Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Read an old space opera

閲覧: 79 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

James Nicoll

未読、
2018/01/16 17:52:252018/01/16

The protagonist had to determine if the two known psionic races were
closely related or simply had analogous adaptions. Rather ingeniously,
they thought of examining each group's characteristic parasites to see
when the groups diverged. They looked at lice from both psis now.

Dimensional Traveler

未読、
2018/01/16 18:15:012018/01/16
To:
On 1/16/2018 2:52 PM, James Nicoll wrote:
> The protagonist had to determine if the two known psionic races were
> closely related or simply had analogous adaptions. Rather ingeniously,
> they thought of examining each group's characteristic parasites to see
> when the groups diverged. They looked at lice from both psis now.

*groan*

instinct are running screaming.

Default User

未読、
2018/01/16 18:24:502018/01/16
To:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:52:25 PM UTC-6, James Nicoll wrote:
> The protagonist had to determine if the two known psionic races were
> closely related or simply had analogous adaptions. Rather ingeniously,
> they thought of examining each group's characteristic parasites to see
> when the groups diverged. They looked at lice from both psis now.

It wouldn't work that way. They really don't know lice at all.

Brian

Mike Van Pelt

未読、
2018/01/16 18:52:412018/01/16
To:
In article <6f60ebea-6ff5-415e...@googlegroups.com>,
Right. They are psionic lice. It's lice illusions they recall.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

Kevrob

未読、
2018/01/16 19:00:372018/01/16
To:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 6:52:41 PM UTC-5, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <6f60ebea-6ff5-415e...@googlegroups.com>,
> Default User <defaul...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:52:25 PM UTC-6, James Nicoll wrote:
> >> The protagonist had to determine if the two known psionic races were
> >> closely related or simply had analogous adaptions. Rather ingeniously,
> >> they thought of examining each group's characteristic parasites to see
> >> when the groups diverged. They looked at lice from both psis now.
> >
> >It wouldn't work that way. They really don't know lice at all.
>
> Right. They are psionic lice. It's lice illusions they recall.

You'd have to employ a Baezian algorithm.

Kevin R

Kevrob

未読、
2018/01/16 19:02:152018/01/16
To:
Memory fail. Got my Joan/Jonis mixed up.

Kevin R

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

未読、
2018/01/16 21:55:432018/01/16
To:
In article <afw7C.173322$Kn.7...@fx12.iad>,
Mike Van Pelt <m...@web1.calweb.com> wrote:
>In article <6f60ebea-6ff5-415e...@googlegroups.com>,
>Default User <defaul...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:52:25 PM UTC-6, James Nicoll wrote:
>>> The protagonist had to determine if the two known psionic races were
>>> closely related or simply had analogous adaptions. Rather ingeniously,
>>> they thought of examining each group's characteristic parasites to see
>>> when the groups diverged. They looked at lice from both psis now.
>>
>>It wouldn't work that way. They really don't know lice at all.
>
>Right. They are psionic lice. It's lice illusions they recall.

Yngvi, is that you?
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Jay E. Morris

未読、
2018/01/16 21:57:512018/01/16
To:
On 1/16/2018 04:52 PM, James Nicoll wrote:
> The protagonist had to determine if the two known psionic races were
> closely related or simply had analogous adaptions. Rather ingeniously,
> they thought of examining each group's characteristic parasites to see
> when the groups diverged. They looked at lice from both psis now.

And a glass goes into the fireplace.

D B Davis

未読、
2018/01/17 9:22:162018/01/17

Mike Van Pelt <m...@web1.calweb.com> wrote:
> In article <6f60ebea-6ff5-415e...@googlegroups.com>,
> Default User <defaul...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:52:25 PM UTC-6, James Nicoll wrote:
>>> The protagonist had to determine if the two known psionic races were
>>> closely related or simply had analogous adaptions. Rather ingeniously,
>>> they thought of examining each group's characteristic parasites to see
>>> when the groups diverged. They looked at lice from both psis now.
>>
>>It wouldn't work that way. They really don't know lice at all.
>
> Right. They are psionic lice. It's lice illusions they recall.

They've looked at bugs from both sides now
From nit and egg, and still somehow
It's bug's allusions they recall
They really don't know bugs at all

Thank you,

--
Don

When the power of love replaces the love of power there will be peace.

Quadibloc

未読、
2018/01/17 15:51:482018/01/17
To:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 5:02:15 PM UTC-7, Kevrob wrote:

> Memory fail. Got my Joan/Jonis mixed up.

Yes, Joni Mitchell wrote it. The hit version, though, was by Judy Collins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Xm30heHms

John Savard
新着メール 0 件