coke Freestyle type dispensers that
>>> gives you thousands of options ...
>>
>> I hate those. The interface is confusing as hell.
>
> I like them except there's always a small child who can work it better
> than you standing behind you impatiently.

The small child has the advantage that they are not looking for a
particular flavor...they just want some of each, all mixed together.

shawn

Oct 23, 2017, 2:24:44 PM10/23/17
Yeah, I just freeze framed a couple of different spots and zoomed in
on the image and still can't make out the name. It looks to start with
a M and maybe have 9 letters in the first word and then three in the
second word so it's something like mystery ale. Then there is the
image of the girl that does have her hair up like Pebbles and three
word bubbles around the girl. All of the other flavors are easy to
read but not this one.

Obveeus

Oct 23, 2017, 2:38:08 PM10/23/17
This website says: Margarita Mix':
https://imgur.com/gallery/35iCd

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 23, 2017, 2:45:22 PM10/23/17
Then pick it up with a spoon, take it out of the spoon, and follow
instructions given. You are a moron. Lots of food dishes have things
in them that require additional handling using one's own fingers as
utensils, but I suppose you are one of those disgusting individuals who
refuses to wash his hands immediately before eating.

>>. . .

anim8rfsk

Oct 23, 2017, 3:05:29 PM10/23/17
In article <spcsuc1v7lr312i2i...@4ax.com>,
Dark Web to the rescue!
DL'd a 1080 and ran it double size on the Retina.
The last flavor is "Margarita Mix"
The red headed girl is holding what looks to be a martini glass which
may contain martini or margarita or shrimp itself - it's probably shrimp
floating on top of a margarita. There are several other text blurbs
around her but the main title is all I can read. Her pony tail looks
like a man bun. :D

anim8rfsk

Oct 23, 2017, 3:09:31 PM10/23/17
In article <anim8rfsk-6BD4C...@news.easynews.com>,
BTW, that sounds really good.

A Friend

Oct 23, 2017, 4:16:54 PM10/23/17
In article <anim8rfsk-6BD4C...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Dark Web to the rescue!
> DL'd a 1080 and ran it double size on the Retina.
> The last flavor is "Margarita Mix"
> The red headed girl is holding what looks to be a martini glass which
> may contain martini or margarita or shrimp itself - it's probably shrimp
> floating on top of a margarita. There are several other text blurbs
> around her but the main title is all I can read. Her pony tail looks
> like a man bun. :D

My peeled and de-veined thanks to you and Obv for working on this. Now
we know!

David Barnett

Oct 24, 2017, 4:45:38 PM10/24/17
In article <osjvlh$3gm$1...@dont-email.me>, a...@chinet.com says...

> Michael tortures Chidi by animating ethical dilemnas and forcing Chidi
> to play them out in the guise of teaching ethics to Michael. I laughed
> the whole way through.

So did I & I posted this previously.

--
David Barnett

A Friend

Oct 26, 2017, 10:56:26 PM10/26/17
In article <anim8rfsk-6BD4C...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

But wait -- there's more!

My wife found a pic at previously.tv that revealed a really neat Easter
egg. Eleanor has just bought, and is carrying, a bottle of that same
brand of margarita mix when she's killed. Here's the shot of it on the
store shelf:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7h2d19zegzp7jtf/mmix.jpg?dl=0

Michael also mentions "Lonely Gal" to Eleanor during her initial
interview.

Obveeus

Oct 26, 2017, 11:19:55 PM10/26/17
Neat catch. I wonder if the prop / art guys got paid a second time for
creating the logo.

anim8rfsk

Oct 27, 2017, 12:48:39 AM10/27/17
In article <osu8kp$ppc$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Cool! So it's:

LONELY GAL
MARGARITA MIX
FOR ONE

Can't make out any more than that

But Google searching, I only get as far as "lonely gal ma" when it auto
fills the rest. Others clearly have been finding this stuff.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/88e40faa-9d95-431e-8b48-68e44aa1fa78

No better images unfortunately, but it brings up a *lot* of hits for
SUPERSTORE which makes me wonder if they might sell it there too ...