FTL Newsfeed

Frank Stanley Gulczinski Iii

Jan 11, 1994, 10:44:52 AM1/11/94

I think that the FTL Newsfeed that the Sci-Fi channel shows is one of the
cleverer sci-fi pieces on TV today. The only thing is, I can't seem to
find it on a regular basis. Does anyone out there know at what times
the Sci-Fi channel shows it.

Thanx in advance

Frank Gulczinski University of Michigan College of Engineering

Dean Adams

Jan 11, 1994, 12:19:19 PM1/11/94
In article <2guhhk...@srvr1.engin.umich.edu> sv...@tristar.engin.umich.edu (Frank Stanley Gulczinski Iii) writes:
>I think that the FTL Newsfeed that the Sci-Fi channel shows is one of the
>cleverer sci-fi pieces on TV today.

Hmmm... i've been watching SFC since the day it went on the air,
but for some reason I have never had any desire to pay attention
to that "FTL" thing. I always just zapped it like any commercial,
since it seemed kind of annoying. :->

Timothy M. Schreyer

Jan 11, 1994, 3:12:12 PM1/11/94
In article <dadamsCJ...@netcom.com>, dad...@netcom.com (Dean Adams) writes:

|> Hmmm... i've been watching SFC since the day it went on the air,
|> but for some reason I have never had any desire to pay attention
|> to that "FTL" thing. I always just zapped it like any commercial,
|> since it seemed kind of annoying. :->

It's actually a progressing story about future life in America and
on Planet Earth. So far I've grasped that President Clarke is one
tough woman, the virtual reality goggleheads are no longer considered
criminals (it was legalized), too many people are goggleheads, and
that politicians in the future will be very TV audience casual.

I used to just sort of skip it, too, but now I at least get the gist
of each one I see before I get up to go to the kitchen.

Tim
--
Timothy M. Schreyer sch...@vfl.paramax.com
Software Technology R&D (215) 648-2475

Rebecca L Anderson Bishop

Jan 11, 1994, 3:10:19 PM1/11/94
Frank Stanley Gulczinski Iii (sv...@tristar.engin.umich.edu) wrote:

: I think that the FTL Newsfeed that the Sci-Fi channel shows is one of the

: Thanx in advance

I don't think that they have it on at any specific time, but there was
a show on last night (Mon. 1/10/94) at 7:00pm that was called FTL 2143
The year in review. It was pretty interesting. If you keep an eye out
they may have it on again.

-Becky

Joseph Cochran

Jan 11, 1994, 4:59:04 PM1/11/94
In article <2guhhk...@srvr1.engin.umich.edu>,

Frank Stanley Gulczinski Iii <sv...@tristar.engin.umich.edu> wrote:

>I think that the FTL Newsfeed that the Sci-Fi channel shows is one of the
>cleverer sci-fi pieces on TV today. The only thing is, I can't seem to
>find it on a regular basis. Does anyone out there know at what times
>the Sci-Fi channel shows it.

The only time I'm aware of is 3pm Eastern time. I'm starting to
tape it for my roommate now that I've gotten the special 2143 Year in
Review thing to get us up to speed on what the heck's going on...

I think Pres. Clark needs to be impeached real soon now...

| If you've got a hot lead on a new | *--Joe--*
| PC game, call the announce line at | js...@polaris.async.vt.edu
| csi...@polaris.async.vt.edu |
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
"Well ... we're back ... in the car again."
"But at least we're out of the tree." Tim and Alan, JP.

Rebecca L Anderson Bishop

Jan 12, 1994, 11:35:34 AM1/12/94
Joseph Cochran (js...@polaris.async.vt.edu) wrote:
: In article <2guhhk...@srvr1.engin.umich.edu>,

: Frank Stanley Gulczinski Iii <sv...@tristar.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
: >
: >I think that the FTL Newsfeed that the Sci-Fi channel shows is one of the
: >cleverer sci-fi pieces on TV today. The only thing is, I can't seem to
: >find it on a regular basis. Does anyone out there know at what times
: >the Sci-Fi channel shows it.
:

I was told that the 2143 Year in Review is on again on this Thursday
1/13/94. I may be wrong though.

-Becky