Corrie Orient Express spoiler!

Nick

Jan 3, 2011, 3:17:53 PM1/3/11
Deirdre revealed the end of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient
Express tonight.

Many people reading the novel or about to watch one of the adaptations
will be *so* grateful!

Nick

Roger Traviss

Jan 3, 2011, 4:25:56 PM1/3/11

One would think that as it's been seen on TV, in various adaptations, dozens
of times, that everyone would know how it ends by now.

The butler dunnit!

--
Happy New Year
Roger Traviss

Photos of the late GER: -
http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/

For more photos not in the above album and kitbashes etc..:-
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/rogertra/Great_Eastern/

Mudge

Jan 3, 2011, 4:28:22 PM1/3/11
On 2011-01-03 14:25:56 -0700, Roger Traviss said:

> One would think that as it's been seen on TV, in various adaptations,
> dozens of times, that everyone would know how it ends by now.
>
> The butler dunnit!

Was there a butler innit ?

--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in Calgary)
Remove noxious CO2 - plant many trees

Roger Traviss

Jan 3, 2011, 5:12:12 PM1/3/11

>> One would think that as it's been seen on TV, in various adaptations,
>> dozens of times, that everyone would know how it ends by now.
>>
>> The butler dunnit!
>
> Was there a butler innit ?

There is now. :-)

S. LaRocca

Jan 3, 2011, 5:37:17 PM1/3/11
On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:28:22 -0700, Mudge wrote:

> Was there a butler innit ?

Yes, and the buzz on the street says his name is Jeeves Ortega.

--
Never trust a fat guy who says, "I don't like donuts." He's probably
lying.

Nick

Jan 3, 2011, 6:03:57 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 9:25 pm, "Roger Traviss" <roger...@highspeedplus.com> wrote:
> "> Deirdre revealed the end of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient
>
> > Express tonight.
>
> > Many people reading the novel or about to watch one of the adaptations
> > will be *so* grateful!
>
> One would think that as it's been seen on TV, in various adaptations, dozens
> of times, that everyone would know how it ends by now.
>
> The butler dunnit!

butbutbut there's *al*ways someone wot 'as NOT seen it like a little
boy or girl who got the book as a Christmas prezzie and wotnot!

Nick

MartinS

Jan 3, 2011, 6:41:13 PM1/3/11
Nick <anda...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

Luckily I watched the David Suchet version last week.

--
Martin S.

Nick

Jan 3, 2011, 6:46:39 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 11:41 pm, MartinS <m...@my.place> wrote:

Ah, so YOU didn't know the ending?

I watched the Masterpiece version on YouTube (I have IPlayer
problems).
Can't talk because of spoilers! :-D

Nick

GordonD

Jan 3, 2011, 6:53:18 PM1/3/11
"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

The Albert Finney version is much better.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

David / Amicus

Jan 3, 2011, 7:50:34 PM1/3/11
I loved how everyone did it!

And the play on the alphabet.

Ophelia

Jan 4, 2011, 3:51:20 AM1/4/11

"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

Well, I have never seen it and I don't need to now!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Nick

Jan 4, 2011, 4:41:43 AM1/4/11
On Jan 4, 8:51 am, "Ophelia" <Ophe...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote:
> "MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

> > Nick <andar...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
> >> Deirdre revealed the end of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient
> >> Express tonight.
>
> >> Many people reading the novel or about to watch one of the adaptations
> >> will be *so* grateful!
>
> > Luckily I watched the David Suchet version last week.
>
> Well, I have never seen it and I don't need to now!
> --
> --https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Beware of spiolers!

Nick

Andy S

Jan 4, 2011, 7:08:32 AM1/4/11

> The Albert Finney version is much better.
> --
> Gordon Davie
> Edinburgh, Scotland

S'funny how nobody ever mentions the Alfred Molina version :-)

Andy S

Nick

Jan 4, 2011, 8:35:56 AM1/4/11

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279250/

Jeepers - thanks, Andy - I've seen the other two so don't tell me what
happens! ;-)

Nick

GordonD

Jan 4, 2011, 10:03:45 AM1/4/11
"Andy S" <andy_s...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well, as Doc Oc he could have stabbed the guy six times simultaneously on
his own!

--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Waldo Centini

Jan 4, 2011, 12:33:40 PM1/4/11
Op 4-1-2011 0:41, MartinS schreef:

>> Deirdre revealed the end of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient
>> Express tonight.
>>
>> Many people reading the novel or about to watch one of the adaptations
>> will be *so* grateful!
>
> Luckily I watched the David Suchet version last week.

Was he in Corrie?

--

Waldo Centini

*** He Who Lives Longest Drinks Most ***

Waldo Centini

Jan 4, 2011, 12:34:27 PM1/4/11
Op 4-1-2011 13:08, Andy S schreef:

>> The Albert Finney version is much better.
>>

> S'funny how nobody ever mentions the Alfred Molina version

With his brother Se?

MartinS

Jan 4, 2011, 12:44:04 PM1/4/11
Waldo Centini <"waldo[REMOVE-SPAM]centini"@gmail.com> wrote:
> MartinS schreef:
>
>>> Deirdre revealed the end of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient
>>> Express tonight.

Deirdre thought it was Death On The Nile, but Ken corrected her.

>>> Many people reading the novel or about to watch one of the
>>> adaptations will be *so* grateful!
>>
>> Luckily I watched the David Suchet version last week.
>
> Was he in Corrie?

No, but he was a Blott On The Landscape.

--
Martin S.

Ophelia

Jan 4, 2011, 12:58:26 PM1/4/11

"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa Terry then?
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Mudge

Jan 4, 2011, 2:43:43 PM1/4/11

David Suchet does good work in almost everything he does - except as
that weasle !!!!

--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in Calgary)

Eat Cow, Drill Oil, Rope Calves, Live Free

Nick

Jan 4, 2011, 3:28:23 PM1/4/11
On Jan 4, 7:43 pm, Mudge <Nos...@never.ever> wrote:
> On 2011-01-03 16:41:13 -0700, MartinS said:
>
> > Nick <andar...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
> >> Deirdre revealed the end of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient
> >> Express tonight.
>
> >> Many people reading the novel or about to watch one of the adaptations
> >> will be *so* grateful!
>
> > Luckily I watched the David Suchet version last week.
>
> David Suchet does good work in almost everything he does - except as
> that weasle !!!!

LOL, not a fan then!

Nick

Mudge

Jan 4, 2011, 4:42:52 PM1/4/11
On 2011-01-04 13:28:23 -0700, Nick said:

Not of Suchet as that weasle Belgian defective, that's for sure !

David / Amicus

Jan 4, 2011, 7:29:26 PM1/4/11
Speaking of Alfred Molina - here in the USA he plays a Deputy District
Attorney in the series "L&O:LA" - "Law and Order: Los Angeles".

His character alternates with another DA every other week.

Nick

Jan 4, 2011, 8:23:21 PM1/4/11
On Jan 4, 9:42 pm, Mudge <Nos...@never.ever> wrote:
> On 2011-01-04 13:28:23 -0700, Nick said:

> >> David Suchet does good work in almost everything he does - except as
> >> that weasle !!!!
>
> > LOL, not a fan then!
>
> Not of Suchet as that weasle Belgian defective, that's for sure !
>
> --

<g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
Not to mention Tony Randall!

Nick

Roger Traviss

Jan 4, 2011, 10:18:02 PM1/4/11
> Not of Suchet as that weasle Belgian defective, that's for sure !
>
> --

<g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
Not to mention Tony Randall!

-----------------------------------

Those three suck. Suchet IS the best.

MartinS

Jan 4, 2011, 11:00:30 PM1/4/11
Nick <anda...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> <g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
> Not to mention Tony Randall!

I would like to state categorically that I've never been grabbed by Albert
Finney. Not to mention Peter Ustinov or Tony Randall.

--
Martin S.

Nick

Jan 5, 2011, 2:54:52 AM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 4:00 am, MartinS <m...@my.place> wrote:

LOL

Nick

Nick

Jan 5, 2011, 2:56:28 AM1/5/11
On Jan 5, 3:18 am, "Roger Traviss" <roger...@highspeedplus.com> wrote:
> > Not of Suchet as that weasle Belgian defective, that's for sure !
>
> > --
>
> <g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
> Not to mention Tony Randall!
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Those three suck.  Suchet IS the best.

We forgot Molina - how d'ya think he fared as Poirot?

Nick

Nick

Jan 5, 2011, 2:58:47 AM1/5/11
On Jan 4, 12:50 am, Ami...@webtv.net (David / Amicus) wrote:
> I loved how everyone did it!

Girls, take David's trousers down and thwack 'im! :-D

> And the play on the alphabet.

was in The ABC Murders!

Nick

Nick

Jan 5, 2011, 2:59:43 AM1/5/11
On Jan 4, 7:43 pm, Mudge <Nos...@never.ever> wrote:
> On 2011-01-03 16:41:13 -0700, MartinS said:
>
> > Nick <andar...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
> >> Deirdre revealed the end of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient
> >> Express tonight.
>
> >> Many people reading the novel or about to watch one of the adaptations
> >> will be *so* grateful!
>
> > Luckily I watched the David Suchet version last week.
>
> David Suchet does good work in almost everything he does - except as
> that weasle !!!!

Molina may have bin an excellent weasle!

Nick

GordonD

Jan 5, 2011, 5:32:28 AM1/5/11
"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

So you've never been grabbed by the Poirots.

Mudge

Jan 5, 2011, 3:21:58 PM1/5/11
On 2011-01-04 18:23:21 -0700, Nick said:

> <g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
> Not to mention Tony Randall!

Peter Ustinov was just great - Finney and Randall barely acceptable

Mudge

Jan 5, 2011, 3:22:36 PM1/5/11
On 2011-01-04 20:18:02 -0700, Roger Traviss said:

> Those three suck. Suchet IS the best.

Uuuuuuurrrrrchhhhhh !

GordonD

Jan 5, 2011, 4:16:12 PM1/5/11
"Mudge" <Nos...@never.ever> wrote in message

> On 2011-01-04 18:23:21 -0700, Nick said:
>
>> <g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
>> Not to mention Tony Randall!
>
> Peter Ustinov was just great - Finney and Randall barely acceptable

I thought Ustinov was entirely wrong for the part - Poirot isn't a fat man
with white hair; he's much more like David Suchet in appearance.

Roger Traviss

Jan 5, 2011, 4:44:27 PM1/5/11
>>> <g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
>>> Not to mention Tony Randall!
>>
>> Peter Ustinov was just great - Finney and Randall barely acceptable
>

> I thought Ustinov was entirely wrong for the part - Poirot isn't a fat man
> with white hair; he's much more like David Suchet in appearance.

And very prissy. Which Suchet does so well. Suchet loves the role, even
though it involves wearing a hot and uncomfortable "fat suit" and doesn't
demand his movie actor fees but, I believe, does it for "scale".

MartinS

Jan 5, 2011, 4:56:59 PM1/5/11
"Roger Traviss" <roge...@highspeedplus.com> wrote:

>>> Peter Ustinov was just great - Finney and Randall barely acceptable
>>
>> I thought Ustinov was entirely wrong for the part - Poirot isn't a
>> fat man with white hair; he's much more like David Suchet in
>> appearance.
>
> And very prissy. Which Suchet does so well. Suchet loves the role,
> even though it involves wearing a hot and uncomfortable "fat suit" and
> doesn't demand his movie actor fees but, I believe, does it for
> "scale".

I like his little prissy moustache.

--
Martin S.

Mudge

Jan 5, 2011, 5:45:53 PM1/5/11
On 2011-01-05 14:16:12 -0700, GordonD said:

> I thought Ustinov was entirely wrong for the part - Poirot isn't a fat
> man with white hair; he's much more like David Suchet in appearance.

Ahhh - so you are adopting one of R Enzo's laws to Poirot when he is,
in fact, a fictional character - unlike those in Corrie who are all
real in the Coronation Street documentary series !!!!

--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in Calgary)

Remove noxious CO2 - plant many trees

Nick

Jan 6, 2011, 3:39:04 AM1/6/11
On Jan 5, 3:18 am, "Roger Traviss" <roger...@highspeedplus.com> wrote:
> > Not of Suchet as that weasle Belgian defective, that's for sure !
>
> > --
>
> <g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
> Not to mention Tony Randall!
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Those three suck.  Suchet IS the best.
>
> --

The Alphabet Murders starring Tony Randall was woeful, but had one
outstanding scene; Poirot (Tony Randall) meets, fleetingly, Miss
Marple (Margaret Rutherford), easily the BEST Miss Marple!

Nick

GordonD

Jan 6, 2011, 4:32:02 AM1/6/11
"Nick" <anda...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Pah! Joan Hickson *is* Miss Marple. Agatha Christie said so, and she should
know!

(Before the pedants point out that AC never saw Joan Hickson playing Miss
Marple, they're right - but she did see Hickson in another role and told her
that she would be ideal for the part!)

Roger Traviss

Jan 6, 2011, 5:23:08 AM1/6/11
> The Alphabet Murders starring Tony Randall was woeful, but had one
> outstanding scene; Poirot (Tony Randall) meets, fleetingly, Miss
> Marple (Margaret Rutherford), easily the BEST Miss Marple!

> Pah! Joan Hickson *is* Miss Marple. Agatha Christie said so, and she
> should know!
>
> (Before the pedants point out that AC never saw Joan Hickson playing Miss
> Marple, they're right - but she did see Hickson in another role and told
> her that she would be ideal for the part!)

Agreed.

From that font of all knowledge. no not RMartin but Wikipeadia, "Hickson had
also appeared in a stage adaptation of the novel Appointment with Death in
1946, after which Christie sent Hickson a note 'I hope one day you will play
my dear Miss Marple.'"

--
Cheers

Nick

Jan 6, 2011, 6:12:06 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 10:23 am, "Roger Traviss" <roger...@highspeedplus.com>
wrote:

> > The Alphabet Murders starring Tony Randall was woeful, but had one
> > outstanding scene; Poirot (Tony Randall) meets, fleetingly, Miss
> > Marple (Margaret Rutherford), easily the BEST Miss Marple!

> > Pah! Joan Hickson *is* Miss Marple. Agatha Christie said so, and she
> > should know!
>
> > (Before the pedants point out that AC never saw Joan Hickson playing Miss
> > Marple, they're right - but she did see Hickson in another role and told
> > her that she would be ideal for the part!)
>
> Agreed.
>
> From that font of all knowledge. no not RMartin but Wikipeadia, "Hickson had
> also appeared in a stage adaptation of the novel Appointment with Death in
> 1946, after which Christie sent Hickson a note 'I hope one day you will play
> my dear Miss Marple.'"
>
> --

Well, Hickson was good but a bit miserable - Rutherford is said to
have bin 'miscast', but was jolly and funny!

I like Julia McKenzie as Marple better than Geraldine Mcewan - she was
too glam to be Marple, IMHO!

Waldo Centini

Jan 6, 2011, 7:56:37 AM1/6/11
Op 6-1-2011 10:32, GordonD schreef:
> Margaret Rutherford, easily the BEST Miss Marple!

The ONLY Miss Marple.

Waldo Centini

Jan 6, 2011, 8:01:48 AM1/6/11
Op 6-1-2011 10:32, GordonD schreef:
> she did see Hickson in another role and told her that she would be ideal
> for the part

What does Christie know about Marple.

It's even rumored she detested the performance of Margaret Rutherford,
the ONE and ONLY Marple.

Just goes to show!

Nick

Jan 6, 2011, 10:21:02 AM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 1:01 pm, Waldo Centini <"waldo[REMOVE-

SPAM]centini"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Op 6-1-2011 10:32, GordonD schreef:
>
> > she did see Hickson in another role and told her that she would be ideal
> > for the part
>
> What does Christie know about Marple.
>
> It's even rumored she detested the performance of Margaret Rutherford,
> the ONE and ONLY Marple.
>
> Just goes to show!
>
> --

There ya go - majority decision - Margaret is the best Marple -
sorted! :-D

Nick

GordonD

Jan 6, 2011, 11:19:06 AM1/6/11
"Nick" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 6, 1:01 pm, Waldo Centini <"waldo[REMOVE-
SPAM]centini"@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Op 6-1-2011 10:32, GordonD schreef:
> >
> > > she did see Hickson in another role and told her that she would be
> > > ideal
> > > for the part
> >
> > What does Christie know about Marple.
> >
> > It's even rumored she detested the performance of Margaret Rutherford,
> > the ONE and ONLY Marple.
> >
> > Just goes to show!
> >
> There ya go - majority decision - Margaret is the best Marple -
> sorted! :-D

Ignoring the will of the people - is your last name Clegg?

Waldo Centini

Jan 6, 2011, 12:05:48 PM1/6/11
Op 6-1-2011 17:19, GordonD schreef:

> Ignoring the will of the people

I *AM* the people.

Nick

Jan 6, 2011, 12:49:44 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 5:05 pm, Waldo Centini <"waldo[REMOVE-

SPAM]centini"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Op 6-1-2011 17:19, GordonD schreef:
>
> > Ignoring the will of the people
>
> I *AM* the people.
>
> --

<g> Told ya, RGordon - SORTED!

Nick

Nick

Jan 6, 2011, 2:41:37 PM1/6/11
On Jan 6, 4:19 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Nick" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > On Jan 6, 1:01 pm, Waldo Centini <"waldo[REMOVE-
> SPAM]centini"@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What does Christie know about Marple.
>
> > > It's even rumored she detested the performance of Margaret Rutherford,
> > > the ONE and ONLY Marple.
>
> > > Just goes to show!
>
> > There ya go - majority decision - Margaret is the best Marple -
> > sorted! :-D
>
> Ignoring the will of the people - is your last name Clegg?
> --

<g> That's OK, but call me Vince Cable and I'll take the Night Train
to Inverness and a bus to Edinburgh and spank your bottom!

And THEN, even worse, I'll sing to you!

Nick

Anne R

Jan 7, 2011, 4:57:59 PM1/7/11

"Nick" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote ..

no way was she the best Marple.

Nick

Jan 7, 2011, 5:00:57 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 9:57 pm, "Anne R" <annerand...@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> "Nick" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote ..

<g> way!

Nick

Katherine

Jan 8, 2011, 9:40:08 AM1/8/11
On Jan 5, 4:16 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Mudge" <Nos...@never.ever> wrote in message

> > On 2011-01-04 18:23:21 -0700, Nick said:
>
> >> <g> How did Ustinov and Finney grab you?
> >> Not to mention Tony Randall!
>
> > Peter Ustinov was just great - Finney and Randall barely acceptable
>
> I thought Ustinov was entirely wrong for the part - Poirot isn't a fat man
> with white hair; he's much more like David Suchet in appearance.

I thought that Suchet was the best Poirot.

TTFN
Sis

Katherine

Jan 8, 2011, 9:42:25 AM1/8/11
On Jan 6, 6:12 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 10:23 am, "Roger Traviss" <roger...@highspeedplus.com>
> > --
>
> Well, Hickson was good but a bit miserable - Rutherford is said to
> have bin 'miscast', but was jolly and funny!
>
> I like Julia McKenzie as Marple better than Geraldine Mcewan - she was
> too glam to be Marple, IMHO!-

I like both McEwan and McKenzie, but not as Marple. Hickson, I think,
was the best.
Rutherford was physically just wrong!

TTFN
Katherine

Nick

Jan 8, 2011, 9:49:20 AM1/8/11

Butbutbut Rutherford had something the others didn't - Mr. Stringer
and a great theme tune! :-D

Nick

GordonD

Jan 8, 2011, 10:29:30 AM1/8/11
"Katherine" <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

So you prefer Suchet as Poirot and Hickson as Marple.

I always knew you had good taste!

Jessica

Jan 8, 2011, 12:08:37 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 3:29 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Katherine" <kburg...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

> > On Jan 6, 6:12 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> > > On Jan 6, 10:23 am, "Roger Traviss" <roger...@highspeedplus.com>
>
> > > Well, Hickson was good but a bit miserable - Rutherford is said to
> > > have bin 'miscast', but was jolly and funny!
>
> > > I like Julia McKenzie as Marple better than Geraldine Mcewan - she was
> > > too glam to be Marple, IMHO!-
>
> > I like both McEwan and McKenzie, but not as Marple. Hickson, I think,
> > was the best.
> > Rutherford was physically just wrong!
>
> So you prefer Suchet as Poirot and Hickson as Marple.
>
> I always knew you had good taste!
> --

crawler!

Nick

GordonD

Jan 8, 2011, 1:22:38 PM1/8/11
"Jessica" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
^^^^^^^

> crawler!
>
> Nick

Who is Jessica???

Plum McDuff

Jan 8, 2011, 1:40:21 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 6:22 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Jessica" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> ^^^^^^^
>
> > crawler!
>
> > Nick
>
> Who is Jessica???
> --

Wee lassie who goes roond wi' Logan!

Plum McDuff of Greyfriars - fust posting!

Ophelia

Jan 8, 2011, 2:13:15 PM1/8/11

"GordonD" <g.d...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Jessica" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> ^^^^^^^
>
>> crawler!
>>
>> Nick
>

> Who is Jessica???

Who knows? I don't care:) Welcome Jessica:))

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ophelia

Jan 8, 2011, 2:14:17 PM1/8/11

"Plum McDuff" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

Hmmm methinks this is RNick... at it!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

GordonD

Jan 8, 2011, 2:18:43 PM1/8/11
"Plum McDuff" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

On Jan 8, 6:22 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Jessica" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> ^^^^^^^
>
> > crawler!
>
> > Nick
>
> Who is Jessica???
> --

Wee lassie who goes roond wi' Logan!

Mr. Srun?

Nick

Jan 8, 2011, 3:25:19 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 7:13 pm, "Ophelia" <Ophe...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote:
> "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> > "Jessica" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > ^^^^^^^
>
> >> crawler!
>
> >> Nick
>
> > Who is Jessica???
>
> Who knows?  I don't care:) Welcome Jessica:))
>
> --
> --https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

LOL - I'll pass it on!

Nik

Nick

Jan 8, 2011, 3:25:43 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 7:14 pm, "Ophelia" <Ophe...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote:
> "Plum McDuff" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > On Jan 8, 6:22 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> "Jessica" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> >> ^^^^^^^

> >> Who is Jessica???
> >> --
>
> > Wee lassie who goes roond wi' Logan!
>
> > Plum McDuff of Greyfriars - fust posting!
>
> Hmmm methinks this is RNick... at it!
> --
> --https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/- Hide quoted text -

LOL

Nick

Nick

Jan 8, 2011, 3:30:31 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 7:18 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Plum McDuff" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 8, 6:22 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > "Jessica" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > ^^^^^^^
>
> > > crawler!
>
> > > Nick
>
> > Who is Jessica???
> > --
>
> Wee lassie who goes roond wi' Logan!
>
> Mr. Srun?
> --

Srun?

Jessica Walter played a girl who asked Clint to play Misty for her in
the movie.

Plum McDuff is in a Dandy Annual I may still have, lol!
Plum duff is a tasty pudding, but I'm not sure if I've ever eaten one
- I want one!

Nick

GordonD

Jan 8, 2011, 5:00:31 PM1/8/11

On Jan 8, 7:18 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Plum McDuff" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 8, 6:22 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > "Jessica" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > ^^^^^^^
>
> > > crawler!
>
> > > Nick
>
> > Who is Jessica???
> > --
>
> Wee lassie who goes roond wi' Logan!
>
> Mr. Srun?
> --

Srun?

Logan Srun. Film with Jenny Agutter. Was her character called Jessica?

Nick

Jan 8, 2011, 6:20:44 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 10:00 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Nick" <andar...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 8, 7:18 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> > "Plum McDuff" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > On Jan 8, 6:22 pm, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Jessica" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> > > ^^^^^^^

> > > Who is Jessica???
> > > --
>
> > Wee lassie who goes roond wi' Logan!
>
> > Mr. Srun?
> > --
>
> Srun?
>
> Logan Srun. Film with Jenny Agutter. Was her character called Jessica?
> --

<g> Yup, but also on TV - Logan & Jessica were played by Nicholas
(Spiderman) Hammond and er ... Enzo knows! :-D

Nick

GordonD

Jan 8, 2011, 6:33:30 PM1/8/11
"Nick" <anda...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Nicholas Hammond wasn't in the TV series - but his "sister" was. Heather
Menzies (who was in The Sound of Music along with him) played Jessica. Logan
was played by Gregory Harrison.

Hammond was, as you said, the TV Spider-Man. And Angela Cartwright, who
played another of the Von Trapp brood, was in Lost in Space.

Nick

Jan 8, 2011, 7:02:10 PM1/8/11

LOL, that's it - I remember - Heather Menzies was also in ssssSnake
and a Piranha movie, both pretty good - I saw Logan and Jessica's
motor vehicle at Universal Studios in Hollywood along with Columbo's
car and Hasselhoff's 'Kit', but I wasn't a fan of Knight Rider!

Yup, Angela was in Lost in Space with Zorro and Johnny Ringo's
deputy! :-D

Nick

GordonD

Jan 9, 2011, 6:08:06 AM1/9/11
"Nick" <anda...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

And I forgot to add that Nicholas Hammond was also in the TV adaptation of
Ray Bradbury's "The Martian Chronicles".

Nick

Jan 9, 2011, 6:14:24 AM1/9/11

I missed that - was Rock Hudson in it?

Nick

GordonD

Jan 9, 2011, 6:28:35 AM1/9/11
> I missed that - was Rock Hudson in it?

That's the one. Hammond was the commander of an earlier mission where Mars
looked like a mid-Western town and all the crew's dead relatives were there,
IIRC. (Of course, It Was All An Illusion.)

Rock Hudson was in command of a later mission and became leader of the
colony.

Nick

Jan 9, 2011, 6:45:52 AM1/9/11

> "Nick" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> On Jan 9, 11:08 am, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>> > And I forgot to add that Nicholas Hammond was also in the TV adaptation
>> > of
>> > Ray Bradbury's "The Martian Chronicles".
>>
>> I missed that - was Rock Hudson in it?
>
> That's the one. Hammond was the commander of an earlier mission where Mars
> looked like a mid-Western town and all the crew's dead relatives were
> there, IIRC. (Of course, It Was All An Illusion.)
>
> Rock Hudson was in command of a later mission and became leader of the
> colony.
> --

I think I missed out there! :-(

Nick

Katherine

Jan 9, 2011, 2:36:38 PM1/9/11

Yabbut, nobbut, yabbut!!!

TTFN
Katherine

Katherine

Jan 9, 2011, 2:36:59 PM1/9/11
On Jan 8, 10:29 am, "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Katherine" <kburg...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

> > On Jan 6, 6:12 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> > > On Jan 6, 10:23 am, "Roger Traviss" <roger...@highspeedplus.com>
>
> > > Well, Hickson was good but a bit miserable - Rutherford is said to
> > > have bin 'miscast', but was jolly and funny!
>
> > > I like Julia McKenzie as Marple better than Geraldine Mcewan - she was
> > > too glam to be Marple, IMHO!-
>
> > I like both McEwan and McKenzie, but not as Marple. Hickson, I think,
> > was the best.
> > Rutherford was physically just wrong!
>
> So you prefer Suchet as Poirot and Hickson as Marple.
>
> I always knew you had good taste!

It runs in the family. <g>

TTFN
Sis

Katherine

Jan 9, 2011, 2:37:49 PM1/9/11

Oi! You leave 'im alone, RNick! (Or is it RJessica? And are you
trying to tell us summat?)

TTFN
Katherine

Ophelia

Jan 9, 2011, 2:39:55 PM1/9/11

"Katherine" <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

Hmmm I've 'ad thoughts about RNick yannow <eg>
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

MartinS

Jan 9, 2011, 2:47:07 PM1/9/11
Katherine <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote:
> Nick <andar...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>> Katherine <kburg...@crrstv.net> wrote:

>> > I like both McEwan and McKenzie, but not as Marple. Hickson, I
>> > think, was the best. Rutherford was physically just wrong!
>>
>> Butbutbut Rutherford had something the others didn't - Mr. Stringer
>> and a great theme tune! :-D
>
> Yabbut, nobbut, yabbut!!!

Whatever.

--
Martin S.

Nick

Jan 9, 2011, 3:00:41 PM1/9/11

LOL

Nick

Nick

Jan 9, 2011, 3:03:14 PM1/9/11

OK, I'll stop tormenting the fellow - after all, he hails from the
land of Lulu!

Nick

Nick

Jan 9, 2011, 3:03:41 PM1/9/11
On Jan 9, 7:39 pm, "Ophelia" <Ophe...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote:
> "Katherine" <kburg...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

LOL

Nick

Alex Cunningham.

Jan 9, 2011, 3:10:08 PM1/9/11
>>>--
>>>Jessica <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>> crawler!

>>"Katherine" <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote:
>> Oi! You leave 'im alone, RNick! (Or is it RJessica? And are you
>> trying to tell us summat?)
>
>"Ophelia" <Oph...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote: Hmmm I've 'ad thoughts about
>RNick yannow <eg>
> --

You would not be alone in that regard, O. ;-)

--
Cheers!
Alex.C

Nick

Jan 9, 2011, 3:13:21 PM1/9/11
On Jan 9, 8:10 pm, "Alex Cunningham." <trueb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >>"Katherine" <kburg...@crrstv.net> wrote:
> >> Oi! You leave 'im alone, RNick! (Or is it RJessica? And are you
> >> trying to tell us summat?)
>
> >"Ophelia" <Ophe...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote:  Hmmm I've 'ad thoughts about

> >RNick yannow <eg>
> > --
>
> You would not be alone in that regard, O. ;-)
>
> --

<g>

Nick

GordonD

Jan 9, 2011, 3:26:09 PM1/9/11
"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

And now for something completely different.

Ophelia

Jan 9, 2011, 3:34:32 PM1/9/11

"Alex Cunningham." <true...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>"Katherine" <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote:
>>> Oi! You leave 'im alone, RNick! (Or is it RJessica? And are you
>>> trying to tell us summat?)
>>
>>"Ophelia" <Oph...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote: Hmmm I've 'ad thoughts about
>>RNick yannow <eg>
>> --
>
> You would not be alone in that regard, O. ;-)

;)
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Pedantic King

Jan 9, 2011, 4:07:29 PM1/9/11

Noses run in our family

Why do noses run and feet smell?

Alex Cunningham.

Jan 9, 2011, 4:47:08 PM1/9/11
>>>GordonD"<g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>> So you prefer Suchet as Poirot and Hickson as Marple.
>>> I always knew you had good taste!
>>
>>Katherine wrote:
>> It runs in the family.<g>
>
>"Pedantic King" <P...@hotmail.com> wrote: Noses run in our family

> Why do noses run and feet smell?

Ask Enzo.

Nick

Jan 9, 2011, 5:30:11 PM1/9/11

I got one!

Wot two European countries 'as got identical names but for the second
letter of each country's name?

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.media.tv.misc/browse_thread/thread/95db2cae90c81453#

And there's a prize for UK denizens and coves from Norfolk! :-D

Nick

MartinS

Jan 9, 2011, 11:30:58 PM1/9/11
"GordonD" <g.d...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote...

>> Katherine <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote:

>>> Yabbut, nobbut, yabbut!!!
>>
>> Whatever.
>
> And now for something completely different.

A man with three butttocks.

Oops! Wrong thread!

--
Martin S.

Ophelia

Jan 10, 2011, 3:18:23 AM1/10/11

>>>Katherine wrote:
>>> It runs in the family.<g>
>>
>>"Pedantic King" <P...@hotmail.com> wrote: Noses run in our family
>> Why do noses run and feet smell?
>>
> Ask Enzo.

Oi! Enzo doesn't 'ave a runny nose!!!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Nick

Jan 10, 2011, 4:23:43 AM1/10/11
On Jan 10, 8:18 am, "Ophelia" <Ophe...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote:
> "Alex Cunningham." <trueb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Enzo didn't open his Christmas present! :-(

Nick

Waldo Centini

Jan 10, 2011, 5:30:39 AM1/10/11
Op 10-1-2011 9:18, Ophelia schreef:

>>> Why do noses run and feet smell?
>>>
>> Ask Enzo.
>
> Oi! Enzo doesn't 'ave a runny nose!!!

But his feet smell!

--

Waldo Centini

*** He Who Lives Longest Drinks Most ***

Ophelia

Jan 11, 2011, 7:04:03 AM1/11/11

"Waldo Centini" <"waldo[REMOVE-SPAM]centini"@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Ask Enzo.
>>
>> Oi! Enzo doesn't 'ave a runny nose!!!
>
> But his feet smell!

You've heard then!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Waldo Centini

Jan 11, 2011, 1:43:25 PM1/11/11
Op 11-1-2011 13:04, Ophelia schreef:

>>> Oi! Enzo doesn't 'ave a runny nose!!!
>>
>> But his feet smell!
>
> You've heard then!

I played it by ear!

Ophelia

Jan 11, 2011, 1:44:46 PM1/11/11

>>> But his feet smell!
>>
>> You've heard then!
>
> I played it by ear!

At least that is not next to the feets!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Waldo Centini

Jan 11, 2011, 2:20:43 PM1/11/11
Op 11-1-2011 19:44, Ophelia schreef:

>>> You've heard then!
>>
>> I played it by ear!
>
> At least that is not next to the feets!

But it's close
To the nose

Ophelia

Jan 11, 2011, 2:34:05 PM1/11/11

>>> I played it by ear!
>>
>> At least that is not next to the feets!
>
> But it's close
> To the nose

You must be a very short boy:)
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Waldo Centini

Jan 11, 2011, 3:04:06 PM1/11/11
Op 11-1-2011 20:34, Ophelia schreef:

>>> At least that is not next to the feets!
>>
>> But it's close
>> To the nose
>
> You must be a very short boy:)

You silly woman person: the NOSE is close to the EARS. Not the feets.

Ophelia

Jan 11, 2011, 3:32:56 PM1/11/11

>>> But it's close
>>> To the nose
>>
>> You must be a very short boy:)
>
> You silly woman person: the NOSE is close to the EARS. Not the feets.

THWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you dare call me a silly woman person!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Waldo Centini

Jan 11, 2011, 3:52:45 PM1/11/11
Op 11-1-2011 21:32, Ophelia schreef:

>>> You must be a very short boy:)
>>
>> You silly woman person: the NOSE is close to the EARS. Not the feets.
>
> THWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you dare call me a silly woman person!!!!!!!!!!

I offer you my humble apologies, oh dear Ophelia. Pray telle me: how
should I let the world know otherwise that you are a silly woman person?

Katherine

Jan 14, 2011, 11:55:03 PM1/14/11
On Jan 9, 2:39 pm, "Ophelia" <Ophe...@Elsinore.me.uk> wrote:
> "Katherine" <kburg...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

> >> crawler!
>
> > Oi! You leave 'im alone, RNick! (Or is it RJessica? And are you
> > trying to tell us summat?)
>
> Hmmm I've 'ad thoughts about RNick yannow <eg>

Wot kind of thoughts????

TTFN
Katherine (sipping a large G&T)

Katherine