Syfy sets Summer premiere dates

David

May 15, 2012, 2:30:12โ€ฏPM5/15/12
http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/05/15/syfy-summer-2012-features-record-number-of-primetime-original-programming-hours-212211

SYFY SUMMER 2012 FEATURES RECORD NUMBER OF PRIMETIME ORIGINAL
PROGRAMMING HOURS

ALL-NEW SEASONS OF WAREHOUSE 13, ALPHAS, FACE OFF, DESTINATION TRUTH
AND HAUNTED COLLECTOR

PREMIERES OF UNSCRIPTED SERIES SCHOOL SPIRITS, PARANORMAL HIGHWAY AND
INSANE OR INSPIRED?

NEW SYFY SATURDAY ORIGINAL MOVIES JERSEY SHORE SHARK ATTACK AND
BIGFOOT

NEW YORK - May 15, 2012 - Featuring a record number of primetime
original programming hours, Syfy's hot Summer 2012 will be highlighted
by the premiere of the new unscripted series School Sprits (from
executive producer Mark Burnett), Insane or Inspired? and Paranormal
Highway (working title) starring Jack Osbourne; new seasons of hits
Warehouse 13, Face Off, Alphas, Destination Truth and Haunted
Collector, along with the eagerly anticipated Saturday Original Movies
Jersey Shore Shark Attack and Bigfoot, plus the series finale of the
beloved Eureka.

Syfy will also present a Memorial Day weekend movie festival
highlighted by the premiere of Super Shark on May 26th, followed by
the semi-annual Twilight Zone marathon on July 4th.

Lost Girl will move to Fridays at 10PM beginning Friday, July 20.

Highlights of Syfy's 2012 Summer Programming Schedule (All Times
ET/PT)

MAY

INSANE OR INSPIRED? (NEW ORIGINAL SERIES)

Premieres Friday, May 25 at 10PM

This new series features the most exciting videos from the Internet
that celebrate the world of imagination, invention, and extreme
experiences. Actors Amber Benson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Samm
Levine (Freaks & Geeks), Brooke Hogan, Ralph Garman, as well as
television personality Josh Gates, host of Syfy's Destination Truth,
join comedians Ben Gleib, Owen Benjamin, Jodi Miller, Elliot Chang,
Jermaine Fowler, Adam Ray, Christiana Pazistky, KT Tatara and Janet
Varney to provide their unique commentary on each of the clips. The
result is a fast-paced hour-long countdown of hilarious viral videos.
Insane or Inspired? is produced by Comcast Studios with Jay James,
Betsy Rott, and Sean Olsen serving as executive producers.

JUNE

HAUNTED COLLECTOR (SEASON 2 PREMIERE)

Premieres Wednesday, June 6 at 9PM

Haunted Collector features eminent paranormal collector John Zaffis,
who searches for objects that have become home to paranormal spirits
and/or energy. Each week Zaffis and his family help someone who's
terrorized by something strange in their own home, using the latest
technology to identify the source of the paranormal activity. On the
season 2 premiere of Haunted Collector, the team heads to Warsaw,
Kentucky, where a woman's home is suffering hauntings, possibly from
two steamboats which crashed in a fiery collision, killing more than
60 people in 1868. Next, they travel to Huron, Ohio, in a race against
the clock to remove the dangerous energy from an abandoned silo,
scheduled to be destroyed in 48 hours. Haunted Collector is produced
by Gurney Productions. Executive producers are Scott Gurney and
Deirdre Gurney.

SCHOOL SPIRITS (NEW ORIGINAL SERIES)

Premieres Wednesday, June 20 at 10PM

From executive producer Mark Burnett, School Spirits travels to
schools and universities all across the country to recount the true
ghost stories experienced on these academic campuses. The stories will
be told in first person narratives through the testimonials of real
students, teachers, parents and staff that have encountered the
paranormal activity, blended with bone-chilling cinematic reenactments
to further bring the haunting experiences to life. Executive
producers: Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Voice) and Seth Jarrett & Julie
Insogna Jarrett (Celebrity Ghost Stories).

SATURDAY ORIGINAL MOVIES (ALL-NEW MOVIES)

ยท Jersey Shore Shark Attack - Saturday, June 9 at 9PM - Led by an
all-star cast of Tony Sirico (The Sopranos), Paul Sorvino
(Goodfellas), Jack Scalia (Dallas), Joey Fatone ('N Sync), William
Atherton (Die Hard) and Vinny Guadagnino (Jersey Shore) the movie
unfolds during the July Fourth weekend at the Jersey Shore, where
angry sharks are on a rampage, devouring residents, leaving it to the
local Guidos to save the day. The movie also stars Jeremy Luke as The
Complication, Melissa Molinaro as Nooki, Joey Russo as Donnie, Daniel
Booko as Balzac, Audi Resendez as B.J., and Alex Mauriello as J-Moni.
Jersey Shore Shark Attack is a production of Hybrid Entertainment. The
director is John Shepphird. Jeffrey Schenck, Barry Barnholtz and Peter
Sullivan are the producers.

ยท Piranhaconda - Saturday, June 16 at 9PM - Part fish! Part snake! All
killer! In B-movie icon Roger Corman's latest, a hybrid creature -
half piranha and half anaconda -- attacks a movie crew on location
near her nest when her egg is stolen. Now they must outrun and kill
the deadly piranhaconda as well as stop the mad scientist who stole
the egg - before they all become dinner. Stars Michael Madsen
(Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill: I & II) and Rachel Hunter (The
Benchwarmers). Piranhaconda is a production of New Horizons, directed
by Jim Wynorski.

ยท Arachnoquake - Saturday, June 23 at 9PM - In Arachnoquake, starring
Tracey Gold (Growing Pains), massive earthquakes unleash giant albino
spiders. Freed from their ancient subterranean prison, the spiders go
on a murderous rampage through New Orleans. Joining Gold will be Bug
Hall (The Little Rascals), Ethan Phillips (Star Trek: Voyager) and
Edward Furlong (Terminator 2: Judgment Day). The movie is a production
of Active Entertainment. Arachnoquake is directed by Griff Furst.

ยท Bigfoot - Saturday, June 30 at 9PM - Television legends Danny
Bonaduce (The Partridge Family) and Barry Williams (The Brady Bunch)
star as life-long rivals battling over Bigfoot. Howard Hesseman (Head
of the Class), Sherilyn Fenn (Twin Peaks), Andre Royo (The Wire) and
Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Alice Cooper (School's Out) co-star in the
movie, which is directed by Oscar and Emmy nominee Bruce Davison
(X-Men). Bigfoot is a production of The Asylum.

JULY

DESTINATION TRUTH (SEASON 5 PREMIERE)

Premieres Tuesday, July 10 at 8PM

Season 5 opens with two special back-to-back episodes, as Josh Gates
and his team lead viewers on a chase into one of the world's biggest
caves in the jungles of Vietnam to search for Bigfoot. Then, at the
overwhelming request of fans, they'll travel to Romania for a return
visit to the haunted Hoia Bachu Forest, the site of their most
terrifying investigation to date, and then explore the reportedly
haunted Mayan ruins of Tikal in pursuit of a monster known as the
Belize Goblin. They'll also lead viewers into a remote Transylvanian
village on a hunt for vampires and journey to Kazakhstan (a
Destination Truth first) to search for the legendary Kazakh monster.
Destination Truth is executive produced by Brad Kuhlman for Ping Pong
Productions (1000 Places to See Before You Die, Celebrity Rehab, FM
Nation). Josh Gates and Erin Ryder serve as co-executive producers.

PARANORMAL HIGHWAY (NEW ORIGINAL SERIES)

Premieres Tuesday, July 10 at 10PM

Paranormal Highway puts the pedal to the metal as Jack Osbourne and
his friend Dana Workman do their own first-person investigations of
the most frightening claims of paranormal activity along America's
remote back roads. Fueled by eyewitness interviews and evidence
collected by Jack's state-of-the-art equipment, he and Dana will
travel alone, self-documenting their harrowing face-to-face encounters
with the paranormal. Production company: BASE Productions. Executive
producers: John Brenkus, Mickey Stern, Ron Ziskin.

EUREKA (SERIES FINALE)

Airs Monday, July 16 at 9PM

After five seasons, Syfy's long-running original series comes to an
end and the remarkable residents of Eureka say their goodbyes. During
the thrilling final season, the town is reeling after the Astraeus and
her crew mysteriously vanished just before their planned launch to
Titan. As the town copes with the shocking personal changes caused by
the Astraeus ordeal, they continue to uncover the truth about the
forces behind the crew's bizarre disappearance -- with shocking
results. Eureka stars Colin Ferguson (Sheriff Jack Carter) Salli
Richardson-Whitfield (Allison Blake), Joe Morton (Henry Deacon), Erica
Cerra (Jo Lupo), Neil Grayston (Douglas Fargo) and Niall Matter (Zane
Donovan). Co-creator Jaime Paglia and Bruce Miller are executive
producers. The series is produced and distributed by Universal Cable
Productions.

WAREHOUSE 13 (SEASON 4 PREMIERE)

Premieres Monday, July 23 at 9PM

Season 4 kicks off with the Warehouse Team still reeling from the
shocking events of the climactic season three finale - the loss of
Agent Steve Jinks (Aaron Ashmore), Mrs. Frederic (CCH Pounder), H.G.
Wells (Jaime Murray) and the destruction of the Warehouse itself.
Their only hope lies in racing to the other side of the Earth to hunt
down an obscure artifact, which may or may not even exist - and if it
does exist, what consequences will they face for using it? The most
successful series in Syfy history, Warehouse 13 follows a team of
government agents who work at a massive, top-secret storage facility
in windswept South Dakota which houses every strange artifact,
mysterious relic, fantastical object and preternatural souvenir ever
collected by the U.S. government. The Warehouse's caretaker Artie
Nielsen (Saul Rubinek) charges Pete Lattimer (Eddie McClintock), Myka
Bering (Joanne Kelly) and Claudia Donovan (Allison Scagliotti) with
chasing down reports of supernatural and paranormal activity in search
of new objects to cache at the Warehouse, as well as helping him to
control the Warehouse itself. Sam Huntington (Being Human) will be
among the star-studded array of season 4 guest stars. Warehouse 13 is
produced for Syfy by Universal Cable Productions. Jack Kenny (The Book
of Daniel) is executive producer and showrunner.

ALPHAS (SEASON 2 PREMIERE)

Premieres Monday, July 23 at 10PM

In Syfy's action-packed hit drama series, an unlikely team of ordinary
people with superhuman physical and mental abilities - known as Alphas
- takes on mysterious cases the CIA, FBI and Pentagon are unable to
solve and go head-to-head with criminal Alphas.

Season 2 picks up eight months after last year's finale with the stage
set for an explosive turn of events at the Binghamton facility (the
Guantanamo of the Alpha world) that could have devastating,
far-reaching consequences. Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and
Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn), having exposed the existence
of Alphas to the unsuspecting public, finds himself discredited and
imprisoned by a government desperate to cover up his revelation. The
rest of the core team has disbanded and some, without Rosen's guidance
and care, have regressed to their old, destructive ways. They must now
battle their individual demons in order to reunite and try to save
their own.

Alphas also stars Malik Yoba, Warren Christie, Azita Ghanizada, Ryan
Cartwright and Laura Mennell. Erin Way (Detroit 187, Private Practice)
joins the cast this season as "Kat" a mysterious young loner whose
Alpha ability allows her to pick up any skill at a glance. But while
her skills are permanent, her personal memories are short-lived. The
series is produced by Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun
Television with executive producers Bruce Miller, Gail Berman, Lloyd
Braun, Gene Stein and Zak Penn. Penn and co-executive producer Michael
Karnow are series creators.

AUGUST

PARANORMAL WITNESS (SEASON 2 PREMIERE)

Premieres Wednesday, August 8 at 10PM

Using a mixture of intimate first-hand testimony, actual home video
and gritty realistic drama, the hit series Paranormal Witness returns
to transport viewers into a world turned upside-down by extraordinary,
terrifying and sometimes life-threatening paranormal events.
Paranormal Witness is produced by Raw TV (Locked Up Abroad and Gold
Rush Alaska). Executive producers are Dimitri Doganis and Bart Layton.

FACE OFF (SEASON 3 PREMIERE)

Premieres Tuesday, August 21 at 9PM

Syfy's hit competition reality series returns for season 3 with 12
aspiring special effects make-up artists and their unlimited
imaginations, competing to create amazing works of living art. The
eleven-episode season will feature some of the most difficult
challenges ever attempted and high power special guest judges. It all
culminates in one winner and one $100,000 grand prize that will launch
a career. McKenzie Westmore returns as host. The second season finale
became the most watched unscripted telecast in the channel's nearly
20-year history, transforming 3.58 million total viewers, based on
Live+7 data. This also established a Syfy original series record - for
scripted and unscripted programs - for most Adults 18-34 viewers with
1.01 million. Face Off is a production of Mission Control Media with
Dwight D. Smith, Michael Agbabian and Derek Atherton serving as
executive producers.

Lord Vader III

May 15, 2012, 2:40:24โ€ฏPM5/15/12
On 5/15/2012 1:30 PM, David wrote:
> http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/05/15/syfy-summer-2012-features-record-number-of-primetime-original-programming-hours-212211
>
> SYFY SUMMER 2012 FEATURES RECORD NUMBER OF PRIMETIME ORIGINAL
> PROGRAMMING HOURS
>
> FACE OFF (SEASON 3 PREMIERE)
>
> Premieres Tuesday, August 21 at 9PM

Great news. I thought we were going to have to wait until January for
season 3.

LVIII

Obveeus

May 15, 2012, 2:42:51โ€ฏPM5/15/12

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ALPHAS (SEASON 2 PREMIERE)
>
> Premieres Monday, July 23 at 10PM

So, two months until I need to turn the TV to Syfy again.

David

May 15, 2012, 2:48:15โ€ฏPM5/15/12
Does it need to warm up?

Obveeus

May 15, 2012, 3:02:36โ€ฏPM5/15/12

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Actually, it might as well need to warm up since it is one of those new
fangled TVs with software that has to boot up. Add in the fact that I have
it attached to the internet for guide listings and it feels like it takes
forever compared with the crappy old TVs that needed to warm up before they
could focus/produce sound/display full screen.

Genestro

May 15, 2012, 4:01:31โ€ฏPM5/15/12
On 15/05/2012 2:30 PM, David wrote:
> ยท Piranhaconda - Saturday, June 16 at 9PM - Part fish! Part snake!

All awful! God must hate everyone in the US to let us be subjected to
another year full of ridiculously bad monster movies from Syfy.

Ian J. Ball

May 15, 2012, 4:03:00โ€ฏPM5/15/12
Yes - none of their Siffy Saturday flicks look of interest to me.
Looks like I'll be skipping them all.

Your Name

May 15, 2012, 5:28:43โ€ฏPM5/15/12
In article <u285r711uc97rgrm8...@4ax.com>, David
<diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

> INSANE OR INSPIRED?

That pretty much sums up their entire line-up. ;-)

> SATURDAY ORIGINAL MOVIES (ALL-NEW MOVIES)
> ยท Jersey Shore Shark Attack
>
> ยท Piranhaconda
>
> ยท Arachnoquake
>
> ยท Bigfoot

It looks like someone is way behind on posting their April Fools "joke". :-\

Robin Miller

May 15, 2012, 5:29:21โ€ฏPM5/15/12
David wrote:
> http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/05/15/syfy-summer-2012-features-record-number-of-primetime-original-programming-hours-212211
>
> SYFY SUMMER 2012 FEATURES RECORD NUMBER OF PRIMETIME ORIGINAL
> PROGRAMMING HOURS
>
> ALL-NEW SEASONS OF WAREHOUSE 13, ALPHAS, FACE OFF, DESTINATION TRUTH
> AND HAUNTED COLLECTOR
>
> PREMIERES OF UNSCRIPTED SERIES SCHOOL SPIRITS, PARANORMAL HIGHWAY AND
> INSANE OR INSPIRED?
>
> NEW SYFY SATURDAY ORIGINAL MOVIES JERSEY SHORE SHARK ATTACK AND
> BIGFOOT

No mention of Haven. According to a poster on the IMDb:

>The Haven syfy website no longer says "Summer 2012" but now says "All New Episodes in 2012". It looks like Haven is no longer premiering this summer.

Also still no mention of Sanctuary...

There's nothing in Amanda Tapping's tweets, either:

http://twitter.com/#!/amandatapping

No news here either:

http://twitter.com/#!/SanctuarySeries

However, Amanda is directing several episodes of Primeval: New World, so
that must really be a go.

--Robin

Robin Miller

May 15, 2012, 5:38:15โ€ฏPM5/15/12
Here's the info, direct from Amanda Tapping at the recent Calgary Comic
Expo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fziLMLXa0QM&sns=tw

However, the Sanctuary group put on a panel at convention, so they are
certainly trying to keep the show alive.

--Robin

Dragon Lady

May 15, 2012, 8:43:56โ€ฏPM5/15/12

"Genestro" <genest...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Well, you know, nobody is forcing anyone to what this trash. I certainly
won't be.

Hit 'em in the ratings. Maybe they'll eventually get a clue.

Genestro

May 16, 2012, 12:53:15โ€ฏPM5/16/12
On 15/05/2012 8:43 PM, Dragon Lady wrote:
> "Genestro" <genest...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 15/05/2012 2:30 PM, David wrote:
>>> ยท Piranhaconda - Saturday, June 16 at 9PM - Part fish! Part snake!
>>
>> All awful! God must hate everyone in the US to let us be subjected to
>> another year full of ridiculously bad monster movies from Syfy.
>>
> Well, you know, nobody is forcing anyone to what this trash. I certainly
> won't be.
>
> Hit 'em in the ratings. Maybe they'll eventually get a clue.

Sadly, I fear it's like "reality" TV: so cheap to produce that they
basically won't care about its ratings.

Jim G.

May 18, 2012, 2:25:34โ€ฏPM5/18/12
David sent the following on 5/15/2012 1:30 PM:
> http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/05/15/syfy-summer-2012-features-record-number-of-primetime-original-programming-hours-212211
>
> ยท Piranhaconda

They must have a dart board with the names of all sorts of intimidating
animals posted on it. Throw two darts, and you have your next movie!

--
Jim G. | Waukesha, WI
"I find it's best if you just ... go with it." -- Lincoln Lee, providing

Your Name

May 18, 2012, 5:55:43โ€ฏPM5/18/12
In article <jp6475$2ep$2...@news.albasani.net>, "Jim G."
<jimg...@geemail.com> wrote:
> David sent the following on 5/15/2012 1:30 PM:

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/05/15/syfy-summer-2012-features-record-number-of-primetime-original-programming-hours-212211

> > ๏ฟฝ Piranhaconda
>
> They must have a dart board with the names of all sorts of intimidating
> animals posted on it. Throw two darts, and you have your next movie!

Not just animals. One of the other iditoci titels was something about an
earthquake and spiders. It looks like Syfy hires all the dregs of writers
and producers who even manage to fail miserably in the rest of lazy,
talentless Hollyweird. :-\

BTR1701

May 18, 2012, 5:56:43โ€ฏPM5/18/12
"Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com> wrote:
> David sent the following on 5/15/2012 1:30 PM:
>> http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/05/15/syfy-summer-2012-features-record-number-of-primetime-original-programming-hours-212211
>>
>> ยท Piranhaconda
>
> They must have a dart board with the names of all sorts of intimidating
> animals posted on it. Throw two darts, and you have your next movie!

I can't wait for LlamaDile!

Stan Brown

May 19, 2012, 8:32:23โ€ฏAM5/19/12
On Tue, 15 May 2012 14:30:12 -0400, David wrote:
> along with the eagerly anticipated Saturday Original Movies
> Jersey Shore Shark Attack and Bigfoot

Eagerly anticipated? A Syfy movie? In what alternative universe?

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Stan Brown

May 19, 2012, 8:33:33โ€ฏAM5/19/12
On Tue, 15 May 2012 18:43:56 -0600, Dragon Lady wrote:

> "Genestro" <genest...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Well, you know, nobody is forcing anyone to what this trash. I certainly
> won't be.
>
> Hit 'em in the ratings. Maybe they'll eventually get a clue.

They never have yet.

Edward McArdle

May 19, 2012, 9:08:47โ€ฏAM5/19/12
In article <MPG.2a215d29...@news.individual.net>, Stan Brown
<the_sta...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 May 2012 18:43:56 -0600, Dragon Lady wrote:
>>
>> "Genestro" <genest...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Well, you know, nobody is forcing anyone to what this trash. I certainly
>> won't be.
>>
>> Hit 'em in the ratings. Maybe they'll eventually get a clue.
>
>They never have yet.

Well, I voluntarily watched Two-Headed Shark, and that one with tornadoes
from Outer Space, and the one about Sinbad, where all the ancient arabs
had Australian accents, and the other one about tornadoes from Outer
Space, and....

what's wrong with me, doctor?

--
Edward McArdle

Robin Miller

May 19, 2012, 12:25:34โ€ฏPM5/19/12
Stan Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2012 14:30:12 -0400, David wrote:
>> along with the eagerly anticipated Saturday Original Movies
>> Jersey Shore Shark Attack and Bigfoot
>>

> Eagerly anticipated? A Syfy movie? In what alternative universe?

The same universe in which The L.A. Complex is a "New Hit Series."

--Robin

David

May 19, 2012, 1:08:10โ€ฏPM5/19/12
Canada?

(well it did get renewed there)

Your Name

May 19, 2012, 6:00:52โ€ฏPM5/19/12
In article <MPG.2a215ce1d...@news.individual.net>, Stan Brown
<the_sta...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2012 14:30:12 -0400, David wrote:
> > along with the eagerly anticipated Saturday Original Movies
> > Jersey Shore Shark Attack and Bigfoot
>
> Eagerly anticipated? A Syfy movie? In what alternative universe?

There will be MANY people "eagerly anticpating" it if the shark REALLY
eats all the dozy morons from Jersey Shore so they can't make any more of
that garbage "TV show". :-)

Mason Barge

May 20, 2012, 5:13:51โ€ฏPM5/20/12
On Sun, 20 May 2012 10:00:52 +1200, Your...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
wrote:
As great an idea as that is, I'd go for letting Bigfoot loose in a rose
ceremony first.

Jim G.

May 21, 2012, 4:06:54โ€ฏPM5/21/12
BTR1701 sent the following on 5/18/2012 4:56 PM:
Llamas intimidate you? Dude.

BTR1701

May 21, 2012, 11:57:19โ€ฏPM5/21/12
"Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 sent the following on 5/18/2012 4:56 PM:
>> "Jim G."<jimg...@geemail.com> wrote:
>>> David sent the following on 5/15/2012 1:30 PM:

>>> They must have a dart board with the names of all sorts of intimidating
>>> animals posted on it. Throw two darts, and you have your next movie!
>>
>> I can't wait for LlamaDile!
>
> Llamas intimidate you? Dude.

They're shifty creatures. Always plotting and staring at you with those big
brown eyes...

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 1:23:25โ€ฏAM5/22/12

"Genestro" <genest...@gmail.com> wrote in message
That explains a lot. Everything except why they think WWF belongs on a
science fiction channel.

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 1:24:58โ€ฏAM5/22/12

"Edward McArdle" <mca...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
You have a death wish, and you're trying to kill yourself with bad movies?

Your Name

May 22, 2012, 2:33:26โ€ฏAM5/22/12
In article <jpf7sh$qhg$1...@dont-email.me>, "Dragon Lady"
<guess...@nospam.net> wrote:
> "Genestro" <genest...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Well, you know, nobody is forcing anyone to what this trash. I certainly
> >> won't be.
> >>
> >> Hit 'em in the ratings. Maybe they'll eventually get a clue.
> >
> > Sadly, I fear it's like "reality" TV: so cheap to produce that they
> > basically won't care about its ratings.
>
> That explains a lot. Everything except why they think WWF belongs on a
> science fiction channel.

"Science Fiction" and "Fantasy" are often grouped together. WWF certainly
does not qualify as "sport" nor any other category really, so "fantasy" is
about the only place it even remotely fits into (other than "utter
garbage" of course). :-)

Adam H. Kerman

May 22, 2012, 3:11:50โ€ฏAM5/22/12
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>"Dragon Lady" <guess...@nospam.net> wrote:

>>That explains a lot. Everything except why they think WWF belongs on a
>>science fiction channel.

>"Science Fiction" and "Fantasy" are often grouped together. WWF certainly
>does not qualify as "sport" nor any other category really, so "fantasy" is
>about the only place it even remotely fits into (other than "utter
>garbage" of course). :-)

Uh, soap opera.

Adam H. Kerman

May 22, 2012, 3:14:00โ€ฏAM5/22/12
Dragon Lady <guess...@nospam.net> wrote:
>"Genestro" <genest...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Well, you know, nobody is forcing anyone to what this trash. I certainly
>>>won't be.

>>>Hit 'em in the ratings. Maybe they'll eventually get a clue.

>>Sadly, I fear it's like "reality" TV: so cheap to produce that they
>>basically won't care about its ratings.

>That explains a lot. Everything except why they think WWF belongs on a
>science fiction channel.

My question is why they think so little science fiction belongs
on their channel.

Duggy

May 22, 2012, 6:19:21โ€ฏAM5/22/12
On May 22, 5:14ย pm, "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> My question is why they think so little science fiction belongs
> on their channel.

It doesn't make them money, you know that, stalker.

===
= DUG.
===

Obveeus

May 22, 2012, 6:36:10โ€ฏAM5/22/12

"BTR1701" <addre...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 sent the following on 5/18/2012 4:56 PM:
>>>
>>> I can't wait for LlamaDile!
>>
>> Llamas intimidate you? Dude.
>
> They're shifty creatures. Always plotting and staring at you with those
> big
> brown eyes...

Are you intimidated by llamas or women?

Stan Brown

May 22, 2012, 6:58:16โ€ฏAM5/22/12
On Tue, 22 May 2012 18:33:26 +1200, Your Name wrote:
> "Science Fiction" and "Fantasy" are often grouped together. WWF certainly
> does not qualify as "sport" nor any other category really

Roseanne nailed its category years ago: "all-male porn with bathing
suits".

BTR1701

May 22, 2012, 8:35:12โ€ฏAM5/22/12
?!?!

Talk about a non sequitur. Where the hell do you get women from the above
exchange?

anim8rFSK

May 22, 2012, 9:37:33โ€ฏAM5/22/12
In article <jpfebo$gdu$4...@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

Because Bonnie Hammer is stupid and evil.

--
So we're all agreed that Clod is as stupid as Charlie Sheen?

anim8rFSK

May 22, 2012, 9:41:19โ€ฏAM5/22/12
In article
<1206769233359351397.980012...@news.giganews.com>
,
The Kardashians?

Obveeus

May 22, 2012, 12:06:26โ€ฏPM5/22/12
You said: 'They're shifty creatures. Always plotting and staring at you
with those big brown eyes...'
How could anyone not conclude that you were subconsciously thinking about
women?

Mason Barge

May 22, 2012, 12:41:42โ€ฏPM5/22/12
Llamas' butts are too small.

Also, they are too smart to intentionally mutilate themselves. Plus, they
only have sex with others of their own species.

Mason Barge

May 22, 2012, 12:42:08โ€ฏPM5/22/12
Yes?

Your Name

May 22, 2012, 5:09:19โ€ฏPM5/22/12
In article <MPG.2a253b4fc...@news.individual.net>, Stan Brown
<the_sta...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2012 18:33:26 +1200, Your Name wrote:
> > "Science Fiction" and "Fantasy" are often grouped together. WWF certainly
> > does not qualify as "sport" nor any other category really
>
> Roseanne nailed its category years ago: "all-male porn with bathing
> suits".

There are apparently female wrestlers and female wrestling fans. A better
category is "Braindead acting for braindead viwers".

Your Name

May 22, 2012, 5:12:47โ€ฏPM5/22/12
In article <jpfe7m$gdu$3...@news.albasani.net>, "Adam H. Kerman"
Wrestling doesn't qualify as soap opera ... there's no story in wrestling,
they nobody's boyfriend / girlfriend turns out to be their brother /
sister, and most importantly for a soap opera they aren't still in the
same room having the same conversation five seasons later. ;-)

BTR1701

May 22, 2012, 6:08:45โ€ฏPM5/22/12
In article <anim8rfsk-17417...@news.easynews.com>,
I saw a PEOPLE magazine in the airport today that says Hollywood has
abandoned Kim. A true tragedy.

Obveeus

May 22, 2012, 6:08:54โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"BTR1701" <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> anim8rFSK <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>> The Kardashians?
>
> I saw a PEOPLE magazine in the airport today that says Hollywood has
> abandoned Kim. A true tragedy.

Lucky for Kim, People Magazine isn't part of Hollywood.

BTR1701

May 22, 2012, 6:40:42โ€ฏPM5/22/12
In article <jph2pn$vj9$1...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
I don't think they were claiming to be. Something about how other
celebutards are now avoiding her, and she's been banned from the A-list
parties. You know, really important stuff.

Mason Barge

May 22, 2012, 6:43:15โ€ฏPM5/22/12
On Wed, 23 May 2012 09:12:47 +1200, Your...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
wrote:
Well, it sort of is. They script feuds between wrestlers, etc.

Duggy

May 22, 2012, 8:20:46โ€ฏPM5/22/12
On May 23, 7:09ย am, YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name) wrote:
> In article <MPG.2a253b4fc693858698d...@news.individual.net>, Stan Brown
>
> <the_stan_br...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 May 2012 18:33:26 +1200, Your Name wrote:
> > > "Science Fiction" and "Fantasy" are often grouped together. WWF certainly
> > > does not qualify as "sport" nor any other category really
>
> > Roseanne nailed its category years ago: "all-male porn with bathing
> > suits".
>
> There are apparently female wrestlers

Who look male.

> and female wrestling fans.

There are female fans of all-male porn.

===
= DUG.
===

Stan Brown

May 22, 2012, 8:46:16โ€ฏPM5/22/12
Well, yes and no. The homoerotic subtext is pretty hard to ignore.
On the other hand, the wrestlers do have to be in awfully good
condition; essentially they are actors doing all their own stunts.
And that's pretty hazardous.

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 8:59:45โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote in message
Utter garbage is the category I would put it in. The acting sucks, the plot
line is so redimentary it's practically non-existent, and the only thing
that comes close to being professional is the coreography (sp?). Yet people
continue to watch this crap. Can anybody explain what the attraction is?

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 9:01:01โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote in message
Oh God. Most soap operas have better acting, though I grant there have been
a few as bad. What I can't understand is what the attration is. Perhaps
it's the same thing as attracts people to watch boxing?

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 9:01:40โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote in message
True. I've seen more horror shows on that channel than science fiction -
and not just at Halloween.

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 9:02:46โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"Stan Brown" <the_sta...@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 May 2012 18:33:26 +1200, Your Name wrote:
>> "Science Fiction" and "Fantasy" are often grouped together. WWF certainly
>> does not qualify as "sport" nor any other category really
>
> Roseanne nailed its category years ago: "all-male porn with bathing
> suits".

And that accounts for the women how?

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 9:26:45โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"Duggy" <p.allan...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>On May 23, 7:09 am, YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name) wrote:
>> In article <MPG.2a253b4fc693858698d...@news.individual.net>, Stan Brown
>>
>> <the_stan_br...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>
>> > Roseanne nailed its category years ago: "all-male porn with bathing
>> > suits".
>>
>> There are apparently female wrestlers
>
>Who look male.

You have a very funny definition of "looks male". Have you ever actually
watched WWF? I try to avoid the show myself, but I can still testify
(because hubby watches it, and believe me, it's not for the *male*
wrestlers) that the women on that show do *not* look like men.

>> and female wrestling fans.
>
>There are female fans of all-male porn.

Probably a lot more female fans for all-male porn than there are male fans.
However, given that there is no actual sex on this show, it hardly qualifies
as porn of any sort.

Dimensional Traveler

May 22, 2012, 9:33:48โ€ฏPM5/22/12
And got promoted for it..
Message has been deleted

Michael Ann Sullivan

May 22, 2012, 11:21:22โ€ฏPM5/22/12
"Dragon Lady" wrote in message news:jphctk$o2o$1...@dont-email.me...
It's just like when stopped playing music on MTV.

Have you seen my dragons?

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 11:32:56โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"Dennis M" <denn...@dennism3.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <jphctk$o2o$1...@dont-email.me>, "Dragon Lady"
> <guess...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>>> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote in message
>>> My question is why they think so little science fiction belongs
>>> on their channel.
>>
>>True. I've seen more horror shows on that channel than science fiction -
>>and not just at Halloween.
>
> I thought all pretense of being a science fiction channel went out the
> window when they changed from Sci-Fi to SyFy.
>
> I only keep it in the surfing lineup for the occasional early morning
> Twilight Zone rerun.

I think all pretense at being a science fiction channel disappeared before
they changed the name. It was always something of a joke, they obviously
can't tell the difference between science fiction, horror, fantasy and any
other genre.

Dragon Lady

May 22, 2012, 11:33:52โ€ฏPM5/22/12

"Michael Ann Sullivan" <maik...@the-universe.net> wrote in message
Never watch MTV. :P I like to choose my own music.

> Have you seen my dragons?
Dunno. What color are they?

David Barnett

May 22, 2012, 11:36:51โ€ฏPM5/22/12
In article <anim8rfsk-9F1E8B.06373322052012
@news.easynews.com>, anim...@cox.net says...

> In article <jpfebo$gdu$4...@news.albasani.net>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
<Snip>

> > My question is why they think so little science fiction belongs
> > on their channel.
>
> Because Bonnie Hammer is stupid and evil.

Has Bonnie Hammer or any PTB been given this question
verbally? & got an answer?

--
David Barnett

anim8rFSK

May 22, 2012, 11:39:28โ€ฏPM5/22/12
In article <atropos-31754C...@news-europe.giganews.com>,
I've been getting spam "let Kim Kardashian do your shoe shopping for
you" ... the jokes just write themselves.

anim8rFSK

May 22, 2012, 11:50:49โ€ฏPM5/22/12
In article <atropos-822A4E...@news-europe.giganews.com>,
Is this because of Kanye?

BTR1701

May 23, 2012, 1:52:13โ€ฏAM5/23/12
In article <anim8rfsk-428FB...@news.easynews.com>,
I didn't read the article. Just saw the cover as I was checking out.

Adam H. Kerman

May 23, 2012, 2:05:53โ€ฏAM5/23/12
David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>anim...@cox.net says...
>>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>>>My question is why they think so little science fiction belongs
>>>on their channel.

>>Because Bonnie Hammer is stupid and evil.

>Has Bonnie Hammer or any PTB been given this question
>verbally? & got an answer?

I would have her tortured for answers by making her watch her
own programming.

Your Name

May 23, 2012, 2:20:09โ€ฏAM5/23/12
In article <4fbc3e7d$0$87551$742e...@news.sonic.net>, Dimensional
The more stupid they are, then the higher up the corporate / political
ladder they go ... it's called "management".

anim8rFSK

May 23, 2012, 10:24:24โ€ฏAM5/23/12
In article <jphuo1$77i$4...@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> >anim...@cox.net says...

> >>Because Bonnie Hammer is stupid and evil.
>
> >Has Bonnie Hammer or any PTB been given this question
> >verbally? & got an answer?
>
> I would have her tortured for answers by making her watch her
> own programming.

she's so stupid she'd probably enjoy it.

anim8rFSK

May 23, 2012, 10:28:19โ€ฏAM5/23/12
In article <MPG.2a26d0e7d...@news.bigpond.com>,
Hammer actually stated, for the record, that the reason she had turned
down a science fiction show for the (then) Sci-fi channel was that it
was 'too science fictiony'

Dimensional Traveler

May 23, 2012, 10:50:16โ€ฏPM5/23/12
On 5/22/2012 6:53 PM, Dennis M wrote:
> In article<jphctk$o2o$1...@dont-email.me>, "Dragon Lady"
> <guess...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>>> "Adam H. Kerman"<a...@chinet.com> wrote in message
>>> My question is why they think so little science fiction belongs
>>> on their channel.
>>
>> True. I've seen more horror shows on that channel than science fiction -
>> and not just at Halloween.
>
> I thought all pretense of being a science fiction channel went out the
> window when they changed from Sci-Fi to SyFy.

No, that just when they _admitted_ to it.

Dimensional Traveler

May 23, 2012, 10:52:28โ€ฏPM5/23/12
I think the closest we've ever gotten was the reason why some sci-fi
series wasn't ordered to pilot. "It was too science-fictiony" or
something like that.

Dragon Lady

May 23, 2012, 11:11:51โ€ฏPM5/23/12

"Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote in message
Yeah, I've often thought the saying should be "Those who can, do, and those
who can't, manage those who can and do it poorly."

Dragon Lady

May 23, 2012, 11:13:13โ€ฏPM5/23/12

"Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote in message
In other words, she's dumber than a box of rocks.

~consul

May 24, 2012, 12:43:48โ€ฏPM5/24/12
'tis on this 5/22/2012 2:12 PM, wrote Your Name thus to say:
> In article<jpfe7m$gdu$3...@news.albasani.net>, "Adam H. Kerman"
> <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>> Your Name<Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>>> "Science Fiction" and "Fantasy" are often grouped together. WWF certainly
>>> does not qualify as "sport" nor any other category really, so "fantasy" is
>>> about the only place it even remotely fits into (other than "utter
>>> garbage" of course). :-)
>> Uh, soap opera.
> Wrestling doesn't qualify as soap opera ... there's no story in wrestling,
> they nobody's boyfriend / girlfriend turns out to be their brother /
> sister, and most importantly for a soap opera they aren't still in the
> same room having the same conversation five seasons later. ;-)

What soap are you watching then?
Wrestling and the Daytime Soaps have practically the same plots, just that the WWF has them yelling their lines and some acrobatics and physical stunts.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here, at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, consul -x- <<poetry.dolphins-cove.com>>

Dimensional Traveler

May 24, 2012, 11:44:12โ€ฏPM5/24/12
I thought that went without saying.

HGH-17

May 25, 2012, 2:04:22โ€ฏAM5/25/12
On 19/05/2012 8:32 AM, Stan Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2012 14:30:12 -0400, David wrote:
>> along with the eagerly anticipated Saturday Original Movies
>> Jersey Shore Shark Attack and Bigfoot
>
> Eagerly anticipated? A Syfy movie? In what alternative universe?

There's more science fiction in Stan Brown's post than there has been on
the Syfy channel over all the time that passed since they canceled SGU.

Dragon Lady

May 25, 2012, 2:17:34โ€ฏAM5/25/12

"Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote in message
Yeah, but I had to say it. :P

Dimensional Traveler

May 26, 2012, 2:23:15โ€ฏAM5/26/12
On 5/24/2012 11:17 PM, Dragon Lady wrote:

> "Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote in message
>> On 5/23/2012 8:13 PM, Dragon Lady wrote:
>>>
>>> "Dimensional Traveler" <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote in message

>>> In other words, she's dumber than a box of rocks.
>>>
>> I thought that went without saying.
>
> Yeah, but I had to say it. :P

You're the Dragon Lady, shouldn't you have flamed it?