Troll Bridge

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 22, 2016, 3:06:22 PM7/22/16

Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
would someone let me know?

Thanks.

(Hi, Terry. Have fun -- Alan's proving a much better chew-toy than
I'd have expected.)

---

Quadibloc

Jul 22, 2016, 3:54:06 PM7/22/16
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 1:06:22 PM UTC-6, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
> two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
> says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
> would someone let me know?

And here I thought that this post would be about Colossal Cave.

Of course, if he did, likely someone would reply to it, and you would not avoid
seeing it anyways...

John Savard

throbbin...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2016, 4:40:15 PM7/22/16
Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
org:

> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience
> for his two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled
> him. If he says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next
> several days, would someone let me know?

Just out of curiosity, is Alan joining me?

> Thanks.
>
> (Hi, Terry. Have fun -- Alan's proving a much better chew-toy
> than I'd have expected.)

This could go on for weeks. He really is my bitch.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 22, 2016, 4:53:56 PM7/22/16
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:40:12 -0700, throbbin...@gmail.com wrote:

>Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
>org:
>

>> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience
>> for his two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled
>> him. If he says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next
>> several days, would someone let me know?
>>
>Just out of curiosity, is Alan joining me?

Oh, I killfiled HIM several days ago, and for longer than you. He's
boring.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> (Hi, Terry. Have fun -- Alan's proving a much better chew-toy
>> than I'd have expected.)
>>
>This could go on for weeks. He really is my bitch.

Gene Wirchenko

Jul 23, 2016, 10:52:12 PM7/23/16
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 15:06:20 -0400, Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net>
wrote:

>Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
>two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
>says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
>would someone let me know?

Ditto for me.

>Thanks.
>
>(Hi, Terry. Have fun -- Alan's proving a much better chew-toy than
>I'd have expected.)

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Lynn McGuire

Jul 25, 2016, 1:24:46 PM7/25/16
On 7/22/2016 2:06 PM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:

> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
> two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
> says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
> would someone let me know?
>
> Thanks.
>
> (Hi, Terry. Have fun -- Alan's proving a much better chew-toy than
> I'd have expected.)

I am almost there too. The noise has gotten ... strident lately.

Lynn

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Jul 25, 2016, 5:30:53 PM7/25/16
Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote in
Actuall, the last couple of days, Alan has been cutting back. He
doens't much reply to my replies to him, only to my replies to other
people. I mean, yeah, he *can't* stop himself, but he's getting
closer.

Lynn McGuire

Jul 27, 2016, 10:16:51 PM7/27/16
On 7/22/2016 2:06 PM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:

> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
> two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
> says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
> would someone let me know?
>
> Thanks.

Hey man, I've joined you. Just too much traffic for the day job.

Lynn

Tom Kratman

Jul 29, 2016, 12:06:02 AM7/29/16
(To the tune of, They Call the Wind Mariah)
Somewhere out west a blowhard lives
All crippled up and stunted.
Cowardly shit
A mindless twit
And his name is Terry Austin
Te-erry Au-Austin
The Blowhard's name is Austin...

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Jul 29, 2016, 12:44:39 PM7/29/16
I know you are, but what am I?

Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in

T Guy

Jul 29, 2016, 1:18:47 PM7/29/16
Odd.

I've tried to reply... but Terry's last remark was omitted by the 'puter.

T Guy

Jul 29, 2016, 1:19:35 PM7/29/16
Oh! I see this isn't the case... Terry top-replied.

T Guy

Jul 29, 2016, 1:20:04 PM7/29/16
On Friday, 29 July 2016 17:44:39 UTC+1, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> I know you are, but what am I?

To the tune of 'Respectable:

Take or leave it
Only Please believe it
Terry's always gonna be predictable.

Robert Carnegie

Jul 29, 2016, 1:59:15 PM7/29/16
On Friday, 22 July 2016 20:06:22 UTC+1, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
> two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
> says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
> would someone let me know?

I don't think you'll be disturbed. And I think that
a public declaration was a mistake.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Jul 29, 2016, 2:22:18 PM7/29/16
T Guy <tim.b...@redbridge.gov.uk> wrote in
Tommie isn't worth the effort to actually read his drivel. But I
don't want him feeling lonely and left out.

(He'll reply to this with more bad poetry, or even worse, more of
his bad "writing.")

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Jul 29, 2016, 2:22:40 PM7/29/16
T Guy <tim.b...@redbridge.gov.uk> wrote in
I am that, yes, and so are the fish.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 29, 2016, 2:41:42 PM7/29/16
I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.

Alie...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 3:04:10 PM7/29/16
On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:41:42 AM UTC-7, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:59:13 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
> <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, 22 July 2016 20:06:22 UTC+1, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> >> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
> >> two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
> >> says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
> >> would someone let me know?
> >
> >I don't think you'll be disturbed. And I think that
> >a public declaration was a mistake.
>
> I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.

He does that all the time, without warning.

Let me get this straight; you want to know when he's not in troll mode but you find what he writes so distasteful that you can't bring yourself to read him to find out, so you try to recruit others to subject themselves to the horror of his prose *for* you?

Really? May I eat cake now?

Mark L. Fergerson

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 29, 2016, 4:17:21 PM7/29/16
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:04:05 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
<Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:41:42 AM UTC-7, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:59:13 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
>> <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:

>> >I don't think you'll be disturbed. And I think that
>> >a public declaration was a mistake.
>>
>> I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.
>
> He does that all the time, without warning.

Which is why I asked for someone else to warn me.

> Let me get this straight; you want to know when he's not in troll mode but you find what he writes so distasteful that you can't bring yourself to read him to find out, so you try to recruit others to subject themselves to the horror of his prose *for* you?

That's pretty much it, yeah. I know there are some people on here who
either killfile by thread (which my newsreader doesn't do), or don't
killfile at all, and I hoped one would inform me.

For that matter, Terry knows pefectly well how to get around my
killfile if he wants to, so he might tell me himself.

> Really? May I eat cake now?

Go for it.

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 29, 2016, 8:37:53 PM7/29/16
On 7/29/16 4:17 PM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:04:05 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
> <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:41:42 AM UTC-7, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:

>>> I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.
>>
>> He does that all the time, without warning.
>
> Which is why I asked for someone else to warn me.
>
>> Let me get this straight; you want to know when he's not in troll mode but you find what he writes so distasteful that you can't bring yourself to read him to find out, so you try to recruit others to subject themselves to the horror of his prose *for* you?
>
> That's pretty much it, yeah. I know there are some people on here who
> either killfile by thread (which my newsreader doesn't do), or don't
> killfile at all, and I hoped one would inform me.

The problem is that he does shift out of troll mode at particular
points but as long as TK's still playing baitfish there'll be a lot of
IKYABWAI.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Kevrob

Jul 29, 2016, 8:53:59 PM7/29/16
Both of these guys seem to think the y are the apex predator troll in our
little USENET ecosystem. They can't both be right.

Is it weird that I'm rooting for Terry? He's an asshole,
but he's OUR asshole! (apologies to another great asshole,
FDR.}

Kevin R

Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

Jul 29, 2016, 9:06:53 PM7/29/16
Oh, Terry long ago established who was apex troll.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 29, 2016, 11:57:36 PM7/29/16
Yeah, but I didn't know Kratman was going to show up. I thought that
when he got bored with Alan...

Well, whatever. I know when the killfile expires. If I miss anything
cool before that, I'll just have to live with it.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 30, 2016, 12:47:14 AM7/30/16
He should just write an app to do that.

--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey for Summer 2016

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 30, 2016, 12:48:27 AM7/30/16
He probably has.

Quadibloc

Jul 30, 2016, 3:08:13 AM7/30/16
On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 1:04:10 PM UTC-6, nu...@bid.nes wrote:

> Let me get this straight; you want to know when he's not in troll mode but
> you find what he writes so distasteful that you can't bring yourself to read
> him to find out, so you try to recruit others to subject themselves to the
> horror of his prose *for* you?

Doubtless he is not so cruel and selfish as all that.

Perhaps, instead, he suspects there are others with stronger stomachs or weaker
killfiles who will, incidentally as a result of their own newsgroup activities,
come across the things he posts - and thus, they can let him no without
incurring the cost of reading his posts more often than they already do.

John Savard

Alan Baker

Jul 30, 2016, 7:01:16 AM7/30/16
Funny how a guy who was whining about someone posting characters his
software can't handle is violating Usenet community standards is top
posting, huh?

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Jul 30, 2016, 1:51:30 PM7/30/16
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote in
I've never complained that your posts violate community standards.
I've complained that your posts are unreadable crap. If you don't
know the difference, that's on you.

Alan Baker

Jul 30, 2016, 3:47:18 PM7/30/16
Bullshit.

> I've complained that your posts are unreadable crap. If you don't
> know the difference, that's on you.

Awww... ...Terry: you're really losing it, now.

Robert Carnegie

Jul 30, 2016, 6:31:02 PM7/30/16
On Friday, 29 July 2016 19:41:42 UTC+1, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:59:13 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
> <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, 22 July 2016 20:06:22 UTC+1, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> >> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
> >> two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
> >> says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
> >> would someone let me know?
> >
> >I don't think you'll be disturbed. And I think that
> >a public declaration was a mistake.
>
> I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.

You started a new thread specifically /about/ his
troll mode. Is it his birthday?

Juho Julkunen

Jul 30, 2016, 7:27:18 PM7/30/16
In article <7d101605-8913-47f1...@googlegroups.com>,
kev...@my-deja.com says...

> Both of these guys seem to think the y are the apex predator troll in our
> little USENET ecosystem. They can't both be right.

But they can both get what they want, in a sad, codependent way.

--
Juho Julkunen

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Jul 30, 2016, 7:43:37 PM7/30/16
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote in
MessageID?

Didn't think so. You _never_ support such claims, and you never
will, because you lie, lie, lie, in your insane, masturbatory
blind hatred of me.

You're my bitch, now and forever.

>> I've complained that your posts are unreadable crap. If you
>> don't know the difference, that's on you.
>
> Awww... ...Terry: you're really losing it, now.

No, I assure you, I've still got it. And your rosy red ass knows.

Alan Baker

Jul 30, 2016, 7:53:36 PM7/30/16
Seriously: you're going with that?

<http://oxyskincare.com>

David DeLaney

Jul 30, 2016, 10:09:36 PM7/30/16
And as though in response, Terry made an entirely cogent, relevant, and
coherent comment over on the new thread asking about swords' actual usefulness
historically!

Dave, will point for food
http://gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd/ -net.legends/Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Jul 31, 2016, 2:04:34 AM7/31/16
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote in
You are now arguing with Pee Wee Herman quotes, and you *know* you
can't stop.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 31, 2016, 2:09:50 AM7/31/16
On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 21:09:30 -0500, David DeLaney
<davidd...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On 2016-07-30, Robert Carnegie <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:

>>> I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.
>>
>> You started a new thread specifically /about/ his
>> troll mode. Is it his birthday?
>
>And as though in response, Terry made an entirely cogent, relevant, and
>coherent comment over on the new thread asking about swords' actual usefulness
>historically!

Did he? Thank you -- where?

throbbin...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2016, 2:11:19 AM7/31/16
Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> wrote in
org:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 21:09:30 -0500, David DeLaney
> <davidd...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>On 2016-07-30, Robert Carnegie <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:

>>> You started a new thread specifically /about/ his
>>> troll mode. Is it his birthday?
>>
>>And as though in response, Terry made an entirely cogent,
>>relevant, and coherent comment over on the new thread asking
>>about swords' actual usefulness historically!
>
> Did he? Thank you -- where?

In the "Over-emphasis on Swords" thread.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 31, 2016, 2:13:10 AM7/31/16
On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 15:30:57 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
<rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:

>On Friday, 29 July 2016 19:41:42 UTC+1, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:59:13 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
>> <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:

>> >I don't think you'll be disturbed. And I think that
>> >a public declaration was a mistake.
>>
>> I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.
>
>You started a new thread specifically /about/ his
>troll mode. Is it his birthday?

I have no idea. I don't care whether I please Terry or not; I was
aiming at other readers. I was assuming that anyone with any sense
wasn't reading the threads where he and Alan were trading insults
without trimming the several screens of accumulated cruft. Therefore,
if I'd posted my request there, no one whose opinion I value
(excluding Terry) would have seen it.

Lawrence Watt-Evans

Jul 31, 2016, 2:24:34 AM7/31/16
Found it. Thanks.

Robert Carnegie

Jul 31, 2016, 4:19:53 AM7/31/16
On Sunday, 31 July 2016 03:09:36 UTC+1, David DeLaney wrote:
> On 2016-07-30, Robert Carnegie <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:

> >> I seriously wanted to be alerted if he shifted back out of troll mode.
> >
> > You started a new thread specifically /about/ his
> > troll mode. Is it his birthday?
>
> And as though in response, Terry made an entirely cogent, relevant, and
> coherent comment over on the new thread asking about swords' actual usefulness
> historically!
>
> Dave, will point for food

Google was mentioned.

Lynn McGuire

Aug 1, 2016, 1:30:56 PM8/1/16
On 7/27/2016 3:03 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 7/22/2016 2:06 PM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
>>
>> Okay, usually I appreciate Terry, but I've run out of patience for his
>> two current strings of abuse and temporarily killfiled him. If he
>> says anything interesting or worthwhile in the next several days,
>> would someone let me know?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Hey man, I've joined you. Just too much traffic for the day job.
>
> Lynn

Good night ! I am thinking about kill filing Tom Kratman also. This is absurd !
Lynn

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 1, 2016, 5:25:13 PM8/1/16
Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote in
I agree. You definintely should. Like all trolls, if people stopped
feeding him, he'd stop shitting on the front porch.

Tom Kratman

Aug 1, 2016, 9:54:06 PM8/1/16
Great cloud of foul gas?
Pile of dung moving swiftly?
No, Terry Austin.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 1, 2016, 10:10:53 PM8/1/16
I know you are, but what am I?

Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in

Gary R. Schmidt

Aug 2, 2016, 12:44:09 AM8/2/16
Also remember not to name him in any posts!

It's all your fault this time, anyway, you posted a review which
mentioned him.

He is such a devoted ego-googler that he only appears outside the safe
confines of an area populated by his fellow-thinkers when he finds
himself mentioned.

Eventually he will realise, as he did the last time he sullied rasfw
with his presence, that (a) he is not welcome, and (b) Terry is the
personification of the Social Worker in the joke about the Baby, the
Rottweiler, and the Social Worker! :-)

Cheers,
Gary B-)

--
When men talk to their friends, they insult each other.
They don't really mean it.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 2, 2016, 1:30:21 AM8/2/16
"Gary R. Schmidt" <grsc...@acm.org> wrote in

> On 2/08/2016 03:30, Lynn McGuire wrote:

>>> Hey man, I've joined you. Just too much traffic for the day
>>> job.
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>
>> Good night ! I am thinking about kill filing Tom Kratman also.
>> This is absurd !
>
> Also remember not to name him in any posts!

Tom Crapman! Tom Crapman! Tom Crapman!

Can I pee on his head now?

> It's all your fault this time, anyway, you posted a review which
> mentioned him.

The correct response to that is for _everyone_ to mention him in
_every_ review, even if it's a review on toothpaste on Amazon.

"This is really crappy toothpaste, it tastes like ass, but it's
still better than reading a Top Crapman novel!"

> He is such a devoted ego-googler that he only appears outside
> the safe confines of an area populated by his fellow-thinkers
> when he finds himself mentioned.

So they can't stand his retardness either, eh?

> Eventually he will realise, as he did the last time he sullied
> rasfw with his presence, that (a) he is not welcome, and (b)
> Terry is the personification of the Social Worker in the joke
> about the Baby, the Rottweiler, and the Social Worker! :-)

But he will never, ever realize how fucking *stupid* he looks. Only
it isn't just looks.

Lynn McGuire

Aug 2, 2016, 3:53:04 PM8/2/16
On 8/1/2016 11:41 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
> On 2/08/2016 03:30, Lynn McGuire wrote:

>>> Hey man, I've joined you. Just too much traffic for the day job.
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>
>> Good night ! I am thinking about kill filing Tom Kratman also. This is
>> absurd !
>
> Also remember not to name him in any posts!
>
> It's all your fault this time, anyway, you posted a review which mentioned him.
>
> He is such a devoted ego-googler that he only appears outside the safe confines of an area populated by his fellow-thinkers when he
> finds himself mentioned.
>
> Eventually he will realise, as he did the last time he sullied rasfw with his presence, that (a) he is not welcome, and (b) Terry is
> the personification of the Social Worker in the joke about the Baby, the Rottweiler, and the Social Worker! :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Gary B-)

"‘At least you get a part of your kid back from a Rottweiler’."

Huh, I don't get it ?

And I am reading Kratman's fifth book in his Carerra series. It is very good. Terry does not have any such redeeming factors.

Lynn

Don Bruder

Aug 2, 2016, 4:15:43 PM8/2/16
In article <nnqtmt$576$1...@dont-email.me>, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
wrote:
After his behavior around here since your mention of him, he's landed
himself solidly on my "I wouldn't buy one of his books, in any form, at
any price, no matter how good, bad, or otherwise they might actually be"
list. I'd rather throw my money into a blast furnace than give such an
asshole a penny of it, directly or otherwise, thanks.

--
Brought to you by the letter Q and the number .357
Security provided by Horace S. & Dan W.

Peter Trei

Aug 2, 2016, 4:35:41 PM8/2/16
Modern authors (especially in the SF field, which has a slightly higher
tech level than average) are advised to engage their audience in social
media and build up interest and enthusiasm.

Tom is an existance proof that this is not always a good idea.

pt

Lynn McGuire

Aug 2, 2016, 5:07:02 PM8/2/16
I actually bought this book several months back, BTW it is the sixth book in the series, not the fifth book. This is the 8th ???
book of his that I have read. I will probably buy more of his books if they look good. And I still buy Scalzi's books even though I
think very lowly of his politics. I try to disconnect the author and the books, they are are rarely the same for good authors.

And yes, his behavior here has been disappointing. At first it was a little amusing (very little !) but that bridge burned down
quite a while back. In his defense, someone made a derogatory remark of his name that seemed to set him off.

Lynn

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 2, 2016, 5:48:55 PM8/2/16
It doesn't take much to set him off. Breathing wrong will suffice.

--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey for Summer 2016

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 2, 2016, 6:51:49 PM8/2/16
Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote in
I have a fetish for crap movies. You have a similar fetish for crap
novels, apparently.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 2, 2016, 6:53:12 PM8/2/16
Don Bruder <dak...@sonic.net> wrote in
He's got a couple of ebooks on Amazon for free, if you'd like to do
a "verified purchase" review. Of course, to really properly make
fun of how bad it is, you'd have to read it first. And that's a
fate I wouldn't wish on Shawn Wilson and Starmaker's love child.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 2, 2016, 6:54:52 PM8/2/16
Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote in
I generally do the same. The only author I won't buy or read, even
for free, because of his politics is OSC. Crapman's book, I won't
buy (even for free) or read because his writing here very strongly
suggests he's a half-literate retard.

> And yes, his behavior here has been disappointing. At first it
> was a little amusing (very little !) but that bridge burned down
> quite a while back. In his defense, someone made a derogatory
> remark of his name that seemed to set him off.

That's not "in his defense," that's proof that he's damaged goods.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 2, 2016, 6:55:25 PM8/2/16
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote in
And treating him the way he acts will make him your bitch forever.
Right, Tommy?

Tom Kratman

Aug 2, 2016, 7:41:07 PM8/2/16
Poor Terry Austin,
With vascular dementia,
Cannot wipe his ass.

hamis...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2016, 8:48:26 PM8/2/16
I'm not sure you need 'wrong' in that condition.

Tom Kratman

Aug 2, 2016, 11:01:04 PM8/2/16
Really? I'm engaging one member of my audience, or perhaps a few, and a few people - to use the term loosely - who would never be members of my audience. What's the downside here, especially when I'm having fun? That people who don't care for me will care for me even less? Well...frankly...so what?

You show a certain lack of discernment sometimes, Peter, that perhaps you should work on.

Tom Kratman

Aug 2, 2016, 11:02:02 PM8/2/16
Do you have an example of someone's incorrect breathing setting me off?

Tom Kratman

Aug 2, 2016, 11:03:44 PM8/2/16
On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 8:37:53 PM UTC-4, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> On 7/29/16 4:17 PM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:04:05 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes"
> > <Alie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> He does that all the time, without warning.
> >
> > Which is why I asked for someone else to warn me.
> >
> >> Let me get this straight; you want to know when he's not in troll mode but you find what he writes so distasteful that you can't bring yourself to read him to find out, so you try to recruit others to subject themselves to the horror of his prose *for* you?
> >
> > That's pretty much it, yeah. I know there are some people on here who
> > either killfile by thread (which my newsreader doesn't do), or don't
> > killfile at all, and I hoped one would inform me.
> >

> The problem is that he does shift out of troll mode at particular
> points but as long as TK's still playing baitfish there'll be a lot of
> IKYABWAI.
>

> --
> Sea Wasp
> /^\
> ;;;
> Website: http://www.grandcentralarena.com Blog:
> http://seawasp.livejournal.com

We'll have to chat about all this sometime, Ryk.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 3, 2016, 1:02:45 AM8/3/16
I know you are, but what am I?

Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> wrote in

Gary R. Schmidt

Aug 5, 2016, 11:19:09 PM8/5/16
What's easier, getting a baby back from a Rottie, or getting a baby back
from a Social Worker?

> And I am reading Kratman's fifth book in his Carerra series. It is very
> good. Terry does not have any such redeeming factors.

Stop saying K.....n's name, he'll never go away!

Lynn McGuire

Aug 8, 2016, 4:54:25 PM8/8/16
How much are you willing to pay me ?

Lynn

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 8, 2016, 5:57:58 PM8/8/16
Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote in
How much to out bid Crapman?

--
Terry Austin

Tom "The Crap Man" Kratman is my bitch.

Gary R. Schmidt

Aug 8, 2016, 10:49:09 PM8/8/16
Two pebbles, and an old banana skin.

Lynn McGuire

Aug 9, 2016, 1:42:31 AM8/9/16
No way unless those pebbles are gold. And I just threw two banana skins
into the trash.

T minus 48 hours for the next Kratman review.

Lynn

Titus G

Aug 9, 2016, 2:13:18 AM8/9/16
On 09/08/16 17:42, Lynn McGuire wrote:

> T minus 48 hours for the next Kratman review.

In light of recent discussions, that is probably a threat to some. I
don't much like the Kratman personna that has been posting here recently
but agree with your recent comment about separating author from the book
and therefore look forward to your next review.

Mart van de Wege

Aug 9, 2016, 2:43:55 AM8/9/16
"Gary R. Schmidt" <grsc...@acm.org> writes:

> Stop saying K.....n's name, he'll never go away!

This is why the File770ers have dubbed him Tank Marmot. I'm ambivalent;
that nick is waaay too cute for a psycho like TK.

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

Lynn McGuire

Aug 9, 2016, 1:14:57 PM8/9/16
I will try to do a better job than my normal review which is somewhat above the casual mention level. it is a better book though and
back to the solid 4 star level status.

Lynn

Kevrob

Aug 9, 2016, 1:32:18 PM8/9/16
Wasteful. The banana skins are supposed to go into the Mr Fusion in the DeLorean. :)

> T minus 48 hours for the next Kratman review.

Kevin R

David Goldfarb

Aug 9, 2016, 8:15:03 PM8/9/16
In article <8660ra3...@gaheris.avalon.lan>,
Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>"Gary R. Schmidt" <grsc...@acm.org> writes:
>

>> Stop saying K.....n's name, he'll never go away!
>>
>This is why the File770ers have dubbed him Tank Marmot. I'm ambivalent;
>that nick is waaay too cute for a psycho like TK.

Well, that and because Mike Glyer set up a filter to put into
moderation a post that so much as mentions his name.

--
David Goldfarb |"When I heard you'd freed yourself, I put out
goldf...@gmail.com | the breadcrumbs and waited for the wolf to

William December Starr

Aug 10, 2016, 12:13:04 AM8/10/16
Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> said:

> "Gary R. Schmidt" <grsc...@acm.org> writes:
>
>> Stop saying K.....n's name, he'll never go away!
>>
> This is why the File770ers have dubbed him Tank Marmot. I'm
> ambivalent; that nick is waaay too cute for a psycho like TK.

"Tank Marmot"? I'm whooshed.

-- wds

David Goldfarb

Aug 10, 2016, 12:45:03 AM8/10/16
In article <noe9ke$8s1$1...@panix3.panix.com>,
Rearrange the letters.

--
David Goldfarb | From the fortune cookie file:
goldf...@gmail.com |

Robert Carnegie

Aug 10, 2016, 1:48:34 AM8/10/16
On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 05:45:03 UTC+1, David Goldfarb wrote:
> In article <noe9ke$8s1$1...@panix3.panix.com>,
> William December Starr <wds...@panix.com> wrote:
> >In article <8660ra3...@gaheris.avalon.lan>,
> >Mart van de Wege <mvd...@gmail.com> said:

> >> This is why the File770ers have dubbed him Tank Marmot. I'm
> >> ambivalent; that nick is waaay too cute for a psycho like TK.
> >
> >"Tank Marmot"? I'm whooshed.
>
> Rearrange the letters.

Oh, so it's like Harry Potter characters referring to
V*ld*m*rt as "Thingy".

I am in doubt that it should have been mentioned.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Aug 10, 2016, 1:52:38 AM8/10/16
In article <80fcc339-f2f0-447c...@googlegroups.com>,
"Aside from that, he's perfectly all right!"
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Tom Kratman

Aug 10, 2016, 1:54:36 AM8/10/16
Poor you if you think it's my name that has me here. No, no, idjit; I'm having fun with Terry the Titmouse and intend to keep doing so, "in a place, time, and manner of my own choosing," for about another year.

Mart van de Wege

Aug 10, 2016, 2:54:55 AM8/10/16
Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> writes:

> Poor you if you think it's my name that has me here.

Dude, you brag all over the Internet that you have a Google alert on
your name, so stop lying.

Gary R. Schmidt

Aug 10, 2016, 7:44:08 AM8/10/16
Oh, good, that means every keystroke you waste on proving that being
Terry's chew toy is the ne plus ultra of you desires is one less
keystroke that will be foisted upon the book-buying public.

A small price for us to pay, for the greater good.

Go for it, luser.

Tom Kratman

Aug 10, 2016, 9:16:38 AM8/10/16
This word you are using, fuckface? "Ah dunno thin' it means wha' you thin' it means."

In fact, i do have such an alert up. In fact, it may work one time in twenty. This time, it worked to let me know Lynn had commented and I, rather gently and kindly, came to explain what he was missing. If that hasn't upset him, then you can fuck yourself. I've stayed and even expanded to beat on Terry because a) he deserves it and b) I enjoy it. But you can _still_ go fuck yourself.

You really aren't very rational you know. Didn't you ever study logic? Having an alert =/= staying or even coming because of an alert. Neither is it equal to not coming if my name isn't mentioned. I swear, Marty, you integrity challenged shit and cowardly draft dodger, if you're remotely representative of the antifa left, Nazism is in Europe's future.

Tom Kratman

Aug 10, 2016, 9:17:42 AM8/10/16
Doesn't actually work that way. Mike Schilling figured it out years ago; this is therapeutic recreation for me and I write more, not less, when I have my share.

Quadibloc

Aug 10, 2016, 9:37:04 AM8/10/16
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 5:44:08 AM UTC-6, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

> Oh, good, that means every keystroke you waste on proving that being
> Terry's chew toy is the ne plus ultra of you desires is one less
> keystroke that will be foisted upon the book-buying public.
>
> A small price for us to pay, for the greater good.
>
> Go for it, luser.

I can understand why some people find _Caliphate_ controversial.

However, he has written many other books, such as the Carerra series, which was
the subject of a recent thread here, which, although being mil-sf, and thus
violent, and thus not everyone's cup of tea, are not particularly to be
reprobated any more than the bulk of the rest of Baen's output - and, in fact,
which seem to meet with applause from their readers.

John Savard

hamis...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016, 9:56:50 AM8/10/16
So have Twilight, 50 shades of grey, the da vinci code and the Gor series.
Doesn't mean they're not crap books (although Gor could have been a decent action adventure series if not for the 'all women want to be enslaved and raped' propaganda)

Brian M. Scott

Aug 10, 2016, 10:10:27 AM8/10/16
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 06:37:01 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
<jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote
in<news:5660aa9c-d08b-4159...@googlegroups.com>
in rec.arts.sf.written:

[...]

> I can understand why some people find _Caliphate_
> controversial.

> However, he has written many other books, such as the
> Carerra series, which was the subject of a recent thread
> here, which, although being mil-sf, and thus violent,
> and thus not everyone's cup of tea, are not particularly
> to be reprobated any more than the bulk of the rest of
> Baen's output -

You’re a bit slow. As has been pointed out in considerable
detail more than once recently that stereotype is rather
inaccurate.

> and, in fact, which seem to meet with applause from their
> readers.

So? Dan Brown is very popular, too. TK is a mediocre
writer. There are self-published authors who are better.

Scott Lurndal

Aug 10, 2016, 10:38:19 AM8/10/16
I've read that the average lifetime sales for most published books runs in the
10,000 copy range[*].

Mr. Kratman can double or triple that and he's still only penetrating a very
small part of the national or worldwide population.

It's not out of the question that 10,000 people in the USA are of
similar belief and temperment as any author, no matter how offensive
the author may be.

[*] http://www.stevelaube.com/what-are-average-book-sales/

Tom Kratman

Aug 10, 2016, 11:12:01 AM8/10/16
Probably a bit more than triple, in all forms, and then multiply by something from 3 to 5 times for people who borrow books, or pirate them, or buy them used, etc. Can you find the posts where I insisted I was a world-shaker? I can't seem to remember writing them but the reaction of some folks, and especially on the part of the ever-so-caring-and-sensitive left, suggests that I must be.

Mart van de Wege

Aug 10, 2016, 12:58:50 PM8/10/16
Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 2:54:55 AM UTC-4, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>> Tom Kratman <tomkr...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Poor you if you think it's my name that has me here.
>>
>> Dude, you brag all over the Internet that you have a Google alert on
>> your name, so stop lying.
>>
>> --
>> "We will need a longer wall when the revolution comes."
>> --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.
>
> This word you are using, fuckface? "Ah dunno thin' it means wha' you thin' it means."
>
> In fact, i do have such an alert up. In fact, it may work one time in
> twenty. This time, it worked to let me know Lynn had commented and I,
> rather gently and kindly, came to explain what he was missing.

So you did come here because someone mentioned your name.

If you are going to disclaim lying, don't do it when the lie is visible
in the text you quote.

Then again, your complete lack of intelligence and lack of
self-reflection had already been noted.

Mart

Quadibloc

Aug 10, 2016, 1:11:27 PM8/10/16
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 9:12:01 AM UTC-6, Tom Kratman wrote:
> Can you find the posts where I insisted I was a world-shaker? I can't seem to
> remember writing them but the reaction of some folks, and especially on the
> part of the ever-so-caring-and-sensitive left, suggests that I must be.

To me, writing a book like _Caliphate_ in order to awaken people to where
uncritical dedication to equality, heedless of potential consequences, might
lead... is a positive act, even if one can also understand the thinking of
those who are scandalized by it.

Writing a book that has the potential of promoting ethnic or religious
stereotyping merely as light entertainment... while I'm not as put out by this
as the PC crowd is (as having movies in which, say, muggers are never allowed
to be black does not, in fact, change people's vision of the real world, but
instead only opens up political correctness to ridicule) ... could, I think,
legitimately, be regarded as more morally questionable.

However, Heinlein's reputation survived Farnham's Freehold (never mind Starship
Troopers) - and I'm very well aware of what, say, Egypt's Coptic Christians
have to put up with, nor do I have any sympathy for terrorists, and so if light
entertainment happens to send truthful messages, I can't be terribly upset.

John Savard

David DeLaney

Aug 10, 2016, 4:06:50 PM8/10/16
On 2016-08-10, Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 9:12:01 AM UTC-6, Tom Kratman wrote:
>> Can you find the posts where I insisted I was a world-shaker? I can't seem
>> remember writing them but the reaction of some folks, and especially on the
>> part of the ever-so-caring-and-sensitive left, suggests that I must be.
>
> To me, writing a book like _Caliphate_ in order to awaken people to where
> uncritical dedication to equality, heedless of potential consequences, might
> lead... is a positive act, even if one can also understand the thinking of
> those who are scandalized by it.

John Savard approves of your motives.

Oh the embarrassment.

Dave, all die, then Lynn reads about it
http://gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd/ -net.legends/Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 10, 2016, 4:16:41 PM8/10/16
David DeLaney <davidd...@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On 2016-08-10, Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 9:12:01 AM UTC-6, Tom Kratman
>> wrote:
>>> Can you find the posts where I insisted I was a world-shaker?
>>> I can't seem to
>>> remember writing them but the reaction of some folks, and
>>> especially on the part of the ever-so-caring-and-sensitive
>>> left, suggests that I must be.
>>
>> To me, writing a book like _Caliphate_ in order to awaken
>> people to where uncritical dedication to equality, heedless of
>> potential consequences, might lead... is a positive act, even
>> if one can also understand the thinking of those who are
>> scandalized by it.
>
> John Savard approves of your motives.
>
> Oh the embarrassment.
>
> Dave, all die, then Lynn reads about it

And gives it at least four out of five stars.

Lynn idiolizes Quaddie's political philosophy.

Gary R. Schmidt

Aug 10, 2016, 10:19:09 PM8/10/16
Really? Pity you haven't improved your writing skills as a result of
it, then.

Gary R. Schmidt

Aug 10, 2016, 10:19:11 PM8/10/16
On 11/08/2016 06:06, David DeLaney wrote:
> On 2016-08-10, Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 9:12:01 AM UTC-6, Tom Kratman wrote:
>>> Can you find the posts where I insisted I was a world-shaker? I can't seem
>>> remember writing them but the reaction of some folks, and especially on the
>>> part of the ever-so-caring-and-sensitive left, suggests that I must be.
>>
>> To me, writing a book like _Caliphate_ in order to awaken people to where
>> uncritical dedication to equality, heedless of potential consequences, might
>> lead... is a positive act, even if one can also understand the thinking of
>> those who are scandalized by it.
>
> John Savard approves of your motives.
>
> Oh the embarrassment.
>
> Dave, all die, then Lynn reads about it

Shouldn't that be "All die, which causes an EMP that wipes out all
electrical and electronic devices in the continental United States of
America (but not Canada or the United States of Mexico), *then* Lynn
reads about it."? :-)

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 11, 2016, 12:22:18 AM8/11/16
On 8/10/2016 7:18 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/08/2016 06:06, David DeLaney wrote:
>>>
>>> To me, writing a book like _Caliphate_ in order to awaken people to
>>> where
>>> uncritical dedication to equality, heedless of potential
>>> consequences, might
>>> lead... is a positive act, even if one can also understand the
>>> thinking of
>>> those who are scandalized by it.
>>
>> John Savard approves of your motives.
>>
>> Oh the embarrassment.
>>
>> Dave, all die, then Lynn reads about it
>>
> Shouldn't that be "All die, which causes an EMP that wipes out all
> electrical and electronic devices in the continental United States of
> America (but not Canada or the United States of Mexico), *then* Lynn
> reads about it."? :-)

No, no, its "James Nicoll hears about this 'embarrassment' emotion and
while looking for it trips over one of his cats, falls into the critical
grid junction and shorts it out with only minor injuries, shutting down
the entire grid for all of North America except his reading room and
then tells the story about it 10 years later after someone comments on
their candle going out."

--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey for Summer 2016

Quadibloc

Aug 11, 2016, 4:59:25 AM8/11/16
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 2:06:50 PM UTC-6, David DeLaney wrote:

> John Savard approves of your motives.

Funny, I thought I was expressing _disapproval_. What, you just wrote Caliphate for money? Then you have no excuse for offending the politically correct, because while I detest political correctness, I admit that encouraging bigotry is wrong.

At least that's what I thought I was saying, although I went on to _temper_
that criticism noting that even entertaining fiction has a right to be set in
the real world.

John Savard

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 11, 2016, 12:44:30 PM8/11/16

> On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 2:06:50 PM UTC-6, David DeLaney
> wrote:
>
>> John Savard approves of your motives.
>
> Funny, I thought I was expressing _disapproval_.

It's hard to tell with you. Both states result in you wanting to nuke
people who aren't white and grow women on trees until one mutates
into something that will let you touch its boobies.

Peter Trei

Aug 11, 2016, 1:08:22 PM8/11/16
On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 12:44:30 PM UTC-4, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
> Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in
>
> > On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 2:06:50 PM UTC-6, David DeLaney
> > wrote:
> >
> >> John Savard approves of your motives.
> >
> > Funny, I thought I was expressing _disapproval_.
>
> It's hard to tell with you. Both states result in you wanting to nuke
> people who aren't white and grow women on trees until one mutates
> into something that will let you touch its boobies.

It strikes me that while we don't know how to make vatgirls, we could,
right now, create the situation Quaddie thinks is desirable by selectively
aborting male fetuses, or by male infanticide.

pt

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 11, 2016, 1:10:02 PM8/11/16
Peter Trei <pete...@gmail.com> wrote in
We're nearly on topic again, from any number of fictional works,
starting with Barrayar.

Moriarty

Aug 11, 2016, 5:54:42 PM8/11/16
On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 6:59:25 PM UTC+10, Quadibloc wrote:

<snip>

> I admit that encouraging bigotry is wrong.

But you're so good at it.

-Moriarty

Taki Kogoma

Aug 11, 2016, 7:06:46 PM8/11/16
On 2016-08-11, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com>
allegedly proclaimed to rec.arts.sf.written:
> Peter Trei <pete...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 12:44:30 PM UTC-4, Gutless
>> Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>>> Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in

>>> It's hard to tell with you. Both states result in you wanting
>>> to nuke people who aren't white and grow women on trees until
>>> one mutates into something that will let you touch its boobies.
>>
>> It strikes me that while we don't know how to make vatgirls, we
>> could, right now, create the situation Quaddie thinks is
>> desirable by selectively aborting male fetuses, or by male
>> infanticide.
>
> We're nearly on topic again, from any number of fictional works,
> starting with Barrayar.

Except that Barrayar (and especially Athos) is the gender-swapped
version of what Savard wants.

Gym "And again, there's a note from the Union of Free Habitats protesting
the nickname John has received here." Quirk

--
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk (Known to some as Taki Kogoma) quirk @ swcp.com
Just an article detector on the Information Supercollider.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Aug 11, 2016, 7:35:20 PM8/11/16
Taki Kogoma <qu...@tenma.swcp.com> wrote in
Yeah, but the on-camera characters went the other way *because*
everyone else wanted boy.

Sill close enough to be on topic. At least around here.

michae...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2016, 5:07:13 PM8/23/16
On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 7:01:16 AM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:
> On 2016-07-29 10:19 AM, T Guy wrote:

> >> Odd.
> >>
> >> I've tried to reply... but Terry's last remark was omitted by the 'puter.
> >
> > Oh! I see this isn't the case... Terry top-replied.
> >

> Funny how a guy who was whining about someone posting characters his
> software can't handle is violating Usenet community standards is top
> posting, huh?

Funny how you are the same piece of shit Scumbag here, as you are on all the other groups you infest< Luzer.
It is loading more messages.