Re: Why are Aliens never black?

Tim Bruening

Sep 11, 2008, 3:41:42 AM9/11/08

Naked Gonad wrote:

> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
> in space?

I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.

Naked Gonad

Sep 11, 2008, 5:49:16 AM9/11/08

Yes let's.

Gonad

Paul Howard

Sep 11, 2008, 8:54:21 AM9/11/08
"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Really! Everybody knows that the Aliens are grey!!!

--

Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile), AIM id DrakeBookLover
*

Sep 11, 2008, 9:00:32 AM9/11/08
As legal representative Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> read
article of evidence <48C8CBB6...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> it was clear
the jury was balanced on a knife edge:

worf in ST:TNG was black.

--
http://crass.on.ru/bin/upload/files/mp3/Trashmen-Surfin::Bird.mp3
Friends intervene on Friends.

Naked Gonad

Sep 11, 2008, 11:01:00 AM9/11/08
Paul Howard wrote:
> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
>>
>> Naked Gonad wrote:
>>
>>> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
>>> in space?
>> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>>

> Really! Everybody knows that the Aliens are grey!!!

I think it's the pink ones that you need to worry about.

Gonad

PhilHibbs

Sep 11, 2008, 11:24:39 AM9/11/08
What is the author trying to achieve? Either the alien needs to look
different and strange, in which case s/he picks a skin colour that you
don't get on Earth, such as green or blue. Or, s/he wants an alien
that looks more like us, e.g. Spock, and so given that SF has
traditionally been aimed at a western audience, it gets a western skin
tone. Simple, really. More recently, ethnic diversity has come in, so
where you have a number of alien characters then one or two of them
might get a dark skin tone. If there's just one, though, it either
gets a skin tone that matches the majority of the target demographic,
or it gets something weird like blue. If there's one alien, and you
make it dark skinned, then the audience will still assume that you are
making a statement due to the residual prejudice that pervades our
society.

Easy one.

Phil Hibbs.

Paul Howard

Sep 11, 2008, 11:31:52 AM9/11/08

"PhilHibbs" <sna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

In this case, it was about the Aliens mentioned in the News Media (ie really
kidnapping people or secretly in touch with the US Government). Not about
Aliens in SF stories/shows.

Naked Gonad

Sep 11, 2008, 11:37:42 AM9/11/08

But are there any pink ones?

Gonad

Dorothy J Heydt

Sep 11, 2008, 11:41:04 AM9/11/08
In article <OO2IfmAw...@hotmail.com>, <p> wrote:
>As legal representative Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> read
>article of evidence <48C8CBB6...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> it was clear
>the jury was balanced on a knife edge:
>>

>>Naked Gonad wrote:
>>
>>> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
>>> in space?
>>
>>I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>>

>worf in ST:TNG was black.

Yes, and so were a lot of Klingons in third season TOS and later.
In the first two seasons they were just sort of swarthy and
Mediterranean, but then some writer in the (bad) third season
wanted to make a (bad) allegory about racial relations.

I thought of several stories with black people in space but they
all turned out to be humans, so I deleted them. (The stories, I
hasten to add.)

I'm sure there must be some but it's early in the morning and I
just can't dredge 'em up.

Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
djh...@kithrup.com

Naked Gonad

Sep 11, 2008, 11:48:16 AM9/11/08

Maybe they should introduce two tone aliens, for good measure.

Gonad

hones...@centurytel.net

Sep 11, 2008, 11:59:43 AM9/11/08

"Naked Gonad" <bodr...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

There are folks that don't like prostate checks, ya know.

HJ

Dorothy J Heydt

Sep 11, 2008, 11:42:01 AM9/11/08
In article <Np-dnT_SuZd0pFTV...@comcast.com>,

Oh! Well, then, in that case who can tell? (Because those
aliens aren't real......)

Paul Howard

Sep 11, 2008, 12:04:46 PM9/11/08
"Dorothy J Heydt" <djh...@kithrup.com> wrote in message

I know that those aliens aren't real and you know that those aliens aren't
real but some people don't know that. [Sad Smile]

Naked Gonad

Sep 11, 2008, 12:05:36 PM9/11/08
Do aliens actually have testicles?

Gonad

Naked Gonad

Sep 11, 2008, 12:09:59 PM9/11/08
You do realise, that you've just shattered a lot of
folks illusions! You may have even made them kwy.

Gonad

Snarky

Sep 11, 2008, 12:24:31 PM9/11/08
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:24:39 -0700, PhilHibbs wrote these lies, denials,
arrogant assertions, erroneous presuppositions, and/or obfuscations:

Yikes, another "Snarks"...

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5; Anonymous Psycho Criminal #18
TEH USENETS BULLIE
http://www.runescape.com/
Join my RuneScape clan!
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Holy_Pretzel_Cabal/index.php
Full name of clan: Cabal of the Holy International Discordian Internet
And Usenet Terrorist Pretzel

Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle
Trainer of PorchMonkey4Life
http://www.screedbomb.info/porchie/

Hammer of Thor, July 2008

"Not supporting me is equivalent to forfeiting your own rights." --
John D. Wentzky: Warrior For Your Freedumb! Message-ID:
<33km2419sg6fnq3sh...@4ax.com>

"You cognatatively challenged fool!" -- According to Agamemnon, Stephen
Wilson is, apparently, highly ignorant about cognates, and so is anyone
who dares to disagree with him, in Message-ID:
<Jvidnfyewe883sjV...@eclipse.net.uk>

"Is it still necrophilia if I'm conscious?" -- Owen Harper, "Dead Man
Walking", Torchwood (20/207)

Naked Gonad

Sep 11, 2008, 12:26:15 PM9/11/08
Snarky wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:24:39 -0700, PhilHibbs wrote these lies, denials,
> arrogant assertions, erroneous presuppositions, and/or obfuscations:
>
>> What is the author trying to achieve? Either the alien needs to look
>> different and strange, in which case s/he picks a skin colour that you
>> don't get on Earth, such as green or blue. Or, s/he wants an alien that
>> looks more like us, e.g. Spock, and so given that SF has traditionally
>> been aimed at a western audience, it gets a western skin tone. Simple,
>> really. More recently, ethnic diversity has come in, so where you have a
>> number of alien characters then one or two of them might get a dark skin
>> tone. If there's just one, though, it either gets a skin tone that matches
>> the majority of the target demographic, or it gets something weird like
>> blue. If there's one alien, and you make it dark skinned, then the
>> audience will still assume that you are making a statement due to the
>> residual prejudice that pervades our society.
>>
>> Easy one.
>>
>> Phil Hibbs.
>
> Yikes, another "Snarks"...

There's always room for another one......Snark2?

Gonad

Quadibloc

Sep 11, 2008, 1:40:38 PM9/11/08

Well, we know that Vathlo Island must be a hoax. After all, with a
*red* sun, their chief import would have to be cod-liver oil.

John Savard

Quadibloc

Sep 11, 2008, 1:42:38 PM9/11/08
On Sep 11, 9:31 am, "Paul Howard" <ppaulshow...@comcast.net> wrote:

> In this case, it was about the Aliens mentioned in the News Media

Well, in that case, it's because the U.S. shares a border with Mexico,
but not with any country in Africa. You would have to go to Europe to
find *that* kind of alien with dark skin.

John Savard

mimus

Sep 11, 2008, 1:57:08 PM9/11/08

_Childhood's End_.

--

"You are either insane or a fool."
"I am a sanitary inspector."

< _Maske: Thaery_

trag

Sep 11, 2008, 2:12:15 PM9/11/08

The aliens in "Foreigner" by Cherryh are jet black. Of course, since
the story takes place on their planet, the human is the alien and
they're just normal looking natives.

Paul Clarke

Sep 11, 2008, 2:35:20 PM9/11/08
On 11 Sep, 16:41, djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:
> I thought of several stories with black people in space but they
> all turned out to be humans, so I deleted them. (The stories, I
> hasten to add.)

(Newsgroups trimmed.)

Cherry's atevi are black, as are the aliens in Niven's "Bordered in
Black" (at least, I think they're aliens rather than transplanted
humans).

art...@yahoo.com

Sep 11, 2008, 2:39:05 PM9/11/08

There is "The Brother From Another Planet" (Which according to my
brother is not SF, but that is another issue).

Dorothy J Heydt

Sep 11, 2008, 2:59:35 PM9/11/08
In article <f15b9dde-3acc-4b66...@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

Those latter are one in of the stories I deleted, because there
was IIRC nothing in the story to indicate that they were anything
but transplanted humans. (There was nothing else living on the
planet but oceanic yeast; hence the dark-skinned humans lived
around the edges of all the continents.)

Paul Howard

Sep 11, 2008, 3:34:55 PM9/11/08

"Dorothy J Heydt" <djh...@kithrup.com> wrote in message

I say the beings in "Bordered in Black" as transplanted humans (or ancestors
to Earth Humans).

hones...@centurytel.net

Sep 11, 2008, 4:06:23 PM9/11/08

"Naked Gonad" <bodr...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

They grow-in where their tonsils used to be and that little thing that hangs
down in the back of one's throat is their peckers/clits.

HJ

David DeLaney

Sep 11, 2008, 2:47:13 PM9/11/08

And Yoyodyne?

Dave 'which is nowhere near inhabiting _hard_ SF, of course' DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 12, 2008, 12:05:47 AM9/12/08
That's easy. Aliens are "never" black (though you probably should have made
that "humanoid aliens") because humans are never black. Some are just a
really dark brown.

--
"What Kind of perv rememembers the scenes where she's clothed???" -
Anim8rFSK, 8/23/08

Tim Bruening

Sep 12, 2008, 12:32:51 AM9/12/08

Quadibloc wrote:

We're talking about aliens from another planet, not merely people from
other nations!

Tim Bruening

Sep 12, 2008, 12:33:23 AM9/12/08

mimus wrote:

The aliens in that one looked like demons!

Tim Bruening

Sep 12, 2008, 12:35:00 AM9/12/08

Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> That's easy. Aliens are "never" black (though you probably should have made
> that "humanoid aliens") because humans are never black. Some are just a
> really dark brown.

I've seen some pretty dark looking humans! IMHO, they're quite nice looking!:)

Naked Gonad

Sep 12, 2008, 4:33:20 AM9/12/08
hones...@centurytel.net wrote:
> "Naked Gonad" <bodr...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> hones...@centurytel.net wrote:
>>> "Naked Gonad" <bodr...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> There are folks that don't like prostate checks, ya know.
>>>
>>> HJ
>> Do aliens actually have testicles?
>>
>> Gonad
>
> They grow-in where their tonsils used to be and that little thing that hangs
> down in the back of one's throat is their peckers/clits.
>
> HJ

Oh dear! does that mean that every time they open
their mouths,they're fucked?

Gonad

Lola Stonewall Riot

Sep 12, 2008, 4:52:37 AM9/12/08
Hail Eris! On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:32:51 -0700, Tim Bruening frothed and
foamed:
> Quadibloc wrote:

>> On Sep 11, 9:31 am, "Paul Howard" wrote:
>>
>> > In this case, it was about the Aliens mentioned in the News Media
>>
>> Well, in that case, it's because the U.S. shares a border with Mexico,
>> but not with any country in Africa. You would have to go to Europe to
>> find *that* kind of alien with dark skin.
>
> We're talking about aliens from another planet, not merely people from
> other nations!

Would Condi Rice qualify? I know George W. Bush would...

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5

The God of Odd Statements
Stupidity Takes Its Toll. Please Have Exact Change.

Thread where outing begins: http://tinyurl.com/hojf8
George Pickett Memorial Award nominee <wfh...@hotmail.com> on outing
personal contact info in x-poasted subject lines:
"Plenty of people post under their real names and do not attempt to hide
their contact info. You are scared of being 'outed' because you are a
pathological abuser of usenet, and people rightly despise you for it.
You're afraid of being reported to the authorities or, better, visited
by a couple of guys with baseball bats. Other people don't have this
obsessive fear. Ward Hardman himself has posted plenty of personal
information - nothing that anyone else added was hidden in any way.
You're so fucking scared you've built up this whole sick mythology about
different categories of bad dudes who 'out' scum like you.

"Meanwhile you are the ugliest pigfucker in the universe. You are the
coward without ethics. You call me a 'newbie' - ha! what an asshole you
are. Those who want to remain anonymous do so. There is absolutely no
way you could identify me, not unless you had the sort of subpoena power
that only gets turned on for big-time terrorists. That's because I chose
to be anonymous. Some people don't. Only really stupid dicks like you
choose the sort of semi-anonymity which leaves you in constant fear.

"What a dickless wonder you are 'Snarky' you fat asshole."
-- in MID: <1156587081....@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>

Jon Schild

Sep 12, 2008, 10:45:36 AM9/12/08

Tim Bruening wrote:

> Naked Gonad wrote:
>

>>Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
>> in space?
>

> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.

Because they wouldn't show up well when the movie is made?

--
The problem is not that the world is full of fools, it's that lightning
isn't being distributed correctly.

Jon Schild

Sep 12, 2008, 10:49:04 AM9/12/08

Like in that wretched Star Trek episode? (Let That be Your Last
Battlefield)

Jon Schild

Sep 12, 2008, 10:49:55 AM9/12/08

Yes, but they were black. Real black, not the brown that we call black.

Sep 12, 2008, 9:53:33 AM9/12/08
As legal representative Dorothy J Heydt <djh...@kithrup.com> read
article of evidence <K71FK...@kithrup.com> it was clear the jury was
balanced on a knife edge:
>In article <OO2IfmAw...@hotmail.com>, <p> wrote:
>>As legal representative Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> read
>>article of evidence <48C8CBB6...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> it was clear
>>the jury was balanced on a knife edge:

>>>I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>>>

>>worf in ST:TNG was black.
>
>Yes, and so were a lot of Klingons in third season TOS and later.
>In the first two seasons they were just sort of swarthy and
>Mediterranean, but then some writer in the (bad) third season
>wanted to make a (bad) allegory about racial relations.
>
>I thought of several stories with black people in space but they
>all turned out to be humans, so I deleted them. (The stories, I
>hasten to add.)
>
>I'm sure there must be some but it's early in the morning and I
>just can't dredge 'em up.
>
>Dorothy J. Heydt
>Vallejo, California
>djh...@kithrup.com

Can I just say that is the first time a complete stranger has treated me
like a human being in a Usenet reply, for a very long time.

Thank you very much.
--
http://crass.on.ru/bin/upload/files/mp3/Trashmen-Surfin::Bird.mp3
Friends intervene on Friends.
Something seems to be seriously wrong with my computer. It is working!

Naked Gonad

Sep 12, 2008, 10:10:37 AM9/12/08
Jon Schild wrote:

> Tim Bruening wrote:
>>
>> Naked Gonad wrote:
>>

>>> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
>>> in space?
>>

>> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>>

> Because they wouldn't show up well when the movie is made?

Yeh, especially in a black & white movie.

Gonad

Dorothy J Heydt

Sep 12, 2008, 10:34:08 AM9/12/08
In article <$otkmADd...@hotmail.com>, <p> wrote:
>As legal representative Dorothy J Heydt <djh...@kithrup.com> read
>article of evidence <K71FK...@kithrup.com> it was clear the jury was
>balanced on a knife edge:
>>In article <OO2IfmAw...@hotmail.com>, <p> wrote:
>>>As legal representative Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> read
>>>article of evidence <48C8CBB6...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> it was clear
>>>the jury was balanced on a knife edge:

>>>worf in ST:TNG was black.
>>
>>Yes, and so were a lot of Klingons in third season TOS and later.
>>In the first two seasons they were just sort of swarthy and
>>Mediterranean, but then some writer in the (bad) third season
>>wanted to make a (bad) allegory about racial relations.
>>
>>I thought of several stories with black people in space but they
>>all turned out to be humans, so I deleted them. (The stories, I
>>hasten to add.)
>>
>>I'm sure there must be some but it's early in the morning and I
>>just can't dredge 'em up.
>>
>Can I just say that is the first time a complete stranger has treated me
>like a human being in a Usenet reply, for a very long time.
>
>Thank you very much.

Well, sir, you're welcome. We do tend to be civilized around
here, unless somebody busts in on us with spam or trollage or
something. Even when they do, we sometimes (for our own
amusement) take the question (or part of it) seriously and lead
it off on a thread of our own devising.

In this case, if you were really inquiring about real aliens in
real flying saucers visiting *this* planet *now*, I'm afraid the
consensus here is that there aren't any. But aliens in science
fiction, why, that's right up our alley, so we did our best.
You'll note we didn't manage to come up with very many
black-colored fictional real aliens (as distinguished from
fictional transplanted humans).

As to why there are so few black fictional real aliens, it may simply
be that there are lots of dark pinkish-brown humans, just as there
are lots of pale brownish-pink humans, so that writers inventing
aliens want to go for something a little more alien-looking, like
blue or green or at the least fish-belly white.

Michael Grosberg

Sep 12, 2008, 11:26:12 AM9/12/08
On Sep 11, 10:41 am, Tim Bruening <tsbru...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>
wrote:

> Naked Gonad wrote:
> > Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
> >   in space?
>
> I don't know.  Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.

The shadows from Babylon 5 are black.
Now that's settled, what about Fuchsia aliens?
(I wanted to ask about powder blue aliens, then remembered the
Gamilons from Star Blazers)

hones...@centurytel.net

Sep 12, 2008, 1:49:27 PM9/12/08

"Naked Gonad" <bodr...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

Yes, and masterbation is as simple as brushing one's gonads.

HJ

mimus

Sep 12, 2008, 2:50:38 PM9/12/08

<coldly>

Are you prejudiced against people with horns and wings?

(_The Mightiest Machine_, too, IIRC-- and Campbell definitely was.)

--

Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!!

< _WKRP in Cincinnati_

Naked Gonad

Sep 13, 2008, 3:24:21 AM9/13/08
I think one of the Aliens name was "Barack".

Gonad

Sep 13, 2008, 5:55:21 AM9/13/08
As legal representative Dorothy J Heydt <djh...@kithrup.com> read
article of evidence <K7374...@kithrup.com> it was clear the jury was

Thank you very much.

If you are a writer I would greatly appreciating a link to one of your
stories ... or anything else you would be willing to let me read.

ronincats

Sep 13, 2008, 11:42:55 AM9/13/08
On Sep 11, 10:42 am, Quadibloc <jsav...@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

> On Sep 11, 9:31 am, "Paul Howard" <ppaulshow...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > In this case, it was about the Aliens mentioned in the News Media
>
> Well, in that case, it's because the U.S. shares a border with Mexico,
> but not with any country in Africa. You would have to go to Europe to
> find *that* kind of alien with dark skin.
>
> John Savard

Someone is forgetting the stories in the media about the differential
treatment
given to boat people from Haiti and from Cuba, all of whom are aliens.

Mark Zenier

Sep 12, 2008, 11:02:17 PM9/12/08
In article <48C8CBB6...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>,

Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

>Naked Gonad wrote:
>
>> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
>> in space?
>
>I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.

I thought you guys in alt.usenet.k00ks were fans of Rebecca Ore.

In her _Becoming Alien_, _Being Alien_, _Human to Human_ trilogy
she had a race of Aliens, the Barcons, that passed as Africans when
they were undercover on Earth.

Mark Zenier mze...@eskimo.com

mimus

Sep 13, 2008, 3:22:28 PM9/13/08
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 03:02:17 +0000, Mark Zenier wrote:

> In article <48C8CBB6...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>,
> Tim Bruening <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
>> Naked Gonad wrote:
>>
>>> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
>>> in space?
>>
>> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>
> I thought you guys in alt.usenet.k00ks were fans of Rebecca Ore.
>
> In her _Becoming Alien_, _Being Alien_, _Human to Human_ trilogy
> she had a race of Aliens, the Barcons, that passed as Africans when
> they were undercover on Earth.

You're assuming the aukers read.

I have a personal guilt complex from not having read her books (she's
always welcome in the Flonk when she Usenets), although in my defense most
of my reading in SFF is old favorites from or at least first read in the
'60s and '70s (really, the main authors I've added since then are Goulart
and Pratchett), and my recreational fictional reading taste has ever more
heavily over the years tended toward the comedic-satirical (I read heavily
in history for recreation, as well).

--

"You are either insane or a fool."
"I am a sanitary inspector."

< _Maske: Thaery_

Joy Beeson

Sep 13, 2008, 8:21:51 PM9/13/08

The Firstborn of Barsoom are coal black.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Paul Howard

Sep 13, 2008, 8:29:54 PM9/13/08
"Joy Beeson" <jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote in message

While early SF (like the Barsoon stories) had aliens differing only in skin
color, most recent SF have had aliens whose bodies were completely different
from humans. Most readers might think more of the aliens' body shape than
what color the aliens were.

mimus

Sep 13, 2008, 9:20:56 PM9/13/08
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 19:29:54 -0500, Paul Howard wrote:

> "Joy Beeson" <jbe...@invalid.net.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> The Firstborn of Barsoom are coal black.
>

> While early SF (like the Barsoon stories) had aliens differing only in skin
> color, most recent SF have had aliens whose bodies were completely different
> from humans. Most readers might think more of the aliens' body shape than
> what color the aliens were.

Yep, in the Noticeability Sweepstakes, I'd say body-shape trumps
integument-color any time, not to mention integument-texture.

--

Hand in hand in hand in hand in hand in hand in hand in hand.

< Syd Barrett, "Octopus"

Robert Carnegie

Sep 13, 2008, 9:38:27 PM9/13/08

I remember Garak... Are you thinking of the quickie story where the
flying saucers tell the world, "We are the Obama, returned at last to
the place of our greatest shame, if some of you still are white
skinned then there is now a cure and you can come home?"

Naked Gonad

Sep 14, 2008, 4:29:01 AM9/14/08

No.

Gonad

The Secretary of HomIntern

Sep 15, 2008, 7:23:25 AM9/15/08
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:22:28 -0400, mimus k'lamed:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 03:02:17 +0000, Mark Zenier wrote:
>> Tim Bruening wrote:

>>> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>>
>> I thought you guys in alt.usenet.k00ks were fans of Rebecca Ore.
>>
>> In her _Becoming Alien_, _Being Alien_, _Human to Human_ trilogy she had
>> a race of Aliens, the Barcons, that passed as Africans when they were
>> undercover on Earth.
>
> You're assuming the aukers read.

He can assume that I do. However, I'm currently about halfway through
_Stand On Zanzibar_ (which is also filling right up IRL), for the fourth
or fifth time, and don't expect to be reading anything I haven't already
bought in the past five or ten years before 2010.

> I have a personal guilt complex from not having read her books (she's
> always welcome in the Flonk when she Usenets), although in my defense most
> of my reading in SFF is old favorites from or at least first read in the
> '60s and '70s (really, the main authors I've added since then are Goulart
> and Pratchett), and my recreational fictional reading taste has ever more
> heavily over the years tended toward the comedic-satirical (I read heavily
> in history for recreation, as well).

I've been meaning to buy _Going Postal_ for ages, but my budget's tight,
these days.

Hail Eris! "The personal _is_ political."
Bent Depraved N. Deviant Cock-Smoker, Esq., Superfaggot

"Only your Bigotry ever speaks, you haven't a clue about me what so
ever. You simply 'HATE FAGS'!" -- Yup, guess I do, Azure. I must hate
myself most of all, I guess. In a really public and blatantly obvious
way. Sheesh! Message-ID:
<G4idnQK3yczagSfV...@posted.gcicommunications>

COOSN-029-06-71069; Usenet Ruiner #5; Official Chung Demon
Most Hated Usenetizen of All Time #13; Top Asshole #3; Lits Slut #16
Gutter Chix0r #17; BowTie's Spuriously Accused Pedo Photographer #4
AUK Psycho & Felon #21; Parrot & Zombie #2
Anonymous Psycho Criminal #18
Rotate email munge 13 times to get real addy
"The moral of the story is: Kill the parents kill the children."

"What a lame copycat you are." -- the PorchMonkey4Life, posting as "The
Secretary of HomIntern", in MID: <UkdTh.2573$Z66.747@trnddc06>,
re-defines irony yet again.

Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle
Trainer of the PorchMonkey4Life
http://www.screedbomb.info/porchie/

"Stupidity excuses nothing. It's only a reason...." -- Phxbrd
Old politicalcompass.org:
Economic Left/Right: -7.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
New political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -6.75 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67
Odd. I seem to be swaying.

"The whining has just begun." -- John Wentzky, in Message-ID:
<Ie2Qe.8199$wb5....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>

Killfiled by: directory; Anim8rfsk
"It's not nice to misrepresent Mother Nature."
http://www.lowgenius.net/kookway.htm
TEH WAY OF THE K00K
Never learn from your mistakes.
Always practice your mistakes; you may get them right.
Always pick on those smarter and tougher than you.
Always believe that only you know the TRVTH.
Never allow logic or reason get in the way of a good k00k.
When being overwhelmed by logic and reason: k00ksuit!
If you are going to be wrong, do it at the top of your lungs.
When caught in a lie: LIE!
When in doubt: Order the Crab Won Ton
Plagiarism is your friend. Use it.
Whenever contradicted; morph, start calling people names, and make false
accusations. Include the children of your target in your allegations,
even if they don't have any.
(06-Jun-05) When nobody else will listen, post to your own fan group.
(06-Jun-05) Obviously, since you have your own fan group, this must mean
that you have fans. Post prolifically to your fan group - you wouldn't
want to disappoint them!
(10-May-2005)Everyone reads usenet. Approval here means approval
everywhere.
Post numerous blank posts, or posts containing only a message id.
Post numerous copy&paste web articles from crackerpot websites.
Never forget to call kookologists "k00ks."
If there are several, call them "sockpuppets" too
When all else fails, accuse various and sundry kookologists of e-mailing
viruses to you. This is a sure-fire method of garnering sympathy and
ensuring that the General Public will always see things your way. An
especially effective sub-strategy here is to accuse them of infecting
you with the 'Sasser' worm via e-mail.
Quote notorious scientists or writers - it makes it look as if they
approve the drivel you are writing!
(9-Jul-05) Anytime your computer is infected with a virus, bogged down
by spyware, attacked over your internet connection, or otherwise suffers
from preventable problems, government agencies are responsible and are
trying to silence you and are monitoring your computer files.
Ignore all traffic signs and feel free to trespass, you don't have to
obey any rules.
Scare your enemies with lawsuits, police escorts and whines.
Always back up your empty (albeit noisy) threats with phony LARTs, false
police reports, and harassing letters to the FBI and other gubbermint
agencies.
Be vigilant in your redundancy. The more you repeat yourself, the more
likely others will believe you!
If you can't find anyone as crazy as yourself to support you in the
flamewars you start with the normal population, create sock puppets and
use anonymous remailers that shamelessly hang on every word you write.
(17-Mar-05) When dealing with law enforcement, remember that it is they
who have the problem, not you. Be sure to inform them of this at every
available opportunity, as they will surely appreciate your constructive
criticism. Be sure to make them aware that YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! ("The
cops like that, when people know their rights. That way they don't have
to read them to you on the way to the station." - George Carlin)
The more your fake personalities adulate you, the more respect you'll
get!
When confronted with a reality that you don't like: Announce loudly
that you are departing, never to return as long as there's an Internet.
Come back in three or four days and claim you were drunk, hacked,
abducted by alience, or forged. Alternately you can just not even
mention your prior departure, and if anyone asks you about it, either
ignore them or respond with something along the lines of "YOUR NOT THE
BOSS OF ME! *PLONK*!" People really know you mean business then.
Always remain clueproof.
(20-Mar-05) Anyone who does not believe that you are the reincarnation
of [$DEITY_OR_PROPHET] is obviously an infidel lacking in faith whose
soul in in peril of everlasting damnation.
When responding to one line challenges, post paragraphs of rants and
screed in response.
Incoherency is not a roadblock to poasting.
Neither is illiteracy.
Delusions poasted often enough become fact.
Claim you will destroy <insert newsfroup> for attacking you.
When spnaked, send cmsg for Fanboi newsfroup(s).
Find your Lame, Use your Lame, Be your Lame!
Post Edit when the TRVTH hurts.
Always sneck the offending newsfroups.
Always poast pictures of yourself so you can be admired in all your k00ky
glory.
Always accuse others of the very acts you are guilty of.
Post lots of boasts about your high IQ and incredible talents.
(20-Mar-05) If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.
Anybody who fails to understand this is engaged in a deliberate campaign
of misinformation and character assassination.
Always <plonk> somebody just before replying the plonkee!
The k00k considers itself the most intelligent person in any
conversation, possibly on the planet. Other people are benighted and
ignorant, and have been waiting their whole lives for the k00k to rescue
them from intellectual darkness.
Write a self-published book and claim it a success. Bonus points for
comparing it to "Mein Kampf" and/or the Bible.
Declare yourself equal to a deity of your choice.
Claim that you've come from other planets.
Claim thousands of past lives.
Frothing complaints carry far more weight when you send them from
"legal@" some domain.
Nothing strikes terror into the hearts of your detractors more than
telling them that you're archiving their messages for possible use in
the future.
Never forget that everyone else posting to Usenet is a paid
disinformation agent looking to discredit you.
Usenet is governed by US law. If a poster in Romania killfiles you, he's
obviously violating your 1st Amendment rights and can be sued.
Every news admin in the world hangs out in NANAU, and they're just dying
to nuke the account of that meanyhead who just called you "fucknozzle".
Drop 'em a line - that's what they're there for, after all.
AUK will be closed down. Just you wait and see.
They've nuked hundreds of accounts in the name of free speech and
*yours* will be next.
The k00k will, without any trace of irony, lie, manipulate, impersonate,
censor, and declare themselves powerful in ways ranging from the ability
to have an account shut down to being God Herself, in order to convince
people that they are not liars, manipulators, censors, or insane.
Abuse women while telling how many hundreds you've loved. Nevermind that
you're one ugly motherfucker and that there were 30,000 femininas that
thought you were a scumbag with bad teeth.
Remember that your ko0ky klaims are 'facts', and that 'facts' do not
require proof.
Do not neglect to poast your responses to forums that the originator
doesn't read. This will make the people in that forum very impressed
with how you tear him to shreds without him being able to respond. They
like it even better if you are off-topic for that forum.
Keep in mind that lack of evidence supporting your konspiracy theory
actually _is_ evidence, of how effective the konspiracy is in hiding.
(06-Oct-05) When spanked, always retreat to the safety of the Ad
Hominem.
(04-Aug-2005) When spanked mercilessly for days on end, proving with
each poast just what an illiterate and ignorant fool you are, ALWAYS
claim ownership of [person(s),froup(s)]. This works on so many levels.
It inspires dread in your opponents that they will no longer be able to
poast in their home froup and that they will eventually have to pay
rent, to name just two.
Any problems with your poasts are the fault of the konspirators, who are
trying to stop you from preventing the extinction of humanity.
Konspiracies that are able to subvert whole governments are always unable
to silence konspiracy ko0ks.
The entire United States government is willing to spend millions of
dollars for the sole purpose of harassing you.
Hollywood is making movies based on your personal life.
Do not consult psychiatrists or other mental health professionals. They
are part of the konspiracy, and will sedate you and lock you away and
keep you drugged if you tell them the truth.
Numerology and Astrology are respectable sciences and are useful for
proving your case.
Everyone is Tim Hill, or David Green, or...
There is a fine line between trolling and kookery. Find that line and
cross it repeatedly. When you are killfiled and/or LARTed for net.abuse
as a result, claim victory. If you lose multiple accounts, this merely
proves that you are indeed a world-class troll, with a black-belt in
manipulation.
If you respond to every post someone else makes, they're obsessed. If
they respond to less than 1% of your posts, they're even more obsessed.
Publishing people's real names, addresses, and phone numbers when
there's no other way for you to come out of a flamewar with any dignity
is cool, and proves that you are a master of secret internet information
stores, and absolutely not to be fucked with.
Everyone is out to get you. You can put a stop to this by telling
everyone that they're out to get you at every available opportunity.
You are the only sane one.
Those that give you a hard time about morally bankrupt things you
yourself admit to are just persecutioners of the new inquisition.
Yelling in all caps and cursing at your detractors is debate. Your
detractors laughing at you with sarcastic remarks is obvious anger and
jealousy.
If doing something results in the loss of your account, legal hassles,
or blunt trauma injury, do it again. It always works better the second
time.
Asterisks, lots and lots of Asterisks.
Poking holes in kookscreed is stalking, and is a felony.
K00ks LOVE to "connect the dots". They are, of course, dots that only
the k00k can see.
"They laughed at Einstein, too!"

...with thanks to Aratzio, Dr. Flonkenstein, Dan Baldwin, Cujo, CJ
Osterwald, Jade, Bookman, and John Henry, of AUK. Meow. Original thread
at http://tinyurl.com/3fsho - some posts may not appear due to
x-no-archive headers. The spelling mistakes are intentional, dolt.

Robert Carnegie

Sep 15, 2008, 11:39:37 AM9/15/08
On Sep 13, 4:02 am, mzen...@eskimo.com (Mark Zenier) wrote:
> In article <48C8CBB6.318DA...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>,

> Tim Bruening  <tsbru...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>

> >Naked Gonad wrote:
>
> >> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
> >>   in space?
>
> >I don't know.  Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>
> I thought you guys in alt.usenet.k00ks were fans of Rebecca Ore.
>
> In her _Becoming Alien_, _Being Alien_, _Human to Human_ trilogy
> she had a race of Aliens, the Barcons, that passed as Africans when
> they were undercover on Earth.

Is there a Star Trek episode called "The Return of the Barcons"?

Larry Niven wrote one with /his/ alien characters...

J.J. O'Shea

Sep 15, 2008, 11:44:49 AM9/15/08
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:39:37 -0400, Robert Carnegie wrote
(in article
<85b89931-e155-4c1e...@34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>):

"Return of the Archons"

mimus

Sep 15, 2008, 12:24:19 PM9/15/08

Get it used via abebooks. It's excellent.

So are _Thud!_ and _Monstrous Regiment_, of the more recent ones.

--

Let there be another leaf.

< _Small Gods_

Mark Zenier

Sep 15, 2008, 12:33:27 PM9/15/08
In article <kKOdnfDIHbBPj1HV...@giganews.com>,

I recommend starting with _Gaia's Toys_ or _The Illegal Rebirth of
Billy the Kid_. I bogged down in _Slow Funeral_ but some Winter's
day I'll get back to it. She's got a strange way of putting you
in the head of working class woman. Enlightening in a strange
disconcerting anti-romantic way.

Robert Carnegie

Sep 15, 2008, 4:47:14 PM9/15/08
J. J. O'Shea wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:39:37 -0400, Robert Carnegie wrote
> (in article
> <85b89931-e155-4c1e...@34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>):
>
> > On Sep 13, 4:02�am, mzen...@eskimo.com (Mark Zenier) wrote:

> >> I thought you guys in alt.usenet.k00ks were fans of Rebecca Ore.
> >>
> >> In her _Becoming Alien_, _Being Alien_, _Human to Human_ trilogy
> >> she had a race of Aliens, the Barcons, that passed as Africans when
> >> they were undercover on Earth.
> >
> > Is there a Star Trek episode called "The Return of the Barcons"?
>
> "Return of the Archons"

/That's/ the one!

And come to think, it's pretty much entirely unlike the other thing.

Dorothy J Heydt

Sep 15, 2008, 5:37:25 PM9/15/08
In article <0f11f67b-005e-4d77...@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

Yeah, "Return of the Archons" was first season and AFAIR there
were no black people in it at all. (Filmed in 1965 and shown in
1966, don't forget. Roddenberry had to use all his moxie to cast
Nichols and Takei in it. And he couldn't get away with a female
Number Two.)

Wim Jay

Sep 15, 2008, 6:35:19 PM9/15/08

"Dorothy J Heydt" <djh...@kithrup.com> wrote in message

It's the return of the d.l Old Skool that is the great danger today. Though
their numbers have been thinned in battle and by ill health there are still
some cunning Kunts amongst them. I saw that James Follett recently posting to
another group in an effort to drum up support.

--
Wim

Dorothy J Heydt

Sep 15, 2008, 7:08:59 PM9/15/08
In article <4qednbcydoqwflPV...@giganews.com>,
>It's the return of the d.l Old Skool that is the great danger today. Though
>their numbers have been thinned in battle and by ill health there are still
>some cunning Kunts amongst them. I saw that James Follett recently posting to
>another group in an effort to drum up support.

I don't understand a word of that. Who are the d.l Old Skool,
who are the cunning Kunts (or possibly Knuts?), and who's James
Follett?

Steve Terry

Sep 15, 2008, 7:42:55 PM9/15/08

> In article <4qednbcydoqwflPV...@giganews.com>,
> Wim Jay <se...@seeyou.jimmy.com> wrote:
>>"Dorothy J Heydt" <djh...@kithrup.com> wrote in message
>>> In article
>>> <0f11f67b-005e-4d77...@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

<snip>

>>It's the return of the d.l Old Skool that is the great danger today.
>>Though their numbers have been thinned in battle and by ill health
>> there are still some cunning Kunts amongst them. I saw that James Follett
>> recently posting to another group in an effort to drum up support.
>
> I don't understand a word of that. Who are the d.l Old Skool,

Originators of demon local, like James Follett

The new skool would be those who poor out cascade drivel
in order to make demon local unusable, in which they have succeded.

> who are the cunning Kunts (or possibly Knuts?), and who's James
> Follett?
>
> Dorothy J. Heydt
> Vallejo, California

James often asks the same question
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Follett

Steve Terry

DJensen

Sep 16, 2008, 1:23:06 AM9/16/08
On Sep 11, 3:41 am, Tim Bruening <tsbru...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> Naked Gonad wrote:
> > Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
> > in space?
>
> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.

62 posts and no mention of Tuvok, the black Vulcan from Voyager?

Hoyle's eponymous black clouds are black, but not exactly biological.

Clarkes Overlords have black exoskeletons.

Polarians from Piers Anthony's Cluster are dark brown.

NGs trimmed, Tim.
--
DJensen

J.J. O'Shea

Sep 16, 2008, 1:42:23 AM9/16/08
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:23:06 -0400, DJensen wrote
(in article
<5fbc0472-eb3d-4010...@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>):

> On Sep 11, 3:41 am, Tim Bruening <tsbru...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>> Naked Gonad wrote:
>>> Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
>>> in space?
>>
>> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.
>
> 62 posts and no mention of Tuvok, the black Vulcan from Voyager?

Most people try to avoid remembering Star Dreck: Vjer.

Wim Jay

Sep 16, 2008, 3:57:31 AM9/16/08

"Dorothy J Heydt" <djh...@kithrup.com> wrote in message

Then why are you posting to demon.local?

> Who are the d.l Old Skool,

The ones who was kicked out of the new d.l.

> who are the cunning Kunts (or possibly Knuts?), and who's James
> Follett?

If I told you that I would have to kill you.

You know, it is a good idea to lurk a while before posting and you should also
read the FAQ'n charter which is posted on a regular basis.

--
Wim

Naked Gonad

Sep 16, 2008, 4:11:58 AM9/16/08

In your case, "babble"...HA!

Gonad

The Black Goat With A Thousand Young

Sep 16, 2008, 4:50:01 AM9/16/08
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:08:59 +0000, Dorothy J Heydt fixed me with a beady
eye, and foamed wildly:
> Wim Jay wrote:

>>> Yeah, "Return of the Archons" was first season and AFAIR there were no
>>> black people in it at all. (Filmed in 1965 and shown in 1966, don't
>>> forget. Roddenberry had to use all his moxie to cast Nichols and
>>> Takei in it. And he couldn't get away with a female Number Two.)
>>
>>It's the return of the d.l Old Skool that is the great danger today.
>>Though their numbers have been thinned in battle and by ill health there
>>are still some cunning Kunts amongst them. I saw that James Follett
>>recently posting to another group in an effort to drum up support.
>
> I don't understand a word of that. Who are the d.l Old Skool, who are
> the cunning Kunts (or possibly Knuts?), and who's James Follett?

The demon.local "Old Skool" (dating back to before Paul Rooney
introduced the revolutionary notion of .sigs that don't obey Teh
Unwritten Laws Of Usenet, and began forging the legend of the d.l
trolls, ca. 2001); I dunno (he definitely means "Kunts", though); and
the author (something of the resident net.kook of d.l -- bit of an Earl
Gordon Curley type, on usenet, however rational he may be IRL (google
"David J. Tholen" to find an example of a "celebrity" net.kook with
honours IRL and from AUK).

Hail Eris! Cthulhu fhtagn! mhm 29x21; Top Asshole #3; Lits Slut #16
Chas. E. Pemberton; Most Hated Usenetizen of All Time #13

Gutter Chix0r #17; BowTie's Spuriously Accused Pedo Photographer #4

COOSN-029-06-71069; Usenet Ruiner #5; Official Chung Demon

AUK Psycho & Felon #21; Parrot & Zombie #2
Anonymous Psycho Criminal #18

Hammer of Thor, July 2008
"Life size models of Cthulhu, on sale now!"

"You DON'T HAVE A CLUE what mythology is.

"Mythology IS the same thing as history and Gesta Danorum is purely
historical.

"Take your idiotic and ignorant conspiracy theories about the grand
falsification of European history and shove them up your arse where they
came from." -- Argyros Argyrou/Agamemnon, teh Rhodes Scholar, in
http://www.kookpedia.net/index.php/Agamemnon

"Folklore is a 19th century Romanticist movement based on
contemporary popular northern European music."

"The entire concept was concocted by the Brothers Grimm during the
Romanticist literary period and entered the discipline of music in the
following century with the Romanticist musical period after Beethoven."
-- Please send medical bills for any damage to your health caused by the
above two quotes to Agamemnon-Skopianosfaktis. Message-ID:
<UNGdnZVRnLb...@eclipse.net.uk>

"Kolofilia between a human and another human is as depraved as fucking
animals." -- Agamemnon, poutso kelftis, just plain doesn't like sex,
apparently. Message-ID:
<asqdneLCt_DZ6e_V...@eclipse.net.uk>

"Roe V Wade has zero bearing on my existence other than it affects it
adversely."
-- Johnny Wentzky never had much truck with "logic". Message-ID:
<V6xNe.27650$XM3....@bignews5.bellsouth.net>

"You are the GOD-DAMNED, IGNORANT LIAR here.
Now, that is not me taking the Lord's name in vain."
-- John Wentzky: Living proof of the Death of Irony, in Message-ID:
<jljOe.5348$ZD4....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>

"For the most part, morality is universal." -- John "Easily" Shocked

"The whining has just begun." -- John Wentzky, in Message-ID:
<Ie2Qe.8199$wb5....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>

"Gay men deserve to die." -- John Wentzky, in Message-ID:
<RSR3f.23691$5l.1...@bignews1.bellsouth.net>

"Laws count, the US Constitution count more, and we need to have judges
on the bench who are going to Carry Out those laws, not Make Law or
Interpret Law." -- John "Easily" Shocked contradicts his own words on
the overriding importance of society's reluctance to accept
homosexuality, in Message-ID: <brIDe.67062$Qo.12613@fed1read01>

"I heard that you are still trespassing in the USA. If it's black, it
refuses to work and it accuses whites of racism. What a joke.
Look at a map and see where Africa is, bitchboy. What is this GOD DAMNED
NIGGERISH ALLEGIANCE YOU HAVE TO TRYING TO GET WHITE PEOPLE TO HAND OFF
OTHER WHITE PEOPLE TO SOMEONE YOU THINK IS NOT AGAINST YOUR CRIMINAL
ALLEGIANCE??????
Too afraid to tell the truth?
WIMPS!
COWARDS!
LIARS!
MILITANT ASSPRICKS!
LOSERS!
FAILED BULLSHITBOYS WHOSE CANDY HAS NO RED ON IT! YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!
I LICKED THE RED OFF YOUR CANDY BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUR ILK HAVEN'T GOT ANY
FURY!
THAT'S WHY YOU CAN'T BEAT ME VIA ANY LAWFUL MEANS WHATSOEVER! YOU'RE A
NAMBY PAMBY ANTI-USA ASSPRICK!" -- Huge pools of MOLTEN WENTZKY are
being found all over the Carolinas, after his reply to Panama Floyd, in

http://www.screedbomb.info/coosn/
Q: Who is eligible for a COOSN?

A: Kookologists with 10 or more verifiable UV points may exchange these
points for a Cabal Obsidian Order Sombrero Number.

Q: Who is *not* eligible for a COOSN?

A: Certified net.kooks; notorious net.cretins; terminally clueless
fuckwits; previous winners of kook-awards, unless an official pardon has
been granted by the FNVW.

Q: How do I apply for a COOSN?

A: Make a Usenet post to alt.usenet.kooks (crossposting to your favourite
newsgroups is acceptable); to ensure that the FNVW actually sees your
request, try to use either of the following formats for the subject line:

[COOSN Application] Your name (or best known handle) here
[COOSN Request] Your name (or best known handle) here

Please provide a list of 10 UV points - along with verifiable evidence for
each point wherever possible.

Q: Can one Kookologist nominate *another* Kookologist for a COOSN?

A: Yes, but the proposer should supply a verifiable list of 10 UV points
for the nominee at the time of the nomination. Also, the nominee must
accept the nomination before a COOSN is issued.

Q: What happens if my Sombrero Number application is refused by the FNVW?

A: The Office of Darth Bawl is always looking for new candidates. Nuff
said.

Q: What are "UV points"?
1. Threats of violence, especially death. (one point per kook)
2. Lists, i.e. *real* lists, not just mentions of two or three names in
the same post. One list per kook, unless the lists are clearly meant to
serve different purposes.
3. Fanboi sites (one point per kook, not one point per site. Minimum
qualification is a whole page about you; pages containing lists don't
score extra if the list also appears on Usenet).
4. Fanboi newsgroups (one point per kook, not one point per group)
5. Attempts at real-life contact (e.g. posting phone numbers)
6. Fake awards, revenge nominations etc. (one point per kook)
7. Mentions in a newsgroup FAQ (e.g. soc.men).
8. Being the target of a Kooksuit (one point per kook).

Gerald C. Newton is a wife-beating fuckhead.
http://www.kookpedia.net/index.php/G-Dolf

Naked Gonad

Sep 16, 2008, 4:53:37 AM9/16/08

Fair enough! but what's that got to do with "Black Aliens"?

Gonad

Robert Carnegie

Sep 16, 2008, 7:51:16 AM9/16/08
On Sep 16, 8:57 am, "Wim Jay" <se...@seeyou.jimmy.com> wrote:
> "Dorothy J Heydt" <djhe...@kithrup.com> wrote in messagenews:K79Ey...@kithrup.com...
>
> > In article <4qednbcydoqwflPVnZ2dnUVZ8q_in...@giganews.com>,

> > Wim Jay <se...@seeyou.jimmy.com> wrote:
>
> >>It's the return of the d.l Old Skool that is the great danger today. Though
> >>their numbers have been thinned in battle and by ill health there are still
> >>some cunning Kunts amongst them. I saw that James Follett recently posting
> >>another group in an effort to drum up support.
>
> > I don't understand a word of that.
>
> Then why are you posting to demon.local?

Many of us are puzzled to find ourselves doing so. I thought this
"was" rec.arts.sf.written.

Incidentally, I was absolutely kidding about "Return of the
Barcons".

> > Who are the d.l Old Skool,
>
> The ones who was kicked out of the new d.l.
>
> > who are the cunning Kunts (or possibly Knuts?), and who's James
> > Follett?
>
> If I told you that I would have to kill you.

British writer of science fiction and other stuff, novels and radio
drama.
http://www.jamesfollett.dswilliams.co.uk/
About your age, Mrs Heydt, but I believe he's spoken for, and you too,
you saucy minx.

_Earthsearch_ has come up - generation/sleep ship crew are murdered by
the computers which intend to use the four surviving children to
conquer Earth (they're megalomaniacally insane), but the computers
also are damaged, have not accounted for relativity, it's like a
million years later, the Sun is unstable and Earth has been moved.
Spoiler ROT13: gur sbhe perj eribyg naq frggyr n cynarg pnyyrq
Cnenqvfr vafgrnq, juvpu vf fgebatyl uvagrq gb or -bhe- cynarg Rnegu
naq guvf vf npghnyyl va gur cnfg, yvxr Fgne Jnef. Nppraghngrq ol n
Abnu'f Nex rcvfbqr rneyl va gur frdhry.

> You know, it is a good idea to lurk a while before posting and you should also
> read the FAQ'n charter which is posted on a regular basis.

Would you recommend running away as another option?

Wim Jay

Sep 16, 2008, 8:15:19 AM9/16/08

"Robert Carnegie" <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote in message

Running is not allowed in demon.local. It's the rule.

--
Wim

Paul Howard

Sep 16, 2008, 10:10:15 AM9/16/08

"Wim Jay" <se...@seeyou.jimmy.com> wrote in message

Wim, Dorothy (and myself) are posting in rec.arts.sf.written which is one of
the newsgroups this thread is in.

rick++

Sep 16, 2008, 10:12:17 AM9/16/08
Klingons.

Wim Jay

Sep 16, 2008, 10:15:55 AM9/16/08

"Paul Howard" <ppauls...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Why are you crossposting this to d.l? Also your sig breaks the d.l sig rule.
Fix it.

We are a robust group and some of the consequences of breaking our only rule
might be somewhat unpleasant to those who usually post to wibble groups.

You have been warned.

--
Wim

Wim Jay

Sep 16, 2008, 10:16:16 AM9/16/08

"rick++" <ric...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Klingons.

FILTH!

--
Wim

Naked Gonad

Sep 16, 2008, 10:22:21 AM9/16/08
Are you?

Gonad

Robert Carnegie

Sep 16, 2008, 10:28:16 AM9/16/08
On Sep 16, 12:51 pm, Robert Carnegie <rja.carne...@excite.com> wrote:
> _Earthsearch_ has come up - generation/sleep ship crew are murdered by
> the computers which intend to use the four surviving children to
> conquer Earth (they're megalomaniacally insane),

For clarification, it is the computers that are megalomaniacally
insane.

The children are hormonally managed by the computers and their robots
to be physiologically adult initially without the complication of
sexual development, "with hilarious consequences". They don't
understand why people they meet have strangely different bodies and
laugh at theirs. This probably would have been more difficult on
television - likewise Zaphod Beeblebrox of course - "when I first met
him, he only had two arms and one head, but it's him".

Paul Howard

Sep 16, 2008, 10:32:55 AM9/16/08
"Wim Jay" <se...@seeyou.jimmy.com> wrote in message

Some idiot from your forum post here and keep your idiot forum in the
"newsgroup" listing.

Quite frankly, I don't care about DL idiot standards.

Wim Jay

Sep 16, 2008, 10:32:56 AM9/16/08

"Robert Carnegie" <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote in message

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This sounds dreadful. Shouldn't someone be looking after the children?

--
Wim

Wim Jay

Sep 16, 2008, 10:36:52 AM9/16/08

"Paul Howard" <ppauls...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Oho!

--
Wim

William December Starr

Sep 16, 2008, 2:59:45 PM9/16/08
In article <3tGdnY-ssqc_-lLV...@giganews.com>,
"Wim Jay" <se...@seeyou.jimmy.com> said:

> "Dorothy J Heydt" <djh...@kithrup.com> wrote in message
>

>> Who are the d.l Old Skool,
>
> The ones who was kicked out of the new d.l.

You mean "d.l Old Skool" *isn't* a rap artist?

(Then what the hell did I just downlod from iTunes?)

-- wds

mimus

Sep 16, 2008, 3:58:53 PM9/16/08
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:50:38 -0400, mimus wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:33:23 -0700, Tim Bruening wrote:
>
>> mimus wrote:

>>> _Childhood's End_.
>>
>> The aliens in that one looked like demons!
>
> <coldly>
>
> Are you prejudiced against people with horns and wings?
>
> (_The Mightiest Machine_, too, IIRC-- and Campbell definitely was.)

Come to think of it, and I don't know if they'd qualify as "aliens"
exactly or not, but there's Lovecraft's "night-gaunts", which were black,
rubbery, faceless, voiceless and with "shapes in the worst possible
taste, with horns and wings and claws and curling tails".

--

Run away! run away!

< _Monty Python and the Holy Grail_

Wim Jay

Sep 16, 2008, 5:18:16 PM9/16/08

"William December Starr" <wds...@panix.com> wrote in message

It would not surprise me to find that is the latest moneymaking wheeze dreamed
up by the founder of new d.l, Paul Rooney. Did you enjoy the download? At
least you weren't ripped off like the posters who sponsored his marathon run.

--
Wim

Stewart Robert Hinsley

Sep 16, 2008, 5:24:12 PM9/16/08
In message <f7qdndZoYJ1Skk3V...@giganews.com>, mimus
<tinmi...@hotmail.com> writes
Martin's Black Banshees might qualify. They're not explicitly sapient,
but I did wonder.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

norrin

Sep 17, 2008, 12:33:29 AM9/17/08
On Sep 15, 2:37 pm, djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt) wrote:

> Yeah, "Return of the Archons" was first season and AFAIR there
> were no black people in it at all. (Filmed in 1965 and shown in
> 1966, don't forget. Roddenberry had to use all his moxie to cast
> Nichols and Takei in it. And he couldn't get away with a female
> Number Two.)

She was the first officer of the Enterprise, so they called her
Number One.

Tim Bruening

Sep 17, 2008, 3:27:42 AM9/17/08

Wim Jay wrote:

> "Robert Carnegie" <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 16, 12:51 pm, Robert Carnegie <rja.carne...@excite.com> wrote:
> > _Earthsearch_ has come up - generation/sleep ship crew are murdered by
> > the computers which intend to use the four surviving children to
> > conquer Earth (they're megalomaniacally insane),
>
> For clarification, it is the computers that are megalomaniacally
> insane.
>
> The children are hormonally managed by the computers and their robots
> to be physiologically adult initially without the complication of
> sexual development, "with hilarious consequences". They don't
> understand why people they meet have strangely different bodies and
> laugh at theirs. This probably would have been more difficult on
> television - likewise Zaphod Beeblebrox of course - "when I first met
> him, he only had two arms and one head, but it's him".

How can 4 children conquer a planet that has a population of over 6.5
billion, and is loaded with all sorts of high tech weapons?

Robert Carnegie

Sep 17, 2008, 7:13:21 AM9/17/08
On Sep 17, 8:27 am, Tim Bruening <tsbru...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> Wim Jay wrote:
> > "Robert Carnegie" <rja.carne...@excite.com> wrote in message

I did mention the computers are insane, it may not be a good idea?
They're also the smartest sneakiest beings that they know (although in
arranging a fatal accident for the original crew - an asteroid hits
the meeting hall - they also give themselves brain damage), and
they're driving (with human pilots) the biggest spaceship - or high-
tech weapon - that Earth ever produced.

I don't know why the ANGELs think they should rule the world, except
that they /are/ insane and also it's the premise of the story. But
officially their job title is environmental control. Some friendly
robots in the story, a very passive-aggressive WALL-E and a talking
tractor from the shipboard farm, are resentful of human interference
in their domains, although they take human orders. So perhaps the
ANGELs are programmed to keep the ship environment stable and they
want to extend that stability to the whole universe by means of
totalitarian control?

Another robot goes nuts in the story, and /his/ ambition is to start
by conquering the nearest sun, which he is to achieve by flying the
spaceship straight at the sun and then conquering it, so you see they
aren't great thinkers when it comes to the details.

J.J. O'Shea

Sep 17, 2008, 7:20:11 AM9/17/08
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 03:27:42 -0400, Tim Bruening wrote
(in article <48D0B16E...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>):

I haven't read the book, but if the four children in question are in
possession of an interstellar-capable spacecraft (implied but not stated)
simply put they own the damn planet. Even if the spacecraft doesn't have a
fairly significant reaction drive, rocks are cheap and plentiful, gravity is
free.

Naked Gonad

Sep 17, 2008, 7:34:17 AM9/17/08
On 17 Sep, 12:20, J.J. O'Shea <try.not...@but.see.sig> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 03:27:42 -0400, Tim Bruening wrote
> (in article <48D0B16E.ECA66...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>):
>

> > Wim Jay wrote:
>
> >> "Robert Carnegie" <rja.carne...@excite.com> wrote in message

What's got to do with "black Aliens"?

Gonad

JohnFair

Sep 17, 2008, 8:06:44 AM9/17/08
On Sep 11, 4:24 pm, PhilHibbs <sna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the author trying to achieve? Either the alien needs to look
> different and strange, in which case s/he picks a skin colour that you
> don't get on Earth, such as green or blue. Or, s/he wants an alien
> that looks more like us, e.g. Spock, and so given that SF has
> traditionally been aimed at a western audience, it gets a western skin
> tone. Simple, really. More recently, ethnic diversity has come in, so
> where you have a number of alien characters then one or two of them
> might get a dark skin tone. If there's just one, though, it either
> gets a skin tone that matches the majority of the target demographic,
> or it gets something weird like blue. If there's one alien, and you
> make it dark skinned, then the audience will still assume that you are
> making a statement due to the residual prejudice that pervades our
> society.
>
> Easy one.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

If we are limiting ourselves to the written media, the Atevi from CJ
Cherryh's Foreigner Universe are genuinely black.

--
John Fairhurst
www.johnsbooks.co.uk

J.J. O'Shea

Sep 17, 2008, 8:31:01 AM9/17/08
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:34:17 -0400, Naked Gonad wrote
(in article
<a7cbd23d-34fd-4c8e...@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com>):

We haven't been talking about them for a long time. Thread shift happens.

Wim Jay

Sep 17, 2008, 8:46:55 AM9/17/08

"Robert Carnegie" <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote in message

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

But who will look after the children?

--
Wim

Wim Jay

Sep 17, 2008, 8:48:57 AM9/17/08

"J.J. O'Shea" <try.n...@but.see.sig> wrote in message

Those children are too young to be in possession of an interstellar-capable
spacecraft unless it is fitted with wheel stabilizers.

--
Wim

Wim Jay

Sep 17, 2008, 8:50:30 AM9/17/08

"Naked Gonad" <bodr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Gonad

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Racist!

--
Wim

Wim Jay

Sep 17, 2008, 8:52:17 AM9/17/08

"JohnFair" <jo...@johnsbooks.co.uk> wrote in message

--
John Fairhurst
www.johnsbooks.co.uk

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

How de doo der, hunny?

--
Amos 'n' Andy

Wim Jay

Sep 17, 2008, 8:51:28 AM9/17/08

"J.J. O'Shea" <try.n...@but.see.sig> wrote in message

Ignore Baldy Balls. He should not be out without his carer, Mr. Pounder.

--
Wim

Naked Gonad

Sep 17, 2008, 10:40:43 AM9/17/08

> --
> John Fairhurst
> www.johnsbooks.co.uk

> Best answer yet, well done Sir.

Gonad

hones...@centurytel.net

Sep 18, 2008, 4:36:13 PM9/18/08

"Paul Howard" <ppauls...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I sure liked you grampa Moe in those "Stooges" episodes.

HJ

The Black Goat With A Thousand Young

Sep 18, 2008, 11:30:23 AM9/18/08
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:32:55 -0500, Paul Howard fixed me with a beady eye,
and foamed wildly:
> "Wim Jay" wrote...
>> "Paul Howard" wrote...
>>> "Wim Jay" wrote...

>>> Wim, Dorothy (and myself) are posting in rec.arts.sf.written which is
>>> one of the newsgroups this thread is in.
>>
>> Why are you crossposting this to d.l? Also your sig breaks the d.l sig
>> rule. Fix it.
>>
>> We are a robust group and some of the consequences of breaking our only
>> rule might be somewhat unpleasant to those who usually post to wibble
>> groups.
>>
>> You have been warned.
>
> Some idiot from your forum post here and keep your idiot forum in the
> "newsgroup" listing.

Tim "Man Of A Million Puns, Which He Will Show You" Bruening & Naked
Gonad.

> Quite frankly, I don't care about DL idiot standards.

Don't worry, they have lots of "one rules" which are "harshly enforced"
(meaning, they warn you). In the pre-Rooney days, I gather things were
stricter.

Hail Eris! Cthulhu fhtagn! mhm 29x21; Top Asshole #3; Lits Slut #16
Chas. E. Pemberton; Most Hated Usenetizen of All Time #13
Gutter Chix0r #17; BowTie's Spuriously Accused Pedo Photographer #4
COOSN-029-06-71069; Usenet Ruiner #5; Official Chung Demon
AUK Psycho & Felon #21; Parrot & Zombie #2
Anonymous Psycho Criminal #18
Hammer of Thor, July 2008
"Life size models of Cthulhu, on sale now!"

"Who in their right mind would believe the totally unsubstantiated and
unsupported proposition that all ancient and mediaeval European
historians made everything all up in collusion with each other as part
of a grand pan-European conspiracy spanning nearly 3,000 years to fake
its history when it had none before." -- Naturally, there is no possible
way they could simply have misinterpreted events and old folk tales, and
passed on their misinterpretations, because ancient and mediaeval
historians had insight into advanced physics, chemistry, and many
related disciplines. Right, Aggie? Message-ID:
<AfmdnY9d_rF...@eclipse.net.uk>

"I got my degree from on of the top 3 universities in the UK and top 10
in the world.

"You don't have a clue about science. Biology is not a true science.
Personal opinions are not science." -- Aggie teh cyuntist, in Message
-ID: <SYydncOQTP9sjUzV...@eclipse.net.uk>

"IMBECILE! There is NO in-between. Read the original French. Nostradamus
was an early French psychiatrist. What you think are prophecies are his
case notes." -- Why didn't I see it before, Aggie? Of course! And
Paracelsus was an early physicist, too, right? Message-ID:
<j56dnXNOgNeeO1zV...@eclipse.net.uk>

"Archaeology is NOT history you FOOL!" -- Aggie Teh Scholar. Message-ID:
<v8CdnSOj3ufRP1DV...@eclipse.net.uk>

[...]

A: Kookologists with 10 or more verifiable UV points may exchange these
points for a Cabal Obsidian Order Sombrero Number.

Q: Who is *not* eligible for a COOSN?

A: Certified net.kooks; notorious net.cretins; terminally clueless
fuckwits; previous winners of kook-awards, unless an official pardon has
been granted by the FNVW.

Q: How do I apply for a COOSN?

A: Make a Usenet post to alt.usenet.kooks (crossposting to your favourite
newsgroups is acceptable); to ensure that the FNVW actually sees your
request, try to use either of the following formats for the subject line:

[COOSN Application] Your name (or best known handle) here
[COOSN Request] Your name (or best known handle) here

Please provide a list of 10 UV points - along with verifiable evidence for
each point wherever possible.

Q: Can one Kookologist nominate *another* Kookologist for a COOSN?

A: Yes, but the proposer should supply a verifiable list of 10 UV points
for the nominee at the time of the nomination. Also, the nominee must
accept the nomination before a COOSN is issued.

Q: What happens if my Sombrero Number application is refused by the FNVW?

A: The Office of Darth Bawl is always looking for new candidates. Nuff
[...]

hist...@yahoo.com

Sep 21, 2016, 8:11:59 PM9/21/16
On Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 3:41:42 AM UTC-4, Tim Bruening wrote:
> Naked Gonad wrote:
>
> > Every report claims they are either green or white,is there a colour bar
> > in space?
>
> I don't know. Lets ask rec.arts.sf.written.

Its why the authorities do not want to disclose. If you knew it would destroy everything you have been lead to believe. Point in thought. Why do you believe Jesus is a white man when you know he was not.

J. Clarke

Sep 21, 2016, 8:22:51 PM9/21/16
In article <98dd9669-c5e2-4832...@googlegroups.com>,
hist...@yahoo.com says...
Knew him perosnally did you? Or are you one of those white supremacists
idiots who thinks that everybody with a good tan is "non-white"?

It is loading more messages.