Patrick Stewart in National Enquirer

al...@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu

Feb 18, 1991, 5:34:28 PM2/18/91
OK, I admit that I *had* to buy this issue when I saw Patrick
Stewart's face in the bottom corner of this rag. So please,
no flames!

This is reprinted, without permission, simply for your
*entertainment*. I make no claim that any of this is true.
(I mean, consider the source!) :)

"L.A.Law Beauty's Love Affair with Star Trek Captain Wrecks His
25-Year Marriage" by Eric Munoz, Michael Glynn, and Lydia Encinas

"L.A.Law" beauty Jennifer Hetrick has stolen the heart of "Star
Trek" captain Patrick Stewart - and the romance has busted up his
25 year marriage! [ED. Note: she was in "Captain's Holiday"]

Jennifer - who plays wife of womanizing lawyer Arnie Becker on
"L.A.Law" - has been dating Patrick, 50, for over a year say
insiders. The couple are so cozy, Patrick has even spent nights at
his 32-year-old girlfriend's apartment.

The British actor didn't have to worry about getting caught, because
his choreographer wife Sheila and their 17 year old daughter were
living almost 6,000 miles away at his London home. And when a reporter
recently asked Sheila what she thought of her husband openly
romancing another woman, she replied, "You're being silly. I don't
believe it!"

But just three days later, Sheila and Patrick announced their
separation. The couple said they had "irreconcilable differences".
But one of Patrick's closest friends revealed the real cause was
Jennifer. "He fell so hard for her that he forgot all about his
wife in England," said the friend.

After an all-night date that started on February 1, an Enquirer
reporter witnessed Patrick stepping out of Jennifer's apartment for
the morning paper at 6:50 am - dressed in a purple woman's robe.
The pair have also been surprisingly open about their relationshop
in front of the cast and crew from Star Trek:The Next Generation.
Jennifer - who also appears in Oil of Olay commercials - is a
regular visitor on the set.

"They met at a Hollywood party and have been seeing eachother ever
since" says a source. Added a Star Trek insider, "Everyone on the
set knows that they are practically living together. They're
together all the time and have been very open about the romance.
He sure doesn't act like a man who's married! When there are breaks
in filming, they're off in Patrick's trailer. On the set, they're
always holding hands, kissing, and whispering to eachother. On
Friday nights after filming, Patrick and Jennifer go with other cast
members to the hilltop restaurant Yamashiro's and have dinner with
everyone. They always leave early and they almost always arrive at
the studio together in the morning."

Patrick also brings Jennifer to an acting class he teaches every
Saturday at Paramount Studios, said the source. Added the Star Trek
insider, "Jennifer makes no bones about the fact that she's madly
in love with him. She knows about the wife back home - but it hasn't
stopped her from calling Patrick her man. Patrick told me, 'Jennifer
and I have a wonderful time. There are no pressures, we're in the
same line of work and we enjoy spending romantic evenings together.
It's the perfect relationship for me.'"

And he told his close friend, "I want to start a life fresh with
Jennifer. I'm in love with her and want to be with her all the time."

This article just cracks me up. It's written for what appears to
be a third-grade reading level. (Check out that phrase, "purple
woman's robe" -- I'd sure like to meet the purple woman...)
Can't you just see that Enquirer reporter waiting outside that
poor woman's apartment all night? I can't believe they didn't
take pictures! :)

And we sure can count on the fact that those "Star Trek Insiders"
all always correct! {snicker...}

What a rag.....

Alex Bost
Alexandra Bost |
al...@catt.ncsu.edu |

Timothy W. Lynch

Feb 19, 1991, 12:34:58 AM2/19/91
al...@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu writes:

>OK, I admit that I *had* to buy this issue when I saw Patrick
>Stewart's face in the bottom corner of this rag. So please,
>no flames!

>This is reprinted, without permission, simply for your
>*entertainment*. I make no claim that any of this is true.
>(I mean, consider the source!) :)

>"L.A.Law Beauty's Love Affair with Star Trek Captain Wrecks His
>25-Year Marriage" by Eric Munoz, Michael Glynn, and Lydia Encinas

>"L.A.Law" beauty Jennifer Hetrick has stolen the heart of "Star
>Trek" captain Patrick Stewart - and the romance has busted up his
>25 year marriage! [ED. Note: she was in "Captain's Holiday"]

(remainder of article deleted)

>And we sure can count on the fact that those "Star Trek Insiders"
>all always correct! {snicker...}

>What a rag.....

Damn. Damn, damn, DAMN!

I'll agree that it's a rag, Alex--but unfortunately, I'm betting this time
that it's right.

Remember that a few weeks ago, when it was reported that Vash was returning to
TNG, I said I hoped it wasn't for the reasons I thought?

One guess what those reasons were.

At the reception following Mr. Stewart's "A Christmas Carol" performance here
in mid-December, Ms. Hetrick was in attendance, and the two seemed VERY cozy
indeed. I didn't mention it here at the time--not my place. I also didn't
really want to believe it--I had hoped that Stewart had a little more taste.
It appears, unfortunately, that I was wrong.

Humph.

Tim Lynch
Annoyed at the universe

MURTY Hema Sandhyarani

Feb 19, 1991, 8:32:36 AM2/19/91
In article <1991Feb18....@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> al...@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu () writes:
>OK, I admit that I *had* to buy this issue when I saw Patrick
>Stewart's face in the bottom corner of this rag. So please,
>no flames!
>
>This is reprinted, without permission, simply for your
>*entertainment*. I make no claim that any of this is true.
>(I mean, consider the source!) :)
>
>Trek" captain Patrick Stewart - and the romance has busted up his
>25 year marriage! [ED. Note: she was in "Captain's Holiday"]
>
>his choreographer wife Sheila and their 17 year old daughter were
>living almost 6,000 miles away at his London home. And when a reporter
>recently asked Sheila what she thought of her husband openly
>romancing another woman, she replied, "You're being silly. I don't
>believe it!"

Is it really true that Patrick Stewart is married and has a wife
named Sheila and a 17 year old daughter - or did they make up that
part also?? That's quite the long distance relationship!

Hema Murty
mu...@ecf.toronto.edu

Robert Russell

Feb 19, 1991, 11:22:41 AM2/19/91
>After an all-night date that started on February 1, an Enquirer
>reporter witnessed Patrick stepping out of Jennifer's apartment for
>the morning paper at 6:50 am - dressed in a purple woman's robe.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly what kind of robes do purple women wear?

And, what tipped the reporter off on the robe's owner'sskin color?

-Matt

Carrie L Bullington

Feb 19, 1991, 3:24:39 PM2/19/91
In article <1991Feb19.0...@nntp-server.caltech.edu> tly...@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Timothy W. Lynch) writes:
>al...@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu writes:
>

>>This is reprinted, without permission, simply for your
>>*entertainment*. I make no claim that any of this is true.
>>(I mean, consider the source!) :)
>
>>"L.A.Law Beauty's Love Affair with Star Trek Captain Wrecks His
>>25-Year Marriage" by Eric Munoz, Michael Glynn, and Lydia Encinas
>
>>"L.A.Law" beauty Jennifer Hetrick has stolen the heart of "Star
>>Trek" captain Patrick Stewart - and the romance has busted up his
>>25 year marriage! [ED. Note: she was in "Captain's Holiday"]

And just to be thorough, her character on "L.A. Law" is divorcing
Arnie Becker!!

Sharon Foster

Feb 19, 1991, 9:36:27 AM2/19/91
In article <1991Feb18....@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>,

al...@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu writes:

> "L.A.Law Beauty's Love Affair with Star Trek Captain Wrecks His
> 25-Year Marriage" by Eric Munoz, Michael Glynn, and Lydia Encinas
> take pictures! :)
>
> And we sure can count on the fact that those "Star Trek Insiders"
> all always correct! {snicker...}
>
> What a rag.....

<Long sad sigh> I have no doubt that the story is true. It's because
of these kinds of things that I want to know as little as possible about
actor's private lives. Ditto for "behind the scenes at <insert name of
favorite series/movie/etc>" kinds of programs/articles/books.
It all spoils the delusion.

--
/* Sharon Foster....First Generation Trekkie * Internet: */
/* "So many books, so little time!" * fos...@gdc.portal.com */

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time
to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught." - Oscar Wilde

Timothy W. Lynch

Feb 19, 1991, 6:50:52 PM2/19/91
mu...@ecf.toronto.edu (MURTY Hema Sandhyarani) writes:

> Is it really true that Patrick Stewart is married and has a wife
> named Sheila and a 17 year old daughter - or did they make up that
> part also?? That's quite the long distance relationship!

Yes, he most certainly is (for now, at least) married, and his wife is still
across the pond. I don't know if her name is Sheila, but it wouldn't
surprise me, nor does the daughter.

Tim Lynch

Paul Hager

Feb 20, 1991, 11:47:22 AM2/20/91

->In article <1991Feb18....@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>,
->al...@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu writes:
->>
->> "L.A.Law Beauty's Love Affair with Star Trek Captain Wrecks His
->> 25-Year Marriage" by Eric Munoz, Michael Glynn, and Lydia Encinas
->> take pictures! :)
->>
->> And we sure can count on the fact that those "Star Trek Insiders"
->> all always correct! {snicker...}
->>
->> What a rag.....
->>

I've actually known about Stewart and Hetrick since last December.
A long time friend of mine went to high school with a person who
is involved in TNG production. Suffice that the story of this
relationship was one of the pieces of "inside dope" I received
during that visit to L.A. Funny thing about L.A. is that, for
a big city, it is remarkably small town in some ways. It seems
that the entertainment folks all know the latest "dirt" on one
another and they like to spread it around.

Anyway, now that the story is out, I feel no constraint in
providing some degree of confirmation.

You're right about the Enquirer: it IS a rag.
--
paul hager hag...@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man
never worshipped anything but himself" -- Sir Richard F. Burton

Sharon Foster

Feb 20, 1991, 3:36:17 AM2/20/91

Yeah, that occurred to me last night on the way home, too - the irony
that on "L.A. Law" she plays the wife who gets cheated on....

I wonder how she can look at herself in the makeup mirror mornings....

David L. Markowitz

Feb 26, 1991, 7:37:13 PM2/26/91
tly...@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Timothy W. Lynch) writes:

>al...@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu writes:

>>"L.A.Law Beauty's Love Affair with Star Trek Captain Wrecks His
>>25-Year Marriage" by Eric Munoz, Michael Glynn, and Lydia Encinas

>Damn. Damn, damn, DAMN!

>I'll agree that it's a rag, Alex--but unfortunately, I'm betting this time
>that it's right.

>At the reception following Mr. Stewart's "A Christmas Carol" performance here
>in mid-December, Ms. Hetrick was in attendance, and the two seemed VERY cozy
>indeed. I didn't mention it here at the time--not my place. I also didn't
>really want to believe it--I had hoped that Stewart had a little more taste.
>It appears, unfortunately, that I was wrong.

Last year (just after Yesterday's Enterprise had aired, which probably
meant that Captain's Holiday had just been filmed) I happened to go to
a performance of "Actors from the London Stage" in SoCal. I looked at
the list of credits of the five Shakespearean actors, and said to myself
"Self, Patrick Stewart probably is a personal friend with at least three
of these actors." Guess who should show up in the audience: Patrick
himself, with this beeeauuutiful 30ish model/actress type on his arm
(I don't watch L.A. Law).

Now, I hate bothering celebrities in situations like this: he was out
to see his friends (I later found out he had starred with at least two
of them), not to be bugged by us Star Trek fanatics, so I didn't ask
for an autograph or anything (a few women weren't as thoughtful). I
didn't get to meet her, unfortunately, but I did wonder about the
relationship. If I'd known, I might have said "Hi" to them.

--
David L. Markowitz
Genisco Technology Corporation

Terry Guelfo

Feb 27, 1991, 7:36:07 PM2/27/91

>..breaking up Stewart's 25 year marriage...

I was under the impression that he was no longer married as on Arsenio Hall
a few months ago, he and Whoopie Goldberg seemed to be an item. Was I
mistaken?

They sure LOOKED pretty darn friendly....

|Internet: tg....@pro-harvest.cts.com |UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!tg.exc |
|ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!tg....@nosc.mil |ProLine: tg.exc@pro-harvest |
|BITNET: tg.exc%pro-harve...@nosc.mil | plucky.duck@pro-midnightex |