Verin - the demon of impatience?

Henrik Wester

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
At http://www.demonolatry.com/vault/dict2.htm did I read that Verin is the
Demon of impatience.

But then i checked the FAQ i could not find it. Is this something new?

Does anyone have information about the demon Verin?

One Winged Angel

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
Henrik Wester <bgf...@tninet.se> wrote:

Nothing odd. Jordan has probably nicked quite a few names from old legends.
(Belial, Shaitan, Asmodeus, Samael) - it's quite common that fantasy writers
"steal" ideas and names from old stories and legends. Jordan has done this a
great deal, a lot of his names are from the stories about King Arthur, he's
merely changed the spelling of them.

The Carthaginians worshipped, at the end of the third Punic War, a god
called Ba'alhamon. That's probably the wrong way to spell it, but it's an
interesting thing to know.

That Verin is in fact a demon name, may indicate that she is not all that
she seems... Maybe not Black Ajah, but she might have walked in darkness, so
to speak. "No man can stand in the Shadow so long that he cannot find the
Light again." On the other hand, it could just be something Jordan pulled
out of his... mind.

--

Estuans interius ira vehementi
Sors immanis et inanis

kkar...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2014, 11:32:31 AM9/23/14
On Wednesday, December 29, 1999 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Henrik Wester wrote:
> At http://www.demonolatry.com/vault/dict2.htm did I read that Verin is the
> Demon of impatience.
>
> But then i checked the FAQ i could not find it. Is this something new?
>
> Does anyone have information about the demon Verin?

Not a woman. He likes to show himself in human form. He oozes evil and he's cocky. Pale... he sorta looks like a thin skinhead. He was bald. He leaned over and yelled his name so loud in my right ear while I laid there terrified. It made my ear ring. I never EVER heard of his name before. I am a Christian and was raised that way. I never read nor cared to look into demonic names until this. Why did he yell his name was my question? I was shocked when I googled the name. I thought I was going crazy but apparently not. Again, he is cocky and bold and loves to show himself. Be careful.

kkar...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2019, 8:47:10 PM2/5/19
Okay, my pastor prayed with me to forget his name has there is power in the name itself. Dont laugh, but it LITERALLY took me this long to fi d this. I could NOT remember his name. It drove me nuts!!!! So, 20 years later and I'm 40.... I'm confused....who is Jordon? Can you explain please? I know who baal is. I grew up in private school studying all religions.

kkar...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2019, 8:47:41 PM2/5/19
Did you ever find anything? It took me 20 years to find this.