_Strange Music: A Pip & Flinx Adventure (Adventures of Pip & Flinx)_ by Alan Dean Foster

Lynn McGuire

Jun 17, 2017, 2:21:58 AM6/17/17
_Strange Music: A Pip & Flinx Adventure (Adventures of Pip & Flinx)_ by
Alan Dean Foster

https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Music-Flinx-Adventure-Adventures/dp/1101967609/

Well, this is a pleasant surprise !

Lynn

Robert Bannister

Jun 17, 2017, 9:56:52 PM6/17/17
Tempting, but $15 for a kindle version is a bit over the top.

--
Robert B. born England a long time ago;
Western Australia since 1972

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jun 18, 2017, 6:14:59 AM6/18/17
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 09:56:47 +0800, Robert Bannister
<robertb...@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

>On 17/6/17 2:21 pm, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> _Strange Music: A Pip & Flinx Adventure (Adventures of Pip & Flinx)_ by
>> Alan Dean Foster
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Music-Flinx-Adventure-Adventures/dp/1101967609/
>>

>> Well, this is a pleasant surprise !
>
>Tempting, but $15 for a kindle version is a bit over the top.

That's paying higher price for earlier access. Wait three months and
it'll be down at $8.

I'll probably will pay for earlier access, since I'm currently in a
fortunate position with my disposable income levels and most of my ADF
books were second hand so I'm rather behind on getting cash into his
pocket.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

Lynn McGuire

Jun 19, 2017, 4:44:37 PM6/19/17
On 6/17/2017 8:56 PM, Robert Bannister wrote:
> On 17/6/17 2:21 pm, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> _Strange Music: A Pip & Flinx Adventure (Adventures of Pip & Flinx)_
>> by Alan Dean Foster
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Music-Flinx-Adventure-Adventures/dp/1101967609/
>>

>> Well, this is a pleasant surprise !
>
> Tempting, but $15 for a kindle version is a bit over the top.

The Kindle version shows up as $12.99 USD for me.

The hard cover is $21.15 (discounted from $27).

Lynn

hamis...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 8:21:06 PM6/19/17
Note the Western Australia since 1972 in Robert's sig

Robert Bannister

Jun 19, 2017, 10:35:24 PM6/19/17
On 20/6/17 4:44 am, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 6/17/2017 8:56 PM, Robert Bannister wrote:
>> On 17/6/17 2:21 pm, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>> _Strange Music: A Pip & Flinx Adventure (Adventures of Pip & Flinx)_
>>> by Alan Dean Foster
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Music-Flinx-Adventure-Adventures/dp/1101967609/
>>>

>>> Well, this is a pleasant surprise !
>>
>> Tempting, but $15 for a kindle version is a bit over the top.
>
> The Kindle version shows up as $12.99 USD for me.

I was probably looking at Australian dollars.

> The hard cover is $21.15 (discounted from $27).
>
> Lynn

Robert Carnegie

Jun 20, 2017, 3:53:39 AM6/20/17
On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 03:35:24 UTC+1, Robert Bannister wrote:
> On 20/6/17 4:44 am, Lynn McGuire wrote:

> >> Tempting, but $15 for a kindle version is a bit over the top.
> >
> > The Kindle version shows up as $12.99 USD for me.
>
> I was probably looking at Australian dollars.

I thought "Then the U.S. is doing worse than
I knew" - and it is, but I think you still
have a better deal.

Lynn McGuire

Jun 21, 2017, 12:53:37 AM6/21/17
No VAT. Yet.

Lynn

Robert Carnegie

Jun 21, 2017, 3:21:41 AM6/21/17
You mean sales tax?

Lynn McGuire

Jun 21, 2017, 4:38:39 PM6/21/17
Most of the states in the USA have sales tax. But there is no VAT tax
in the USA, yet. They are talking about adding a 10% import duty that
will be a VAT tax for all imports though.

Lynn

David DeLaney

Jun 22, 2017, 1:14:08 AM6/22/17
... a value-added tax tax?

Dave, petting a peeve
gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd - net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jun 22, 2017, 1:18:49 AM6/22/17
In article <XKWdnSUlTeiFz9bE...@earthlink.com>,
David DeLaney <d...@vic.com> wrote:
>On 2017-06-21, Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/21/2017 2:21 AM, Robert Carnegie wrote:
>>> You mean sales tax?
>>
>> Most of the states in the USA have sales tax. But there is no VAT tax
>> in the USA, yet. They are talking about adding a 10% import duty that
>> will be a VAT tax for all imports though.
>
>... a value-added tax tax?
>
>Dave, petting a peeve

I may need to get some money out of the ATM machine to pay it..
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

J. Clarke

Jun 22, 2017, 6:12:09 AM6/22/17
In article <XKWdnSUlTeiFz9bE...@earthlink.com>,
davidd...@earthlink.net says...

> On 2017-06-21, Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/21/2017 2:21 AM, Robert Carnegie wrote:
> >> You mean sales tax?
> >
> > Most of the states in the USA have sales tax. But there is no VAT tax
> > in the USA, yet. They are talking about adding a 10% import duty that
> > will be a VAT tax for all imports though.
>
> ... a value-added tax tax?
>
> Dave, petting a peeve

Shhhh. Don't give the politicians ideas.

Michael F. Stemper

Jun 22, 2017, 9:56:37 AM6/22/17
On 2017-06-22 00:18, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <XKWdnSUlTeiFz9bE...@earthlink.com>,
> David DeLaney <d...@vic.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Most of the states in the USA have sales tax. But there is no VAT tax
>>> in the USA, yet. They are talking about adding a 10% import duty that
>>> will be a VAT tax for all imports though.
>>
>> ... a value-added tax tax?
>>
>> Dave, petting a peeve
>
> I may need to get some money out of the ATM machine to pay it..

Make sure that you enter your PIN number first...

--
Michael F. Stemper
87.3% of all statistics are made up by the person giving them.

Kevrob

Jun 22, 2017, 11:40:47 AM6/22/17
On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 6:12:09 AM UTC-4, J. Clarke wrote:
> In article <XKWdnSUlTeiFz9bE...@earthlink.com>,
> davidd...@earthlink.net says...

> > > Most of the states in the USA have sales tax. But there is no VAT tax
> > > in the USA, yet. They are talking about adding a 10% import duty that
> > > will be a VAT tax for all imports though.
> >
> > ... a value-added tax tax?

I have referred to the teacher who took over our seventh grade, Mr R,
after Sr "I'm crazy now and have to go to the home" left us.

This thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.arts.sf.fandom/U5_88vV_n_s/6PJT6WUy8NUJ

Mr R taught us:

"Never put a tax on a tax
Or your mother gets the ax."

He illustrated this with a picture of an ax dripping blood, done
on the board in colored chalk.

He was encouraging us to use the pre-tax sub-total to figure
taxes charged as a per cent. For example, if the city tax is
1% and the state tax is 5%, each is charged against the same
sub-total.

Mr R was a trip, as we said in 1969.

> > Dave, petting a peeve
>
> Shhhh. Don't give the politicians ideas.

Like they'd know what to do with an idea!

Kevin R

Robert Carnegie

Jun 22, 2017, 3:10:59 PM6/22/17
In Britain, "Fuel Duty" is a large slice of
the retail price of gasoline. Then "V A T"
is charged /on the duty/ - that is, on that
retail price. So, It's Been Done.

Kevrob

Jun 22, 2017, 3:53:56 PM6/22/17
When I lived in Wisconsin, and my friends who drove
(I, at the time, had no car) took me on road trips to
Illinois, there was much cursing and gnashing of teeth
because the @#$%&?!! flatlanders in Springfield had the
retail sales tax on gasoline, in addition to the per-
gallon tax!

They still do it!

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/hosed-at-the-pump-illinois-gas-taxes/

Even chiseling people in this way, they can't tame their budget.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_Budget_Impasse

Mind you, the solons in Hartford, CT are little better.

Kevin R

Anthony Nance

Jun 23, 2017, 12:26:37 PM6/23/17
Michael F. Stemper <michael...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2017-06-22 00:18, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article <XKWdnSUlTeiFz9bE...@earthlink.com>,
>> David DeLaney <d...@vic.com> wrote:

>>> ... a value-added tax tax?
>>>
>>> Dave, petting a peeve
>>
>> I may need to get some money out of the ATM machine to pay it..
>
> Make sure that you enter your PIN number first...

Will the tax amount be automatically keyed to the UPC code?