Don Callander's posthumously published books

Ahasuerus

Jun 15, 2015, 6:25:31 PM6/15/15
FYI, Mundania Press has published 6 new books by Don Callander, who was
active in the 1990s and died in 2008 --
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?1658 . Three of them are sequels
to previously published fantasy books/series, one is a near-future AI
thriller, one is a space opera and one is a historical novel set in
the last days of the (US) Civil War.

Bill Gill

Jun 16, 2015, 8:50:41 AM6/16/15
Thanks, I'll check on that. I rather enjoyed his books.

Bill

Ahasuerus

Jun 16, 2015, 10:06:22 PM6/16/15
You are welcome! There are so many sequels to old series coming out
these days -- to use a random example, Elizabeth Ann Scarborough's
_The Dragon, the Witch, and the Railroad_
(http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?1870991) -- that I am beginning
to think that it might be beneficial to set up a Web page just for
them.

Brian M. Scott

Jun 16, 2015, 11:38:34 PM6/16/15
On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 19:06:20 -0700 (PDT), Ahasuerus
<ahas...@email.com> wrote
in<news:166c7381-70ff-4f3d...@googlegroups.com>
in rec.arts.sf.written:
In a slightly different vein, I recently stumbled across my
copy of Roger Taylor’s _Ibryen_, which I must have bought
on one of my last trips to England, since it was never, so
far as I know, published in the U.S. I see that Mushroom
Books have brought out all twelve of his Hawklan books as
ebooks and POD, with the original (and uncommonly good)
covers by Mark Harrison, so I’ll finally be able to read
the whole lot.

By the way, he has 2011 fantasy, _The Keep_, that’s not yet
in the ISFDB:

<http://www.mushroom-ebooks.com/authors/taylor_roger/keep.html>

Brian
--
It was the neap tide, when the baga venture out of their
holes to root for sandtatties. The waves whispered

Ahasuerus

Jun 17, 2015, 1:27:11 AM6/17/15
Added, thanks! BTW, I ran into another returnee earlier today. Robert B.
Marcus, Jr., whose previous SF novel was published by Laser Books (!)
in 1977, has a new one out, _ House of the Last Man On Earth_ --
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?1871025 -- co-written with
Ryan B. Marcus, presumably a relative.

Bill Gill

Jun 28, 2015, 9:34:00 AM6/28/15
On 6/15/2015 5:25 PM, Ahasuerus wrote:
I just finished "Dragon Winter" and "Warlock's Bar and Grill".
They are both readable additions to my collection of Callendar's
works.

"Dragon Winter of course is a continuation of his Dragon series.

Warlock is a different story. When the warlock loses his wife and
his abilities he gets kicked off of Mars. He finally settles down
and opens a bar and grill. High Jinks ensue.

Bill Gill