Gor has a roleplaying game

David Johnston

Sep 15, 2017, 7:41:11 PM9/15/17
Imagining how those games go, I think I puke a little in my mouth.

"World of Gor collects the lore of the Gorean cycle of novels by John Norman into one reference volume, intended for use alongside the Tales of Gor roleplaying game. This reference work will also be useful to Gorean roleplayers and fans of all kinds, roleplayers or not as a resource for fan fiction, roleplaying and Gorean activities of all kinds."

"Illustrated in striking style by celebrated fetish and comic book artist Michael Manning (Spider Garden, Tranceptor) this book is also a visual treat for fans of Gor, giving his unique interpretation to Gor, its creatures and its people."

Peter Trei

Sep 16, 2017, 1:00:05 PM9/16/17
Oh you sweet innocent child......

There quite a number of people for whom it is no 'game'.

Google "Gorean lifestyle", if you dare.

Pt

Peter Trei

Sep 16, 2017, 2:21:16 PM9/16/17
I should add: NSFW. Oh, *so* NSFW.

Pt

Magewolf

Sep 16, 2017, 4:48:33 PM9/16/17
Is it running on F.A.T.A.L.? Because if it is not there is no justice
in the world.

Quadibloc

Sep 16, 2017, 8:02:11 PM9/16/17
It is certainly true that F.A.T.A.L. seems like it would be the role-playing
system ideally suited to the subject matter.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 16, 2017, 9:32:52 PM9/16/17
Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in

> It is certainly true that F.A.T.A.L. seems like it would be the
> role-playing system ideally suited to the subject matter.

It's the only game I've ever seen that give you a formula for how
much damage to roll when you shove your fist up a baby's ass. (I have
a strong suspicion that was included because one of the fumble
results is that you can "accidentally" end up with your fist up your
opponent's ass, and I have this vision of a fistfight resulting when
somebody threw a baby as a missle weapon, and got that result.)

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Juho Julkunen

Sep 16, 2017, 10:47:26 PM9/16/17
In article <XnsA7F2BCAE5FB...@69.16.179.42>,
taus...@gmail.com says...

> Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in
>
> > It is certainly true that F.A.T.A.L. seems like it would be the
> > role-playing system ideally suited to the subject matter.
>
> It's the only game I've ever seen that give you a formula for how
> much damage to roll when you shove your fist up a baby's ass. (I have
> a strong suspicion that was included because one of the fumble
> results is that you can "accidentally" end up with your fist up your
> opponent's ass, and I have this vision of a fistfight resulting when
> somebody threw a baby as a missle weapon, and got that result.)

I think the table for orifice capacities is mainly for purposeful
insertions.

Mind, I only know enough of F.A.T.A.L to know I don't want to know more
about it, if you know what I mean, but it seems to achieve a fairly
unique union of skeeviness and cumbersomeness.

--
Juho Julkunen

alie...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2017, 10:52:50 PM9/16/17
One of those "if you have to explain it, it takes all the squick out of it" deals?

And no, I'm not going to find out for myself.

Mark L. Fergerson

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 17, 2017, 1:28:54 AM9/17/17
Juho Julkunen <giao...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> In article <XnsA7F2BCAE5FB...@69.16.179.42>,
> taus...@gmail.com says...
>>
>> Quadibloc <jsa...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in
>>
>> > It is certainly true that F.A.T.A.L. seems like it would be
>> > the role-playing system ideally suited to the subject matter.
>>
>> It's the only game I've ever seen that give you a formula for
>> how much damage to roll when you shove your fist up a baby's
>> ass. (I have a strong suspicion that was included because one
>> of the fumble results is that you can "accidentally" end up
>> with your fist up your opponent's ass, and I have this vision
>> of a fistfight resulting when somebody threw a baby as a missle
>> weapon, and got that result.)
>
> I think the table for orifice capacities is mainly for
> purposeful insertions.

Mainly, but the 1st edition, the table for age adjustment only went
down to adolescents. Extending down to infants came from somewhere.

> Mind, I only know enough of F.A.T.A.L to know I don't want to
> know more about it,

Proably a wise choice.

> if you know what I mean, but it seems to
> achieve a fairly unique union of skeeviness and cumbersomeness.

They did remove most of the racist stuff from the 2nd edition, when
it was pointed out to them. And, of course, doubled down on the
misogyny. (Nobody can touch the racist offensiveness of Racial Holy
War, which also committed the sin of being bland and boring.)

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 17, 2017, 2:08:24 AM9/17/17
"nu...@bid.nes" <alie...@gmail.com> wrote in
Yeah, it kind of is. The list of magical ingredients alone is
impossible to read without laughing out loud at how ridiculously
offensive it is. The phrase "cunt pipe" appears. What other game
has a magical backlash table the can result in a living ogre fetus
fallout out of the caster's ass?

> And no, I'm not going to find out for myself.

You're not fun at all.

Steve Coltrin

Sep 17, 2017, 10:24:44 AM9/17/17
This is not the horrifying thing. The horrifying thing is, there are
Gor LARPers.
--
Steve Coltrin spco...@omcl.org Google Groups killfiled here
"A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel

leif...@dimnakorr.com

Sep 17, 2017, 11:06:46 AM9/17/17
Steve Coltrin <spco...@omcl.org> wrote:
> This is not the horrifying thing. The horrifying thing is, there are
> Gor LARPers.

Still nowhere near as bad as Civil War reenactors.

--
Leif Roar Moldskred
Just think, in half a century or so, they'll start having World War II reenactments

Peter Trei

Sep 17, 2017, 2:03:45 PM9/17/17
On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 10:24:44 AM UTC-4, Steve Coltrin wrote:
> This is not the horrifying thing. The horrifying thing is, there are
> Gor LARPers.

http://www.goreanliving.com/

Pt

J. Clarke

Sep 17, 2017, 5:07:06 PM9/17/17
I was actually invited to participate in such a while back. I found
it rather an interesting experience--one I am happy to have had but
don't quite care to repeat. I found it rather awkward all around.
Perhaps if I knew the etiquette it would have been different. And it
did have its moments.

alie...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2017, 3:31:43 PM9/18/17
For me, there's still plenty of squick in that "explanation".

> > And no, I'm not going to find out for myself.
> >
> You're not fun at all.

Depends on your definition of "fun".

On the one hand I'm always interested in, um, "creative anatomical irregularities" which is why I watch police procedurals for accuracy.

On the other hand I used to think I really needed to know everything.

I've changed my mind about that.

Mark L. Fergerson

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 18, 2017, 4:37:11 PM9/18/17
"nu...@bid.nes" <alie...@gmail.com> wrote in
I'm feeling generous today, so I'll allow you to trust me that the
examples given are hardly the most offensive (or squicky) things
about the game. By a large margin. There's even a table to tell you
what color your nipples are.

>> > And no, I'm not going to find out for myself.
>> >
>> You're not fun at all.
>
> Depends on your definition of "fun".

Indeed. But there's only one definition that I care about.

> On the one hand I'm always interested in, um, "creative
> anatomical irregularities" which is why I watch police
> procedurals for accuracy.

You're disappointed a lot in that, aren't you? Generally speaking,
TV shows will teach you the exact opposite of knowledge about
police and court procedures.

> On the other hand I used to think I really needed to know
> everything.

I used to think I *do* know everthing. Come to think of it, I still
do.

> I've changed my mind about that.

With age, comes wisdom. This is an argument against growing up.

David DeLaney

Sep 19, 2017, 5:49:45 AM9/19/17
On 2017-09-17, Steve Coltrin <spco...@omcl.org> wrote:
> This is not the horrifying thing. The horrifying thing is, there are
> Gor LARPers.

... aaaand now I'm imagining dominance/submission in-game challenges. Played
out with little scraps of paper. With other little scraps of paper representing
leather and latex items that the LARPers in question can't actually afford in
real life. My brane hertz.

Dave, and a potted houseplant off to the side thinking "oh no, not again"

Kevrob

Sep 19, 2017, 1:16:55 PM9/19/17
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 5:49:45 AM UTC-4, David DeLaney wrote:
> On 2017-09-17, Steve Coltrin <spco...@omcl.org> wrote:
> > This is not the horrifying thing. The horrifying thing is, there are
> > Gor LARPers.
>
> ... aaaand now I'm imagining dominance/submission in-game challenges. Played
> out with little scraps of paper. With other little scraps of paper representing
> leather and latex items that the LARPers in question can't actually afford in
> real life. My brane hertz.

New players without many experience points never get to be "top?"

Kevin R

David Johnston

Sep 19, 2017, 1:22:09 PM9/19/17
I'm aware. And that disturbs me less than trying to imagine how a tabletop RPG session of it goes.