The Cosmopilite Fragments

mimus99

Jan 20, 2017, 10:47:28 AM1/20/17
Fragments of _ The Way of Mrs. Cosmopilite _, extracted from Pratchett's _
Thief of Time _ :

Rooms For Rent, Very Reasonable.

Oo, you are so sharp you'll cut yourself one of these days.

I'd forget my own head if it wasn't nailed on.

Everything is a test.

There's a lot goes on we don't know about, in my opinion.

There is a Time and a Place for Everything.

I have only one pair of hands.

It never rains but it pours.

I can't be having with that kind of a thing.

Hard work never did anybody any harm.

It does you good to get out in the fresh air.

Because.

It won't get better if you pick at it.

Eat it up, it'll make your hair curly.

Everything comes to he who waits.

I haven't got all day, you know.

I was not born yesterday.

There is no time like the present.

You can't tell a book by its cover.

You've got to learn to walk before you can run.

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

You could've knocked me down with a feather.

I'm not as green as I'm cabbage-looking.

Them as asks, don't get.

Wrap up warm or you'll catch your death.

Big events always cast their shadows.

Every second counts.

We live and learn.

A washed pot never boils.

If you want a thing done properly you've got to do it yourself.

Seeing is believing.

Do unto otters as you would have them do unto you.

It's amazing what you see if you keep your eyes open.

When you've got to go, you've got to go.

You should always wear clean underwear because you never know if you will
be knocked down by a cart.

If you have another one, you won't have an appetite for your dinner.

You never know what's going to turn up.

It's never too late.

Possibly apocryphal:

Some of us have to tidy up in here.

If you want to see if someone can swim, push him in the river.

One hand _here_ and the other hand _here_, understand/ People never get it
right. Use good, even strokes and let the broom do most of the work. Never
try to sweep up a big pile, you'll end up sweeping every bit of dust twice.
Use your dust-pan wisely, and remember: a small brush for the corners.

What happened to Mr. Manners?

Nothing seems to be on fire.

Time plays funny tricks on us all.

That sort of thing doesn't happen.

People can be funny about that sort of thing.

It had to happen sometime.

Sometimes you have to move the seesaw by pushing the other end.

A washed pot never boils.

Everything happens somewhere, I suppose.

Do unto otters as you would have them do unto you.

You've got to move with the times.

It's like putting a sheet over an elephant. You might not be able to _see_
it, but you're sure the elephant's still there.

You're what people think you are.

That could have been worse.

How quickly they learn.

There's always got to be someone to tip the wee out of the shoe.

--
Inconsistencies in _ToT_ not layable to Mrs. Cosmopilite
include the effect of the yeti-loops on the Mandala

Kevrob

Jan 20, 2017, 11:50:46 AM1/20/17
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 10:47:28 AM UTC-5, mimus99 wrote:
> Fragments of _ The Way of Mrs. Cosmopilite _, extracted from Pratchett's _
> Thief of Time _ :
>

> Hard work never did anybody any harm.

They have no farming nor industrial accidents on the Discworld?

Kevin R

Alie...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 2:37:39 PM1/20/17
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 7:47:28 AM UTC-8, mimus99 wrote:
> Fragments of _ The Way of Mrs. Cosmopilite _, extracted from Pratchett's _
> Thief of Time _ :

(snip)

> There's always got to be someone to tip the wee out of the shoe.

I suspect she'd have got on well with Lazarus Long.

Mark L. Fergerson

David Mitchell

Jan 21, 2017, 12:10:24 AM1/21/17
On 20/01/17 15:47, mimus99 wrote:
> Fragments of _ The Way of Mrs. Cosmopilite _, extracted from Pratchett's _
> Thief of Time _ :

<snip>

Oh, so she's from Northern England then?