Phantom Of The Opera

Jeremy A Berger

Sep 11, 1991, 1:24:00 AM9/11/91
Hi..
Can anyone give me some Info about the Toronto production of Phantom
of the Opera? I've seen it on Broadway and was quite impressed. Does
anyone know who the current cast in toronto is, and what they have
previously done? Or How Toronto compares to Broadway?

Also I saw the music of Andrew Loyd Webber this summer with Michael Crawford.
Michael Said that he wanted to go back to doing Phantom on broadway "SOON"
anyone have any info on this??
Thanx lot
Jeremy

Oody

Sep 11, 1991, 2:17:00 PM9/11/91
In article <11SEP199...@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu>, v053...@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeremy A Berger) writes...

>Hi..
>Can anyone give me some Info about the Toronto production of Phantom
>of the Opera? I've seen it on Broadway and was quite impressed. Does
>anyone know who the current cast in toronto is, and what they have
>previously done? Or How Toronto compares to Broadway?

The current Phantom in Toronto is the awesome Colm Wilkinson- the original
Phantom in ALW's workshops of the first act and the original Jean ValJean
in both London and New York. As far as I know, he's leaving the cast
after the 2nd anniversary gala performance Sept 20. I saw his understudy
(Paul Gatchell) last year and was quite impressed with his performance.

Christine is played by Rebecca Caine- Sarah Brightman's understudy in London.
She is great in the part, and her understudy is excellent too.

I don't remember the person who played Raoul, but Broadways Raoul was much
better in the part.

Overall, the cast in Toronto is better than the one found in New York.
Just the fact the Colm Wilkinson is the Phantom makes it better than
Broadway.

The Pantages Theatre box office number is (416) 872-2222

Oody

Oh- my next trip to Phantom is Sept 26- less than a week after Colm is
supposed to leave. LIFE SUCKS!

Carson T Schutze

Sep 12, 1991, 12:18:56 PM9/12/91

>Also I saw the music of Andrew Loyd Webber this summer with Michael Crawford.
>Michael Said that he wanted to go back to doing Phantom on broadway "SOON"
>anyone have any info on this??

I also saw the Music of ALW, but Crawford made no mention of this. His
fan club has made no mention of such plans. He has tentative plans
to resume the tour of MALW in October, continuing until March of next year.
These will mostly be one-week stops this time around. He is currently
in London recording his third album.

Carson T. Schutze Dynamic Graphics Project
Computer Systems Research Institute
(416) 978-6619 University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A4

Internet: cars...@dgp.toronto.edu
UUCP: ...!{uunet, pyramid, watmath, ubc-cs}!utai!dgp!carsontr