_Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista_ by Matthew Bracken

Lynn McGuire

May 5, 2015, 3:05:07 PM5/5/15
_Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista_ by Matthew Bracken:
http://www.amazon.com/Domestic-Enemies-Reconquista-Matthew-Bracken/dp/0972831029/

Book number two of a three book series. I thought that this was a POD (print on demand) series but it is not, the book that I
purchased is in its sixth printing. The book is a 544 page trade paperback so it is heavy enough to be used as a weapon in the
future if needful.

This is a series about a possible dystopian future of the USA due to financial failure of the dollar. The attempt to reboot the
dollar has failed and the USA is splintering into various regions. The book is specifically about the California to Texas region
which is transitioning into the country of Aztlan.

The author is fairly heavy handed on shoving things in the readers face but, this is the book for that approach. The reader of this
book should not be surprised to see anything presented here.

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (417 reviews)

Lynn

William December Starr

May 5, 2015, 5:21:33 PM5/5/15
In article <mib471$lbd$1...@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> said:

> This is a series about a possible dystopian future of the USA due
> to financial failure of the dollar. The attempt to reboot the
> dollar has failed and the USA is splintering into various regions.
> The book is specifically about the California to Texas region
> which is transitioning into the country of Aztlan.

Based just on that name, I'd say it's time to leave.

-- wds

Lawrence Watt-Evans

May 6, 2015, 2:33:22 AM5/6/15
On Tue, 05 May 2015 14:05:02 -0500, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
wrote:

>This is a series about a possible dystopian future of the USA due to financial failure of the dollar. The attempt to reboot the
>dollar has failed and the USA is splintering into various regions. The book is specifically about the California to Texas region
>which is transitioning into the country of Aztlan.

I find the idea that Texas and California would be connected in a new
nation to be pretty absurd.

---

Lynn McGuire

May 6, 2015, 1:42:31 PM5/6/15
On 5/6/2015 1:33 AM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> On Tue, 05 May 2015 14:05:02 -0500, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is a series about a possible dystopian future of the USA due to financial failure of the dollar. The attempt to reboot the
>> dollar has failed and the USA is splintering into various regions. The book is specifically about the California to Texas region
>> which is transitioning into the country of Aztlan.
>
> I find the idea that Texas and California would be connected in a new
> nation to be pretty absurd.

Actually, I was imprecise in my notes.

Texas is split in two, halfway between I-35 and I-45. South and west Texas go to the new country of Aztlan. Central and east Texas
form the new country of Texas.

Pick your sides accordingly.

Lynn

Lawrence Watt-Evans

May 6, 2015, 2:08:48 PM5/6/15
On Wed, 06 May 2015 12:42:26 -0500, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
wrote:

>On 5/6/2015 1:33 AM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 May 2015 14:05:02 -0500, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This is a series about a possible dystopian future of the USA due to financial failure of the dollar. The attempt to reboot the
>>> dollar has failed and the USA is splintering into various regions. The book is specifically about the California to Texas region
>>> which is transitioning into the country of Aztlan.
>>
>> I find the idea that Texas and California would be connected in a new
>> nation to be pretty absurd.
>
>Actually, I was imprecise in my notes.
>
>Texas is split in two, halfway between I-35 and I-45. South and west Texas go to the new country of Aztlan. Central and east Texas
>form the new country of Texas.

THAT makes far more sense.

Scott Lurndal

May 6, 2015, 2:43:52 PM5/6/15
Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> writes:
>On Wed, 06 May 2015 12:42:26 -0500, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 5/6/2015 1:33 AM, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:

>>> I find the idea that Texas and California would be connected in a new
>>> nation to be pretty absurd.
>>
>>Actually, I was imprecise in my notes.
>>
>>Texas is split in two, halfway between I-35 and I-45. South and west Texas go to the new country of Aztlan. Central and east Texas
>>form the new country of Texas.
>
>THAT makes far more sense.

FSVO sense.

Lynn McGuire

May 6, 2015, 3:11:08 PM5/6/15
And today, FSVO means?

Lynn

Lawrence Watt-Evans

May 6, 2015, 4:17:52 PM5/6/15
On Wed, 06 May 2015 14:11:04 -0500, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
wrote:

>On 5/6/2015 1:43 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Lawrence Watt-Evans <l...@sff.net> writes:

>>> THAT makes far more sense.
>>>

>> FSVO sense.
>
>And today, FSVO means?

"For some values of..."

Robert Carnegie

May 20, 2015, 9:52:13 PM5/20/15
On Wednesday, 6 May 2015 21:17:52 UTC+1, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:
> On Wed, 06 May 2015 14:11:04 -0500, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com>
> wrote:

> >> FSVO sense.
> >
> >And today, FSVO means?
>
> "For some values of..."

Yes; in this context, I perceive the meaning to be,
"Yes, that is /relatively/ less ludicrous than what
was said before, but it is still ludicrous, isn't it!"

Acronyms are so compact and expressive, no wonder that
they are taking over our online written language [*];
how many of us type?