Today's premieres (Monday, Feb. 6)

Robin Miller

Feb 6, 2017, 12:01:14 PM2/6/17

PAW Patrol (season 4) (9:30 am, Nickelodeon)

Nella the Princess Knight [new] (10 am, Nick Jr.)

http://www.nickjr.com/nella-the-princess-knight/

http://people.com/tv/meet-nickelodeons-surprisingly-badass-new-princess-this-is-representative-of-what-our-country-actually-does-look-like/

24: Legacy (timeslot premiere) (8 pm, Fox)

Superior Donuts (timeslot premiere) (9 pm, CBS)

2 Broke Girls (new time) (9:30 pm, CBS)

APB [new] (9 pm, Fox)

Police work isn’t rocket science. It’s harder. Inspired by true events,
APB is a new police drama with a high-tech twist from executive
producer/director Len Wiseman (LUCIFER, “Underworld”) and executive
producer/writer Matt Nix (“Burn Notice”). Sky-high crime,
officer-involved shootings, cover-ups and corruption: the over-extended
and under-funded Chicago Police Department is spiraling out of control.
Enter billionaire engineer GIDEON REEVES (Justin Kirk, “Tyrant,”
“Weeds”). After his best friend is murdered in a botched attempted
robbery, and the killer remains at large, Gideon demands justice.
Putting up millions of dollars of his own money, he makes an
unprecedented deal to take over the troubled 13th District ­ and reboot
it as a private police force: better, faster and smarter than anything
seen before. With cutting-edge technology created by Gideon himself,
this eccentric yet brilliant outsider challenges the city’s police force
to rethink everything about the way they fight crime. But the
near-overnight transition to the city’s most advanced police district
doesn’t sit well with all of its members. Gideon knows if he’s going to
change anything, he needs an ally, whom he finds in OFFICER THERESA
MURPHY (Natalie Martinez, “Kingdom,” “Under the Dome”), an ambitious,
street-smart cop who is ready to embrace Gideon’s technological changes.
With the help of Gideon’s gifted tech officer, ADA HAMILTON (Caitlin
Stasey “Reign”), he and Murphy embark on a mission to turn the 13th
District ­ including a skeptical SGT. NED CONRAD (Ernie Hudson, “Grace
and Frankie,” “Ghostbusters”), and determined OFFICERS NICHOLAS BRANDT
(Taylor Handley “Vegas, ” “Southland”) and TASHA GOSS (Tamberla Perry
“Boss”) ­ into a dedicated crime-fighting force of the 21st century.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5542294/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB_(TV_series)

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/apb [Metacritic score 44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtJMI1yGc2o

http://www.fox.com/apb

Gender Revolution: A Journey With Katie Couric (documentary)
(9-11 pm, Nat Geo)

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/gender-revolution-a-journey-with-katie-couric/

Solitary: Inside Red Onion State Prison (documentary)
(10-11:30 pm, HBO)

An unflinching exploration of the lives of inmates and corrections
officers in one of America's most notorious "supermax" prisons, built to
hold inmates in 8'x10' cells 23 hours a day, for months, years and
sometimes decades. With unprecedented access, the film paints a complex,
unexpected and deeply moving portrait of life inside a world rarely seen.

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/solitary-inside-red-onion-state-prison

INDEPENDENT LENS: Birth of a Movement (documentary) (10 pm, PBS)

Learn how D.W. Griffith's 1915 film The Birth of a Nation unleashed a
battle still being waged today over race relations and representation,
and the power and influence of Hollywood. Featuring Spike Lee, Reginald
Hudlin, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and others.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/birth-of-a-movement/

Suddenly Rich [new] (10 pm, TLC)

Trip Testers [new] (11 and 11:30 pm, two episodes, Travel
Channel)

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/trip-testers

--Robin

Obveeus

Feb 6, 2017, 1:00:08 PM2/6/17

On 2/6/2017 12:01 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> APB [new] (9 pm, Fox)
>
> Police work isn’t rocket science. It’s harder. Inspired by true events,
> APB is a new police drama with a high-tech twist from executive
> producer/director Len Wiseman (LUCIFER, “Underworld”) and executive
> producer/writer Matt Nix (“Burn Notice”).

I will sample this, but seriously...'inspired by true events'?

anim8rfsk

Feb 6, 2017, 1:10:34 PM2/6/17
In article <efroen...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> PAW Patrol (season 4) (9:30 am, Nickelodeon)
>

> Nella the Princess Knight [new] (10 am, Nick Jr.)
>
> http://www.nickjr.com/nella-the-princess-knight/
>
> http://people.com/tv/meet-nickelodeons-surprisingly-badass-new-princess-this-i
> s-representative-of-what-our-country-actually-does-look-like/
>

> 24: Legacy (timeslot premiere) (8 pm, Fox)
>

> Superior Donuts (timeslot premiere) (9 pm, CBS)
>

> 2 Broke Girls (new time) (9:30 pm, CBS)
>

> APB [new] (9 pm, Fox)
>
> Police work isn� rocket science. It� harder. Inspired by true events,
> APB is a new police drama with a high-tech twist from executive
> producer/director Len Wiseman (LUCIFER, �nderworld�) and executive
> producer/writer Matt Nix (�urn Notice�). Sky-high crime,
> officer-involved shootings, cover-ups and corruption: the over-extended
> and under-funded Chicago Police Department is spiraling out of control.
> Enter billionaire engineer GIDEON REEVES (Justin Kirk, �yrant,�
> �eeds�). After his best friend is murdered in a botched attempted
Nuttin?> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

anim8rfsk

Feb 6, 2017, 1:44:20 PM2/6/17
In article <o7adfr$5j2$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Same as SCORPION.

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 6, 2017, 2:08:51 PM2/6/17
I'm sampling this. Whenever I get around to watching my recording. My
DVR has been busy lately.

--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey.
Winter 2016 survey began Dec 01 and will end Feb 28

Obveeus

Feb 6, 2017, 2:17:01 PM2/6/17

On 2/6/2017 1:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <o7adfr$5j2$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/6/2017 12:01 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>> APB [new] (9 pm, Fox)
>>>
>>> Police work isn’t rocket science. It’s harder. Inspired by true events,
>>> APB is a new police drama with a high-tech twist from executive
>>> producer/director Len Wiseman (LUCIFER, “Underworld†) and executive
>>> producer/writer Matt Nix (“Burn Notice†).
>>
>> I will sample this, but seriously...'inspired by true events'?
>
> Same as SCORPION.

That sounds about right.

A Friend

Feb 6, 2017, 2:22:40 PM2/6/17
In article <anim8rfsk-18FA6...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <o7adfr$5j2$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2/6/2017 12:01 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> > > APB [new] (9 pm, Fox)
> > >
> > > Police work isnąt rocket science. Itąs harder. Inspired by true events,
> > > APB is a new police drama with a high-tech twist from executive
> > > producer/director Len Wiseman (LUCIFER, łUnderworld˛) and executive
> > > producer/writer Matt Nix (łBurn Notice˛).
> >
> > I will sample this, but seriously...'inspired by true events'?
>
> Same as SCORPION.

Or DRAGNET. That was a crapfest, too.

Ian J. Ball

Feb 6, 2017, 2:23:16 PM2/6/17
On 2017-02-06 18:10:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <efroen...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Nella the Princess Knight [new] (10 am, Nick Jr.)

Uh....
> Nuttin?> --Robin

"APB", brah!!

;)

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 6, 2017, 3:24:41 PM2/6/17
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

No more "other notes"? Sniff

>PAW Patrol (season 4) (9:30 am, Nickelodeon)

Hah! You do like computer-animated puppies.
I hope Ian appreciates this.

>APB [new] (9 pm, Fox)

I expect this will make me miss Gotham and Lucifer, sigh, and
piss me off since they'll get everything wrong about Chicago.

I much prefer television getting everything wrong about New York.

anim8rfsk

Feb 6, 2017, 4:25:23 PM2/6/17
In article <o7aibo$nbp$3...@dont-email.me>,
I'd rather watch COUNTERSTRIKE.

shawn

Feb 6, 2017, 5:41:44 PM2/6/17
Sure.. ROBOCOP was a real movie and it was based on a similar idea. So
if this show was based off that idea then it's based off real life.
Hunter style wanking.

Obveeus

Feb 6, 2017, 8:43:51 PM2/6/17
Hunter always did have a way of convoluting real life and TV.

Obveeus

Feb 6, 2017, 10:31:45 PM2/6/17
In the spirit of Hunter, I tracked down the 'reality' that this APB show
is based upon:
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/magazine/who-runs-the-streets-of-new-orleans.html

Oh my is this a sad reality compared to what is portrayed by APB.

Ubiquitous

Feb 7, 2017, 10:46:48 AM2/7/17
In article <anim8rfsk-D6D0B...@news.easynews.com>, anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2017-02-06 18:10:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
Wow, that's an obscure old show!

--
The Berkeley riot fires caused groundhog Punxsutawney Phil to see his
own shadow, thus predicting another 6 weeks of stupidity.

anim8rfsk

Feb 7, 2017, 11:14:02 AM2/7/17
In article <o7cq1r$hdc$4...@dont-email.me>,
Which I recall as being pretty good, but nobody ever reruns.

Ian J. Ball

Feb 7, 2017, 12:27:34 PM2/7/17
On 2017-02-07 16:13:57 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <o7cq1r$hdc$4...@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <anim8rfsk-D6D0B...@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> I'd rather watch COUNTERSTRIKE.
>>
>> Wow, that's an obscure old show!
>
> Which I recall as being pretty good, but nobody ever reruns.

Are we talking about the 1969 Brit series, or the 1990 Canadian one?...

anim8rfsk

Feb 7, 2017, 12:29:28 PM2/7/17
In article <o7cvun$j0h$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2017-02-07 16:13:57 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > In article <o7cq1r$hdc$4...@dont-email.me>,
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Wow, that's an obscure old show!
> >
> > Which I recall as being pretty good, but nobody ever reruns.
>
> Are we talking about the 1969 Brit series, or the 1990 Canadian one?...

The one with Manimal.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 7, 2017, 1:37:15 PM2/7/17
I wondered what happened to Simon MacCorkindale. Looking it up, I see
he died of cancer a number of years ago.

Wasn't it partly filmed in France, or was it entirely Canadian locations?

I don't remember anything about it, oh well. I guess it was on USA during
that period when most of their shows were entertaining.

anim8rfsk

Feb 7, 2017, 2:58:32 PM2/7/17
In article <o7d41e$tq4$1...@dont-email.me>,
IMDb says:
Filming Locations
Showing all 2 filming locations
Paris, France
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 7, 2017, 3:42:47 PM2/7/17
I couldn't get IMDb to cooperate; it was having an Ian hair day. Thanks.

Yeah, I thought I'd recalled something about filming in France, but
not much else.

Ubiquitous

Feb 7, 2017, 6:28:21 PM2/7/17
In article <o7cvun$j0h$1...@dont-email.me>, IJB...@mac.invalid wrote:
>On 2017-02-07 16:13:57 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Wow, that's an obscure old show!
>>
>> Which I recall as being pretty good, but nobody ever reruns.
>
>Are we talking about the 1969 Brit series, or the 1990 Canadian one?...

The one that aired on USA Network in the 1990's.