Plenty of advance notice

Bill Gill

Apr 22, 2014, 7:20:53 PM4/22/14
I just found this listing on Amazon. We seem to have plenty of time to
anticipate the release.

Omniatopia: East Wind: East Wind (OMNITOPIA) by Diane Duane (Dec 31,
2025)

Bill

Robert Carnegie

Apr 23, 2014, 2:26:31 AM4/23/14
Likewise-ish - unfortunately for impatient fans -
<http://dianeduane.com/outofambit/2011/07/15/since-you-were-asking-the-door-into-starlight/>
That's from 2011. Which apparently is when OMNITOPIA: EAST WIND
was solicited for, coincidentally-ish (I'm guessing).

Are there any other interesting titles promised for 2025 -
or rather, for 2026, since you won't get 'em till New Year,
by which time I daresay they'll have moved on to rocket-drone
delivery?

(Necessarily, since gasoline ran out in 2020. Told you. Luckily,
because it stopped The Rise Of The Machines. Unluckily, because
afterwards, we have to shlep stuff around with homo sapiens muscle
power. And, as I mentioned, rocket-drones.)

David DeLaney

Apr 23, 2014, 5:44:57 AM4/23/14
From the existence of another typo already in this, I'm gonna bet that's
meant to be 12/31/15 instead.

Dave

Bill Gill

Apr 23, 2014, 9:08:43 AM4/23/14
On 4/23/2014 4:44 AM, David DeLaney wrote:
> On 2014-04-22, Bill Gill <bill...@cox.net> wrote:
>> I just found this listing on Amazon. We seem to have plenty of time to
>> anticipate the release.
>>
>> Omniatopia: East Wind: East Wind (OMNITOPIA) by Diane Duane (Dec 31,
>> 2025)
>
> From the existence of another typo already in this, I'm gonna bet that's
> meant to be 12/31/15 instead.
>
> Dave

That's still almost 2 years ahead. That seems an awfully long lead
time for a book that is already a couple of years behind, probably
because the first in the Omnitopia series was not all that good and
she had trouble selling this second one. I noticed that it is an
ebook, not a printed one, so she may be doing it herself.

Bill

Tim McDaniel

Apr 23, 2014, 12:05:13 PM4/23/14
In article <14ebeefe-b5dc-4ef7...@googlegroups.com>,
Robert Carnegie <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:
>On Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:20:53 UTC+1, Bill Gill wrote:
>> I just found this listing on Amazon. We seem to have plenty of time to
>> anticipate the release.
>>
>> Omniatopia: East Wind: East Wind (OMNITOPIA) by Diane Duane
>> (Dec 31, 2025)
>
>Likewise-ish - unfortunately for impatient fans -
><http://dianeduane.com/outofambit/2011/07/15/since-you-were-asking-the-door-into-starlight/>

Connection closed by remote server
http://www.dianeduane.com/

Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for
the site.

Is that the article where she writes that the first three didn't sell
well, so she needs to do others?

--
Tim McDaniel, tm...@panix.com

rochrist

Apr 23, 2014, 1:22:37 PM4/23/14
"Bill Gill" wrote in message news:lj6tg9$gga$1...@dont-email.me...
That books has been off and on over and over again. I'd really like to know
whats up with it.
I can't find any mention of it. She's never mentioned it after it showed up
in an interview that
listed the original release date (which was supposed to be something like
2010). If anyone knows, I'd
love to hear what's going on it. I quite liked the first book.

Ahasuerus

Apr 23, 2014, 1:42:40 PM4/23/14
On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:44:57 AM UTC-4, David DeLaney wrote:
> On 2014-04-22, Bill Gill <bill...@cox.net> wrote:
> > I just found this listing on Amazon. We seem to have plenty of
> > time to anticipate the release.
> >
> > Omniatopia: East Wind: East Wind (OMNITOPIA) by Diane Duane
> > (Dec 31, 2025)
>
> From the existence of another typo already in this, I'm gonna bet
> that's meant to be 12/31/15 instead.

Indefinitely postponed books often have their publication date changed
to 2025-2030 by Amazon.

Kurt Busiek

Apr 23, 2014, 1:56:48 PM4/23/14
On 2014-04-23 09:44:57 +0000, David DeLaney <davidd...@earthlink.net> said:

> On 2014-04-22, Bill Gill <bill...@cox.net> wrote:
>> I just found this listing on Amazon. We seem to have plenty of time to
>> anticipate the release.
>>
>> Omniatopia: East Wind: East Wind (OMNITOPIA) by Diane Duane (Dec 31,
>> 2025)
>
> From the existence of another typo already in this, I'm gonna bet that's
> meant to be 12/31/15 instead.

I would assume it means "We don't know when it's coming out yet, but
we'll update when we have better info. This is the farthest date our
computers assign when it doesn't have an actual or estimated date to
work with."

Since the print edition isn't up at Amazon at all, either it hasn't
been scheduled yet or was listed but removed, and someone forgot to
remove the e-book but succeeded in removing the release-date info.

kdb
--
Visit http://www.busiek.com -- for all your Busiek needs!

Robert Carnegie

Apr 23, 2014, 1:59:43 PM4/23/14
It still works from here - maybe try again, and, yes,
basically it's that, and I expect it says just the same
as when you saw it before.

I can't find OMNITOPIA: FALSE DAWN in Amazon, though.
(I know that isn't what it's called.)