What Did You Watch? 2011-06-13 (Monday)

Obveeus

Jun 14, 2011, 9:31:31 AM6/14/11
Not much on TV Monday night, so I watched:

Teen Wolf: more questions being asked than getting answered. Apparently,
there are different wolf packs with different agendas. The only good line
of the episode was in response to the mom asking the two boys if they even
cared that there was a police curfew. Meanwhile, Alpha and Beta...wasn't
there a really bad animated movie about that distinction?

Tonight's scripted highlights for TV viewing include:
Memphis Beat: season premiere 9pm Eastern on TNT.
Nine Lives of Chloe King: series premiere 9pm Eastern (re-airing at 10pm
Eastern) on ABC Family.
Hawthorne: season premiere 10pm Eastern on TNT.
White Collar: 9pm Eastern on USA.
Covert Affairs: 10pm Eastern on USA.
Pretty Little Liars: season premiere 8pm Eastern on ABC Family.

What did you watch?

David Johnston

Jun 14, 2011, 10:01:57 AM6/14/11
On Jun 14, 7:31 am, "Obveeus" <Obve...@aol.com> wrote:

I was going to watch Teen Wolf but they had a movie about the early
days of Lloyd's of London on so, you know, priorities.

I also watched Endgame. The TV guide said it was the series finale so
I'm hoping they screwed up and got it wrong.

And Mythbusters. They tried to test whether you could swim in bubbly
water but didn't do a very good of it. But the B-Team did blow a tree
with explosives.

Default User

Jun 14, 2011, 10:51:54 AM6/14/11

"Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote in message

> What did you watch?

MasterChef. Final prelim round. No hot Asian lawyer chyks time. On to
Tuesday and the mass skills competition!

Caught up on some recorded stuff, mostly Craig Ferguson from last week.
Looking forward to the Paris street shows.

Brian
--
Day 859 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project
Current music playing: None.

Anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2011, 11:02:25 AM6/14/11
In article <it7nrl$eec$1...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> What did you watch?

We caught the two back to back eps of MASTERCHEF. The Asian lawyer
wasn't THAT hot. :) The sob stories are annoying - so what if somebody
in his family is sick? Why are all competition shows becoming Queen for
a Day? Tonight: chefs are eliminated totally on their knife skills,
which is just stupid; that alone was the determining factor that we
won't be watching this again.

Sanctuary. Gah! Another awful episode, almost abby normal free 'til
the very end, when suddenly the horrid Hollow Earth returns. The only
good part was the almost subliminal flashes of Hot Daughter - whatever
happened to her, anyway (actress, not daughter)?

Nice that this guy has a huge underground complex handy to where they
got infected. What the Hell is he DOING to them, anyway, with them in
two tanks not hooked up to anything at all? And why don't they have a
guard or a camera or a restraining strap on them? And by their own
explanation didn't they wake up too soon and have brain damage? And was
anybody on the staff even WATCHING this mess? Harry Potter says he's
never seen any of Helen's paintings - in the scene after he shoved his
way into her living room and saw her paintings. And since when does 'in
the backyard' mean 'thrown out' and 'it's okay to take'?

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Ian J. Ball

Jun 14, 2011, 11:19:33 AM6/14/11
wrote:

> What did you watch?

iParty With Victorious (recorded) - First things first: does this show
("iCarly") just regularly just ignore previous plot developments?! 'Cos
last thing I saw, Sam The Evil Little Blonde Girl kissed Freddy, but
there was, like, *no* follow-up to that here! So, was this episode out
of continuity? Are they showing them out of order?
If this was filmed a while ago, it would explain why Jade's hair was
back to normal... Well, either that or she changed it back from her
season #2 "Victorious" 'look' (which I don't care for!). And Jade was
pretty mild in this episode - not her usual bitchy self.
Anyway, interesting choice to have Cat mute for most of this episode
- maybe they felt the Cat character would overwhelm the "iCarly" crew?!
This episode was basically a trifle, and now represents twice, in
relatively short-order, that Tori has been "wronged" by a guy, and then
gotten even with him.
And what was the point of the Keanan Thompson cameo?!
I did like the title song sing-off 'mash-up' at the end - not only
did the usual suspects from both shows sing here, but they even got Sam
(iCarly) and Trina (Victorious) singing properly along with the rest!

The Soup (recorded) - I thought this was actually a pretty mediocre
episode. Yeah, sure - I liked Joel taking down both "Secret Life..." and
"Switched at Birth". But the show's not the same if it doesn't have
"Clippos Magnificos"... :(

Secret Life... (ABC Fam) - Wow, they just willy-nilly skipped over two
months of crucial plot development: so we don't even *see* Ricky & Amy
get together, or Ben & Adrian properly grieve for their child. And Grace
wasn't even in this episode (and neither were Jack, Madison and a bunch
of other people!). And then this ends with both Boykovitch's wanting out
of their marriages. Basically, this *sucked*. Quelle surprise.

Switched at Birth (ABC Fam) - Uh... I really have nothing to comment on
here. And, you know, that's really a bad sign for a show that's just
starting out.

I finished out the night with a rerun of the "Hawaii Five-0" with
Mariana Klaveno - I doubt I would even have watched this if she hadn't
been in it.

--
"Am I a bird? No, I'm a bat. I'm Batman. Or am I? Yes, I am Batman."
- Abed as "Batman" on "Halloween", "Community", 10/29/09

Windowwasher

Jun 14, 2011, 12:12:46 PM6/14/11
Monday is pretty boring. Waiting for Rizzoli and the Closer to punch up the
night. If they ordered 13 instead of 10 they could get through the summer
starting earlier.

Secret Life -- 2 months later. So Ben doesn't want to be married any longer.
Who could see that coming. And Leo doesn't want to be married to Betty and
his long time assistant is quitting 'cause she's in love with the Sausage
King. Amy and Ricky are living together. Adrian is beside herself with
grief. What a bummer this show is these days. I think killing the baby was a
mistake by the writers.

Switched at Birth -- more conflict. I guess this show will be all about the
constant conflict. I'm not sure that's the way to go with this. I really
like the two girls, but I more or less dislike all the parents for various
reasons. I noted the guest house in Kansas has no insulation. It's going to
get very cold even with the furnace running full blast in the winter. I
doubt it ever snows there or gets cold in this version of Kansas City.

Sea Patrol (eps 5 & 6) -- Chase is still nursing a bad shoulder and taking
illicit steroids. Jordan is involved with another troubled woman. Laura is
now sleeping with the Lifeblood douche. Lifeblood is trying to move in on
ground rescues. We find out that Lifeblood has the RSO chopper(s). In one of
the rescues of a drag queen parade, the contracted Lifeblood rescuers cause
an even greater problem and have to be rescued by RSO. Michelle calls in the
media but the Lifeblood head douche is better at spinning. Chase's drug use
somehow gets out and is used by Lifeblood to tarnish RSO. RSO's bid for a
stadium contract gets out because Laura told the Lifeblood douche and yet
she still sleeps with him. She's a loser and toxic waste afaiac. All men
should avoid her like the plague. When Jordan bugs out to save his troubled
honey during a surprise drug test, the media has a picnic. When the team
goes to find and rescue Jordan and his woman, Vince sees Chase nearly let
Jordan fall. Michelle and Vince have at both Chase and Dean and threatens to
sack them.

Windowwasher

Jun 14, 2011, 12:17:38 PM6/14/11
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote in message

> In article <it7nrl$eec$1...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> iParty With Victorious (recorded) - First things first: does this show
> ("iCarly") just regularly just ignore previous plot developments?! 'Cos
> last thing I saw, Sam The Evil Little Blonde Girl kissed Freddy, but
> there was, like, *no* follow-up to that here! So, was this episode out
> of continuity? Are they showing them out of order?
> If this was filmed a while ago, it would explain why Jade's hair was
> back to normal... Well, either that or she changed it back from her
> season #2 "Victorious" 'look' (which I don't care for!). And Jade was
> pretty mild in this episode - not her usual bitchy self.

They continue with new iCarly episodes in August iirc and will be dealing
with the Sam-Freddie coupling at that time. This was a special episode. I
have no idea when it was filmed.

> Switched at Birth (ABC Fam) - Uh... I really have nothing to comment on
> here. And, you know, that's really a bad sign for a show that's just
> starting out.

It was lackluster and that's being generous.

Windowwasher

Jun 14, 2011, 12:19:32 PM6/14/11
"Windowwasher" <window...@somewhere.com> wrote in message

> Sea Patrol (eps 5 & 6) -- Chase is still nursing a bad shoulder and taking
> illicit steroids. Jordan is involved with another troubled woman. Laura is
> now sleeping with the Lifeblood douche. Lifeblood is trying to move in on
> ground rescues. We find out that Lifeblood has the RSO chopper(s). In one
> of the rescues of a drag queen parade, the contracted Lifeblood rescuers
> cause an even greater problem and have to be rescued by RSO. Michelle
> calls in the media but the Lifeblood head douche is better at spinning.
> Chase's drug use somehow gets out and is used by Lifeblood to tarnish RSO.
> RSO's bid for a stadium contract gets out because Laura told the Lifeblood
> douche and yet she still sleeps with him. She's a loser and toxic waste
> afaiac. All men should avoid her like the plague. When Jordan bugs out to
> save his troubled honey during a surprise drug test, the media has a
> picnic. When the team goes to find and rescue Jordan and his woman, Vince
> sees Chase nearly let Jordan fall. Michelle and Vince have at both Chase
> and Dean and threatens to sack them.

Replace "Sea Patrol" above with "Rescue Special Ops".

Lord Vader III

Jun 14, 2011, 12:36:41 PM6/14/11

I watched episodes 3 - 8 of The Killing.

Overall its a pretty good show but the whole family story is starting
to get a bit tiring.

LVIII

Jun 14, 2011, 1:32:48 PM6/14/11

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

> We caught the two back to back eps of MASTERCHEF. The Asian lawyer
> wasn't THAT hot. :)

I thought she was. Tastes vary.

> Tonight: chefs are eliminated totally on their knife skills,
> which is just stupid; that alone was the determining factor that we
> won't be watching this again.

Probably not solely. There is a big winnowing stage where the prospective
chefs have to do a variety of prep tasks. It's a way to get down to a
managable subset. If it makes you feel better, most of the mercy entrants
will go.

Anim8rFSK

Jun 14, 2011, 1:38:06 PM6/14/11
In article <it81mp$ih1$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Windowwasher" <window...@somewhere.com> wrote:

Dammit! You FINALLY had Ian interested in "Sea Patrol"!

Pinstripe Sniper

Jun 14, 2011, 1:44:03 PM6/14/11
"Windowwasher" <window...@somewhere.com> wrote:
>Replace "Sea Patrol" above with "Rescue Special Ops".

:-) I've seen all the episodes of Sea Patrol (except for the very
latest which I will watch this week) and I was very confused by your
descriptions as I have been drinking rather heavily the past few
weeks. (distraught over Rep. Wiener's PR debacle :-)

Sea Patrol has been "okay" this season. I guess I am glad this is the
final season. I have to say I find watching Blue Heelers (an Aussie
cop show set in a rural town) much more enjoyable but then again I am
only into Season 2.

PsS

A fictional account of how to drastically reform the financial world...
More at http://PinstripeSniper.blogspot.com and if that gets banned, check
www.PinstripeSniper.com

Message has been deleted

Mason Barge

Jun 14, 2011, 2:13:00 PM6/14/11
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:02:25 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

>In article <it7nrl$eec$1...@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
>We caught the two back to back eps of MASTERCHEF. The Asian lawyer
>wasn't THAT hot. :) The sob stories are annoying - so what if somebody
>in his family is sick? Why are all competition shows becoming Queen for
>a Day?

It makes me cringe. The worst are the ones who actually announce it on
stage. "I'm 78 years old!" "This is for my daughter who means everything
to me!" (ignoring the fact that the contestant has voluntarily separated
herself from said daughter for weeks or months to win some hokey contest).

You're lucky (okay, smart AND lucky) you don't watch American Idol. They
whip backstories to death.

Mason Barge

Jun 14, 2011, 2:17:52 PM6/14/11
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:31:31 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>Not much on TV Monday night, so I watched:
>
>Teen Wolf: more questions being asked than getting answered. Apparently,
>there are different wolf packs with different agendas. The only good line
>of the episode was in response to the mom asking the two boys if they even
>cared that there was a police curfew. Meanwhile, Alpha and Beta...wasn't
>there a really bad animated movie about that distinction?

I actually watched part of this. It wasn't too bad, despite all the soap
opera hokum (mostly where that one guy acts like the other guy has
committed a social felony by bowling a gutterball, then getting completely
bent out of shape when teenwolf starts hitting strikes).

I would have watched the whole epi except I got sleepy.

>Tonight's scripted highlights for TV viewing include:
>Memphis Beat: season premiere 9pm Eastern on TNT.
>Nine Lives of Chloe King: series premiere 9pm Eastern (re-airing at 10pm
>Eastern) on ABC Family.
>Hawthorne: season premiere 10pm Eastern on TNT.
>White Collar: 9pm Eastern on USA.
>Covert Affairs: 10pm Eastern on USA.
>Pretty Little Liars: season premiere 8pm Eastern on ABC Family.

Thanks for the heads up, although I have White Collar on permanent "series
record".

Amazingly, Comcast remembers series-record commands from season to season.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jim T.

Jun 14, 2011, 10:11:41 PM6/14/11
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:32:48 -0500, "Default User"
<defaul...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>> We caught the two back to back eps of MASTERCHEF. The Asian lawyer
>> wasn't THAT hot. :)
>
>I thought she was. Tastes vary.
>
>> Tonight: chefs are eliminated totally on their knife skills,
>> which is just stupid; that alone was the determining factor that we
>> won't be watching this again.
>
>Probably not solely. There is a big winnowing stage where the prospective
>chefs have to do a variety of prep tasks. It's a way to get down to a
>managable subset. If it makes you feel better, most of the mercy entrants
>will go.

You can bet they let through the ones they think have real talent (or
TV presence) even if they fucked up the chopping challenge somewhat.

Ubiquitous

Jun 15, 2011, 5:56:26 AM6/15/11
davidjo...@yahoo.com wrote:

>And Mythbusters. They tried to test whether you could swim in bubbly
>water but didn't do a very good of it. But the B-Team did blow a tree
>with explosives.

I guess that's one way to avoid getting splinters in ones mouth.

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

Ubiquitous

Jun 15, 2011, 5:58:56 AM6/15/11
mason...@gmail.com wrote:

>It makes me cringe. The worst are the ones who actually announce it
>on stage. "I'm 78 years old!" "This is for my daughter who means
>everything to me!" (ignoring the fact that the contestant has
>voluntarily separated herself from said daughter for weeks or months
>to win some hokey contest).

On a related note, whenever a contestant whines about wanting to go
home, it should automatically be granted,

Ubiquitous

Jun 15, 2011, 5:54:04 AM6/15/11

Mason Barge

Jun 15, 2011, 12:08:42 PM6/15/11
On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 04:58:56 -0500, web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote:

>mason...@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>It makes me cringe. The worst are the ones who actually announce it
>>on stage. "I'm 78 years old!" "This is for my daughter who means
>>everything to me!" (ignoring the fact that the contestant has
>>voluntarily separated herself from said daughter for weeks or months
>>to win some hokey contest).
>
>On a related note, whenever a contestant whines about wanting to go
>home, it should automatically be granted,

Last night on America's Got Talent this reached a new low, with a dozen
adorable blond children running out onto stage to hug their daddies, who
formed a truly mediocre, wedding-reception level band.

Ubiquitous

Jun 15, 2011, 5:54:04 AM6/15/11
In article <WqGdncN-gdgAM2XQ...@giganews.com>, web...@polaris.net
wrote:

>>What did you watch?

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY:
Reunion, part one.

THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY:
Reunion, part two.

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA:
"Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare"

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA:
"Mac Bangs Dennis's Mom"

Anim8rFSK

Jun 18, 2011, 10:12:52 PM6/18/11
In article <it81a2$frd$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Windowwasher" <window...@somewhere.com> wrote:

> Sea Patrol (eps 5 & 6) -- Chase is still nursing a bad shoulder and taking
> illicit steroids. Jordan is involved with another troubled woman. Laura is
> now sleeping with the Lifeblood douche. Lifeblood is trying to move in on
> ground rescues. We find out that Lifeblood has the RSO chopper(s).

But what's the big deal about the secret fuel deal RSO has, if they
don't have a chopper?

In one of
> the rescues of a drag queen parade,

I was waiting for one of the drag queens to be the improbably tall
minister

the contracted Lifeblood rescuers cause
> an even greater problem and have to be rescued by RSO. Michelle calls in the
> media but the Lifeblood head douche is better at spinning. Chase's drug use
> somehow gets out and is used by Lifeblood to tarnish RSO.

I'm ... not sure that's what happened. The Lifeblood guy had heard the
drug rumours a week before ... how much time is supposed to have passed?
It's the next day after our hero hooked up with this week's crazy girl.
Is he supposed to have been trying to get ahold of her for a week? My
first thought was that she started the using rumours, but she didn't
fess up to it. The rumour was about hard partying, but she knew Jordan
was buying steroids. On the other hand, Chase shouldn't be having 'roid
rage on day 2 ... and the Lifeblood guy said he heard the rumours but
denied spreading them.

RSO's bid for a
> stadium contract gets out because Laura told the Lifeblood douche and yet

Dear God. Chiana tells the competition which contracts they're bidding
for, and then is pissed off that he told his boss? "That was supposed
to be confidential" - what the Hell?

> she still sleeps with him. She's a loser and toxic waste afaiac. All men
> should avoid her like the plague.

But but but ... Chiana!

When Jordan bugs out to save his troubled
> honey during a surprise drug test, the media has a picnic. When the team
> goes to find and rescue Jordan and his woman, Vince sees Chase nearly let

On the other hand, Chase got there first ... if Chase had NOT been with
them, Jordan would have fallen for sure.

> Jordan fall. Michelle and Vince have at both Chase and Dean and threatens to
> sack them.

I'm not sure that a drug test for party drugs like E and speed is gonna
turn up HGH anyway.

Why the hell is Chase worried about losing his job? Lifeblood will hire
him in a second. :)

I forget how Chase hurt his arm in the first place? Was it in the line
of duty?

Message has been deleted