ID this guide to the Narnia Chronicles?

leno...@yahoo.com

Oct 12, 2017, 9:01:38 PM10/12/17
Or maybe it was about C.S. Lewis in general - can't remember.

All I DO remember is that when the author quotes the following from "Prince Caspian" -

Peter: "And why should Asian be invisible to us? He never used to be. It's not like him."

- the author says that Peter has it backward; aside from Lucy, it's the PEVENSIES who have changed in a disturbing way - if only temporarily, in that book.

I tried searching in Google Books under "Narnia" and "It's not like him." I only found "Finding God in the Land of Narnia" (2005) and "Revisiting Narnia: Fantasy, Myth And Religion in C. S. Lewis' Chronicles" (2009). From what little I was allowed to read, I'd say neither one is the correct book.

Got any ideas?

Btw, it's fun, as a kid, to figure out just when Trumpkin manages to see Aslan. (As an adult, it's obvious.)

Lenona.

ba...@dontspam.silent.com

Oct 13, 2017, 3:55:30 PM10/13/17
What you are describing really does sound like Revisiting Narnia.

From that book:

"When Aslan first appears in this story he is visible only to Lucy,
silently urging her to follow him. Peter balks at this. As Peter would
later say, rather reasonably, “And why should Aslan be invisible to
us? He never used to be. It’s not like him” (383). When Lucy cannot
convince her brothers and sister to follow her vision of Aslan, she
gives up and goes with them. Later, Aslan chastises her for not
leaving them to follow this mysterious vision of him on her own.

Even when Aslan does finally appear in physical form and talks with
Lucy, it is clear that the rules are not the same as they were during
the events of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Lucy complains..."

leno...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2017, 11:35:36 AM10/14/17
On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 3:55:30 PM UTC-4, ba...@dontspam.silent.com wrote:
I don't get it - nowhere does the author suggest that Aslan wasn't CHOOSING to be invisible to the others and that Peter was wrong to assume that. Yes, I'd already read the above excerpt before I posted. It just doesn't ring a bell.

At any rate, I also checked Paul F. Ford's "Companion to Narnia" and that's not it either - I searched under Aslan, Peter Pevensie and Invisibility.

Lenona.

leno...@yahoo.com

Oct 16, 2017, 1:51:51 PM10/16/17
On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 11:35:36 AM UTC-4, leno...@yahoo.com wrote:

> At any rate, I also checked Paul F. Ford's "Companion to Narnia" and that's not it either - I searched under Aslan, Peter Pevensie and Invisibility.

I checked again under "Plato" and Ford comes pretty close to what I remember - but not close enough.