Netflix's "Grace and Frankie" new season trailer

David

Dec 20, 2017, 11:11:59 AM12/20/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKMC6HViGTM

They've got each other. In co-independence. Grace and Frankie returns
January 19 on Netflix.

Obveeus

Dec 20, 2017, 11:34:56 AM12/20/17
Looking forward to it...but Netflix has several other big items coming
before then including PEAKY BLINDERS tomorrow and BRIGHT on Friday and
LOVESICK on January 1st.

Meanwhile, for Anim8r, there is FULLER HOUSE this Friday and BILL NYE
the following Friday.

Breezy Kildare

Dec 20, 2017, 11:37:01 AM12/20/17
No Homo's ... Only Old Liberal WHORES ... Doomed in the Ratings!

anim8rfsk

Dec 20, 2017, 4:19:12 PM12/20/17
In article <p1e3fb$2c4$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
I actually don't think those are worse than Grace and Frankie Lane
Mysteries.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Obveeus

Dec 20, 2017, 4:37:33 PM12/20/17

On 12/20/2017 4:19 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p1e3fb$2c4$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/20/2017 11:12 AM, David wrote:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKMC6HViGTM
>>>
>>> They've got each other. In co-independence. Grace and Frankie returns
>>> January 19 on Netflix.
>>
>> Looking forward to it...but Netflix has several other big items coming
>> before then including PEAKY BLINDERS tomorrow and BRIGHT on Friday and
>> LOVESICK on January 1st.
>>
>> Meanwhile, for Anim8r, there is FULLER HOUSE this Friday and BILL NYE
>> the following Friday.
>
> I actually don't think those are worse than Grace and Frankie Lane
> Mysteries.

GRACE AND FRANKIE is unique in its celebration of the elderly.

Side note: I saw a list of ideas on how to make your Netflix experience
better:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/netflix-streaming-hacks_us_5a37f49de4b040881becf451

The list was mostly useless stuff, but it did offer up:

Netflix Roulette (works for HBO, Showtime, Amazon, Hulu, and Starz as
well) so you can solve that 'what to watch next' dilemma:
https://reelgood.com/roulette/netflix

and Super Netflix...a Chrome add-on that lets you change the speed of
the Netflix stream (from 0.5x to 4x) as well as changing
brightness/contrast/saturation, allows importing subtitles, allows
changing the Netflix server, and even displays streaming info:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-netflix/aioencjhbaolepcoappllicjebblphoc?hl=en

anim8rfsk

Dec 20, 2017, 10:51:52 PM12/20/17
In article <p1el6r$ccb$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/20/2017 4:19 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p1e3fb$2c4$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Looking forward to it...but Netflix has several other big items coming
> >> before then including PEAKY BLINDERS tomorrow and BRIGHT on Friday and
> >> LOVESICK on January 1st.
> >>
> >> Meanwhile, for Anim8r, there is FULLER HOUSE this Friday and BILL NYE
> >> the following Friday.
> >
> > I actually don't think those are worse than Grace and Frankie Lane
> > Mysteries.
>
> GRACE AND FRANKIE is unique in its celebration of the elderly.

I don't want Jane Fonda celebrated, I want her arrested, tried,
convicted, and executed.

Plus I watched the one with blonde Natalie Morales and it was lousy.

> Side note: I saw a list of ideas on how to make your Netflix experience
> better:
> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/netflix-streaming-hacks_us_5a37f49de4b040
> 881becf451
>
> The list was mostly useless stuff,

Of course it was, it was the Huff.

but it did offer up:

> Netflix Roulette (works for HBO, Showtime, Amazon, Hulu, and Starz as
> well) so you can solve that 'what to watch next' dilemma:
> https://reelgood.com/roulette/netflix

LOL, okay, on default settings I click SPIN and ...
OMG! Deep Blue Sea! That was *awful*!!!

In four more spins it offered up GLOW which leads me to believe this
isn't actually random.

Okay, setting to "Science Fiction TV shows >5 score on IMDb"
Black Mirror (I watched one ep)
Star-Crossed (that was awful)
Luke Cage
Travelers
Dark Matter

Let's up the score to >9
Twilight Zone
and ... that's it. Really? Twilight Zone is the *only* sci-fi TV show
rated more than 9??? Huh. Even Star Trek is only 8.3.
Switching that to movies. Wow. Netflix has NO sci-fi movies rated over
9. Moving down to >8 ... only two movies qualify, Young Frankenschteen
and Metropolis.
Film Noir over 9 yields nothing. Over 8 yields only Sunset Boulevard.
Same for >7. Same for >6. Same for the final setting, >5. Holy crap.
Same for "any score" - The Netflix only has ONE film-noir movie???

I think what I've learned here is that The Netflix is weak on quality
sci-fi and film noir.

> and Super Netflix...a Chrome add-on that lets you change the speed of
> the Netflix stream (from 0.5x to 4x) as well as changing
> brightness/contrast/saturation, allows importing subtitles, allows
> changing the Netflix server, and even displays streaming info:
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-netflix/aioencjhbaolepcoapplli
> cjebblphoc?hl=en

Geez. Too bad I have a zero tolerance policy on Chrome. What I *want*
to do with Netflix is enable zoom/stretch on 4:3 stuff.

But I don't want to watch The Netflix on the computer anyway. I wonder
if all that stuff can be dumped through your AppleTV or whatever to
watch on a real TV set?

Obveeus

Dec 20, 2017, 11:34:55 PM12/20/17

On 12/20/2017 10:51 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p1el6r$ccb$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:

>> Side note: I saw a list of ideas on how to make your Netflix experience
>> better:
>> https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/netflix-streaming-hacks_us_5a37f49de4b040
>> 881becf451
>>
>> The list was mostly useless stuff,
>
> Of course it was, it was the Huff.
>
> but it did offer up:
>>
>> Netflix Roulette (works for HBO, Showtime, Amazon, Hulu, and Starz as
>> well) so you can solve that 'what to watch next' dilemma:
>> https://reelgood.com/roulette/netflix
>
> LOL, okay, on default settings I click SPIN and ...
> OMG! Deep Blue Sea! That was *awful*!!!

Um...what were you expecting from a game of roulette?

> In four more spins it offered up GLOW which leads me to believe this
> isn't actually random.
>
> Okay, setting to "Science Fiction TV shows >5 score on IMDb"
> Black Mirror (I watched one ep)
> Star-Crossed (that was awful)
> Luke Cage
> Travelers
> Dark Matter
>
> Let's up the score to >9
> Twilight Zone
> and ... that's it. Really? Twilight Zone is the *only* sci-fi TV show
> rated more than 9??? Huh. Even Star Trek is only 8.3.
> Switching that to movies. Wow. Netflix has NO sci-fi movies rated over
> 9.

Looking at IMDB, there are only 4 films rated over 9: THE GODFATHER
PART 2, THE DARK KNIGHT, THE GODFATHER, and THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?groups=top_250&sort=user_rating

Moving down to >8 ... only two movies qualify, Young Frankenschteen
> and Metropolis.
> Film Noir over 9 yields nothing. Over 8 yields only Sunset Boulevard.
> Same for >7. Same for >6. Same for the final setting, >5. Holy crap.
> Same for "any score" - The Netflix only has ONE film-noir movie???
>
> I think what I've learned here is that The Netflix is weak on quality
> sci-fi and film noir.

Did you try any of those same searches with Amazon or Hulu?
Overall, I think you have to have the DVD side of Netflix to get highly
rated films because the studios don't make those available streaming.
Of course, looking at the top 4 films on the IMDB ratings also tells me
that the absolutes in terms of 'best' don't mean much as none of those
films would make my Top20 and THE DARK KNIGHT wouldn't even make my Top200.

>> and Super Netflix...a Chrome add-on that lets you change the speed of
>> the Netflix stream (from 0.5x to 4x) as well as changing
>> brightness/contrast/saturation, allows importing subtitles, allows
>> changing the Netflix server, and even displays streaming info:
>> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-netflix/aioencjhbaolepcoapplli
>> cjebblphoc?hl=en
>
> Geez. Too bad I have a zero tolerance policy on Chrome. What I *want*
> to do with Netflix is enable zoom/stretch on 4:3 stuff.

Ack...why are you watching 4:3 stuff on Netflix anyway? You've already
seen it...exercise the grey matter on something new.

> But I don't want to watch The Netflix on the computer anyway. I wonder
> if all that stuff can be dumped through your AppleTV or whatever to
> watch on a real TV set?

I can attach my laptop to my TV and use the TV as a second monitor.

anim8rfsk

Dec 21, 2017, 1:07:17 AM12/21/17
In article <p1fdld$8fm$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Of all movies ever? Wow.

> Moving down to >8 ... only two movies qualify, Young Frankenschteen
> > and Metropolis.
> > Film Noir over 9 yields nothing. Over 8 yields only Sunset Boulevard.
> > Same for >7. Same for >6. Same for the final setting, >5. Holy crap.
> > Same for "any score" - The Netflix only has ONE film-noir movie???
> >
> > I think what I've learned here is that The Netflix is weak on quality
> > sci-fi and film noir.
>
> Did you try any of those same searches with Amazon or Hulu?
> Overall, I think you have to have the DVD side of Netflix to get highly
> rated films because the studios don't make those available streaming.

Yeah, I noted that "Netflix" didn't differentiate.

Amazon only has 4 noir films over 7. Even at >6 I haven't heard of most
of them. Where are the Maltese Falcons of the world?

> Of course, looking at the top 4 films on the IMDB ratings also tells me
> that the absolutes in terms of 'best' don't mean much as none of those
> films would make my Top20 and THE DARK KNIGHT wouldn't even make my Top200.
>
> >> and Super Netflix...a Chrome add-on that lets you change the speed of
> >> the Netflix stream (from 0.5x to 4x) as well as changing
> >> brightness/contrast/saturation, allows importing subtitles, allows
> >> changing the Netflix server, and even displays streaming info:
> >> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-netflix/aioencjhbaolepcoapp
> >> lli
> >> cjebblphoc?hl=en
> >
> > Geez. Too bad I have a zero tolerance policy on Chrome. What I *want*
> > to do with Netflix is enable zoom/stretch on 4:3 stuff.
>
> Ack...why are you watching 4:3 stuff on Netflix anyway? You've already
> seen it...exercise the grey matter on something new.
>
> > But I don't want to watch The Netflix on the computer anyway. I wonder
> > if all that stuff can be dumped through your AppleTV or whatever to
> > watch on a real TV set?
>
> I can attach my laptop to my TV and use the TV as a second monitor.

Obveeus

Dec 21, 2017, 12:20:14 PM12/21/17
Yep...people are hash critics.

>> Moving down to >8 ... only two movies qualify, Young Frankenschteen
>>> and Metropolis.
>>> Film Noir over 9 yields nothing. Over 8 yields only Sunset Boulevard.
>>> Same for >7. Same for >6. Same for the final setting, >5. Holy crap.
>>> Same for "any score" - The Netflix only has ONE film-noir movie???
>>>
>>> I think what I've learned here is that The Netflix is weak on quality
>>> sci-fi and film noir.
>>
>> Did you try any of those same searches with Amazon or Hulu?
>> Overall, I think you have to have the DVD side of Netflix to get highly
>> rated films because the studios don't make those available streaming.
>
> Yeah, I noted that "Netflix" didn't differentiate.

I think the Netflix stuff being covered is only the streaming side.

> Amazon only has 4 noir films over 7. Even at >6 I haven't heard of most
> of them. Where are the Maltese Falcons of the world?

On DVD only because the studios generally don't let their classics stream.

Obveeus

Dec 27, 2017, 2:56:58 PM12/27/17

On 12/21/2017 1:07 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p1fdld$8fm$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/20/2017 10:51 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> Let's up the score to >9
>>> Twilight Zone
>>> and ... that's it. Really? Twilight Zone is the *only* sci-fi TV show
>>> rated more than 9??? Huh. Even Star Trek is only 8.3.
>>> Switching that to movies. Wow. Netflix has NO sci-fi movies rated over
>>> 9.
>>
>> Looking at IMDB, there are only 4 films rated over 9: THE GODFATHER
>> PART 2, THE DARK KNIGHT, THE GODFATHER, and THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.
>> http://www.imdb.com/search/title?groups=top_250&sort=user_rating
>
> Of all movies ever? Wow.

Just a week back I was pointing out that the streaming sights don't tend
to get access to *really* high rated shows, no matter how old they are.
Today, I looked at what was coming to Netflix in January and 3 of the
all time top 4 (SHAWSHANK, THE GODFATHER, and THE GODFATHER PART II) are
all headed to Netflix streaming as of January 1st.

anim8rfsk

Dec 27, 2017, 3:07:59 PM12/27/17
In article <p20tu7$o6s$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Isn't that only 3?

mog...@hotmail.com

Dec 27, 2017, 3:17:16 PM12/27/17
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 4:19:12 PM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p1e3fb$2c4$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 12/20/2017 11:12 AM, David wrote:
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKMC6HViGTM
> > >
> > > They've got each other. In co-independence. Grace and Frankie returns
> > > January 19 on Netflix.
> >
> > Looking forward to it...but Netflix has several other big items coming
> > before then including PEAKY BLINDERS tomorrow and BRIGHT on Friday and
> > LOVESICK on January 1st.
> >
> > Meanwhile, for Anim8r, there is FULLER HOUSE this Friday and BILL NYE
> > the following Friday.
>
> I actually don't think those are worse than Grace and Frankie Lane
> Mysteries.

Book or film?

Obveeus

Dec 27, 2017, 3:39:29 PM12/27/17
Yes...which is why I wrote '3 of the all time top 4'. If you want to
watch THE DARK KNIGHT you are out of luck...which is no big deal because
it was a mediocre movie. Of course, Netflix is adding 5 other BATMAN
films on January 1st and they are all lousy as well.

anim8rfsk

Dec 27, 2017, 4:04:53 PM12/27/17
In article <p210du$v6m$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
But 5 Bring It On movies!