"Roseanne" officially returning as "The Conners"

David

Jun 21, 2018, 8:53:35 PM6/21/18
THE CONNERS CONTINUE

ABC Picks Up 'The Conners' (Working Title) Straight to Series to
Premiere This Fall

John Goodman ('Dan'), Laurie Metcalf ('Jackie'), Sara Gilbert
('Darlene'), Lecy Goranson ('Becky') and Michael Fishman ('D.J.') Are
Set to Star as Their Iconic Conner Characters

"The Conners" (working title), a spinoff of the groundbreaking family
comedy "Roseanne," has been greenlit to series with an order of 10
episodes for fall 2018. After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are
forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they
never have before. This iconic family - Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky
and D.J. - grapples with parenthood, dating, an unexpected pregnancy,
financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America.
Through it all, the fights, the coupon cutting, the hand-me-downs, the
breakdowns - with love, humor and perseverance, the family prevails.

The series, featuring John Goodman ("Dan"), Laurie Metcalf ("Jackie"),
Sara Gilbert ("Darlene"), Lecy Goranson ("Becky") and Michael Fishman
("D.J.") as their beloved Conner characters, is set to air Tuesdays
(8:00-8:30 p.m.). Additional cast members and a premiere date will be
announced later.

Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the
new series.

anim8rfsk

Jun 21, 2018, 10:06:59 PM6/21/18
In article <f3ioidtn2cf8pci12...@4ax.com>,
Except for the multi million dollar payoff she's getting to allow them
to make it in the first place.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ed Stasiak

Jun 21, 2018, 10:15:05 PM6/21/18
> anim8rfsk
> > David
> >
> > John Goodman ('Dan'), Laurie Metcalf ('Jackie'), Sara Gilbert
> > ('Darlene'), Lecy Goranson ('Becky') and Michael Fishman ('D.J.') Are
> > Set to Star as Their Iconic Conner Characters

So is the premiss that Rosanne was sent to a reeducation camp, or what?

> > Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the
> > new series.
>
> Except for the multi million dollar payoff she's getting to allow them
> to make it in the first place.

I thought she was stupidly giving up her multi-million dollar payoff because
some people complained on the internet?

anim8rfsk

Jun 21, 2018, 10:52:10 PM6/21/18
In article <7c2ace18-bdc3-4a94...@googlegroups.com>,
Ed Stasiak <esta...@att.net> wrote:

> > anim8rfsk
> > > David
> > >
> > > John Goodman ('Dan'), Laurie Metcalf ('Jackie'), Sara Gilbert
> > > ('Darlene'), Lecy Goranson ('Becky') and Michael Fishman ('D.J.') Are
> > > Set to Star as Their Iconic Conner Characters
>
> So is the premiss that Rosanne was sent to a reeducation camp, or what?

The Snowflakes who have already forgiven Peter Fonda for much worse
Tweeting won't settle for anything less than Roseanne's grisly death,
unless they get really creative and sentence her to a reeducation center
as you suggest, but that would leave the window open for her to return.

> > > Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the
> > > new series.
> >
> > Except for the multi million dollar payoff she's getting to allow them
> > to make it in the first place.
>
> I thought she was stupidly giving up her multi-million dollar payoff because
> some people complained on the internet?

From what I've read, she's giving up future profit participation,
residuals, etc., so they can make that claim that she has 'no financial
involvement' in the new series, but they're paying her what they're
calling 'go-away money'

All so the snowflakes can watch the new show guilt free. Are there
really that many snowflakes that want to see 'The Conners'?

Neill Massello

Jun 21, 2018, 10:57:38 PM6/21/18
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Except for the multi million dollar payoff she's getting to allow them
> to make it in the first place.

THR referenced "go-away money" but gave no numbers. "Barr will retain
all rights to her Roseanne Conner character and any future spinoffs
beyond The Conners or any future reboots of the original."

<https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/roseanne-spinoff-conners-officially-a-go-at-abc-1117397>

So maybe she left with a relatively amount of cash.

Neill Massello

Jun 21, 2018, 11:08:00 PM6/21/18
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Are there really that many snowflakes that want to see 'The Conners'?

I doubt it. Sounds like All In The Family without Archie. Maybe they'll
spice it up by having Dan marry tranny. I hear Jeffrey Tambor is
available.

FPP

Jun 22, 2018, 12:24:40 AM6/22/18
That's just anim trying to salvage some of his pride...

--
Mike Godwin
"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm

trotsky

Jun 22, 2018, 5:31:05 AM6/22/18
On 6/21/18 11:24 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 6/21/18 10:15 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk

>> So is the premiss that Rosanne was sent to a reeducation camp, or what?

>>> Except for the multi million dollar payoff she's getting to allow them
>>> to make it in the first place.
>>
>> I thought she was stupidly giving up her multi-million dollar payoff
>> because
>> some people complained on the internet?
>
> That's just anim trying to salvage some of his pride...

If they had any brains they'd have John Conner be part of the clan and
work it into the Terminator mythos. Oh and anim has swallowed most of
his pride, among other things.

Ubiquitous

Jun 22, 2018, 7:41:32 AM6/22/18
My prediction: Not only will there be no replacement for a President Trump
supporter, but the spinoff will double down on the President trump hatred.
The show will flop and everyone involved will sit around scratching their
heads and wondering "Whut happennned?!?!?!".

anim8rfsk

Jun 22, 2018, 10:06:24 AM6/22/18
In article <pgin99$rr9$9...@dont-email.me>,
Oh, absolutely. But Roseanne will have been paid in full up front!

Ed Stasiak

Jun 22, 2018, 11:19:27 AM6/22/18
> David
>
> Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the
> new series.

“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj”
— Roseanne Barr —

Has her tv show canceled within 24 hours and is forced to give up millions
of dollars so a spin-off tv show can be made without her (though the network
will still make its money) and is driven off the Internet.

Meanwhile;

“WE SHOULD RIP BARRON TRUMP FROM HIS MOTHER’S ARMS AND
PUT HIM IN A CAGE WITH PEDOPHILES AND SEE IF MOTHER WILL
WILL STAND UP AGAINST THE GIANT ASSHOLE SHE IS MARRIED TO.
90 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE STREETS ON THE SAME WEEKEND IN
THE COUNTRY. FUCK

“WE SHOULD HACK THIS SYSTEM, GET THE ADDRESSES OF THE ICE
AGENTS CBP AGENTS AND SURROUND THEIR HOMES IN PROTEST.
WE SHOULD FIND OUT WHAT SCHOOLS THEIR CHILDREN GO TO AND
SURROUND THE SCHOOLS IN PROTEST. THESE AGENTS ARE DOING
THIS CUZ THEY WANT TO DO IT. THEY LIKE DOING THIS. FUCK.”

“Sounds great. We don’t have to take the against kids, we only need to
surround their schools and scare the shit out of them and worry the fuck
out of the agents frm CBE ICE & REGULAR BORDER PATROL AGENTS.
WE NEED TO SCARE THE FUCK OUT OF THEM! NEED TO MAKE THEIR
CHILDREN WORRY NOW”

— Peter Fonda —

Apologies and and everything is forgiven, his movie will be released as scheduled.

moviePig

Jun 22, 2018, 12:49:26 PM6/22/18
Roseanne's is (purportedly) casual racism, while Fonda's is apoplexy.
Neither has, in semantic content, any contact with desired reality.

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

Ubiquitous

Jun 22, 2018, 2:00:15 PM6/22/18
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> My prediction: Not only will there be no replacement for a President Trump
>> supporter, but the spinoff will double down on the President Trump hatred.
>> The show will flop and everyone involved will sit around scratching their
>> heads and wondering "Whut happennned?!?!?!".
>
>Oh, absolutely. But Roseanne will have been paid in full up front!

If she profit for it, more power to her.

FPP

Jun 22, 2018, 4:36:19 PM6/22/18
Now show us the pattern, like Barr's, where Fonda has done this
repeatedly over a number of years.

Barry Margolin

Jun 22, 2018, 9:00:44 PM6/22/18
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "The Conners" (working title), a spinoff of the groundbreaking family
> comedy "Roseanne," has been greenlit to series with an order of 10
> episodes for fall 2018. After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are
> forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they
> never have before.

How about this?

The last season of the original series had Roseanne and Dan winning the
lottery, but in the finale she woke up and it was just a dream, and Dan
was dead.

So maybe next year they reveal that this past season was actually Dan's
dream, and Roseanne has actually been dead.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA

suzeeq

Jun 22, 2018, 9:15:19 PM6/22/18
That could work.

Lesmond

Jun 22, 2018, 11:39:51 PM6/22/18
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 08:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak wrote:

>> David
>>
>> Roseanne Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the
>> new series.
>
>ƒ muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vjƒ
>ƒ Roseanne Barr ƒ
>
>Has her tv show canceled within 24 hours and is forced to give up millions
>of dollars so a spin-off tv show can be made without her (though the network
>will still make its money) and is driven off the Internet.

Driven off the internet? I have yet to see proof of that. Regardless, she
had the number one network show in the country. People pay attention to
that. She turned out to be the same nutter she had proven to be years ago.

>Meanwhile;
>
>ƒ WE SHOULD RIP BARRON TRUMP FROM HIS MOTHERƒ S ARMS AND
>PUT HIM IN A CAGE WITH PEDOPHILES AND SEE IF MOTHER WILL
>WILL STAND UP AGAINST THE GIANT ASSHOLE SHE IS MARRIED TO.
>90 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE STREETS ON THE SAME WEEKEND IN
>THE COUNTRY. FUCK
>
>ƒ WE SHOULD HACK THIS SYSTEM, GET THE ADDRESSES OF THE ICE
>AGENTS CBP AGENTS AND SURROUND THEIR HOMES IN PROTEST.
>WE SHOULD FIND OUT WHAT SCHOOLS THEIR CHILDREN GO TO AND
>SURROUND THE SCHOOLS IN PROTEST. THESE AGENTS ARE DOING
>THIS CUZ THEY WANT TO DO IT. THEY LIKE DOING THIS. FUCK.ƒ
>
>ƒ Sounds great. We donƒ t have to take the against kids, we only need to
>surround their schools and scare the shit out of them and worry the fuck
>out of the agents frm CBE ICE & REGULAR BORDER PATROL AGENTS.
>WE NEED TO SCARE THE FUCK OUT OF THEM! NEED TO MAKE THEIR
>CHILDREN WORRY NOWƒ
>
>ƒ Peter Fonda ƒ
>
>Apologies and and everything is forgiven, his movie will be released as scheduled.

He is a doddering old drug damaged weirdo who's billed eighth in a movie no
one will ever see. And whom, exactly, has forgiven him? The movie studio
that didn't want to eat millions?

Do you understand what a false equivalency might be?

--
Do not spray into eyes
I have sprayed you into my eyes

trotsky

Jun 23, 2018, 6:59:55 AM6/23/18
That's weird, Thanny has been asked that same question eight hundred
million times.

---

NoBody

Jun 23, 2018, 9:51:28 AM6/23/18
Exactly how is that relevant given the craziness that Fonda displayed.
One might say it was criminal--because it was.

Ubiquitous

Jun 24, 2018, 11:42:30 AM6/24/18
bar...@alum.mit.edu wrote:
> David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> "The Conners" (working title), a spinoff of the groundbreaking family
>> comedy "Roseanne," has been greenlit to series with an order of 10
>> episodes for fall 2018. After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are
>> forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they
>> never have before.
>
>How about this?
>
>The last season of the original series had Roseanne and Dan winning the
>lottery, but in the finale she woke up and it was just a dream, and Dan
>was dead.
>
>So maybe next year they reveal that this past season was actually Dan's
>dream, and Roseanne has actually been dead.

It really doesn't matter because everything people liked about it will have
been replaced by a doubling down on what people dislike about Hollywood.

FPP

Jun 24, 2018, 3:57:21 PM6/24/18
On 6/24/18 11:39 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> bar...@alum.mit.edu wrote:
>> David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> "The Conners" (working title), a spinoff of the groundbreaking family
>>> comedy "Roseanne," has been greenlit to series with an order of 10
>>> episodes for fall 2018. After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are
>>> forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they
>>> never have before.
>>
>> How about this?
>>
>> The last season of the original series had Roseanne and Dan winning the
>> lottery, but in the finale she woke up and it was just a dream, and Dan
>> was dead.
>>
>> So maybe next year they reveal that this past season was actually Dan's
>> dream, and Roseanne has actually been dead.
>
> It really doesn't matter because everything people liked about it will have
> been replaced by a doubling down on what people dislike about Hollywood.

Exactly! Take the racist out of Roseanne, and the conservatives won't
want to watch it anymore!
You *DO* know that's the argument YOU just made, right?

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

Oh, oh... what's that? You DON'T realize that you just argued that if
you take the anti-Semitic racist out of the show, people like YOU won't
want to watch?

Now, THAT'S real comedy!