Tomi Lahren on Facebook Breach: 'Tech-Addicted' Population Invites 'Big Brother' Into Their Lives

Sara Jacobs Is A Communist Prostitute

Apr 30, 2018, 10:10:56 PM4/30/18
It’s time for Final Thoughts … on all this Facebook talk.

It's true, folks: Our privacy and data are compromised on the
interwebs.

Yeah, not a shocker. In fact, I’m shocked some of you think we
still have privacy online. Here’s a friendly reminder - we don’t.

This Cambridge Analytica data breach is partly Facebook’s fault.
And I’m the last person to stick up for the teflon-coated hoodie
that is Mark Zuckerberg.

But ... let’s be honest. We practically invite Facebook,
Twitter, Google, Apple and the rest of ‘em into our personal and
private lives - every time we log on.

Behold: the device that is practically an appendage at this
point: The almighty smart phone.

George Orwell warned us almost 70 years ago, when he published
"1984." But we didn’t listen. We probably never will. Big
Brother doesn’t have to hack to get our fingerprints, passwords,
or even retina scans. We do it for him - happily.

We can cry over this latest Facebook breach and demand more
privacy. But come on - we’ve become too lazy, anti-human, and
tech-addicted to truly care.

Think I’m kidding? What’s the first thing you do in a waiting
room … a red light … any time you have a free moment? You check
your phone. You check your likes, your views, your comments. You
creep on your kids, your exes, people from high school.

Hey, I’m right there with ‘ya. And it’s sad.

No wonder the American family is breaking down. No wonder
mentally unstable kids are falling through the cracks. It’s hard
to notice the world in front of us when all we do is look down
at a dang screen.

Did you know research shows young people spend about five hours
a day looking at phones?

We drive with them, we sleep with them, we eat with them. We
would probably shower with our phones if the water didn’t
destroy them.

Heck, we even date with our phones. It’s gonna be interesting
telling our grandkids we met their grandpa “in the DMs.”

You really wanna punish your kids? Give them an old school flip
phone for a week. The fight for survival would look like a scene
from "Hunger Games."

This isn’t just a millennial problem. Huh-uh. Everyone knows the
50-plus crowd has taken over Facebook. And they’ll do the same
with Instagram.

The least of our worries should be data mining. We’ve lost real
relationship and communication skills. Instead, we convey our
emotions with crappy emojis and gifs.

So yeah, we'll call Zuckerberg and friends on the carpet for a
day, or maybe a week. Then what? We'll log back on and watch our
cat videos - just like before.

Look, social media isn't all bad. Heck, social media is what got
me here. Perhaps we can find a happy medium? Maybe type a little
less - and talk a little more?

We’ve started to love technology and use people - when it should
be the other way around.

Those are My Final Thoughts. From LA, God Bless and Take Care.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/23/tomi-lahren-final-thoughts-
facebook-cambridge-analytica-data-breach-online-privacy

BTR1701

May 1, 2018, 11:27:15 AM5/1/18
In article <1e032497c5e52f34...@dizum.com>,
<communi...@womenvoteproject.org> wrote:

> We can cry over this latest Facebook breach and demand more
> privacy. But come on - we've become too lazy, anti-human, and
> tech-addicted to truly care.
>
> Think I'm kidding? What's the first thing you do in a waiting
> room, a red light, any time you have a free moment? You check
> your phone.

> The least of our worries should be data mining. We've lost real
> relationship and communication skills. Instead, we convey our
> emotions with crappy emojis and gifs.

Every time I go to the movies, while I wait for the flick to start, I
sit and watch with sad amusement as people around me file in, take their
seats, and immediately and reflexively pull out their phones and start
scrolling and tapping, utterly oblivious to the people they came to the
movie with. Guys and girls, obviously out on a date together, have zero
interaction with each other. Both of them have their faces buried in
glowing screens. There are times when my girlfriend and myself are the
only two people in the room *not* in thrall to a smartphone.

The real problem, of course, are the people who are so addicted that
they can't turn the damn things off even after the movie starts. The
theater staff had to remove someone from my AVENGERS screening because
he absolutely would not (probably could not) stop himself from lighting
the damn thing up every 30 seconds, even after multiple complaints.

anim8rfsk

May 1, 2018, 11:42:17 AM5/1/18
In article <atropos-7C918E...@news.giganews.com>,
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <1e032497c5e52f34...@dizum.com>,
> "Sara Jacobs Is A Communist Prostitute"
> <communi...@womenvoteproject.org> wrote:
>
> > We can cry over this latest Facebook breach and demand more
> > privacy. But come on - we've become too lazy, anti-human, and
> > tech-addicted to truly care.
> >
> > Think I'm kidding? What's the first thing you do in a waiting
> > room, a red light, any time you have a free moment? You check
> > your phone.
>
> > The least of our worries should be data mining. We've lost real
> > relationship and communication skills. Instead, we convey our
> > emotions with crappy emojis and gifs.
>
> Every time I go to the movies, while I wait for the flick to start, I
> sit and watch with sad amusement as people around me file in, take their
> seats, and immediately and reflexively pull out their phones and start
> scrolling and tapping, utterly oblivious to the people they came to the
> movie with. Guys and girls, obviously out on a date together, have zero
> interaction with each other.

How do you know they aren't texting each other?

No, seriously. I've seen that done.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

BTR1701

May 1, 2018, 11:59:17 AM5/1/18
In article <anim8rfsk-CA544...@news.easynews.com>,
I suppose I don't, but that would be even more sad. If I was out with a
cute girl, I'd want to enjoy her cuteness, not my phone's screen.

anim8rfsk

May 1, 2018, 12:28:03 PM5/1/18
In article <atropos-1CB5E4...@news.giganews.com>,
Maybe they're facetiming?

Jim G.

May 1, 2018, 12:42:37 PM5/1/18
anim8rfsk sent the following on 05/01/2018 at 10:42 AM:
MAY I PLACE MY HAND ON YOUR KNEE?
:)
MAY I MOVE MY HAND UP YOUR LEG?
:)
MAY I REST MY HAND BETWEEN--I'LL TAKE THAT AS A NO. MAY I HAVE MY HAND BACK?

"Oh, my god. That's tragic. It's like a Hallmark movie. But with
tentacles." -- Dean Winchester, SUPERNATURAL

Jim G.

May 1, 2018, 12:48:10 PM5/1/18
BTR1701 sent the following on 05/01/2018 at 10:29 AM:
> In article <1e032497c5e52f34...@dizum.com>,
> "Sara Jacobs Is A Communist Prostitute"
> <communi...@womenvoteproject.org> wrote:
>
>> We can cry over this latest Facebook breach and demand more
>> privacy. But come on - we've become too lazy, anti-human, and
>> tech-addicted to truly care.
>>
>> Think I'm kidding? What's the first thing you do in a waiting
>> room, a red light, any time you have a free moment? You check
>> your phone.
>
>> The least of our worries should be data mining. We've lost real
>> relationship and communication skills. Instead, we convey our
>> emotions with crappy emojis and gifs.
>
> Every time I go to the movies, while I wait for the flick to start, I
> sit and watch with sad amusement as people around me file in, take their
> seats, and immediately and reflexively pull out their phones and start
> scrolling and tapping, utterly oblivious to the people they came to the
> movie with.

And when you turn to comment on it to your girlfriend, you realize that
she has relocated to a better row because someone tall had sat down
right in front of her five minutes ago. :)

BTR1701

May 1, 2018, 2:23:09 PM5/1/18
Jim G. <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> BTR1701 sent the following on 05/01/2018 at 10:29 AM:
>> In article <1e032497c5e52f34...@dizum.com>,
>> "Sara Jacobs Is A Communist Prostitute"
>> <communi...@womenvoteproject.org> wrote:
>>
>>> We can cry over this latest Facebook breach and demand more
>>> privacy. But come on - we've become too lazy, anti-human, and
>>> tech-addicted to truly care.
>>>
>>> Think I'm kidding? What's the first thing you do in a waiting
>>> room, a red light, any time you have a free moment? You check
>>> your phone.
>>
>>> The least of our worries should be data mining. We've lost real
>>> relationship and communication skills. Instead, we convey our
>>> emotions with crappy emojis and gifs.
>>
>> Every time I go to the movies, while I wait for the flick to start, I
>> sit and watch with sad amusement as people around me file in, take their
>> seats, and immediately and reflexively pull out their phones and start
>> scrolling and tapping, utterly oblivious to the people they came to the
>> movie with.
>
> And when you turn to comment on it to your girlfriend, you realize that
> she has relocated to a better row because someone tall had sat down
> right in front of her five minutes ago. :)

No, our theater has assigned seats, so I have her trapped.

anim8rfsk

May 1, 2018, 2:31:21 PM5/1/18
In article <pca5dq$159$1...@dont-email.me>,
hee hee

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME OF MY POPCORN?

Jim G.

May 2, 2018, 1:16:52 AM5/2/18
anim8rfsk sent the following on 05/01/2018 at 01:31 PM:
Heh. And now I'm thinking of Justin Timberlake and SNL. Or something
along those lines.

trotsky

May 2, 2018, 6:56:56 AM5/2/18
On 5/1/18 10:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <1e032497c5e52f34...@dizum.com>,
> "Sara Jacobs Is A Communist Prostitute"
> <communi...@womenvoteproject.org> wrote:
>
>> We can cry over this latest Facebook breach and demand more
>> privacy. But come on - we've become too lazy, anti-human, and
>> tech-addicted to truly care.
>>
>> Think I'm kidding? What's the first thing you do in a waiting
>> room, a red light, any time you have a free moment? You check
>> your phone.
>
>> The least of our worries should be data mining. We've lost real
>> relationship and communication skills. Instead, we convey our
>> emotions with crappy emojis and gifs.
>
> Every time I go to the movies, while I wait for the flick to start, I
> sit and watch with sad amusement as people around me file in, take their
> seats, and immediately and reflexively pull out their phones and start
> scrolling and tapping, utterly oblivious to the people they came to the
> movie with. Guys and girls, obviously out on a date together, have zero
> interaction with each other. Both of them have their faces buried in
> glowing screens. There are times when my girlfriend and myself are the
> only two people in the room *not* in thrall to a smartphone.

thrall
THrôl/
nounliterary
noun: thrall

the state of being in someone's power or having great power over
someone.
"she was in thrall to her abusive husband"
synonyms: power, clutches, hands, control, grip, yoke, tyranny
"he held us in his evil thrall"

You can be in thrall to a person, and you can also be enthralled with a
smart phone. See, language is fun!

> The real problem, of course, are the people who are so addicted that
> they can't turn the damn things off even after the movie starts. The
> theater staff had to remove someone from my AVENGERS screening because
> he absolutely would not (probably could not) stop himself from lighting
> the damn thing up every 30 seconds, even after multiple complaints.

Yeah, that's weird. I used to go to concerts in the 70s and was
irritated by the massive amounts of pot smoke in the air, and now it's
legal where you live. The moral of the story: you're just another loser
that's behind the curve. You need a lawn so you can complain about
people needing to get off of it.

trotsky

May 2, 2018, 6:59:48 AM5/2/18
Weird, I would think people conversing silently in the movie theater
would be lauded. Perhaps you need to rethink the bullshit you're spouting.

shawn

May 2, 2018, 10:36:05 AM5/2/18
If they've got their phone out and it's in my eyeline then there's
nothing to be lauded since that glare will be just one more
distraction.

Ed Stasiak

May 2, 2018, 11:53:58 AM5/2/18
> Sara Jacobs Is A Communist Prostitute
>
> Think I’m kidding? What’s the first thing you do in a waiting
> room … a red light … any time you have a free moment? You check
> your phone. You check your likes, your views, your comments. You
> creep on your kids, your exes, people from high school.

I’m one of the few Luddites who still has a flip-phone and while
I wouldn’t mind having a cool smartphone, I don’t want to drop the
money on it as this one still works.

> Did you know research shows young people spend about five hours
> a day looking at phones?

This is especially bad with girls. My buddy’s daughters seem to have
their noses stuck to their phones 24/7 and they’ve turned him into an
addict also, constantly pulling out the phone to check it and answering
a text right in the middle of a conversation you’re having with him.

> This isn’t just a millennial problem. Huh-uh. Everyone knows the
> 50-plus crowd has taken over Facebook. And they’ll do the same
> with Instagram.

True, my buddy above got divorced in part because his ex would
spend near every waking moment on Facebook.

anim8rfsk

May 2, 2018, 1:32:29 PM5/2/18
In article <pcbhk2$761$3...@dont-email.me>,
Last week's FAMILY GUY where Peter did the popcorn trick on himself
'cause he didn't have a date for the movie.

So Pee Wee Herman ...

mog...@hotmail.com

May 2, 2018, 2:07:08 PM5/2/18
I've noticed that in crowded areas now, there is a LOT of drug residue smell. Not just pot. Its SiCkEnInG !!!

Jim G.

May 2, 2018, 2:57:13 PM5/2/18
Ed Stasiak sent the following on 05/02/2018 at 10:53 AM:
> I’m one of the few Luddites who still has a flip-phone and while
> I wouldn’t mind having a cool smartphone, I don’t want to drop the
> money on it as this one still works.

FWIW, I use a perfectly good Samsung no-contract smartphone. The phone
itself was $79 when I upgraded within the past six months or so (several
critical-to-me apps would no longer work on the older phone's older OS,
so I stripped down the older phone and it's now my car's dedicated GPS
via Google Maps and Sygic) and I buy two months' of minutes/data at a
time for $25 at a pop, or $12.50 per month. And I'm not anywhere near
burning through all of the minutes or data since I use Skype or Duo or
Hangouts as much as possible and only turn on mobile data when
absolutely necessary. I plan to stick with this phone until the OS once
again becomes obsolete for my critical apps. At which point *it* will
become my stripped-down car GPS when it gets replaced by another Samsung
smartphone.

Jim G.

May 2, 2018, 3:00:19 PM5/2/18
anim8rfsk sent the following on 05/02/2018 at 12:32 PM:
That's just wrong.

> So Pee Wee Herman ...

Yep.

Ubiquitous

May 2, 2018, 3:29:19 PM5/2/18
jimg...@geemail.com.invalid wrote:
>anim8rfsk sent the following on 05/02/2018 at 12:32 PM:
>> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 05/01/2018 at 01:31 PM:

>>> Heh. And now I'm thinking of Justin Timberlake and SNL. Or something
>>> along those lines.
>>
>> Last week's FAMILY GUY where Peter did the popcorn trick on himself
>> 'cause he didn't have a date for the movie.
>
>That's just wrong.

What's really wrong is that he couldn't find it.