'the desperate atheist'

The Starmaker

Apr 28, 2015, 11:54:59 PM4/28/15
'the desperate atheist'

atheists are gasping for ...air.

they are desperate..

They are 'the desperate atheist'.

They will say anything because their cause has failed.

They are...desperate.

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2015, 2:45:40 AM4/29/15
John Gogo wrote:

> I know that comparing dogs and man is sacrilege.

Women say "all men are dogs"...

Even Einstein says that women treat men like dogs..

if it's not sacrilege to women and einstein...it's not sacrilege.

bedsides, most of yous bark like dogs...you even have dog names.

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2015, 3:12:32 AM4/29/15
I mean, really...
you know
They are 'the desperate atheist'
when they says things like
"the universe came from ...Nothing!"

it's like..
Great, now they von't have to
bother going any further.

They just might as well go home..

nothing more to learn...
they reached their level of
incompetence.

Only 'the desperate atheist' would say "the universe came from ...Nothing!"

Why don't they just take a gun and blow God's head off?

Kill the motherfucker if you hate Him sooo much.

Somebody should write a book and call it...

'the desperate atheist'

The Starmaker

T Guy

Apr 29, 2015, 8:21:22 AM4/29/15
On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 8:12:32 AM UTC+1, The Starmaker wrote:

> I mean, really...
> you know
> They are 'the desperate atheist'
> when they says things like
> "the universe came from ...Nothing!"

And then there's the desperate theist, saying things like 'the Universe came from... God!'

Spot the difference.

T Guy

Apr 29, 2015, 8:22:30 AM4/29/15
On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 8:12:32 AM UTC+1, The Starmaker wrote:

> Why don't they just take a gun and blow God's head off?

Because you cannot blow the head off an entity which does not exist.

bil...@m.nu

Apr 29, 2015, 8:49:35 AM4/29/15
Oh wow somebody sounds jealous

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 2:43:24 AM4/30/15
Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> In article <cqcbe7...@mid.individual.net>,
> "Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 29/04/2015 12:03, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> > > <piggybacking>
> > >
> > > What "cause"?
> >
> > Our cause of world domination, of course, undertaken by our
> > henchcreatures the rosicrucians, the freemasons, the UN and the
> > Zionist-Communist bankers!
>
> <giggle>

You don't understand your own...'cause'?

That's like people rioting in the streets and not knowing why they are rioting.

The atheist cause is a movement towards 'explaining away God'...

sort of a 'charles darwinian cause'.

Now 'the desperate atheist' cause is explaining away...belief.

What's next, no such thing as avacados???

I remember the guineas in new york trying to explain away the mafia, by spreading the word among them that
there was no such thing as a Mafia.

Writing a book and calling it "The God Delusion" is just a desperate attempt to 'explaining away God'.

That is your cause...so go ahead and...<giggle>.

You're making God giggle..

Alex W.

Apr 30, 2015, 6:43:52 AM4/30/15
On 30/04/2015 08:44, The Starmaker wrote:

> You're making God giggle..

Have you ever read the bible?

Your god does not have a sense of humour.

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 1:35:34 PM4/30/15
You're from the UK...I don't think uk tv comedy is funny.

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 1:48:01 PM4/30/15
God is up there saying, "This show if fuckin funny!"

The greatest show in the universe is playing on Earth.

Coming to a planet near you...

Why does the universe go to all the bother to exist? Answer: To entertain.

Now, go on with the show...

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 1:58:14 PM4/30/15
Really?

I don't feel desperate...

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 1:59:12 PM4/30/15
On 2015-04-29 07:14:25 +0000, The Starmaker said:

> The Starmaker wrote:
>>
>> 'the desperate atheist'
>>
>> atheists are gasping for ...air.
>>
>> they are desperate..
>>
>> They are 'the desperate atheist'.
>>
>> They will say anything because their cause has failed.
>>
>> They are...desperate.
>

> I mean, really...
> you know
> They are 'the desperate atheist'
> when they says things like
> "the universe came from ...Nothing!"

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't say that.

I say that I don't know how the universe came to be.

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 2:00:05 PM4/30/15
On 2015-04-30 06:44:47 +0000, The Starmaker said:

> Jeanne Douglas wrote:
>>
>> In article <cqcbe7...@mid.individual.net>,

>>> Our cause of world domination, of course, undertaken by our
>>> henchcreatures the rosicrucians, the freemasons, the UN and the
>>> Zionist-Communist bankers!
>>
>> <giggle>
>
> You don't understand your own...'cause'?

It's not a cause.

> That's like people rioting in the streets and not knowing why they are rioting.
>

> The atheist cause is a movement towards 'explaining away God'...

Nope.

lal_truckee

Apr 30, 2015, 2:07:15 PM4/30/15
On 4/30/15 10:58 AM, Alan Baker wrote:

> Really?
>
> I don't feel desperate...

You're talking to a known troll.
Seems pretty desperate to me.

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 2:37:01 PM4/30/15
Alan Baker wrote:

> On 2015-04-29 07:14:25 +0000, The Starmaker said:
>
> > The Starmaker wrote:
> >>
> >> 'the desperate atheist'
> >>
> >> atheists are gasping for ...air.
> >>
> >> they are desperate..
> >>
> >> They are 'the desperate atheist'.
> >>
> >> They will say anything because their cause has failed.
> >>
> >> They are...desperate.
> >

> > I mean, really...
> > you know
> > They are 'the desperate atheist'
> > when they says things like
> > "the universe came from ...Nothing!"
>
> I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't say that.
>
> I say that I don't know how the universe came to be.

Read the very first sentence of the bible...

it reads:

1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

then...close the book, no need to read any further.

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 5:58:25 PM4/30/15
LOL

"Opinions vary".

:-)

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 5:59:23 PM4/30/15
Great.

There are a bunch of such books.

They say different things.

But: they don't answer important questions in a rational manner.

Such as: how did "God" come to be?

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 7:23:00 PM4/30/15
Why don't you ask Him next time you see Him? I'm sure He'll give you an answer that you would be satisfied with.

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 7:27:16 PM4/30/15
Smiler wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:38:04 -0700, The Starmaker wrote:
>
> > Alan Baker wrote:

> >> I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't say that.
> >>
> >> I say that I don't know how the universe came to be.
> >

> > Read the very first sentence of the bible...
> >
> > it reads:
> >
> > 1. In the beginning God
>
> What god? Even your bible doesn't give any evidence for it. It just
> assumes it exists.
>
> > created the heavens and the earth.
> > then...close the book, no need to read any further.
>
> Since when has reading been believing?

Okay, I can help you here...lets do some 'reverse engenering'.

1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Do you believe there exist an...earth?

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 7:31:08 PM4/30/15
Smiler wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:49:03 -0700, The Starmaker wrote:
>
> > Alex W. wrote:

> >> Have you ever read the bible?
> >>
> >> Your god does not have a sense of humour.
>
> Non-existent things don't.
>
> > God
>
> Where's the evidence for this supposed god character?
> Beliefs, opinions and 'holy' books are NOT evidence.
>
> >is up there
>
> Up where? Your arse hole?
>
> > saying, "This show if fuckin funny!"
>
> You know that, how?

All The World's A Stage by William Shakespeare

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 7:32:59 PM4/30/15
Smiler wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:36:33 -0700, The Starmaker wrote:
>
> > Alex W. wrote:

> >> Have you ever read the bible?
> >>
> >> Your god does not have a sense of humour.
> >
> > You're from the UK...I don't think uk tv comedy is funny.
> >

> You're from the US...I don't think US TV supposed comedy is funny.

I cannot think of names of british comedians, ...i don't know what
language they speak. It sure ain't inglish!

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 7:39:09 PM4/30/15
Sorry, but that is the necessary next question.

Why do you fear to answer it so much?

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 7:40:27 PM4/30/15
What does that have to do with anything.

Everything that exists exists whether or not a particular explanation
of its existence is correct.

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 8:11:47 PM4/30/15
I don't know who His mother and father is, why are you asking me???

Alan Baker

Apr 30, 2015, 8:48:20 PM4/30/15
You're making the argument:

"Since the universe can't come from nothing, where did the universe
come from if not from god?"

So why won't you address the obvious thing missing from your argument?

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 9:10:52 PM4/30/15
You wrote: Since when has reading been believing?

So, I ask, Do you believe there exist an...earth?

It reads: 1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the *earth*.

The Starmaker

Apr 30, 2015, 9:12:37 PM4/30/15
I don't get it? You brought up the arguement: how did "God" come to be?

I answered your question..."I don't know who His mother and father is,

Dimensional Traveler

Apr 30, 2015, 11:10:03 PM4/30/15
Based on the bible, it has the sense of humor of a sadistic psychopath.

--
Veni, vidi, snarki.

The Starmaker

May 1, 2015, 1:37:55 AM5/1/15
I'm sure everyone already knows God doesn't like to ...socialize with
people.

He keeps to Himself most of the time...

He used to living alone..

kind of shy.

Alex W.

May 1, 2015, 5:12:50 AM5/1/15
On 30/04/2015 20:38, The Starmaker wrote:

> Read the very first sentence of the bible...
>
> it reads:
>
> 1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
>

> then...close the book, no need to read any further.

You don't know how right you are....

T Guy

May 1, 2015, 8:23:12 AM5/1/15
That would be because he doesn't exist.

T Guy

May 1, 2015, 8:28:29 AM5/1/15
On Friday, 1 May 2015 00:23:00 UTC+1, The Starmaker wrote:
Are you not up to that particular piece of reverse engineering?

Or is your book not up to that particular piece of reverse engineering?

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

May 1, 2015, 12:02:14 PM5/1/15
T Guy <tim.b...@redbridge.gov.uk> wrote in
The Bible's story of the creation of the universe is "God created
it all." Science's story is "there was nothing, and then it
exploded."

Science is not equipped to answer certain questions generated by
either. The difference is, religion isn't science, and only an
idiot would try to apply science to it. (There are a lot of idiots
on both sides.)

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Alan Baker

May 1, 2015, 12:44:47 PM5/1/15
Nope. I didn't write that.

> So, I ask, Do you believe there exist an...earth?
>

> It reads: 1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the *earth*.

Again: that the earth exists doesn't make that creation story true.

Alan Baker

May 1, 2015, 12:46:46 PM5/1/15
No. YOU brought up the argument that there must be a CAUSE for the
universe's creation.

So if there must be a cause for the universe, why do you not need one
for your god?

Conversely (oh, tough for you, I realize) if you can say "God was
always there", then why can't you say the same of the universe and not
bother with a god at all.

In short, the fact that the universe exists is in no way proof that a
god exists.

The Starmaker

May 1, 2015, 1:49:49 PM5/1/15
No. You brought the arguement: how did "God" come to be?

I answered your question..."I don't know who His mother and father is,
why are you asking me???"

I never wrote: "there must be a CAUSE for the
universe's creation."

you must be high..

Alan Baker

May 1, 2015, 2:10:28 PM5/1/15
No. YOU brought the question (implicit, I know, but deal):

"How did the universe come to be?"

...and argued that it couldn't possibly come from nothing.

I just reflected your argument back on your claim about god.

> I answered your question..."I don't know who His mother and father is,
> why are you asking me???"
>

> I never wrote: "there must be a CAUSE for the
> universe's creation."

No. You just implied it.

For if you're not claiming that, what is there for you to argue?

> you must be high..

The Starmaker

May 1, 2015, 9:17:19 PM5/1/15
I can answer all your questions...i just need to know who is asking all
the questions.

The Starmaker

May 1, 2015, 11:33:01 PM5/1/15
Smiler wrote:

> On Fri, 01 May 2015 11:11:32 +0200, Alex W. wrote:

> >> Non-existent things don't.
> >
> > Ever read Terry Pratchett?
> > His non-existent gods and characters living on his equally non-existent
> > discworld have poodles of humour!
>
> That's Mr. Pratchet's humour.
> Following your argument, boys (a la Harry Potter) _can_ fly on a
> broomstick.

Flying on a broomstick is no different from Superman method of flying...he jumps.

Alan Baker

May 2, 2015, 3:57:07 AM5/2/15
On 2015-05-02 01:18:53 +0000, The Starmaker said:

>>> I never wrote: "there must be a CAUSE for the
>>> universe's creation."
>>
>> No. You just implied it.
>>
>> For if you're not claiming that, what is there for you to argue?
>>

>>> you must be high..
>

> I can answer all your questions...i just need to know who is asking all
> the questions.

Why does it matter who is asking the questions?

The answers shouldn't be any different regardless.

David DeLaney

May 2, 2015, 4:06:39 AM5/2/15
On 2015-05-01, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Bible's story of the creation of the universe is "God created
> it all." Science's story is "there was nothing, and then it exploded."
>
> Science is not equipped to answer certain questions generated by
> either. The difference is, religion isn't science, and only an
> idiot would try to apply science to it. (There are a lot of idiots
> on both sides.)

ObSF:

[...] In addition," Henry noted, "our University has a fine theozoology
department. Few faculty anywhere can rival our professors when it comes
to studying and classifying new sorts of God!"
"How many kinds of God are there?"
"One, so far,ö Henry admitted, ôbut the Department has just recently
constructed a ministerial accelerator that they believe will give rise
to as many as seventeen forms of God heretofore unknown."
-- from The Life and Death of Henry Serrano, by Emily Chen

Dave, from Nobilis by Jenna Moran
http://gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd/ -net.legends/Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

The Starmaker

May 2, 2015, 2:50:05 PM5/2/15
Well, Mr. Baker...what is your question? How can I help you??

Alan Baker

May 2, 2015, 3:18:24 PM5/2/15
Again, you avoid answering:

The Starmaker

May 3, 2015, 7:09:26 PM5/3/15
Okay, I'll rephrase...What is the Question? (cut and paste the question
from anywhere on the internet if you will)

The Starmaker

May 3, 2015, 7:10:48 PM5/3/15
I did not invent God.

Alan Baker

May 3, 2015, 9:48:33 PM5/3/15
Already asked...

...and now you've chosen a new form of avoiding it.

The Starmaker

May 3, 2015, 10:17:10 PM5/3/15
Okay, I understand...How about I cut and paste for you, and you point with your mouse which is the question?

There are six question below..is it any of those? Is it one, two, three, five, four, or the sixth question?

>>> I don't get it? You brought up the arguement: how did "God" come to be? --5
>>
>> No. YOU brought up the argument that there must be a CAUSE for the
>> universe's creation.
>>
>> So if there must be a cause for the universe, why do you not need one
>> for your god? --sixth

Is it one, two, three, five, four, or the sixth question?

William December Starr

May 3, 2015, 10:28:07 PM5/3/15
In article <XnsA48D5BECE58...@69.16.179.42>,
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> said:

> The Bible's story of the creation of the universe is "God created
> it all." Science's story is "there was nothing, and then it exploded."

There's the "There was nothing _here_, and then it exploded" variant.

(In fact, there wasn't even any here here.)

-- wds

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

May 4, 2015, 12:16:39 PM5/4/15
wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote in
My favorotire is watching a scientist try to explain why "what
happened before the big bang" is a meaningless question, since time
didn't exit until then.

Alan Baker

May 5, 2015, 12:52:51 AM5/5/15
Yes.

You've demonstrated that you're too afraid to answer the question.

No need to belabour the point.

Alex W.

May 5, 2015, 9:02:54 AM5/5/15
On 04/05/2015 01:12, The Starmaker wrote:
> I did not invent God.

You may not have.

Humanity as a whole did.

The Starmaker

May 5, 2015, 2:40:58 PM5/5/15
You have demonstrated to everyone your 'intellectually dishonesty'.
You're wasting space on earth...

Alan Baker

May 5, 2015, 2:57:19 PM5/5/15
What irony...

William December Starr

May 5, 2015, 5:16:59 PM5/5/15
In article <XnsA4905E5E97E...@69.16.179.42>,
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> said:

> My favorotire is watching a scientist try to explain why "what
> happened before the big bang" is a meaningless question, since
> time didn't exit until then.

Again, though, "There wasn't any time _here_" seems like a valid
clarification to me.

The problem is that "the Universe" and "everything that exists"
aren't (necessarily) different ways of saying the exact same thing.

-- wds

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

May 5, 2015, 5:46:09 PM5/5/15
wds...@panix.com (William December Starr) wrote in news:mibc09$dfh$1
@panix2.panix.com:

> In article <XnsA4905E5E97E...@69.16.179.42>,
> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy <taus...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> My favorotire is watching a scientist try to explain why "what
>> happened before the big bang" is a meaningless question, since
>> time didn't exit until then.
>
> Again, though, "There wasn't any time _here_" seems like a valid
> clarification to me.

Except that, before the big bang, "here" didn't exist either.

> The problem is that "the Universe" and "everything that exists"
> aren't (necessarily) different ways of saying the exact same thing.

That is, perhaps, what is so difficult to explain.