YASID: High-tech dinosaurs

Default User

Apr 23, 2018, 8:13:29 PM4/23/18
Brought to mind by some of the speculative threads. This novel or
novella would have been probably from the 80s. I'm hazy on the most of
the details, other than dinosaurs (as far as I recall in our timeline)
achieved technology and even space travel to Mars, which had a
friendlier climate than today.

Sorry for the sketchiness. Maybe somebody will come up with something
or jog my memory for more details.

Brian

Lynn McGuire

Apr 23, 2018, 9:10:59 PM4/23/18
This is not the book that is teasing my memory. But it is close to the
time that you mentioned:
https://www.amazon.com/Far-seer-Robert-J-Sawyer/dp/0441225519/

Lynn

Apr 24, 2018, 12:40:14 AM4/24/18
Lynn McGuire wrote:

> On 4/23/2018 7:13 PM, Default User wrote:
> > Brought to mind by some of the speculative threads. This novel or
> > novella would have been probably from the 80s. I'm hazy on the most
> > of the details, other than dinosaurs (as far as I recall in our
> > timeline) achieved technology and even space travel to Mars, which
> > had a friendlier climate than today.

> This is not the book that is teasing my memory. But it is close to
> the time that you mentioned:
> https://www.amazon.com/Far-seer-Robert-J-Sawyer/dp/0441225519/

Hmmm. I looked over the descriptions and I don't think that's it.

Brian

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Apr 24, 2018, 12:49:50 AM4/24/18
In article <pbmcfc$okv$1...@dont-email.me>,
Well, Mike Mars flew the Dyna-Soar. Does that count?

http://seriesbooks.info/mikemars.htm
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

David Johnston

Apr 24, 2018, 2:11:08 AM4/24/18

Apr 25, 2018, 12:29:14 AM4/25/18
David Johnston wrote:

> On 2018-04-23 6:13 PM, Default User wrote:
> > Brought to mind by some of the speculative threads. This novel or
> > novella would have been probably from the 80s. I'm hazy on the most
> > of the details, other than dinosaurs (as far as I recall in our
> > timeline) achieved technology and even space travel to Mars, which
> > had a friendlier climate than today.
> >
> > Sorry for the sketchiness. Maybe somebody will come up with
> > something or jog my memory for more details.

> https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1051164.The_Homecoming

That has possibilities. I'll look into it more but I think it might be.

Brian