"Texas A&M Libraries Receives Five Millionth Volume, A First-Edition Of The Hobbit"

Lynn McGuire

Mar 4, 2015, 7:36:02 PM3/4/15
"Texas A&M Libraries Receives Five Millionth Volume, A First-Edition Of The Hobbit"
http://today.tamu.edu/2015/02/27/texas-am-libraries-receives-five-millionth-volume-a-first-edition-of-the-hobbit/

"Texas A&M University Libraries today acquired its five millionth volume, a rare first-edition of J.R.R. Tolkien’s 1937 classic The
Hobbit—a gift from award-winning “Game of Thrones” author George R.R. Martin."

That was fairly cool of George R. R. Martin to give that to TAMU.

Disclosure: I graduated from TAMU in 1982.

Lynn

Ahasuerus

Mar 5, 2015, 1:23:25 AM3/5/15
On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 7:36:02 PM UTC-5, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "Texas A&M Libraries Receives Five Millionth Volume, A
> First-Edition Of The Hobbit"
> http://today.tamu.edu/2015/02/27/texas-am-libraries-receives-five-millionth-volume-a-first-edition-of-the-hobbit/
>
> "Texas A&M University Libraries today acquired its five millionth
> volume, a rare first-edition of J.R.R. Tolkien's 1937 classic The
> Hobbit--a gift from award-winning "Game of Thrones" author George
> R.R. Martin."
>
> That was fairly cool of George R. R. Martin to give that to TAMU.
>
> Disclosure: I graduated from TAMU in 1982.

As they say, "It is no accident, comrades!" TAMU used to host ISFDB
and still hosts SFFRD, the Science Fiction and Fantasy Research
Database -- http://sffrd.library.tamu.edu/