For those interested in _Polychrome_...

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Mar 4, 2015, 7:56:04 AM3/4/15

... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which means that I've
got everything to move forward!

Here's a small-resolution PNG:
http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 4, 2015, 12:26:15 PM3/4/15
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in

> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which
> means that I've
> got everything to move forward!
>
> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrom
> e-640.png

It's been worth the wait. I expect the book itself will be, as well.

BTW, have you ever heard of TwystBooks

http://twyst.us/books/index.php

I'm guessing not, but you might want to take a look.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Leif Roar Moldskred

Mar 4, 2015, 12:36:03 PM3/4/15
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:

> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which means that I've
> got everything to move forward!
>
> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png

Nice!

--
Leif Roar Moldskred

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Mar 4, 2015, 12:38:31 PM3/4/15
In article <5dOdnT_Nma8c32rJ...@giganews.com>,
"If you took all the girls I knew when I was single.."
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Magewolf

Mar 4, 2015, 12:45:13 PM3/4/15
On 3/4/2015 7:56 AM, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:

> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which means that
> I've got everything to move forward!
>
> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png

Now that is a cover that could sell some books.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Mar 4, 2015, 6:59:19 PM3/4/15
On 3/4/15 11:26 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
>

>> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which
>> means that I've
>> got everything to move forward!
>>
>> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
>> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrom
>> e-640.png
>>
> It's been worth the wait. I expect the book itself will be, as well.
>
> BTW, have you ever heard of TwystBooks
>
> http://twyst.us/books/index.php
>
> I'm guessing not, but you might want to take a look.

No, never heard of them. If they're not charging money for the books,
though, I don't care much.

lal_truckee

Mar 4, 2015, 7:57:41 PM3/4/15
On 3/4/15 4:56 AM, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:

> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which means that
> I've got everything to move forward!
>
> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png

I like that she's flying the flag...

Robert A. Woodward

Mar 5, 2015, 12:54:30 AM3/5/15
In article <md6vbm$61l$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:

> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which means that I've
> got everything to move forward!
>
> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png

Now that's a tornado outbreak.

--
Robert Woodward <robe...@drizzle.com>
<http://robertaw.drizzlehosting.com>

Alie...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2015, 1:59:59 AM3/5/15
On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 9:54:30 PM UTC-8, Robert A. Woodward wrote:
> In article <md6vbm$61l$1...@dont-email.me>,
> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
>
> > ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which means that I've
> > got everything to move forward!
> >
> > Here's a small-resolution PNG:
> > http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png
>
> Now that's a tornado outbreak.

And, no sharks!

Mark L. Fergerson

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Mar 5, 2015, 7:49:07 AM3/5/15
No sharks were harmed in the making of this cover.

William December Starr

Mar 5, 2015, 3:12:18 PM3/5/15
"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> said:

> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png

The two distant tornadoes that are bracketing her like a set of
calipers fooled me into thinking they were tentacles at first pass.

I don't know whether that's good, bad, or null from your point of view.

-- wds

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 5, 2015, 6:29:57 PM3/5/15

> On 3/4/15 11:26 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
>>

>>> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which
>>> means that I've
>>> got everything to move forward!
>>>
>>> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
>>> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychr
>>> om e-640.png
>>>
>> It's been worth the wait. I expect the book itself will be, as
>> well.
>>
>> BTW, have you ever heard of TwystBooks
>>
>> http://twyst.us/books/index.php
>>
>> I'm guessing not, but you might want to take a look.
>>

> No, never heard of them. If they're not charging money for
> the books,
> though, I don't care much.

They appear to be a full blown pirate site. I suspect you aren't
representative of the authors there.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 5, 2015, 6:35:59 PM3/5/15

> On 3/5/15 1:59 AM, nu...@bid.nes wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 9:54:30 PM UTC-8, Robert A.
>> Woodward wrote:
>>> In article <md6vbm$61l$1...@dont-email.me>,

>>> Now that's a tornado outbreak.
>>
>> And, no sharks!
>>

> No sharks were harmed in the making of this cover.

Well, there's your problem, then.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 5, 2015, 6:36:48 PM3/5/15
wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote in
It does look a little Cthulu-ish if you squint.

Kay Shapero

Mar 7, 2015, 1:20:54 AM3/7/15
In article <XnsA4549DA8AAC...@69.16.179.42>,
taus...@gmail.com says...

> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
>
> > On 3/4/15 11:26 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> >> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in

> >> It's been worth the wait. I expect the book itself will be, as
> >> well.
> >>
> >> BTW, have you ever heard of TwystBooks
> >>
> >> http://twyst.us/books/index.php
> >>
> >> I'm guessing not, but you might want to take a look.
> >>

> > No, never heard of them. If they're not charging money for
> > the books,
> > though, I don't care much.
> >
> They appear to be a full blown pirate site. I suspect you aren't
> representative of the authors there.

I see a few authors in there who I suspect would object to this. If I
can find the eddress, I may write a few of them.

--

Kay Shapero
Address munged, try my first name at kayshapero dot net.

Kay Shapero

Mar 7, 2015, 1:25:33 AM3/7/15
In article <md8679$c33$1...@dont-email.me>, sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com
says...

> On 3/4/15 11:26 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> > "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
> >

> >> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which
> >> means that I've
> >> got everything to move forward!
> >>
> >> Here's a small-resolution PNG:
> >> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrom
> >> e-640.png
> >>
> > It's been worth the wait. I expect the book itself will be, as well.
> >
> > BTW, have you ever heard of TwystBooks
> >
> > http://twyst.us/books/index.php
> >
> > I'm guessing not, but you might want to take a look.
> >

> No, never heard of them. If they're not charging money for the books,
> though, I don't care much.

They've got your Grand Central Arena, four Scalzis, some Mercedes Lackey
and a lot of stuff from Project Gutenberg and the like.

Brian M. Scott

Mar 7, 2015, 1:42:28 AM3/7/15
On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 22:25:31 -0800, Kay Shapero
<k...@invalid.net> wrote
in<news:MPG.2f6439b4a...@news.eternal-september.org>
in rec.arts.sf.written:

> In article <md8679$c33$1...@dont-email.me>, sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com
> says...

>> On 3/4/15 11:26 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

[...]

>>> BTW, have you ever heard of TwystBooks

>>> http://twyst.us/books/index.php

>>> I'm guessing not, but you might want to take a look.

>> No, never heard of them. If they're not charging money
>> for the books, though, I don't care much.

> They've got your Grand Central Arena, four Scalzis, some
> Mercedes Lackey and a lot of stuff from Project
> Gutenberg and the like.

What’s annoying is that they have some good things that
apparently aren’t legitimately available as e-books.

Brian
--
It was the neap tide, when the baga venture out of their
holes to root for sandtatties. The waves whispered

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 7, 2015, 1:59:32 AM3/7/15
Kay Shapero <k...@invalid.net> wrote in
Brust comes to mind, but mostly because it was his books I was ona
search for when I found it (legitimate copies, that is).

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 7, 2015, 2:01:17 AM3/7/15
"Brian M. Scott" <b.s...@csuohio.edu> wrote in

> On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 22:25:31 -0800, Kay Shapero
> <k...@invalid.net> wrote
> in<news:MPG.2f6439b4a...@news.eternal-september.org>
> in rec.arts.sf.written:
>
>> In article <md8679$c33$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com says...
>
>>> On 3/4/15 11:26 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> No, never heard of them. If they're not charging money
>>> for the books, though, I don't care much.
>
>> They've got your Grand Central Arena, four Scalzis, some
>> Mercedes Lackey and a lot of stuff from Project
>> Gutenberg and the like.
>
> What’s annoying is that they have some good things that
> apparently aren’t legitimately available as e-books.

That is very true.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Mar 7, 2015, 8:41:53 AM3/7/15
Yeah, I know, but they're not charging money for it. As one could tell
from my earlier post on piracy, I don't find it a concern.

But I just let Toni know in case it matters to her.

Greg Goss

Mar 7, 2015, 2:15:51 PM3/7/15
wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote:

>In article <md6vbm$61l$1...@dont-email.me>,
>"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> said:
>
>> http://grandcentralarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Polychrome-640.png
>
>The two distant tornadoes that are bracketing her like a set of
>calipers fooled me into thinking they were tentacles at first pass.

Three and a half of 'em. Now that you've mentioned it, it can never
be unseen.

>I don't know whether that's good, bad, or null from your point of view.

Kay Shapero

Mar 8, 2015, 12:32:05 AM3/8/15
In article <mdev5h$r84$1...@dont-email.me>, sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com
says...
FWIW, folks, I've tipped off Scalzi (easiest address to find) and his
reply suggested this was not authorized.

David DeLaney

Mar 8, 2015, 1:41:45 AM3/8/15
On 2015-03-04, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> ... Bob Eggleton just delivered the cover image, which means that I've
> got everything to move forward!

Yaaay!
.... ahhhhhhh! So good.

Dave, inhaling slowly
http://gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd/ -net.legends/Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Mar 8, 2015, 9:46:45 AM3/8/15
Oh, it's definitely not authorized.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 9, 2015, 12:18:26 AM3/9/15
Kay Shapero <k...@invalid.net> wrote in
Maybe he'll blog his "I'm not outraged" outrage about it. (More
likely, he'll write a string of content-free tweets, then collect
them all as screen captures and put that on his blog. Seriously,
dude, if you have somethning to say that can be said in 140
characters, you have nothing to say.)

Robert Carnegie

Mar 9, 2015, 2:04:58 AM3/9/15
On Thursday, 5 March 2015 23:29:57 UTC, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in
>
> > On 3/4/15 11:26 AM, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> >> "Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <sea...@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote in

> >> It's been worth the wait. I expect the book itself will be, as
> >> well.
> >>
> >> BTW, have you ever heard of TwystBooks
> >>
> >> http://twyst.us/books/index.php
> >>
> >> I'm guessing not, but you might want to take a look.
> >>

> > No, never heard of them. If they're not charging money for
> > the books,
> > though, I don't care much.
> >
> They appear to be a full blown pirate site. I suspect you aren't
> representative of the authors there.

Well, it's somebody's SF collection. It's not
like a site of Baen CD and similar give-aways?

Not really related, the other day I picked up
again what I assume is an authorized
Agatha Christie hardcover, _The Mystery of
the Blue Train_ - one of a series of nice
collectible editions, if you chose to collect
such - and I found a disappointing number
of typos in /that/.

Also in _Cards on the Table_, which I'd seen
on TV, I'm pretty sure that several characters'
guilty secrets were different - but I don't
blame the typesetter for that...

Alie...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2015, 2:23:31 AM3/9/15
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 9:18:26 PM UTC-7, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

(snip snap snorem)

> Seriously, dude, if you have somethning to say that can be said in 140
> characters, you have nothing to say.)

I wonder if that will fit in a sig file? One, two, three, four...

<duck and cover/>

Mark L. Fergerson

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Mar 9, 2015, 6:51:28 AM3/9/15
On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 23:23:29 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
<Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 9:18:26 PM UTC-7, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>
>(snip snap snorem)
>
>> Seriously, dude, if you have somethning to say that can be said in 140
>> characters, you have nothing to say.)
>
> I wonder if that will fit in a sig file? One, two, three, four...

Fits in 140 characters, also. There's a thing.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. -- Dr. Seuss

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 9, 2015, 5:37:43 PM3/9/15
Robert Carnegie <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote in
Baen gave permission for Fifth Imperium and similar sights (whether
they realized it at the time or not). At least some of what's on
this sight (Brust's stuff, for example) has *never* been made
availasble legally in a digital format.

So not, it's not like Fifth Imperium at all.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 9, 2015, 5:38:51 PM3/9/15
"nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote in
"I like you. I'll kill you last."

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 9, 2015, 5:39:21 PM3/9/15
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> wrote in

> On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 23:23:29 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
> <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 9:18:26 PM UTC-7, Gutless Umbrella
>>Carrying Sissy wrote:
>>
>>(snip snap snorem)
>>
>>> Seriously, dude, if you have somethning to say that can be
>>> said in 140 characters, you have nothing to say.)
>>
>> I wonder if that will fit in a sig file? One, two, three,
>> four...
>
> Fits in 140 characters, also. There's a thing.

I rest my case. Have you _ever_ seen a .sig that actually had
something to say?

Robert Carnegie

Mar 10, 2015, 9:56:16 AM3/10/15
On Monday, 9 March 2015 21:39:21 UTC, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> Have you _ever_ seen a .sig that actually had
> something to say?
>
> --
> Terry Austin
>
> "Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole."
> -- David Bilek
>
> Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

You mean /another/ one?

The Jesus thing is from Stephen Colbert (and IIRC Jesus
disagreed); so much for /that/. But the rest works.

David DeLaney

Mar 10, 2015, 11:52:32 AM3/10/15
On 2015-03-09, Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:

>>(snip snap snorem)

genitiiii-vo!

(It's possible there are others here who could get that earworm. I don't think
it that likely however. But I'll try.)

>>> Seriously, dude, if you have someth[]ing to say that can be said in 140
>>> characters, you have nothing to say.)
>>
>> I wonder if that will fit in a sig file? One, two, three, four...
>
> Fits in 140 characters, also. There's a thing.

... needs 4 more syll

Dave

David DeLaney

Mar 10, 2015, 11:53:40 AM3/10/15
On 2015-03-09, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> wrote in
>> "nu...@bid.nes" <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I wonder if that will fit in a sig file? One, two, three, four...
>>
>> Fits in 140 characters, also. There's a thing.
>
> I rest my case. Have you _ever_ seen a .sig that actually had
> something to say?

Nonsense. .sigs don't talk.

Dave, mine protects AND sanitizes!

William December Starr

Mar 10, 2015, 3:16:25 PM3/10/15
In article <XnsA457D8BE565...@69.16.179.42>,
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> said:

> Seriously, dude, if you have somethning to say that can be said in 140 characters, you have nothing to say.

108 characters. (107 without the typo.)

-- wds

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 10, 2015, 10:11:50 PM3/10/15

> On Monday, 9 March 2015 21:39:21 UTC, Gutless Umbrella Carrying
> Sissy wrote:
>> Have you _ever_ seen a .sig that actually had
>> something to say?
>>
>> --
>> Terry Austin
>>
>> "Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole."
>> -- David Bilek
>>
>> Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.
>
> You mean /another/ one?
>
> The Jesus thing is from Stephen Colbert

It predates Colbert's rise to public attention, and possibly his
birth. Given how fucking clueless you are on other subjects, it's no
surprise you are unaware of that, too.

> (and IIRC Jesus
> disagreed); so much for /that/. But the rest works.

It's been one of the most effective trolls I've ever used. Retards
like you keep striking at the bare hook over and over.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 10, 2015, 10:12:15 PM3/10/15
David DeLaney <davidd...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On 2015-03-09, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@sometimes.sessile.org> wrote in
>>>
>>> Fits in 140 characters, also. There's a thing.
>>
>> I rest my case. Have you _ever_ seen a .sig that actually had
>> something to say?
>
> Nonsense. .sigs don't talk.
>
> Dave, mine protects AND sanitizes!

QED.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 10, 2015, 10:12:53 PM3/10/15
wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote in
Do you think you could find five people here who will agree I have
something to say?

Brian M. Scott

Mar 10, 2015, 10:32:43 PM3/10/15
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 19:12:50 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
in<news:XnsA459C374AD5...@69.16.179.42> in
rec.arts.sf.written:

> wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote in

>> In article <XnsA457D8BE565...@69.16.179.42>,
>> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com>
>> said:

>>> Seriously, dude, if you have somethning to say that can
>>> be said in 140 characters, you have nothing to say.

>> 108 characters. (107 without the typo.)

> Do you think you could find five people here who will
> agree I have something to say?

Quite possibly; I can think of two without even trying.

Brian
--
It was called ‘Birdsong at Eventide’, and it went, ‘Ting
_pling_ ting pling _ting_, ting tong, ting tong, ting

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Mar 11, 2015, 12:22:00 PM3/11/15

> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 19:12:50 -0700, Gutless Umbrella
> Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote
> in<news:XnsA459C374AD5...@69.16.179.42> in
> rec.arts.sf.written:
>
>> wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote in
>
>>> In article <XnsA457D8BE565...@69.16.179.42>,
>>> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com>

>>> 108 characters. (107 without the typo.)
>
>> Do you think you could find five people here who will
>> agree I have something to say?
>
> Quite possibly; I can think of two without even trying.

Then perhaps you could consider whether or not they have anything to
say, as well.

John F. Eldredge

Mar 13, 2015, 7:32:19 PM3/13/15
By the way, the correct noun is "site", not "sight".