Books Read April 2015

William George Ferguson

May 3, 2015, 6:48:54 AM5/3/15
The books, just the books, listed first, with slightly more detailed
omments after a small spoiler space. I've also included a personal rating,
on a 0-10 scale, 10 being best. Currently, all my reading is in ebook
format. If a title has '-e' after it, it is only available as an ebook.

Wickedly Wonderful Deborah Blake Baba Yaga-3 7
The Dead World -e F. Paul Wilson Pellucidar novellette 6
Dark Heir Faith Hunter Jane Yellowrock-9 10
Hope Niall Teasdale Aneka Jensen-7 8
Princess in Disguise E.D, Baker Wide-Awake Princess-4 8
Dark Alchemy Laura Bickle urban fantasy 7
Time to Steele Alex P. Berg Daggers & Steele-3 8
Lie Down With Dogs -e Hailey Edwards Black Dog-3 9

Wickedly Wonderful Deborah Blake Baba Yaga-3 7
Baba Yaga is a job title not a name, there are three Baba Yagas in North
America, and these books are about them individually

The Dead World -e F. Paul Wilson Pellucidar novellette 6
According to the blurb, this was published with ERB Inc.s approval. It
attempts to give a handwavey science explanation for the laws of physics
defying existence of Inner Earth (alien superscience manipulation of
gravity plays a big role.)

Dark Heir Faith Hunter Jane Yellowrock-9 10
Jane's best friend is back in action with Jane, and that counts for a lot.
Jane's god-daughter isn't around, but you can't have everything.

Hope Niall Teasdale Aneka Jensen-7 8
Ella has an affair. Readers of previous books shouldn't be shocked that
the only things that bother Aneka about is that Ella tries to keep it
secret. As the main story, Aneka finds a new galactic enemy to fight.

Princess in Disguise E.D, Baker Wide-Awake Princess-4 8
The 4th book in the Wide-Awake Princess trilogy, in which Anne revisits all
of her previous adventures. The initial bad guy more or less gets away,
although all the fairy godmothers are looking for his blood, and the
secondary bad guy gets his comeuppance.

Dark Alchemy Laura Bickle urban fantasy 7
A modern day urban fantasy western, The heroine is a geologist, who has
spent the past six months on an oil rig in the Pacific. She's now in
Wyoming, on the borders of Yellowstone Park, searching for clues about her
father, who went missing 10 years earlier.

Time to Steele Alex P. Berg Daggers & Steele-3 8
Daggers and Steele investigate a multiple murder, which has a person of
interest who wears a silly robe and claims to be a time traveller. It has
an 'The answer that satisfied/The answer that was true' kind of endings,
which did not completely satisfy me, but it was a 'pick it up, read it all
the way through, set it down' book, which I consider a plus.

Lie Down With Dogs -e Hailey Edwards Black Dog-3 9
Marshal Thierry is back in the mortal realm, and back in trouble.
Conspiracyies abound, and seemingly unconnected actions come back to save
her. At least three major reveals occur at the end of the book, setting up
the next, and final, book of the set.

--
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

William December Starr

May 3, 2015, 10:06:49 PM5/3/15
In article <15vbka1ih5bmh55n1...@4ax.com>,
William George Ferguson <wmgf...@newsguy.com> said:

> The Dead World -e F. Paul Wilson Pellucidar novellette 6
>
> According to the blurb, this was published with ERB Inc.s
> approval. It attempts to give a handwavey science explanation
> for the laws of physics defying existence of Inner Earth (alien
> superscience manipulation of gravity plays a big role.)

In other words, "An Alien Space Bat did it."

-- wds

William George Ferguson

May 4, 2015, 8:13:33 PM5/4/15
On 3 May 2015 22:06:41 -0400, wds...@panix.com (William December Starr)
wrote:
I think it safe to assume a domestic space bat was not responsible.