DEAR WHITE PEOPLE controversy?

Obveeus

Feb 9, 2017, 10:27:02 AM2/9/17

The racists are already lining up to feign outrage...just like they do
on rec.arts.tv:

http://decider.com/2017/02/09/dear-white-people-triggers-netflix-boycott/

BTR1701

Feb 9, 2017, 10:40:30 AM2/9/17
In article <o7i1kp$mb1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> The racists are already lining up to feign outrage...just like they do
> on rec.arts.tv

Wow. Obveeus has come over to the light side and actually says something
intelligent.

Oh, wait. Something tells me his description of "feigned outrage" over
TV shows like this from "racists" only applies to one side of the issue.

Small Town American Flag Waver

Feb 9, 2017, 12:04:49 PM2/9/17
show met with "... high critical acclaim" ... from WHO? NOT here on Mainstreet America!!!! ... Netflix BOMBED by CANCELLATIONS ... so much for that "critical acclaim" nonsense

Ed Stasiak

Feb 9, 2017, 12:58:07 PM2/9/17
> Obveeus
>
> The racists are already lining up to feign outrage...just like they do
> on rec.arts.tv:

Racism: It’s ok when we do it!

Ubiquitous

Feb 9, 2017, 1:36:50 PM2/9/17
In article <o7i1kp$mb1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com wrote:

>The racists are already lining up to feign outrage...just like
>they do on rec.arts.tv

TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

David

Feb 9, 2017, 5:46:35 PM2/9/17
Ah, those who get off on having a persecution complex accusing any minority with a complaint as being too sensitive.

Same ones that applaud the whiningest little bitch to ever be in charge of a country for being a tough bully.

newreal...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2017, 5:55:56 PM2/9/17
We know it bothers you when leftist tactics are successfully deployed by the right, faggot, no reason to throw another temper tantrum :)

FPP

Feb 9, 2017, 6:01:11 PM2/9/17
Well, if you're willing to admit it, who am I to disagree.
--
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty," -Thos. Jefferson
Tiny hands... yoooge asshole.

Small Town American Flag Waver

Feb 9, 2017, 7:18:43 PM2/9/17
little "David" here ... having a difficult time now ... adjusting to a White Male Pro-AMERICAN President ... very depressing ... eh little fellow? ... who has WASTED 9 years here ... Trying to Promote Network/Cable TV programs! ... about as successful as his "Mommy" Hillary ... running for President!

Ubiquitous

Feb 9, 2017, 8:33:33 PM2/9/17
Someone's sockpuppet wrote:
>On 2017-02-09 17:58:05 +0000, Ed Stasiak <esta...@att.net> said:
>>> Obveeus

>>> The racists are already lining up to feign outrage...just like
>>> they do on rec.arts.tv:
>>
>> Racism: It's ok when we do it!
>
>Well, if you're willing to admit it, who am I to disagree.

Well, there you go feigning reading comprehension problems whenever
you've lost the debate again!

Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

--
The old Soviet leaders had it right. Our destruction comes from within:
Moochers, parasites, and Obama.

shawn

Feb 9, 2017, 11:10:30 PM2/9/17
I have no idea what the show will actually be like but can say that
they seemed to be going out of their way to cause controversy with the
one ad I saw. They had the militant black woman and all of the white
people in black face which certainly painted a certain picture for the
show that isn't going to go over well with many people. Though
apparently the story behind those people in black face shows a very
different side of the story. In the end it seems to be a show where
people really need to wait till they've seen an episode or two before
they engage their outrage but there is no fun in waiting.

Irish Ranger

Feb 10, 2017, 6:03:53 AM2/10/17
Racism in Obama's America only came in one color and that color was always white.

Irish Mike

"Racism" ! The battle cry of the defeated liberal

FPP

Feb 10, 2017, 6:25:49 AM2/10/17
Poor little snowflake... dry those puffy little eyes. Daddy Trump will
kiss your boo-boo for you.

Obveeus

Feb 10, 2017, 9:07:08 AM2/10/17
Why would the rec.arts.tv racists wait before claiming outrage?

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 10, 2017, 11:14:11 AM2/10/17
obveeusly you still haven't fixed that reading comprehension problem.
shawn stated that they went out of their way to be provocative. obveeusly
immediately concludes that the provoked reaction is racist and that
anyone who might react is a racist.

On Usenet, we call that "trolling".

Yet another example of obveeus never making political comments.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 10, 2017, 11:16:40 AM2/10/17
Sigh.

This would be the post-Obama era, so you don't get to make that
comment any more. Knock it the fuck off.

Ubiquitous

Feb 10, 2017, 11:38:03 AM2/10/17

Neill Massello

Feb 10, 2017, 12:57:11 PM2/10/17
Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

> The racists

What is racism?

Ed Stasiak

Feb 10, 2017, 1:03:33 PM2/10/17
> shawn
>
> Though apparently the story behind those people in black face shows
> a very different side of the story. In the end it seems to be a show where
> people really need to wait till they've seen an episode or two before they
> engage their outrage but there is no fun in waiting.

I disagree, I don’t think people need to wait before bitching about it.

The promos are blatantly race-baiting and deserved to be addressed,
no matter what the eventual entire story is.

Ed Stasiak

Feb 10, 2017, 1:14:04 PM2/10/17
> Adam H. Kerman
> > Irish Ranger
> >
> > Racism in Obama's America only came in one color and that color
> > was always white.
>
> This would be the post-Obama era, so you don't get to make that
> comment any more. Knock it the fuck off.

Have race relations miraculously improved since Trump took office?

The Obama administration spent eight years blaming all the world’s
problems on White people, that’s not going to improve for a long time,
especially as the Left not only continues it’s “Blame Whitey!” campaign
but has ramped up their efforts.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 10, 2017, 1:40:08 PM2/10/17
Ed Stasiak <esta...@att.net> wrote:

>>Adam H. Kerman
>>>Irish Ranger

>>>Racism in Obama's America only came in one color and that color
>>>was always white.=20

>>This would be the post-Obama era, so you don't get to make that=20
>>comment any more. Knock it the fuck off.

>Have race relations miraculously improved since Trump took office?

I don't think who the president is has anything to do with race relations.
I never bought into "The election of Obama in 2008 means that America has
entered a post-racial era" either.

>The Obama administration spent eight years blaming all the world=E2=80=99s
>problems on White people, that=E2=80=99s not going to improve for a long ti=
>me,
>especially as the Left not only continues it=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9CBlame White=
>y!=E2=80=9D campaign
>but has ramped up their efforts.

That's a massively false statement, Ed. Typical criticism of Obama was
that he never acted "black enough" to satisfy those with that opinion.
Obama was heavily criticized after Ferguson, when he made level-headed
comments, and left the accusations of bias leading to the death of
Michael Brown to Eric Holder. Darren Wilson, the police officer who
shot and killed him, wasn't indicted by a state grand jury and the US
Department of Justice made no finding that he'd violated Brown's civil
rights. Ferguson never fit anyone's narrative, but you'll never admit that.

I'm sure you can find specific statements from Obama on race relations that
you disagree with, but it's bullshit for you to claim that's all Obama ever
did and said, or that it was the crux of the political philsophy that he
pushed. Obama was the single most careful man ever to run for president and
knew exactly how far he could push an issue before losing personal support.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 10, 2017, 1:44:40 PM2/10/17
Ed Stasiak <esta...@att.net> wrote:

>>shawn

>>Though apparently the story behind those people in black face shows
>>a very different side of the story. In the end it seems to be a show wher=
>e=20
>>people really need to wait till they've seen an episode or two before the=
>>engage their outrage but there is no fun in waiting.=20

>I disagree, I don=E2=80=99t think people need to wait before bitching about=
>it.

>The promos are blatantly race-baiting and deserved to be addressed,
>no matter what the eventual entire story is.

obveeus, who never ever ever ever ever makes political comments on Usenet,
will now call you a racist. obveeus also has you kill filed, and never
lies about that.

Neill Massello

Feb 10, 2017, 1:57:50 PM2/10/17
Ed Stasiak <esta...@att.net> wrote:

> Have race relations miraculously improved since Trump took office?

No, but after decades of official deceptions, we're starting to have
something like that "honest discussion about race" that Eric Holder
pretended to want. But it's not going quite the way Holder & Co
expected, so the Left is pitching a fit.

Ubiquitous

Feb 10, 2017, 2:45:33 PM2/10/17
In article <o7l1ml$nq7$1...@news.albasani.net>, a...@chinet.com wrote:

>obveeus, who never ever ever ever ever makes political comments on Usenet,
>will now call you a racist. obveeus also has you kill filed, and never
>lies about that.

Oh, does FPP have another new sockpuppet?

--
"The sky was low and heavy, like the brow of a retarded child."

Ubiquitous

Feb 10, 2017, 2:48:11 PM2/10/17
In article <o7l1e6$p9u$3...@news.albasani.net>, a...@chinet.com wrote:
>Ed Stasiak <esta...@att.net> wrote:
>>>Adam H. Kerman

>>>This would be the post-Obama era, so you don't get to make that
>>>comment any more. Knock it the fuck off.
>
>>Have race relations miraculously improved since Trump took office?
>
>I don't think who the president is has anything to do with race relations.
>I never bought into "The election of Obama in 2008 means that America has
>entered a post-racial era" either.
>
>>The Obama administration spent eight years blaming all the world=E2=80=99s
>>problems on White people, that'9s not going to improve for a long time,
>>especially as the Left not only continues it's "Blame Whitey!" campaign
>>but has ramped up their efforts.
>
>That's a massively false statement, Ed. Typical criticism of Obama was
>that he never acted "black enough" to satisfy those with that opinion.
>Obama was heavily criticized after Ferguson, when he made level-headed
>comments, and left the accusations of bias leading to the death of
>Michael Brown to Eric Holder. Darren Wilson, the police officer who
>shot and killed him, wasn't indicted by a state grand jury and the US
>Department of Justice made no finding that he'd violated Brown's civil
>rights. Ferguson never fit anyone's narrative, but you'll never admit that.
>
>I'm sure you can find specific statements from Obama on race relations that
>you disagree with, but it's bullshit for you to claim that's all Obama ever
>did and said, or that it was the crux of the political philsophy that he
>pushed. Obama was the single most careful man ever to run for president and
>knew exactly how far he could push an issue before losing personal support.

Ubiquitous

Feb 10, 2017, 2:50:45 PM2/10/17
There's never been an "honest discussion about race" because that would put
the race pimps out of business; the racial greivence business is highly
profitable!

--
A whistleblower says the only global warming occurring in the last 12
years was caused by the Obama administration cooking the (data) books.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 10, 2017, 3:12:13 PM2/10/17
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> TROLL-O-METER
>
> 5* 6* *7
> 4* *8
> 3* *9
> 2* *10
> 1* | *stuporous
> 0* -*- *catatonic
> * |\ *comatose
> * \ *clinical death
> * \ *biological death
> * _\/ *demonic apparition
> * * *damned for all eternity

Go fuck yourself, Ubi. Take your moderation bullshit elsewhere.

Arc Michael

Feb 10, 2017, 3:14:54 PM2/10/17
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:27:02 AM UTC-8, Obveeus wrote:
> The racists are already lining up to feign outrage...just like they do
> on rec.arts.tv:
>
> http://decider.com/2017/02/09/dear-white-people-triggers-netflix-boycott/

They will be taken off of planet earth. blacks and browns started capitalism and slavery and run the most unequal societies in history.

alvey

Feb 10, 2017, 6:35:26 PM2/10/17
Kerman telling people how to behave is the reason why the universe is
expanding. It's the vast amount of irony that he's pumping out...

alvey

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 10, 2017, 7:11:04 PM2/10/17
I'd never tell you what to believe; you don't exist.

shawn

Feb 11, 2017, 6:04:14 AM2/11/17
That's the promo. I have no problem with people complaining about the
promo. My issue is with people complaining about the show when they
haven't seen it and don't know what it's going to be like. The promo
was an absolutely horrible idea and deserves to be derided. The show
is still a relatively unknown quantity, especially given it's a
satiracle comedy which doesn't come through from the promo.

Obveeus

Feb 11, 2017, 9:06:29 AM2/11/17
Really? I thought that it was pretty obvious that the show was going to
be comedy.

Ed Stasiak

Feb 11, 2017, 12:07:38 PM2/11/17
> shawn
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > The promos are blatantly race-baiting and deserved to be addressed,
> > no matter what the eventual entire story is.
>
> That's the promo. I have no problem with people complaining about the
> promo. My issue is with people complaining about the show when they
> haven't seen it and don't know what it's going to be like.

And the promo is race-baiting bullshit, so it stands to reason that the
show will be full of race-baiting bullshit also.

Even if the show ends up being the epitome of equality, (yeah, right…)
I don’t have to give Netflix the benefit of the doubt, that’s what they put
out there and that’s what I’m addressing.

“So a nigger and a kike walk into a bar…”
“Hay, man! That’s racist!”
“Oh, I was just joking.”
“Well, then that’s ok.”

trotsky

Feb 11, 2017, 12:55:09 PM2/11/17
He pumps out so much irony it's as if he has his own foundry.

moviePig

Feb 11, 2017, 12:55:38 PM2/11/17
On 2/11/2017 12:07 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> shawn
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> The promos are blatantly race-baiting and deserved to be addressed,
>>> no matter what the eventual entire story is.
>>
>> That's the promo. I have no problem with people complaining about the
>> promo. My issue is with people complaining about the show when they
>> haven't seen it and don't know what it's going to be like.
>
> And the promo is race-baiting bullshit, so it stands to reason that the
> show will be full of race-baiting bullshit also.

Yeah, the possibility, or even likelihood, is that it will. But there's
also the possibility of a (race-)bait-and-switch.

> Even if the show ends up being the epitome of equality, (yeah, right…)
> I don’t have to give Netflix the benefit of the doubt, that’s what they put
> out there and that’s what I’m addressing.
>
> “So a nigger and a kike walk into a bar…”
> “Hay, man! That’s racist!”
> “Oh, I was just joking.”
> “Well, then that’s ok.”

You pay for Netflix, so indeed you *never* owe it the benefit of the
doubt. The trick, rather, is to comb through (all sorts of) camouflage
so as not to toss the good stuff. (Unfortunately, the original movie
here wasn't all that compelling, so I'm not hopeful either.)

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

Jim G.

Feb 11, 2017, 1:22:00 PM2/11/17
shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:
If the promo is representative of what the show will be like, then there
is a problem. If the promo is *not* representative of what the show will
be like, then there is a different *kind* of problem. But either way,
there is a big racial/racist problem with this thing. But, then again,
I'm constantly told that only white people can be racist, so maybe I
have this all wrong.

"I killed Hitler. I think I deserve some pie." -- Dean Winchester,
SUPERNATURAL

moviePig

Feb 11, 2017, 1:41:52 PM2/11/17
No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior, and
do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.

And, I'm keeping an eye peeled for any one of those dudes, you betcha...

Ed Stasiak

Feb 11, 2017, 2:39:55 PM2/11/17
> moviePig
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > I don’t have to give Netflix the benefit of the doubt, that’s
> > what they put out there and that’s what I’m addressing.
>
> You pay for Netflix, so indeed you *never* owe it the benefit
> of the doubt.

And then you turn around and say I DO have to give them the
benefit of the doubt and watch their racist tv show, before I can
call them out for their obvious racism…

Everything about this tv show stinks of racism, from the title
on down.

Ed Stasiak

Feb 11, 2017, 2:42:03 PM2/11/17
> moviePig
> > Jim G.
> >
> > But, then again, I'm constantly told that only white people can be racist,
> > so maybe I have this all wrong.
>
> No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
> openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior, and
> do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.

So Blacks are magically immune to racism unless they’re in power?

What other ethnic groups have this genetic immunity to racism?

(I’m guessing all of them, except Whites…)

moviePig

Feb 11, 2017, 2:50:02 PM2/11/17
TAASW? (I.e., turn around and say what?) Unless I get some favorable
indicators not yet in evidence, *I* plan to ignore the show -- but not
in reprisal for somebody's offensive (or lame) promo. *That* I consider
to be just their missed opportunity to grab me.

Ed Stasiak

Feb 11, 2017, 3:02:56 PM2/11/17
> moviePig
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > And then you turn around and say I DO have to give them the
> > benefit of the doubt and watch their racist tv show, before I can
> > call them out for their obvious racism…
>
> TAASW? (I.e., turn around and say what?)

“The trick, rather, is to comb through (all sorts of) camouflage
so as not to toss the good stuff.”

Combing through clearly implies watching the tv show so as
not to miss any of the supposed “good stuff” in this series.

That’s giving Netflix the benefit of the doubt, despite everything
about this tv show reeking of racism.

moviePig

Feb 11, 2017, 3:38:20 PM2/11/17
I clearly can't say what 'combing through' clearly implies, but it was
*intended* to imply not rejecting a Netflix series on the basis of
potentially misleading factors. This sort of promo's first job is to
reel in viewers for Ep. 1. Provocative misrepresentation is jake.

moviePig

Feb 11, 2017, 3:51:29 PM2/11/17
Actually, there may be a number of Asians who consider whites inferior.
I don't know. But I'm guessing that, in the face of overwhelming
cultural and historical persuasion, very few U.S. blacks do. And I
think it's silly for a white man to demand racial "symmetry" as though
he ever had an inkling of what the other side feels like.

BTR1701

Feb 11, 2017, 4:14:22 PM2/11/17
In article <589f5aee$0$63786$c3e8da3$3863...@news.astraweb.com>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 2/11/2017 1:21 PM, Jim G. wrote:
> > shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:

> >> That's the promo. I have no problem with people complaining about the
> >> promo. My issue is with people complaining about the show when they
> >> haven't seen it and don't know what it's going to be like. The promo
> >> was an absolutely horrible idea and deserves to be derided. The show
> >> is still a relatively unknown quantity, especially given it's a
> >> satiracle comedy which doesn't come through from the promo.
> >
> > If the promo is representative of what the show will be like, then there
> > is a problem. If the promo is *not* representative of what the show will
> > be like, then there is a different *kind* of problem. But either way,
> > there is a big racial/racist problem with this thing. But, then again,
> > I'm constantly told that only white people can be racist, so maybe I
> > have this all wrong.
>
> No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
> openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior, and
> do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.

Umm, no. Being racist does not require being backed by law and custom.

moviePig

Feb 11, 2017, 4:30:13 PM2/11/17
On 2/11/2017 4:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <589f5aee$0$63786$c3e8da3$3863...@news.astraweb.com>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/2017 1:21 PM, Jim G. wrote:
>>> shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:

>>> If the promo is representative of what the show will be like, then there
>>> is a problem. If the promo is *not* representative of what the show will
>>> be like, then there is a different *kind* of problem. But either way,
>>> there is a big racial/racist problem with this thing. But, then again,
>>> I'm constantly told that only white people can be racist, so maybe I
>>> have this all wrong.
>>
>> No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
>> openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior, and
>> do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.
>
> Umm, no. Being racist does not require being backed by law and custom.

Indeed, one can be "racist" for, say, liking soul food. But I think
here we're talking about demeaning, damaging, ethnic discrimination...

BTR1701

Feb 11, 2017, 5:43:30 PM2/11/17
In article <589f821a$0$4388$b1db1813$1459...@news.astraweb.com>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 2/11/2017 4:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <589f5aee$0$63786$c3e8da3$3863...@news.astraweb.com>,
> > moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
> >> openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior, and
> >> do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.
> >
> > Umm, no. Being racist does not require being backed by law and custom.
>
> Indeed, one can be "racist" for, say, liking soul food. But I think
> here we're talking about demeaning, damaging, ethnic discrimination...

One does not have to damage someone else to be racist.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 11, 2017, 6:26:47 PM2/11/17
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
moviePig thinks he's getting away with using whichever language that's
not English that moviePig speaks by using double quotes. I can't imagine
what moviePig means in his anti-English how a preference for a specific
food is "racist" double quoted.

But if the other person isn't damaged, then you're describing a matter
of thought, not behavior, and the human instinct to form communities and
reject outsiders for reasons of self preservation against raiding parties
and other hostiles.

Acting on instinct isn't logical.

No one who has found the trailer for Dear White People to be racist has
been damaged. Speech and publishing (that's not slander or libel) can
never be damaging.

Aside from the free speech issue, if it was racist, well then, they've
been found out.

shawn

Feb 11, 2017, 7:39:32 PM2/11/17
From the article that I read it sounds like the promo is not at all
representative of the show. Which doesn't speak well of the people
making the promos, but we know that the people making promos often
have nothing to do with making the actual shows. Whether that is
actually the case remains to be seen when the show actually comes out.
It's not my type of show so I'm unlikely to watch it. I just think
people shouldn't be complaining about the show when no one has even
seen it yet. Complaining about the promo is absolutely fair game.

Ed Stasiak

Feb 11, 2017, 8:38:02 PM2/11/17
> moviePig
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Combing through clearly implies watching the tv show so as
> > not to miss any of the supposed “good stuff” in this series.
>
> I clearly can't say what 'combing through' clearly implies, but
> it was *intended* to imply not rejecting a Netflix series on the
> basis of potentially misleading factors.

Which means watching the tv show, does it not? And why would
I watch the tv show, when the promo is clearly racist and insulting?

“Hay, how ‘bout a shit sandwich?”
“Eww, gross!
“Nah, once you get past the smell and taste, it’s really good!”

Ed Stasiak

Feb 11, 2017, 8:41:47 PM2/11/17
> moviePig
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > So Blacks are magically immune to racism unless they’re in power?
>
> Actually, there may be a number of Asians who consider whites inferior.
> I don't know.  But I'm guessing that, in the face of overwhelming cultural
> and historical persuasion, very few U.S. blacks do.

Black-American culture revolves around race, they’re the most racially
focused ethnic group in the U.S.

> And I think it's silly for a white man to demand racial "symmetry" as though
> he ever had an inkling of what the other side feels like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_labour_under_German_rule_during_World_War_II

Blacks (especially American Blacks) don’t have some kinda exclusive
historical claim to being treated like shit.

Obveeus

Feb 11, 2017, 10:02:21 PM2/11/17
The job of the promo people isn't strictly to represent what the show is
about. The job of the promo people is to get the biggest audience
possible to watch the show. Maybe in this case it means riling up the
racists so that the show gets a bunch more media coverage and word gets
out well beyond what the advertising budget could accomplish.

BTR1701

Feb 11, 2017, 11:52:57 PM2/11/17
In article <o7oj4f$95d$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 2/11/2017 7:37 PM, shawn wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 12:21:57 -0600, "Jim G."
> > <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:

Ya right, because anyone who finds that promo objectionable is a racist.

You're a douchebag, you know that?

Jim G.

Feb 12, 2017, 1:50:28 AM2/12/17
Obveeus sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 09:02 PM:
In that case, they're engaging in race-baiting. Which is a problem.

Jim G.

Feb 12, 2017, 1:52:53 AM2/12/17
BTR1701 sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 03:14 PM:
> In article <589f5aee$0$63786$c3e8da3$3863...@news.astraweb.com>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/2017 1:21 PM, Jim G. wrote:
>>> shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:

>>> If the promo is representative of what the show will be like, then there
>>> is a problem. If the promo is *not* representative of what the show will
>>> be like, then there is a different *kind* of problem. But either way,
>>> there is a big racial/racist problem with this thing. But, then again,
>>> I'm constantly told that only white people can be racist, so maybe I
>>> have this all wrong.
>>
>> No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
>> openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior, and
>> do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.
>
> Umm, no. Being racist does not require being backed by law and custom.

moviePig seems to have a magic dictionary that provides him with
whatever definition he wants to read.

Jim G.

Feb 12, 2017, 1:54:06 AM2/12/17
shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 06:37 PM:
Which is...a problem. Especially in this context, where it would appear
that race-baiting must be going on.

> Which doesn't speak well of the people
> making the promos,

Exactly.

> but we know that the people making promos often
> have nothing to do with making the actual shows.

True, but I wasn't looking to assign blame. Rather, I was just pointing
out that there is plenty of blame to be assigned.

moviePig

Feb 12, 2017, 9:07:13 AM2/12/17
No, it means listening to a few reports from people who've actually
watched the series. There are almost sure to be some...

moviePig

Feb 12, 2017, 9:15:04 AM2/12/17
Gee. And there I thought I was arguing *against* a dictionary usage...

trotsky

Feb 12, 2017, 9:37:00 AM2/12/17
JimG prefers to keep it in the realm of being a dick rather than use a
dictionary.

Adam H. Kerman

Feb 12, 2017, 10:31:48 AM2/12/17
Please follow moviePig's Humpty-Dumpty approach here. The trailer for
the program was never intended to give the viewer a true impression
of what the program will be like. The viewer was a moron for making
the false assumption that the trailer was representative in any way.

Welcome to moviePig's world, in which words lethal weapons in the
war against any human understanding and interaction through speech
and writing.

trotsky

Feb 13, 2017, 8:07:54 AM2/13/17
On 2/11/17 3:14 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <589f5aee$0$63786$c3e8da3$3863...@news.astraweb.com>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/2017 1:21 PM, Jim G. wrote:
>>> shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:

>>> If the promo is representative of what the show will be like, then there
>>> is a problem. If the promo is *not* representative of what the show will
>>> be like, then there is a different *kind* of problem. But either way,
>>> there is a big racial/racist problem with this thing. But, then again,
>>> I'm constantly told that only white people can be racist, so maybe I
>>> have this all wrong.
>>
>> No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
>> openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior, and
>> do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.
>
> Umm, no. Being racist does not require being backed by law and custom.

Now that's the voice of experience!

Ubiquitous

Feb 13, 2017, 9:17:17 AM2/13/17
pwal...@moviepig.com wrote:
>On 2/11/2017 1:21 PM, Jim G. wrote:
>> shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:
>>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 10:03:31 -0800 (PST), Ed Stasiak

>>> That's the promo. I have no problem with people complaining about the
>>> promo. My issue is with people complaining about the show when they
>>> haven't seen it and don't know what it's going to be like. The promo
>>> was an absolutely horrible idea and deserves to be derided. The show
>>> is still a relatively unknown quantity, especially given it's a
>>> satiracle comedy which doesn't come through from the promo.
>>
>> If the promo is representative of what the show will be like, then there
>> is a problem. If the promo is *not* representative of what the show will
>> be like, then there is a different *kind* of problem. But either way,
>> there is a big racial/racist problem with this thing. But, then again,
>> I'm constantly told that only white people can be racist, so maybe I
>> have this all wrong.
>
>No, black people can be racist, too. They can be racist whenever they
>openly and sincerely regard all white people as racially inferior,

Correct, as per the definition of racism.

>and do so with the full force of custom and, until recently, law.

Wrong.

--
I would rather listen to a herd of cats trying to climb a chalkboard
than the Left sore losers polluting the Grammys.

Ubiquitous

Feb 13, 2017, 9:24:09 AM2/13/17
Are you being obtuse b/c you lost the debate, or do you not know the meaning
of "racism"? I don't wish to jump to conclusions.

Ubiquitous

Feb 13, 2017, 9:31:43 AM2/13/17
jimg...@geemail.com.invalid wrote:
>shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 06:37 PM:
>> "Jim G." <jimg...@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> shawn sent the following on 02/11/2017 at 05:02 AM:
>> making the promos, but we know that the people making promos often
>> have nothing to do with making the actual shows.
>
>True, but I wasn't looking to assign blame. Rather, I was just pointing
>out that there is plenty of blame to be assigned.

Some more than others.
#ThanksObama

--
People who claim to oppose "homophobia" or other forms of prejudice often turn
out merely to want a monopoly on it.

moviePig

Feb 13, 2017, 10:40:54 AM2/13/17
It's safe for you to jump, the discussion's way over your head...

The Horny Goat

Feb 25, 2017, 8:41:13 PM2/25/17
On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 07:40:48 -0800, BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <o7i1kp$mb1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>> The racists are already lining up to feign outrage...just like they do
>> on rec.arts.tv
>
>Wow. Obveeus has come over to the light side and actually says something
>intelligent.
>
>Oh, wait. Something tells me his description of "feigned outrage" over
>TV shows like this from "racists" only applies to one side of the issue.

In fairness both of you have been at it for years - I remember you
both well from alt.tv.survivor