Tom "Little Tommy Crapman" Kratman: My bitch or just a suckup?

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 16, 2016, 11:14:33 PM9/16/16
I will be offline for a couple of weeks, on account of going on
vacation to a far away, exotic place, where I will not give one
flying fuck at a rolling donut about usenet. However, in my absence,
Little Tommy will continue to entertain you, in the same way he has
been doing so. Which is to say, like a monkey at the zoo, playing
with his tiny pee-pee and throwing his poo at the tourists.

Little Tommy: Until I return, you will continue to talk trash about
me to everyone who might possibly be reading your drivel (which is no
one), and everyone else (which is everyone). You will continue
sucking Marty's dick, because you love the salty taste, and everyone
will continue to laugh at what a pathetic loser you are.

Furthermore, you will crow like a rooster about what a manly man you
are, and how your manly manliness has driven me from the field of
battle, even though a) nobody belives it, b) even you, and c)
everybody know knows you know it. You will do this because I told you
to, and you are a very well trained little bitch, utterly incapable
of deviating from my instructions in the tiniest way. And we all know
it. But this is a rare opportunity for you to feel a little tiny bit
less like the loser you are, for a short time, and you get so *few*
of those.

When I return, you will kneel and nurse, and I expect you to get that
chipped tooth fixed by then. It chafes, man.

So, carry on, one and all. And somebody, please, when Little Tommy
talks trash about me, please remind him that he's obeying my
instructions exactly. It'll make his upper lip quiver in joy.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Kevrob

Sep 16, 2016, 11:24:16 PM9/16/16
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:14:33 PM UTC-4, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> I will be offline for a couple of weeks, on account of going on
> vacation to a far away, exotic place, where I will not give one
> flying fuck at a rolling donut about usenet. However, in my absence,
> Little Tommy will continue to entertain you,

"Little Tommy Crapman" scans with "Little Bunny Foo-foo."

I'm just sayin'

Kevin R

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 17, 2016, 1:12:34 AM9/17/16
Kevrob <kev...@my-deja.com> wrote in
They should honeymoon at Niagra Falls or something.

Tom Kratman

Sep 17, 2016, 9:38:34 AM9/17/16
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:14:33 PM UTC-4, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
I'll actually do whatever amuses me, fuckface. It's nice of you, though, through your unusually lengthy entry here, to let myself and everyone else know how much pain you're in. Coward.

One more time (Lucy in the Sky)....
Picture a gnome, hunching over a keyboard,
The monitor shining on two piggish eyes.
Smelly and drooling, his life is a shambles,
Po', po' Terry Austin now cries.
All that he wants is to matter on USENET,
To control whatever little he ca-a-an.
Now he dances to my tune, he just cannot help it,
He's outclassed, the poor (almost) man.
Little Terry Austin is cry-y-ying
Little Terry Austin is cry-y-ying
Ho....ho....ho.

By the way, bitch, I never crow. I just slap you like the little wimp you are.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 3:02:16 AM10/1/16
Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in

> I'll actually do whatever amuses me,

Indeed, you will. And what amuses you is to obey me in every
particular, as you have done. Good little bitch. Crow some more.

Iceland is lovely this time of year (and every other time of year, as
well, I suspect). But it's good to be home, finally.

Kneel and nurse, Little Tommy, as you *know* you will.

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2016, 4:26:53 AM10/1/16
On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 12:02:16 AM UTC-7, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

> Iceland is lovely this time of year (and every other time of year, as
> well, I suspect). But it's good to be home, finally.

Welcome back.

I understand they occasionally turn off outdoor lighting, even the streetlights in Reykjavik at night for the auroras. Does it look as cool as it sounds?

Mark L. Fergerson

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 1, 2016, 9:29:54 AM10/1/16
On 10/1/16 3:02 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> I'll actually do whatever amuses me,
>
> Indeed, you will. And what amuses you is to obey me in every
> particular, as you have done. Good little bitch. Crow some more.
>
> Iceland is lovely this time of year (and every other time of year, as
> well, I suspect). But it's good to be home, finally.

Oh, you were in Iceland? I was there for a short visit years ago. As a
volcano fan I most remember the visit to one of the hot springs areas
with bubbling mud pots, geysers, etc, and our overflight of an active
volcano (a vent of Hekla).

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 12:23:58 PM10/1/16
"nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote in
I did not manage to see the northern lights, due to clouds (which is
quite common this time of year). I believe there was one night that
was cloudless enough to see them, but it was one of the last few
nights I was there and I was so exhausted I was in bed by dark.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 12:25:25 PM10/1/16
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in

> On 10/1/16 3:02 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>> Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> I'll actually do whatever amuses me,
>>
>> Indeed, you will. And what amuses you is to obey me in every
>> particular, as you have done. Good little bitch. Crow some
>> more.
>>
>> Iceland is lovely this time of year (and every other time of
>> year, as well, I suspect). But it's good to be home, finally.
>>

> Oh, you were in Iceland?

For two glorious weeks.

> I was there for a short visit
> years ago. As a
> volcano fan I most remember the visit to one of the hot springs
> areas with bubbling mud pots, geysers, etc, and our overflight
> of an active volcano (a vent of Hekla).

There are vents everywhere, seems like. Even when you drive by a
huge steam plume coming out of a chimney on an industrial building,
it's almost always a volcanic vent powering it.

Cleanest tap water in the industrial world, even if the hot water
occasionally smells a little of sulphur.

Cryptoengineer

Oct 1, 2016, 4:56:44 PM10/1/16
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote in

> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
>
>> On 10/1/16 3:02 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>>> Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> Indeed, you will. And what amuses you is to obey me in every
>>> particular, as you have done. Good little bitch. Crow some
>>> more.
>>>
>>> Iceland is lovely this time of year (and every other time of
>>> year, as well, I suspect). But it's good to be home, finally.
>>>

>> Oh, you were in Iceland?
>
> For two glorious weeks.
>
>> I was there for a short visit
>> years ago. As a
>> volcano fan I most remember the visit to one of the hot springs
>> areas with bubbling mud pots, geysers, etc, and our overflight
>> of an active volcano (a vent of Hekla).
>>
> There are vents everywhere, seems like. Even when you drive by a
> huge steam plume coming out of a chimney on an industrial building,
> it's almost always a volcanic vent powering it.
>
> Cleanest tap water in the industrial world, even if the hot water
> occasionally smells a little of sulphur.

I went there for a week a couple years ago. Had a great time, but
didn't complete the ring - got to the southernmost point, the 'Golden
Circle', the Blue Lagoon (tourist trap, but interesting anyway), and
visited Snaefells purely for it's Stfnal associations.

I also remember the rotten-egg smelling showers...

pt

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2016, 5:58:00 PM10/1/16
On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 9:23:58 AM UTC-7, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 12:02:16 AM UTC-7, Gutless
> > Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> >
> >> Iceland is lovely this time of year (and every other time of
> >> year, as well, I suspect). But it's good to be home, finally.
> >
> > Welcome back.
> >
> > I understand they occasionally turn off outdoor lighting, even
> > the streetlights in Reykjavik at night for the auroras. Does
> > it look as cool as it sounds?
> >
> I did not manage to see the northern lights, due to clouds (which is
> quite common this time of year). I believe there was one night that
> was cloudless enough to see them, but it was one of the last few
> nights I was there and I was so exhausted I was in bed by dark.

Damned shame.

I got to see auroras when I lived in PHX during the last great CME event, visually blaring right through city-light skyglow. It was kind of fun watching all the other Arizonans staring at something other than thunderheads or dust clouds in the sky, too.

Since I moved to the Pacific Northwet, too many clouds for auroras. Or meteors. Or comets.

Thank Ghu for the internet!

Mark L. Fergerson

Tom Kratman

Oct 1, 2016, 7:15:11 PM10/1/16
Ah, but how much time did you get after they let you out of quarantine. Or did you neglect to them them that you're diseased?

Tom Kratman

Oct 1, 2016, 7:15:44 PM10/1/16
Oh, and fuck you, once again, Markie, you fraud.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 8:24:19 PM10/1/16
Cryptoengineer <treif...@gmail.com> wrote in
You can't do it in a week unless all you want to do is drive. (Mind
you, it's an incredible drive, but still, you need to get out of
the car a few times.)

> - got to the southernmost point,
> the 'Golden Circle', the Blue Lagoon (tourist trap, but
> interesting anyway), and visited Snaefells purely for it's
> Stfnal associations.

So you missed the couple of dozen kilometers of gravel road on
highway one? You know, the longest, most important highway in the
country?

> I also remember the rotten-egg smelling showers...

Wasn't nearly as bad as the smell at some of the geothermal spots,
of course. Hverir left my throat raw.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 8:25:10 PM10/1/16

> On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 9:23:58 AM UTC-7, Gutless
> Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> > Welcome back.
>> >
>> > I understand they occasionally turn off outdoor lighting,
>> > even the streetlights in Reykjavik at night for the
>> > auroras. Does it look as cool as it sounds?
>> >
>> I did not manage to see the northern lights, due to clouds
>> (which is quite common this time of year). I believe there was
>> one night that was cloudless enough to see them, but it was one
>> of the last few nights I was there and I was so exhausted I was
>> in bed by dark.
>
> Damned shame.

I agree. Guess I'll have to go back when it's less likely to be
cloudy.

> I got to see auroras when I lived in PHX during the last great
> CME event, visually blaring right through city-light skyglow.
> It was kind of fun watching all the other Arizonans staring at
> something other than thunderheads or dust clouds in the sky,
> too.
>
> Since I moved to the Pacific Northwet, too many clouds for
> auroras. Or meteors. Or comets.
>
> Thank Ghu for the internet!

Heh.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 8:26:08 PM10/1/16
Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in
What's the matter, Little Tommy? Your crappy ass career as a shitty
hack writer doesn't pay well enough for you to travel to exotic
foreign locations? I'm not surprised. I doubt you can afford bus
far to the homeless shelter for cheese sandwiches, based on how
shitty your writing is here.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 8:26:20 PM10/1/16

Tom Kratman

Oct 1, 2016, 8:29:11 PM10/1/16
This just in: Terry the Pussy rapes blonde Icelander: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puFhf3taXpI

Cryptoengineer

Oct 1, 2016, 10:36:54 PM10/1/16
Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in
This is the sort of thing that make Kratman so useless in this group.
He simply had no reason to throw poo at this point. Yet he did so.
Terry, and even Shawn have good, substantive posts on threads in this
group. If Tom has ever done so, I don't recall it. His postings have
never made a positive contribution. One wonders why he bothers.

pt

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 10:40:51 PM10/1/16

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 10:42:12 PM10/1/16
Cryptoengineer <treif...@gmail.com> wrote in
The only human contact he can get is what he can force onto
unwilling victims. This, at least, is harmless. Think about being
in the same room with such a psychopath, who is clearly absolutely
*obsessed* with rape.

Cryptoengineer

Oct 1, 2016, 11:00:47 PM10/1/16
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote in
It's a little over 800 miles. You could do it in a 2-3 days
(and people have) without stopping. But that's kind of stupid.

>> - got to the southernmost point,
>> the 'Golden Circle', the Blue Lagoon (tourist trap, but
>> interesting anyway), and visited Snaefells purely for it's
>> Stfnal associations.
>
> So you missed the couple of dozen kilometers of gravel road on
> highway one? You know, the longest, most important highway in the
> country?

Missed that part. I remember that this was a two lane road (one
each way) for the most part, where if any of us saw something
interesting, I could stop the car on the road, and spend several
minutes taking pictures before it was likely another car would
come along.

I got gravel under my wheels - driving across the 'neck' of Snaefells,
and up to Sólheimajökull (glacial tongue from one of the icecaps). Those
were both 'interesting' driving - gravel, and far steeper inclines than
you'd encounter on most US roads. Kids and wife worried at times, me
saying 'take it slow, its ok'. I did have a 4WD SUV.

>> I also remember the rotten-egg smelling showers...
>>
> Wasn't nearly as bad as the smell at some of the geothermal spots,
> of course. Hverir left my throat raw.

Saw plenty of those :-)

pt

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 1, 2016, 11:11:00 PM10/1/16
Cryptoengineer <treif...@gmail.com> wrote in
I did it with six stops, with at least two nights at most of them.
I almost wish I'd gone fewer places and spent more time in each
one. Almost.

>>> - got to the southernmost point,
>>> the 'Golden Circle', the Blue Lagoon (tourist trap, but
>>> interesting anyway), and visited Snaefells purely for it's
>>> Stfnal associations.
>>
>> So you missed the couple of dozen kilometers of gravel road on
>> highway one? You know, the longest, most important highway in
>> the country?
>
> Missed that part. I remember that this was a two lane road (one
> each way) for the most part, where if any of us saw something
> interesting, I could stop the car on the road, and spend several
> minutes taking pictures before it was likely another car would
> come along.

Yeah, you can do that in a lot of places, even on Highway 1. What
disturbed the most was the number of one lane bridges on this
important highway, especially in the south and east.

> I got gravel under my wheels - driving across the 'neck' of
> Snaefells,

Sounds like the eastern most part of highway 54.

> and up to Sólheimajökull (glacial tongue from one of
> the icecaps). Those were both 'interesting' driving - gravel,
> and far steeper inclines than you'd encounter on most US roads.

One thing I noticed that's quite different form the US is the
complete lack of warning signs on steep grades on the uphill side,
and no warning of anything less than 10% grade on the downhill
side. (Saw one that was 12%!).

> Kids and wife worried at times, me saying 'take it slow, its
> ok'. I did have a 4WD SUV.

I also noticed a distince lack of warning signs, guard rails and
fences in places where, in the US, somebody would go to jail for
not putting up such. The east side of Dettifoss (now there's a road
where I kinda wished I'd had a 4WD, it was about 10-15 mph for
about 10 km), you can walk (or, rather, climb over the jagged
rocks) right to water's edge at the precipice, with no warning or
barrier whatsoever.

I think the principle is that grownups are expected to act like
grownups, and children should be under the supervision of grownups
acting like grownups. The few places I did see guard rails or
warning signs looked like places that already had a body count.

>>> I also remember the rotten-egg smelling showers...
>>>
>> Wasn't nearly as bad as the smell at some of the geothermal
>> spots, of course. Hverir left my throat raw.
>
> Saw plenty of those :-)

And smelled them, too. They're hard to avoid.

Cryptoengineer

Oct 2, 2016, 12:12:45 AM10/2/16
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote in
I agree. Icelanders definitely have a different notion of where
warnings and barriers should be placed. I was pretty happy with
it, At Skogfoss, I had to consider what advice to give to my
23 year old daughter as she climbed into places I didn't think
were safe.

>>> Wasn't nearly as bad as the smell at some of the geothermal
>>> spots, of course. Hverir left my throat raw.
>>
>> Saw plenty of those :-)
>>
> And smelled them, too. They're hard to avoid.

pt

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 2, 2016, 1:16:52 AM10/2/16
Cryptoengineer <treif...@gmail.com> wrote in
They really are still Vikings at heart.

> At Skogfoss, I had to consider what advice to give to my
> 23 year old daughter as she climbed into places I didn't think
> were safe.

"Don't die." Always a good start.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Tom Kratman

Oct 2, 2016, 2:25:40 PM10/2/16
And you're still a self righteous and blind idiot, too.

Tom Kratman

Oct 2, 2016, 2:27:36 PM10/2/16
Tsk, Terry; you must be in awful psychic pain at this point.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 2, 2016, 2:48:22 PM10/2/16

Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 2, 2016, 2:48:35 PM10/2/16

Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2016, 3:11:09 PM10/2/16
On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-7, Tom Kratman wrote:

Mark L. Fergerson

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2016, 3:44:20 PM10/2/16
On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 7:36:54 PM UTC-7, Cryptoengineer wrote:
> Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 5:58:00 PM UTC-4, nu...@bid.nes wrote:

> >> Damned shame.
> >>
> >> I got to see auroras when I lived in PHX during the last great CME
> >> event, visually blaring right through city-light skyglow. It was kind
> >> of fun watching all the other Arizonans staring at something other than
> >> thunderheads or dust clouds in the sky, too.
> >>
> >> Since I moved to the Pacific Northwet, too many clouds for auroras.
> >> Or meteors. Or comets.
> >>
> >> Thank Ghu for the internet!
> >>

> >> Mark L. Fergerson
> >
> > Oh, and fuck you, once again, Markie, you fraud.
>
> This is the sort of thing that make Kratman so useless in this group.
> He simply had no reason to throw poo at this point. Yet he did so.

Oh, sure he did, in his introverted, turgid little excuse for a mind. I've called him out for bullying those who disagree with him, so he tries to bully me into censoring myself.

Like that's gonna work.

If he doesn't like being called out for being an asshole, he could try not *being* an asshole.

Like that's gonna happen.

> Terry, and even Shawn have good, substantive posts on threads in this
> group.

Terry likes being an asshole, and likes being *called* an asshole- something to do with truth in advertising. OTOH Terry also has, from what I've read, vast real- and virtual-world experience in dealing with assholes who just can't bring themselves to own it, like Shawn.

Relevant to your comment, Terry and Shawn also have vast real- and virtual-world experience in other areas that contribute to their ability to hold substantive conversation on topics relevant to the group. Tommy has demonstrated no such knowledge.

Unlike Tommy though, when Terry and Shawn feel like it they can put their assholery aside and hold such conversations.

> If Tom has ever done so, I don't recall it. His postings have
> never made a positive contribution. One wonders why he bothers.

People seeks the stimuli that gratify their needs, even the needs they can't bring themselves to acknowledge.

Mark L. Fergerson

Mart van de Wege

Oct 2, 2016, 4:00:06 PM10/2/16
"nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-7, Tom Kratman wrote:

Mark, Terry,

Want me to whip up a little bot to automate this for you?

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

hamis...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2016, 7:43:08 PM10/2/16
On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 6:44:20 AM UTC+11, nu...@bid.nes wrote:

> Relevant to your comment, Terry and Shawn also have vast real- and virtual-world experience in other areas that contribute to their ability to hold substantive conversation on topics relevant to the group.

Not sure I'll buy that on Shawn.
He can discuss books he's read but that doesn't really count as experience in areas.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 2, 2016, 9:49:31 PM10/2/16
Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in

> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-7, Tom Kratman
>> wrote:

> Mark, Terry,
>
> Want me to whip up a little bot to automate this for you?

That would be a violation of my terms of service, and unlike Little
Tommy, I don't do that. But thanks for the offer.

Just as a thought, if _everyone_ did that - replied with an empty
post, every single time, he'd still be too fucking stupid and
narcissitic to get it.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 2, 2016, 10:01:18 PM10/2/16
"nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote in
Bullying only works if you're scary. Little Tommy isn't scary.
Mostly, I think, he's confused at why no one takes him seriously.

> If he doesn't like being called out for being an asshole, he
> could try not *being* an asshole.

He could try, but it's beyond him.

> Like that's gonna happen.
>
>> Terry, and even Shawn have good, substantive posts on threads
>> in this group.
>
> Terry likes being an asshole, and likes being *called* an
> asshole- something to do with truth in advertising. OTOH Terry
> also has, from what I've read, vast real- and virtual-world
> experience in dealing with assholes who just can't bring
> themselves to own it, like Shawn.

They're more amusing to taunt.

> Relevant to your comment, Terry and Shawn also have vast real-
> and virtual-world experience in other areas that contribute to
> their ability to hold substantive conversation on topics
> relevant to the group.

When has Shawn _ever_ said *anything* that wasn't complete, utter
bullshit? I have literally *never* seen a single post from him that
wasn't.

> Tommy has demonstrated no such
> knowledge.

I think he fancies himself a master troll, meaning he aspires to be
me. Unfortunately, he's not any good at it.

> Unlike Tommy though, when Terry and Shawn feel like it they
> can put their assholery aside and hold such conversations.

There _is_ no substantive conversation for Little Tommy. He has
nothing to say. Literally *nothing*.

>> If Tom has ever done so, I don't recall it. His postings have
>> never made a positive contribution. One wonders why he bothers.
>
> People seeks the stimuli that gratify their needs, even the
> needs they can't bring themselves to acknowledge.

Indeed. He's so desperate for human interaction, he'll even settle
for being kicked like a dog pooping on the carpet. It's all he can
get, after all. What normal person would ever be in the same room
with someone so obsessed with violent rape and beastiality if they
had a choice?

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 2, 2016, 10:01:48 PM10/2/16
hamis...@gmail.com wrote in
And he's full of shit on that, too. Every time, from what I've seen.

Cryptoengineer

Oct 2, 2016, 10:16:11 PM10/2/16

> Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-7, Tom Kratman
>>> wrote:

>> Mark, Terry,
>>
>> Want me to whip up a little bot to automate this for you?
>>
> That would be a violation of my terms of service, and unlike Little
> Tommy, I don't do that. But thanks for the offer.
>
> Just as a thought, if _everyone_ did that - replied with an empty
> post, every single time, he'd still be too fucking stupid and
> narcissitic to get it.

For Tom, and people like him, the most disturbing response is no
response at all.

You'll notice that I don't respond directly to him, (and very rarely
to Starmaker).

If Tom can't get reaction, eventually he'll leave.

pt

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2016, 10:28:13 PM10/2/16
On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 1:00:06 PM UTC-7, Mart van de Wege wrote:
> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-7, Tom Kratman wrote:

> Mark, Terry,
>
> Want me to whip up a little bot to automate this for you?

Thanks, but no. The point is to give him the Last Word personally.

Mark L. Fergerson

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 2, 2016, 11:25:35 PM10/2/16

> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> Mark, Terry,
>>>
>>> Want me to whip up a little bot to automate this for you?
>>>
>> That would be a violation of my terms of service, and unlike
>> Little Tommy, I don't do that. But thanks for the offer.
>>
>> Just as a thought, if _everyone_ did that - replied with an
>> empty post, every single time, he'd still be too fucking stupid
>> and narcissitic to get it.
>>

> For Tom, and people like him, the most disturbing response is no
> response at all.

That's why the blank responses. It's the minimum effort required to
keep the hook set. He *can't* stop until I let him.

> You'll notice that I don't respond directly to him, (and very
> rarely to Starmaker).

You talk *about* him, though.

> If Tom can't get reaction, eventually he'll leave.

Why would I want that? He's *fun*.

Mart van de Wege

Oct 3, 2016, 12:10:04 AM10/3/16
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> writes:

> Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> On Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 4:15:44 PM UTC-7, Tom Kratman
>>> wrote:

>> Mark, Terry,
>>
>> Want me to whip up a little bot to automate this for you?
>>
> That would be a violation of my terms of service,

Well, unless I set the User-Agent to something obvious like Trollbot
Terry, who would see the difference?

> and unlike Little Tommy, I don't do that. But thanks for the offer.

I'm a systems engineer. I dislike seeing obvious repeated tasks not
being automated.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 12:34:34 AM10/3/16

> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> Mark, Terry,
>>>
>>> Want me to whip up a little bot to automate this for you?
>>>
>> That would be a violation of my terms of service,
>
> Well, unless I set the User-Agent to something obvious like
> Trollbot Terry, who would see the difference?

I would.

>> and unlike Little Tommy, I don't do that. But thanks for the
>> offer.
>>
> I'm a systems engineer. I dislike seeing obvious repeated tasks
> not being automated.

I'm a troll. I dislike letting entertaining fish off the hook.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Oct 3, 2016, 1:04:52 AM10/3/16
On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:44:18 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
<Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Relevant to your comment, Terry and Shawn also have vast real- and virtual-world experience in other areas that contribute to their ability to hold substantive conversation on topics relevant to the group. Tommy has demonstrated no such knowledge.

Wait, SHAWN? Seriously? Vast experience?

> Unlike Tommy though, when Terry and Shawn feel like it they can put their assholery aside and hold such conversations.

I will give Shawn this: he does try to hold actual conversations. I
don't think he's very good at it.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 1:59:07 AM10/3/16
Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
org:

> On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:44:18 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
> <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Relevant to your comment, Terry and Shawn also have vast real-
>> and virtual-world experience in other areas that contribute to
>> their ability to hold substantive conversation on topics
>> relevant to the group. Tommy has demonstrated no such
>> knowledge.
>
> Wait, SHAWN? Seriously? Vast experience?

Only at being a retard.

>> Unlike Tommy though, when Terry and Shawn feel like it they
>> can put their assholery aside and hold such conversations.
>
> I will give Shawn this: he does try to hold actual
> conversations. I don't think he's very good at it.

I disagree. He tries to feel important by pontificating on subjects
he has deluded himself into believing he is knowledgable about. A
conversation is a bisynchronus process. Both people participate. Both
people contribute. Shawn doesn't want a conversation, he wants a fan
club.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Oct 3, 2016, 2:38:46 AM10/3/16
On Sun, 02 Oct 2016 22:59:05 -0700, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<taus...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
>org:
>
>> I will give Shawn this: he does try to hold actual
>> conversations. I don't think he's very good at it.
>>
>I disagree. He tries to feel important by pontificating on subjects
>he has deluded himself into believing he is knowledgable about. A
>conversation is a bisynchronus process. Both people participate. Both
>people contribute. Shawn doesn't want a conversation, he wants a fan
>club.

You make a convincing case.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 3:32:37 AM10/3/16
Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
org:
The best thing to bait your hook with is as much truth as will fit.

Peter Trei

Oct 3, 2016, 10:08:41 AM10/3/16
On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 11:25:35 PM UTC-4, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> Cryptoengineer <treif...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote in
> >
> >> Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in

> >> That would be a violation of my terms of service, and unlike
> >> Little Tommy, I don't do that. But thanks for the offer.
> >>
> >> Just as a thought, if _everyone_ did that - replied with an
> >> empty post, every single time, he'd still be too fucking stupid
> >> and narcissitic to get it.
> >>

> > For Tom, and people like him, the most disturbing response is no
> > response at all.
>
> That's why the blank responses. It's the minimum effort required to
> keep the hook set. He *can't* stop until I let him.

In my business, traffic analysis and metadata is a real thing. Every time
you respond to Tom, even with a blank message, he interprets that as that
you find him interesting, and read his messages. He has you on the hook
just as much as you do him.

If he finds his messages are just going off into the void, ignored, he'll
give up. Trolls don't like that.

> > You'll notice that I don't respond directly to him, (and very
> > rarely to Starmaker).
>
> You talk *about* him, though.

Sure, but rarely, since you keep bringing him up.

> > If Tom can't get reaction, eventually he'll leave.
> >
> Why would I want that? He's *fun*.

I find him interminably boring and predictable. Once you've
seen one poo-flinging monkey, you've seen them all.

If he actually did post substantive content, I'd respond in kind,
as I've done for Shawn (and you).

pt

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 3, 2016, 10:16:12 AM10/3/16
On 10/3/16 12:34 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> That would be a violation of my terms of service,
>>
>> Well, unless I set the User-Agent to something obvious like
>> Trollbot Terry, who would see the difference?
>
> I would.
>>
>>> and unlike Little Tommy, I don't do that. But thanks for the
>>> offer.
>>>
>> I'm a systems engineer. I dislike seeing obvious repeated tasks
>> not being automated.
>>
> I'm a troll. I dislike letting entertaining fish off the hook.

Mart, let the man have pride in his noisome craft!

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 3, 2016, 10:17:27 AM10/3/16
On 10/3/16 3:32 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
> org:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Oct 2016 22:59:05 -0700, Gutless Umbrella Carrying
>> Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
>>> r. org:

>>> I disagree. He tries to feel important by pontificating on
>>> subjects he has deluded himself into believing he is
>>> knowledgable about. A conversation is a bisynchronus process.
>>> Both people participate. Both people contribute. Shawn doesn't
>>> want a conversation, he wants a fan club.
>>
>> You make a convincing case.
>>
> The best thing to bait your hook with is as much truth as will fit.

Though I have actually seen him make coherent and reasonable posts
occasionally on RPG matters, without even bringing in his economist
qualifications right away.

Juho Julkunen

Oct 3, 2016, 10:40:29 AM10/3/16
In article <nstp97$fc5$2...@dont-email.me>, sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com
says...

> Though I have actually seen him make coherent and reasonable posts
> occasionally on RPG matters, without even bringing in his economist
> qualifications right away.

Technically, him saying "actual economist here" doesn't really qualify
as qualifications. I don't think I've ever seen him say anything not
covered in econ 101 (or equivalent).

--
Juho Julkunen

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 3, 2016, 11:45:19 AM10/3/16
Sorry, I left out the air quotes for "economist qualifications".

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 11:47:14 AM10/3/16
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
I haven't, ever, seen him post anything in which he is not
completely full of shit.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 11:47:44 AM10/3/16
Juho Julkunen <giao...@hotmail.com> wrote in
Or get that right.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 11:51:56 AM10/3/16
Peter Trei <pete...@gmail.com> wrote in
No doubt. On the other hand, I just had two weeks in which I didn't
think about him at all, because vacation was significantly more
interesting than a chew toy, but he continued to crow about me.

> If he finds his messages are just going off into the void,
> ignored, he'll give up. Trolls don't like that.

Precisely. I'm not ready to allow him to do that yet.

>> > You'll notice that I don't respond directly to him, (and very
>> > rarely to Starmaker).
>>
>> You talk *about* him, though.
>
> Sure, but rarely, since you keep bringing him up.

By your own logic, you, personally, keep him here.

>> > If Tom can't get reaction, eventually he'll leave.
>> >
>> Why would I want that? He's *fun*.
>
> I find him interminably boring and predictable. Once you've
> seen one poo-flinging monkey, you've seen them all.

Some are more persistant than others, and this one dances with his
tiny little wee-wee waving at the tourists.

In the meantime, his obsession with violent rape and beastility is
now well documented in a public forum he cannot edit.

> If he actually did post substantive content, I'd respond in
> kind, as I've done for Shawn (and you).

I'm still waiting for somebody to point out to me a post by Shawn
in which is is attempting to engage in a conversation (rather than
just bragging about how smart he is), and isn't competely, utterly,
totally full of shit. He, like Crapman, is incapable of admitting
he was ever wrong, on any subject, ever, in his entire life. That's
not conversation, that's narcissism.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 11:52:35 AM10/3/16
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
Like I need his permission. How's the next Arena book coming? I
can't wait.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 11:57:43 AM10/3/16

> On 10/3/16 10:40 AM, Juho Julkunen wrote:
>> In article <nstp97$fc5$2...@dont-email.me>,
>> sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com says...
>>
>>> Though I have actually seen him make coherent and
>>> reasonable posts
>>> occasionally on RPG matters, without even bringing in his
>>> economist qualifications right away.
>>
>> Technically, him saying "actual economist here" doesn't really
>> qualify as qualifications. I don't think I've ever seen him say
>> anything not covered in econ 101 (or equivalent).
>>

> Sorry, I left out the air quotes for "economist
> qualifications".

You should be. Can you say "That was my Shawn Wilson impersonation"
with a straight face?

Scott Lurndal

Oct 3, 2016, 12:09:42 PM10/3/16
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> writes:
>Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> Oh, and fuck you, once again, Markie, you fraud.
>>
>What's the matter, Little Tommy? Your crappy ass career as a shitty
>hack writer doesn't pay well enough for you to travel to exotic
>foreign locations? I'm not surprised. I doubt you can afford bus
>far to the homeless shelter for cheese sandwiches, based on how
>shitty your writing is here.

He's just pissed of because he couldn't get his battalion, particularly
when a woman can (e.g. Lt. Col. Frost, who commands the 304th Military Intelligence Battalion)

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 3, 2016, 12:33:01 PM10/3/16
I'm posting snippets of it now.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 3, 2016, 12:33:16 PM10/3/16
On 10/3/16 11:57 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
>
>> On 10/3/16 10:40 AM, Juho Julkunen wrote:
>>> In article <nstp97$fc5$2...@dont-email.me>,
>>> sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com says...

>>> Technically, him saying "actual economist here" doesn't really
>>> qualify as qualifications. I don't think I've ever seen him say
>>> anything not covered in econ 101 (or equivalent).
>>>

>> Sorry, I left out the air quotes for "economist
>> qualifications".
>>
> You should be. Can you say "That was my Shawn Wilson impersonation"
> with a straight face?

Only if it's economically justified!

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 1:02:09 PM10/3/16
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
I saw that, but I'll wait for the eArc, I think.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 1:02:44 PM10/3/16

> On 10/3/16 11:57 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in

>>> Sorry, I left out the air quotes for "economist
>>> qualifications".
>>>
>> You should be. Can you say "That was my Shawn Wilson
>> impersonation" with a straight face?
>>

> Only if it's economically justified!

And if it is, then it's inevitable, because *everyone* *always*
acts in their own economic interest, without any possiblity of
error or misunderstanding!

Mart van de Wege

Oct 3, 2016, 1:10:06 PM10/3/16
Oh sure. I was partially twitting him a bit about his replies being
robotical, but Terry being Terry that was water off a duck's back.

But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text processing just
cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy fingers when I see that.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 1:14:49 PM10/3/16
Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote in
If I wanted to automate it, I could do it in Visual Basic. It's not
rocket surgery, after all. But that would take all the fun out of
it. It's hard to laugh at the loser when you're not actually aware
of his antics.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 3, 2016, 1:15:19 PM10/3/16
Then early December is the likely date.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 2:21:28 PM10/3/16
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
I'm crushed. Like an aluminum can on Tom Kratman's forehead, to
prove how manly he is.

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2016, 2:30:51 PM10/3/16
On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 10:04:52 PM UTC-7, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:44:18 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
> <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Relevant to your comment, Terry and Shawn also have vast real- and
> > virtual-world experience in other areas that contribute to their
> > ability to hold substantive conversation on topics relevant to the group.
> > Tommy has demonstrated no such knowledge.
>
> Wait, SHAWN? Seriously? Vast experience?

Oh, all right, half-vast.

> > Unlike Tommy though, when Terry and Shawn feel like it they can put
> > their assholery aside and hold such conversations.
>
> I will give Shawn this: he does try to hold actual conversations. I
> don't think he's very good at it.

Exactly. Unlike Tommy, Shawn does* make the effort.

Why, I once sorta tried to side-troll Shawn in his thread about re-re-imagining the King Arthur mythos on the point of the economics and logistics of supplying armies in Olden Times, but he looked at the bait and, as Naval officers say, declined to engage.

Now, I don't know if he already knew what small beer was or had seen it in Wikipedia, but he made a good case for it being the hydrator of choice for the times over wine and iffy found water. Maybe experience, maybe intellectual awareness. Also, he handled my questioning his choices in arming and armoring relatively poorly trained peasant troops with a reasonable approximation of aplomb, something completely out of Tommy's capability.

* Did, rather. I haven't noticed him posting lately.

Mark L. Fergerson

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 2:39:03 PM10/3/16

> On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 10:04:52 PM UTC-7, Lawrence
> Watt-Evans wrote:
>> On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:44:18 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
>> <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Relevant to your comment, Terry and Shawn also have vast
>> > real- and
>> > virtual-world experience in other areas that contribute to
>> > their ability to hold substantive conversation on topics
>> > relevant to the grou
> p.
>> > Tommy has demonstrated no such knowledge.
>>
>> Wait, SHAWN? Seriously? Vast experience?
>
> Oh, all right, half-vast.

Remove the "v," and you're close, at least phonetically.

>> > Unlike Tommy though, when Terry and Shawn feel like it they
>> > can put
>> > their assholery aside and hold such conversations.
>>
>> I will give Shawn this: he does try to hold actual
>> conversations. I don't think he's very good at it.
>
> Exactly. Unlike Tommy, Shawn does* make the effort.

No, he really doesn't. As I explained, a conversation is a two way
thing, and Shawn is impervious to any information that does not
come out of his ass.

> Why, I once sorta tried to side-troll Shawn in his thread
> about re-re-imagining the King Arthur mythos on the point of
> the economics and logistics of supplying armies in Olden
> Times, but he looked at the bait and, as Naval officers say,
> declined to engage.

Which isn't surprising, since the historical athurian period was
very much about exactly that in many ways.

> Now, I don't know if he already knew what small beer was or
> had seen it in Wikipedia, but he made a good case for it being
> the hydrator of choice for the times over wine and iffy found
> water. Maybe experience, maybe intellectual awareness. Also,
> he handled my questioning his choices in arming and armoring
> relatively poorly trained peasant troops with a reasonable
> approximation of aplomb, something completely out of Tommy's
> capability.
>
> * Did, rather. I haven't noticed him posting lately.

The library probably kicked him off their WiFi for downloading
porn.

David DeLaney

Oct 3, 2016, 3:57:15 PM10/3/16
On 2016-10-02, Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tsk, Terry; you must be in awful psychic pain at this point.

... you are SO extremely misinterpreting his reactions, trust us.

Terry, maybe you need to start using appropriate (shudder) emoticons when
typing to Tomaso? It's possible he's more pictogram-oriented...

Dave, I'm told that emotion and nuance are hard to get across in text, but
you couldn't prove it by me
website on VIC is down, probably for good - oh well/ I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

David DeLaney

Oct 3, 2016, 4:00:06 PM10/3/16
On 2016-10-03, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No doubt. On the other hand, I just had two weeks in which I didn't
> think about him at all, because vacation was significantly more
> interesting than a chew toy, but he continued to crow about me.

Even ater he got forcibly reminded that you WEREN'T THERE and you had TOLD
him beforehand you weren't gooing to be there for a while.

My boggle-meter is overscrolled on the right end just to avoid situations like
this making it make the SPROING noise - and then I have to go find where the
needle ended up this time.

Dave, planning ahead

David DeLaney

Oct 3, 2016, 4:03:12 PM10/3/16
On 2016-10-03, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> On 10/3/16 11:57 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>> You should be. Can you say "That was my Shawn Wilson impersonation"
>> with a straight face?
>
> Only if it's economically justified!

Left-justified or right-justified?

Dave, it's the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE up through the start of November. IT IS!!
really! no come back!

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 4:15:08 PM10/3/16
David DeLaney <davidd...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On 2016-10-02, Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tsk, Terry; you must be in awful psychic pain at this point.
>
> ... you are SO extremely misinterpreting his reactions, trust
> us.
>
> Terry, maybe you need to start using appropriate (shudder)
> emoticons when typing to Tomaso? It's possible he's more
> pictogram-oriented...

I doubt he could see a flashing neon sign, since his head is so far
up his ass his only view of the world is through his belly button.

Plus, of course, he's exactly where I choose for him to be, so why
risk changing it?

> Dave, I'm told that emotion and nuance are hard to get across in
> text, but
> you couldn't prove it by me

Heh.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 4:18:34 PM10/3/16

> On 2016-10-03, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No doubt. On the other hand, I just had two weeks in which I
>> didn't think about him at all, because vacation was
>> significantly more interesting than a chew toy, but he
>> continued to crow about me.
>
> Even ater he got forcibly reminded that you WEREN'T THERE and
> you had TOLD him beforehand you weren't gooing to be there for a
> while.

Don't forget, my departing instruction to him was to continue to
crow, and he replied that he wouldn't, then did anyway.

> My boggle-meter is overscrolled on the right end just to avoid
> situations like this making it make the SPROING noise - and then
> I have to go find where the needle ended up this time.
>
> Dave, planning ahead

Yeah, well, I wouldn't bother to recalibrate it just yet.

Brian M. Scott

Oct 3, 2016, 4:31:26 PM10/3/16
On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:09:29 +0200, Mart van de Wege
<mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
in<news:86bmz1w...@gaheris.avalon.lan> in
rec.arts.sf.written:

[...]

> But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
> processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
> fingers when I see that.

Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.

Brian
--
It was the neap tide, when the baga venture out of their
holes to root for sandtatties. The waves whispered

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Oct 3, 2016, 4:33:03 PM10/3/16
On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 16:31:24 -0400, "Brian M. Scott"
<b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:09:29 +0200, Mart van de Wege
><mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
>in<news:86bmz1w...@gaheris.avalon.lan> in
>rec.arts.sf.written:
>
>[...]
>
>> But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
>> processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
>> fingers when I see that.
>
>Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.

+1

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Oct 3, 2016, 4:33:35 PM10/3/16
On 10/3/16 4:31 PM, Brian M. Scott wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:09:29 +0200, Mart van de Wege
> <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
> in<news:86bmz1w...@gaheris.avalon.lan> in
> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
> [...]
>
>> But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
>> processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
>> fingers when I see that.
>
> Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.
>
> Brian

*slow* *clap* Bra-vo....

Mart van de Wege

Oct 3, 2016, 4:50:05 PM10/3/16
"Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> writes:

> On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:09:29 +0200, Mart van de Wege
> <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
> in<news:86bmz1w...@gaheris.avalon.lan> in
> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
> [...]
>
>> But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
>> processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
>> fingers when I see that.
>
> Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.

Oh bravo, Sir!

Quadibloc

Oct 3, 2016, 4:56:02 PM10/3/16
On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 2:03:12 PM UTC-6, David DeLaney wrote:

> Left-justified or right-justified?

While ragged-right composition is equally readable, and thus when systems are
used that don't permit full justification without a second typing, it can be
recommended, ragged-left is simply a special effect.

Justification to both margins is the standard practise.

John Savard

Brian M. Scott

Oct 3, 2016, 5:17:00 PM10/3/16
On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:55:58 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
<jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote
in<news:c38fd282-29d3-4ddd...@googlegroups.com>
in rec.arts.sf.written:
This is in the running for Most Idiotic Response of the
Year.

And the noun is <practice>; <practise> is the verb.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 5:28:05 PM10/3/16
"Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in news:1a7qsbtwdsuds
$.k93l647s...@40tude.net:

> On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:09:29 +0200, Mart van de Wege
> <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
> in<news:86bmz1w...@gaheris.avalon.lan> in
> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
> [...]
>
>> But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
>> processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
>> fingers when I see that.
>
> Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.

You are a very bad person. I like that about you.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 3, 2016, 5:30:27 PM10/3/16
"Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in
Would that be the Quaddie Award, named for the perennial winnder?

> And the noun is <practice>; <practise> is the verb.

And that only outside the US.

Don Bruder

Oct 3, 2016, 7:09:37 PM10/3/16
In article <1phj7ky29ef1z.13uw2d6hyw0to$.d...@40tude.net>,
It's just his inner Poindexter coming to the fore again...

--
Brought to you by the letter K and the number .357
Security provided by Horace S. & Dan W.

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2016, 8:43:06 PM10/3/16
On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 1:31:26 PM UTC-7, Brian M. Scott wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:09:29 +0200, Mart van de Wege
> <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
> in<news:86bmz1w...@gaheris.avalon.lan> in
> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
> [...]
>
> > But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
> > processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
> > fingers when I see that.
>
> Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.

(Throws 50 kg of peanut shells. In a barrel.)

Mark L. Fergerson

David DeLaney

Oct 4, 2016, 1:36:21 PM10/4/16
On 2016-10-03, Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote:
> "Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote:
>>Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
>>> processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
>>> fingers when I see that.
>>
>>Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.
>
> +1

would read again

Dave, also, it would implement the old threat "I could replace you with a
very small shell script"

Anthony Nance

Oct 5, 2016, 2:45:47 PM10/5/16
Brian M. Scott <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:09:29 +0200, Mart van de Wege
> <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote
> in<news:86bmz1w...@gaheris.avalon.lan> in
> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
> [...]
>
>> But I have my pride in my work, and networking and text
>> processing just cries out for a bit of Perl. I get itchy
>> fingers when I see that.
>
> Ah, I see: you wanted to cast Perl before swine.

Awesome. Almost as awesome as your "furlongs per fortnight"
method to get the numner of feet in a mile.

Tony, but then I'd be biased in that direction

Kevrob

Oct 5, 2016, 5:50:28 PM10/5/16
I read a "Murphy's Law" and corollaries listing that was printed
in the back of one of my college buddies' engineering textbooks,
which had the equivalent of:

"Measurements will be quoted in the least practical unit; velocity, for example, will be measured in 'furlongs-per-fortnight'."

Found @:

http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-technology.html

That always stuck with me. Nobody in my family was a horser-player,
but I used to read "Mutt & Jeff" as a kid, and another racing-related
comic strip the New York Daily News ran, both printed hard by the
racing stats pages in the sports pages, so "furlong" was not strange
to me, even then.

Kevin R

ex-News paperboy

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 5, 2016, 5:54:49 PM10/5/16
Kevrob <kev...@my-deja.com> wrote in
Can you tell me, without looking, how long a smoot is, and where it
is used?

Kevrob

Oct 5, 2016, 5:59:50 PM10/5/16
Nope. I was a history major. When I see "smoot," I think
"Smoot-Hawley Tarrif" - made the Depression worse.\

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot%E2%80%93Hawley_Tariff_Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_Smoot

Kevin R

Kevrob

Oct 5, 2016, 6:04:15 PM10/5/16
Aggghhh. Tariff

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot%E2%80%93Hawley_Tariff_Act
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_Smoot

I have since educated myself on the aforementioned "smoot."
I had seen it before, but forgot it. Class? Anyone? Bueller?

Kevin R

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 5, 2016, 6:16:13 PM10/5/16
Kevrob <kev...@my-deja.com> wrote in
Good old Oliver, who went on to head up ANSI.

Peter Trei

Oct 5, 2016, 6:18:03 PM10/5/16
Wrong Smoot.

I knew, but it's a local thing for me: 5 feet, 7 inches, or 1.7018 m

The namesake's later position as chairman of ANSI is either irony, or
nominative determinism.

pt

Brian M. Scott

Oct 5, 2016, 6:20:02 PM10/5/16
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 14:54:47 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
in<news:XnsA69897B459C...@69.16.179.42> in
rec.arts.sf.written:

[...]

> Can you tell me, without looking, how long a smoot is,
> and where it is used?

3.404 x 10^8 beard-seconds, according to the Google
Calculator. (Yes, I know, that counts as looking it up.)
Alternatively, it’s 55.1516 attoparsecs.

You know how we have both a U.S. gallon and the imperial
gallon? I find myself wanting to rebaptize the smoot as
the Harvard yard.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 5, 2016, 6:37:54 PM10/5/16
"Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in news:3ry9evoafuan
$.6y7tydm10vxi$.d...@40tude.net:

> On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 14:54:47 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
> Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
> in<news:XnsA69897B459C...@69.16.179.42> in
> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
> [...]
>
>> Can you tell me, without looking, how long a smoot is,
>> and where it is used?
>
> 3.404 x 10^8 beard-seconds, according to the Google
> Calculator. (Yes, I know, that counts as looking it up.)
> Alternatively, it’s 55.1516 attoparsecs.

In looking up the precise definition of a beard-second, I discovered
the Sheppey. Having just spent some time in a place that appeared to
be constructed entire out of black volcanic rock and sheep, I find it
to be an accurate definition.

> You know how we have both a U.S. gallon and the imperial
> gallon? I find myself wanting to rebaptize the smoot as
> the Harvard yard.

Wouldn't that be the MIT yard?

Brian M. Scott

Oct 5, 2016, 6:48:24 PM10/5/16
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 15:37:52 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
in<news:XnsA6989F0216...@69.16.179.42> in
rec.arts.sf.written:

> "Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in news:3ry9evoafuan
> $.6y7tydm10vxi$.d...@40tude.net:

>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 14:54:47 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
>> Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
>> in<news:XnsA69897B459C...@69.16.179.42> in
>> rec.arts.sf.written:

>> [...]

>>> Can you tell me, without looking, how long a smoot is,
>>> and where it is used?

>> 3.404 x 10^8 beard-seconds, according to the Google
>> Calculator. (Yes, I know, that counts as looking it up.)
>> Alternatively, it’s 55.1516 attoparsecs.

> In looking up the precise definition of a beard-second, I
> discovered the Sheppey. Having just spent some time in a
> place that appeared to be constructed entire out of
> black volcanic rock and sheep, I find it to be an
> accurate definition.

It could be useful in parts of Scotland, too, as I
discovered on a cycling tour about 25 years ago.

>> You know how we have both a U.S. gallon and the imperial
>> gallon? I find myself wanting to rebaptize the smoot as
>> the Harvard yard.

> Wouldn't that be the MIT yard?

It was used to measure the Harvard Bridge, and Harvard Yard
is pretty well known, so ...

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 5, 2016, 6:54:25 PM10/5/16
"Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in news:2ikd7xv990wg
$.1prw7bptufn7l$.d...@40tude.net:

>> $.6y7tydm10vxi$.d...@40tude.net:
>
>>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 14:54:47 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
>>> Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> in<news:XnsA69897B459C...@69.16.179.42> in
>>> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
>>> [...]
>
>>> 3.404 x 10^8 beard-seconds, according to the Google
>>> Calculator. (Yes, I know, that counts as looking it up.)
>>> Alternatively, it’s 55.1516 attoparsecs.
>
>> In looking up the precise definition of a beard-second, I
>> discovered the Sheppey. Having just spent some time in a
>> place that appeared to be constructed entire out of
>> black volcanic rock and sheep, I find it to be an
>> accurate definition.
>
> It could be useful in parts of Scotland, too, as I
> discovered on a cycling tour about 25 years ago.

I can see that.

>>> You know how we have both a U.S. gallon and the imperial
>>> gallon? I find myself wanting to rebaptize the smoot as
>>> the Harvard yard.
>
>> Wouldn't that be the MIT yard?
>
> It was used to measure the Harvard Bridge, and Harvard Yard
> is pretty well known, so ...

Ah, makes sense. Is that allowed in this thread? Or on the interent
at all, for that matter?

Brian M. Scott

Oct 5, 2016, 7:17:52 PM10/5/16
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 15:54:22 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
in<news:XnsA698A1CECA2...@69.16.179.43> in
rec.arts.sf.written:

> "Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in news:2ikd7xv990wg
> $.1prw7bptufn7l$.d...@40tude.net:

>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 15:37:52 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
>> Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
>> in<news:XnsA6989F0216...@69.16.179.42> in
>> rec.arts.sf.written:

>>> "Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in
>>> $.6y7tydm10vxi$.d...@40tude.net:

[...]

>>> Wouldn't that be the MIT yard?

>> It was used to measure the Harvard Bridge, and Harvard
>> Yard is pretty well known, so ...

> Ah, makes sense. Is that allowed in this thread?

I *think* that this thread already enjoys enough lunacy to
warrant an exception.

> Or on the interent at all, for that matter?

I look at it this way: the internet is both chaotic and
huge, and if you throw enough chaos together, the laws of
probability guarantee a few localized patches of apparent
order from time to time. That which is inevitable cannot
break the rules (he says with fingers firmly crossed).

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Oct 5, 2016, 7:42:25 PM10/5/16
"Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in news:em5iqd0o43dt
$.umoe5f06m6yz$.d...@40tude.net:

>> $.1prw7bptufn7l$.d...@40tude.net:
>
>>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 15:37:52 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
>>> Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> in<news:XnsA6989F0216...@69.16.179.42> in
>>> rec.arts.sf.written:

> [...]
>
>>> It was used to measure the Harvard Bridge, and Harvard
>>> Yard is pretty well known, so ...
>
>> Ah, makes sense. Is that allowed in this thread?
>
> I *think* that this thread already enjoys enough lunacy to
> warrant an exception.

I doubt thinking was involved in that statement at all, but hey,
whatever gets you though the night.

>> Or on the interent at all, for that matter?
>
> I look at it this way: the internet is both chaotic and
> huge, and if you throw enough chaos together, the laws of
> probability guarantee a few localized patches of apparent
> order from time to time. That which is inevitable cannot
> break the rules (he says with fingers firmly crossed).

You're assuming there is no all-power malevolence behind it all.

"Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of
him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is
Keyser Soze."

David DeLaney

Oct 5, 2016, 10:32:55 PM10/5/16
On 2016-10-05, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you tell me, without looking, how long a smoot is, and where it
> is used?

Without looking? I can tell you _approximately_ ... and the kind of structure
it's used on. But details I'd have to go refresh myself on.

Dave, what is the internet for, if not to hold details of trivia for the common
good?

David DeLaney

Oct 5, 2016, 10:36:37 PM10/5/16
On 2016-10-05, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having just spent some time in a place that appeared to
> be constructed entire out of black volcanic rock and sheep,

... and now this phrase is causing me to have flashbacks to certain Cyriak
videos. And to regret that he hasn't had any actual new ones in a few months.

Dave

hamis...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2016, 11:17:32 PM10/5/16
On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 1:32:55 PM UTC+11, David DeLaney wrote:
> On 2016-10-05, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you tell me, without looking, how long a smoot is, and where it
> > is used?
>
> Without looking? I can tell you _approximately_ ... and the kind of structure
> it's used on. But details I'd have to go refresh myself on.
>
> Dave, what is the internet for, if not to hold details of trivia for the common
> good?

cat videos

Alie...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2016, 11:41:57 PM10/5/16