Amanda Tapping getting fattening

SFTV_troy

Jul 5, 2009, 9:37:51 AM7/5/09
alt-x-noarchive: yes

.

I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
overweight American viewers.

http://www.syfy.com/imaginegreater/

clouddreamer

Jul 5, 2009, 9:39:48 AM7/5/09
SFTV_troy wrote:
> alt-x-noarchive: yes
>
> .
>
> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
> the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
> spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> overweight American viewers.

Your point?

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us.

Pete B

Jul 5, 2009, 10:10:22 AM7/5/09
In article <70779f78-3f1c-42a5-a206-c793708b9962@
37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>, SFTV...@yahoo.com says...

Getting fattening? So you are saying in the future it will be fattening
to eat Amanda Tappings?

> alt-x-noarchive: yes

Ah, not prepared to stand up for it in the future, eh? ;)

Quoted for posterity:

Pete B

Jul 5, 2009, 10:16:52 AM7/5/09
In article <r42dnZCHPq6GMM3X...@supernews.com>,
Reuse....@nd.Reduce.now says...

> SFTV_troy wrote:
> > alt-x-noarchive: yes
> >
> > .
> >
> > I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
> > the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
> > spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> > doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> > overweight American viewers.
>

> Your point?

He is scared that there might be older women not looking like anorexic
18 year olds.

Mac Breck

Jul 5, 2009, 10:17:02 AM7/5/09
clouddreamer wrote:
> SFTV_troy wrote:
>> alt-x-noarchive: yes
>>
>> .
>>
>> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
>> the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
>> spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
>> doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
>> overweight American viewers.
>

> Your point?

It's on the top of his head, and who knew he was a cannibal?

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------

writerpatrick.webs.com

Jul 5, 2009, 10:31:32 AM7/5/09

"SFTV_troy" <SFTV...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

She's still in decent shape, it's just that she's getting older. She's in
her mid-40s now. The ad (and the outfit) just doesn't show her well. And she
has had children. She's only about 5'9", so any weight gain will show, but
she's nowhere near Delta Burke's weight.

--
Patrick McNamara
E-mail: patjmc...@gmail.com

Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz

Jul 5, 2009, 11:38:52 AM7/5/09

Looks pretty good to me, for a woman her age. Or do you prefer all
bones and no meat? By the way, what exactly do you mean by "getting
fattening?" She's not food.

--
Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz
Promote someone else.

clouddreamer

Jul 5, 2009, 11:40:12 AM7/5/09

Troy only eats oranges and thinks he's getting enough nutrients and
calories. It was only a matter of time before he started seeing
everything that moves as food.

..

--

We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oCYW4ScUnw

Anim8rFSK

Jul 5, 2009, 11:58:17 AM7/5/09
What I thought was funny was that she was on the ballot trying to get an
Emmy nomination for SANCTUARY. I mean, come one; somebody actually
thinks they're doing a good job there??

--
Uncle Jack: "Will, you're invisible!"
Will: "Invisible? I can't be! I can touch myself!"

Message has been deleted

Tom

Jul 5, 2009, 12:42:49 PM7/5/09

You have body self-image issues, don't you?

Do you define everyone by their looks?

Tom

Dano

Jul 5, 2009, 1:14:35 PM7/5/09

She looks really fine to me. It's my opinion that these men that fantasize
over rail thin women are pedophiles at heart. They want children, not fully
developed and healthy women...which is exactly what Ms. Tapping appears to
be. I don't find myself attracted at all to little girls. But as long as
they leave the real little girls alone and stick with grown up women with
eating disorders...it's better than having to guard the junior high schools.

Seamus MacRae

Jul 5, 2009, 1:16:52 PM7/5/09

Sorry, I don't see a downloadable jpeg here. Please hang up and try your
call again.

It's the Principle!

Jul 5, 2009, 2:12:49 PM7/5/09
Seamus MacRae <smacr...@live.ca.invalid> wrote in rec.arts.tv:

He didn't say there was one. It says there's a promo.

--
Brandy Alexandre

Yes, the TP should always unwind over, not under.

Syvyn11

Jul 5, 2009, 2:28:33 PM7/5/09

"Lance Corporal "Hammer" Schultz" <starfist.at.gmail.dot.com> wrote in
message news:axbuesfzp8te$.dlg@starfist.thorsfinni...
She's not food.

Speak for yourself, Marine!

Wouldn't mind eating her a bit.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

A Watcher

Jul 5, 2009, 2:31:39 PM7/5/09

Amanda looks fine. The commercial was REALLY STUPID.

Not Sure

Jul 5, 2009, 2:46:51 PM7/5/09
On Jul 5, 6:39 am, clouddreamer <Reuse.Recy...@nd.Reduce.now> wrote:
> SFTV_troy wrote:
> > alt-x-noarchive: yes
>
> > .
>
> > I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo.  Well she got
> > the "greater" part down pat  - triple chins and all.  (ducks
> > spitball)   It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> > doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> > overweight American viewers.
>
> Your point?

Look who buzzed (like a fly to really, really fat shit) into a thread
about a rapidly expanding woman. Please try to keep your projections
to a minimum, lardass.

whodunit

Jul 5, 2009, 3:54:47 PM7/5/09
Stupid pointless point, when in fact, she looks great!

It's also sad though that the advertisement is better than
than entire channel, pity!

(Gads, I hate that stupid 'SYFY' spelling, yuck!) >:-(

Syvyn11

Jul 5, 2009, 3:54:49 PM7/5/09

"A Watcher" <stoc...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

So is most of SyFy, but I'll forgive her. She doesn't pick the promos.

whodunit

Jul 5, 2009, 3:58:59 PM7/5/09

Patty Winter

Jul 5, 2009, 4:01:10 PM7/5/09

In article <h2r0lk$g5v$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

whodunit <whod...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>(Gads, I hate that stupid 'SYFY' spelling, yuck!) >:-(

Ian has been spelling it PsyPhi, which I like and have
picked up for my own use. :-) It makes as much sense
as the channel's own spelling. Actually, probably more...

Patty

whodunit

Jul 5, 2009, 4:21:58 PM7/5/09
Yes, better, but still!! Who's running the joint, a bunch of
text messaging 15 y/o's?!

Tom

Jul 5, 2009, 4:28:27 PM7/5/09
On Jul 5, 3:21 pm, whodunit <whodu...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Patty Winter wrote:
> > In article <h2r0lk$g5...@news.eternal-september.org>,

> > whodunit  <whodu...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >> (Gads, I hate that stupid 'SYFY' spelling, yuck!) >:-(
>
> > Ian has been spelling it PsyPhi, which I like and have
> > picked up for my own use. :-) It makes as much sense
> > as the channel's own spelling. Actually, probably more...
>
> > Patty
>
> Yes, better, but still!! Who's running the joint, a bunch of
> text messaging 15 y/o's?!

No one quite that smart.

Tom

SFTV_troy

Jul 5, 2009, 4:38:43 PM7/5/09
On Jul 5, 2:54 pm, whodunit <whodu...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >http://www.syfy.com/imaginegreater/
>
> Stupid pointless point, when in fact, she looks great!

Yeah for her age she looks better than 99% of 40-something americans.
She still doesn't look as good as 40-something Gwen Stefani though,
who is at a *truly* healthy weight.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 5, 2009, 4:39:34 PM7/5/09

You're giving Bonnie Hammer credit for being able to text message? You
think she's a lot smarter than I do.

--
Things I learned from MythBusters #57: Never leave a loaded gun in an
exploding room.

Anim8rFSK

Jul 5, 2009, 5:39:31 PM7/5/09
In article
<9b333726-98bb-4fa5...@x3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
Not Sure <fred1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 5, 6:39�am, clouddreamer <Reuse.Recy...@nd.Reduce.now> wrote:

> > SFTV troy wrote:
> > > alt-x-noarchive: yes
> >
> > > .
> >
> > > I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. �Well she got
> > > the "greater" part down pat �- triple chins and all. �(ducks
> > > spitball) � It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> > > doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> > > overweight American viewers.
> >
> > Your point?
>
> Look who buzzed (like a fly to really, really fat shit) into a thread
> about a rapidly expanding woman. Please try to keep your projections
> to a minimum, lardass.

LOL, you like cloddreamer a *lot* more than the rest of us do!

Syvyn11

Jul 5, 2009, 5:45:48 PM7/5/09

"whodunit" <whod...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

nah, if it were text messaging 15 year olds, it would have better
programming than the shit they are running now.

Including more anime.

Syvyn11

Jul 5, 2009, 5:46:48 PM7/5/09

"SFTV_troy" <SFTV...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I wouldn't kick Amamda out of my bed for eating crackers.

Anim8rFSK

Jul 5, 2009, 8:19:11 PM7/5/09
In article <07WdnYFKrazUgszX...@earthlink.com>,
"Syvyn11" <robhor...@yahoo.com> wrote:

What if Crackers complained?

Podkayne Fries

Jul 5, 2009, 10:54:38 PM7/5/09
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 11:09:48 -0230, clouddreamer wrote:

> SFTV_troy wrote:
>>
>> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
>> the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
>> spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
>> doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
>> overweight American viewers.
>

> Your point?

Troy's afraid of women who don't need to be inflated.

--
"You know what I do when I feel really down?
I get up, I get dressed. I go out and I do something

Tom

Jul 5, 2009, 10:20:50 PM7/5/09
On Jul 5, 4:46 pm, "Syvyn11" <robhorine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "SFTV_troy" <SFTV_t...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Crackers are irrelevant. You couldn't get a cardboard cut out of
Amanda Tapping in bed with you, let alone the real person.

And it's AmaNda, not AmaMda, dumbfuck. Learn to spell.

Tom

suzee

Jul 5, 2009, 11:53:23 PM7/5/09

Typos happen Tom, 'specially with letters right next to each other.

Mac Breck

Jul 6, 2009, 12:10:59 AM7/6/09

Kind of like a movie that had all of the best parts in the trailers?

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"Babylon 5: Crusade" (1999)
Durkani: It doesn't matter if they believe us. Sooner or later the
truth's going to come out. The truth is....
Kendarr: ....out of fashion.

Mac Breck

Jul 6, 2009, 12:14:07 AM7/6/09

Wonder if their slick promos will wow them at SDCC, or if the attendees
will see through it.

Tim Bruening

Jul 6, 2009, 3:06:37 AM7/6/09

SFTV_troy wrote:

> alt-x-noarchive: yes
>
> .
>
> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
> the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
> spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> overweight American viewers.
>
> http://www.syfy.com/imaginegreater/

Are you dissing her?

Syvyn11

Jul 6, 2009, 5:08:37 AM7/6/09

"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Syvyn11 wrote:
>> "whodunit" <whod...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Yes, better, but still!! Who's running the joint, a bunch of
>>> text messaging 15 y/o's?!
>>
>> nah, if it were text messaging 15 year olds, it would have better
>> programming than the shit they are running now.
>>
>> Including more anime.
>
> Wonder if their slick promos will wow them at SDCC, or if the attendees
> will see through it.

I say "b".

Syvyn11

Jul 6, 2009, 5:10:08 AM7/6/09

"suzee" <suz...@imbris.com> wrote in message

See, it gives life to idiots like Tom (who I killfiled) to do spelling
flames. It makes them feel superior. While in reality, it makes them
look like a douchebag.

AC

Jul 6, 2009, 5:49:59 AM7/6/09

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

Sorry,

"Is you dissin her".

While I'm at it, I reckon Amanda is more attractive than she was years ago.
Maybe that's just me.

AC

Tim Bruening

Jul 6, 2009, 5:52:21 AM7/6/09

AC wrote:

I am, you are, he is, she is, it is, we are, you plural are, they are.

Therefore, I ask "Are you dissing her?".

Amanda: One father of a man.

Mac Breck

Jul 6, 2009, 6:08:22 AM7/6/09
Syvyn11 wrote:
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Syvyn11 wrote:
>>> "whodunit" <whod...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

>>> nah, if it were text messaging 15 year olds, it would have better
>>> programming than the shit they are running now.
>>>
>>> Including more anime.
>>
>> Wonder if their slick promos will wow them at SDCC, or if the
>> attendees will see through it.
>
> I say "b".

Oh, I'd love to see "b".

SFTV_troy

Jul 6, 2009, 8:16:32 AM7/6/09
alt-x-noarchive: yes

Podkayne Fries wrote:

> Troy's afraid of women who don't need to be inflated.

Podkayne's afraid she resembles the typical overweight American, who
is afraid to visit the doctor because he/she would put said American
on a diet.

SFTV_troy

Jul 6, 2009, 8:19:44 AM7/6/09
On Jul 6, 4:49 am, "AC" <x...@xxx.xxx> wrote:

> While I'm at it, I reckon Amanda is more attractive than she was years ago.
> Maybe that's just me.

She was far better-looking in SG1's first season. Especially running-
around in underwear during the locker scenes..... she wouldn't be able
to do that today.

Oh well. Age happens, but overeating, overdrinking, and smoking is a
choice that could be avoided.

clouddreamer

Jul 6, 2009, 8:35:33 AM7/6/09

She's not overweight.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us.

Andrew Halliwell

Jul 6, 2009, 8:35:07 AM7/6/09
SFTV_troy <SFTV...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Silly.
Smoking doesn't make you put on weight.

GIVING UP smoking makes you put on weight!
--
| spi...@freenet.co.uk | |

krp

Jul 6, 2009, 9:31:08 AM7/6/09

"SFTV_troy" <SFTV...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

================

Amanda had a baby in 2005. Like many women she has been slow to get back to
fighting trim. However she's still gorgeous.

whodunit

Jul 6, 2009, 10:10:39 AM7/6/09
Mac Breck wrote:
> whodunit wrote:
>> SFTV_troy wrote:
>>> alt-x-noarchive: yes
>>>
>>> .
>>>
>>> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
>>> the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
>>> spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
>>> doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
>>> overweight American viewers.
>>>
>>> http://www.syfy.com/imaginegreater/
>>>

>> Stupid pointless point, when in fact, she looks great!
>>
>> It's also sad though that the advertisement is better than
>> than entire channel, pity!
>
> Kind of like a movie that had all of the best parts in the trailers?

As so many of the movies that are shown on THAT SCIENCE FICTION CHANNEL
(I refuse to use that ridiculous non-spelling logo!) tend to be,
unfortunately!

Tom

Jul 6, 2009, 11:10:19 AM7/6/09
> Typos happen Tom, 'specially with letters right next to each other.- Hide quoted text -

Rob doesn't make typos... he's borderline illiterate and thinks words,
grammar and education are unimportant.

A quick perusal of any of his posts will reveal those facts.

Tom

Jette

Jul 6, 2009, 12:36:24 PM7/6/09

"dissing" is not a real word. It's not in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Even "disrespecting" is not a *real* word, no matter how often it gets
used.

Therefore, when using the term, tis more correct to use the street
vernacular, a la Ali G.

--
Jette Goldie
je...@blueyonder.co.uk

Beowulf Bolt

Jul 6, 2009, 12:57:22 PM7/6/09
SFTV_troy wrote:

> alt-x-noarchive: yes
>
> .
>
> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
> the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
> spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> overweight American viewers.

"Insulting other people should NEVER be an option."
- Troy Heagy (aka 'SFTV_troy'), June 25th, 2004

Hypocritical douchebag.

Correction: BLIND hypocritical douchebag.

Biff

"All around me darkness gathers, fading is the sun that shone,
we must speak of other matters, you can be me when I'm gone..."
- SANDMAN #67, Neil Gaiman

clouddreamer

Jul 6, 2009, 2:15:29 PM7/6/09

Use a word enough and it becomes a word...officially.

Not Sure

Jul 6, 2009, 2:49:33 PM7/6/09
On Jul 6, 5:35 am, clouddreamer <Reuse.Recy...@nd.Reduce.now> wrote:
> SFTV_troy wrote:
> > alt-x-noarchive: yes
>
> > Podkayne Fries wrote:
> >> Troy's afraid of women who don't need to be inflated.
>
> > Podkayne's afraid she resembles the typical overweight American, who
> > is afraid to visit the doctor because he/she would put said American
> > on a diet.
>
> She's not overweight.

Something *never* said about you.

sciffynic

Jul 6, 2009, 3:55:36 PM7/6/09
On Jul 6, 8:19 am, SFTV_troy <SFTV_t...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh well.  Age happens, but overeating, overdrinking, and smoking is a
> choice that could be avoided.

She looks pretty good- after 35 you eat the same, exercise the same,
but boy your metabolism does a nosedive and you get thicker around the
middle. .
And our society is so much harder on the ladies than the men for
having the audacity to age.

nicolette

Jette

Jul 6, 2009, 4:10:09 PM7/6/09

in this case that hasn't happened yet.

Anim8rFSK

Jul 6, 2009, 4:37:53 PM7/6/09
In article <BSs4m.52437$OO7....@text.news.virginmedia.com>,
Jette <boss...@scotlandmail.com> wrote:

Cloddreamer thinks the same is true of groups of words; that if she
repeats a lie often enough, other people than her will be stupid enough
to believe it. What she fails to understand is, there is no one more
stupid than her.

The Doctor

Jul 6, 2009, 6:50:46 PM7/6/09
In article <d0564225-a051-4513...@18g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
sciffynic <nics...@aol.com> wrote:
>On Jul 6, 8:19=A0am, SFTV_troy <SFTV_t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh well. =A0Age happens, but overeating, overdrinking, and smoking is a

>> choice that could be avoided.
>
>She looks pretty good- after 35 you eat the same, exercise the same,
>but boy your metabolism does a nosedive and you get thicker around the
>middle. .
>And our society is so much harder on the ladies than the men for
>having the audacity to age.
>

>nicolette

Sweetie, 10/10 for observation.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!

Tim Bruening

Jul 6, 2009, 7:41:41 PM7/6/09

clouddreamer wrote:

Has diss particular word qualified yet?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

A Watcher

Jul 6, 2009, 8:02:56 PM7/6/09
Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
> clouddreamer <Reuse....@nd.Reduce.now> found these unused words:
> NO ... it doesn't, until actually added to an 'official' lexicon source.
>
> Example: "Bartosh"

I wonder if using it online give it credit for appearing in a dictionary.

Does it matter anyway? Pretty soon only us old farts will now how to
spell and use punctuation.

clouddreamer

Jul 6, 2009, 8:05:18 PM7/6/09

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=diss

If it's not in the OED, it's only a matter of time. The English language
surpassed 1 million words recently. Apparently, no other language comes
close.

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 6, 2009, 8:44:35 PM7/6/09
*cue the James Nicoll quote*

And why shouldn't Amanda Tapping buy fattening? Its used in a lot of
baking....

--
Things I learned from MythBusters #57: Never leave a loaded gun in an
exploding room.

Pete B

Jul 6, 2009, 9:00:29 PM7/6/09
In article <16dc36dd-21d1-4482-bc0a-48d842c7a930
@x3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, drs...@aol.com says...

> On Jul 5, 8:37�am, SFTV_troy <SFTV_t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > alt-x-noarchive: yes
> >
> > .
> >
> > I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. �Well she got
> > the "greater" part down pat �- triple chins and all. �(ducks
> > spitball) � It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> > doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> > overweight American viewers.
> >
> > http://www.syfy.com/imaginegreater/
>
> You have body self-image issues, don't you?
>
> Do you define everyone by their looks?

Only women who wont date him ;)

Tom

Jul 6, 2009, 9:02:29 PM7/6/09
On Jul 6, 8:00 pm, Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote:
> In article <16dc36dd-21d1-4482-bc0a-48d842c7a930
> @x3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, drso...@aol.com says...

> > On Jul 5, 8:37 am, SFTV_troy <SFTV_t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > alt-x-noarchive: yes
>
> > > .
>
> > > I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo.  Well she got
> > > the "greater" part down pat  - triple chins and all.  (ducks
> > > spitball)   It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> > > doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> > > overweight American viewers.
>
> > >http://www.syfy.com/imaginegreater/
>
> > You have body self-image issues, don't you?
>
> > Do you define everyone by their looks?
>
> Only women who wont date him ;)

HAHAHAHA!

Nicely done!

Tom

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Pete B

Jul 7, 2009, 12:27:06 PM7/7/09
In article <aff723cc-0cbc-41bd-890f-ce1d70ec1fb9
@y17g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, SFTV...@yahoo.com says...

> Yeah for her age she looks better than 99% of 40-something americans.
> She still doesn't look as good as 40-something Gwen Stefani though,
> who is at a *truly* healthy weight.

For an 18 year old.

Dano

Jul 7, 2009, 12:43:12 PM7/7/09
Jette wrote:
> Tim Bruening wrote:
>
> Even "disrespecting" is not a *real* word, no matter how often it gets
> used.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disrespecting

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disrespecting

Pete B

Jul 7, 2009, 12:45:07 PM7/7/09
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-FAA78...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
ANIM...@cox.net says...
> What I thought was funny was that she was on the ballot trying to get an
> Emmy nomination for SANCTUARY. I mean, come one; somebody actually
> thinks they're doing a good job there??

Best Catering

Jette

Jul 7, 2009, 1:56:15 PM7/7/09

I've often thought, while sitting through the humongous lists of minor
staff and associated persons in movie credits, that there must an
award for things like that - an Oscar for catering or transportation!

EvilBill

Jul 7, 2009, 2:04:57 PM7/7/09

More like a 13-year-old...

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 7, 2009, 5:19:20 PM7/7/09
Jette wrote:
> Pete B wrote:
>> In article <ANIM8Rfsk-FAA78...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
>> ANIM...@cox.net says...
>>> What I thought was funny was that she was on the ballot trying to get
>>> an Emmy nomination for SANCTUARY. I mean, come one; somebody
>>> actually thinks they're doing a good job there??
>>
>> Best Catering
>
> I've often thought, while sitting through the humongous lists of minor
> staff and associated persons in movie credits, that there must an award
> for things like that - an Oscar for catering or transportation!

There probably is among all the "Technical Arts" awards they do a day or
two before the ones anyone cares about.

Pete B

Jul 7, 2009, 5:20:31 PM7/7/09
In article <d7ff90b9-310e-4d94-a566-
2bbcd7...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, SFTV...@yahoo.com says...
> Oh well. Age happens, but overeating, overdrinking, and smoking is a

> choice that could be avoided.

If you can afford the shrinks.
Message has been deleted

Jax

Jul 8, 2009, 1:00:58 AM7/8/09
On Jul 5, 1:14 pm, "Dano" <janeandd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Tom wrote:
> > On Jul 5, 8:37 am, SFTV_troy <SFTV_t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> alt-x-noarchive: yes
>
> >> .
>
> >> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo. Well she got
> >> the "greater" part down pat - triple chins and all. (ducks
> >> spitball) It reminds me of former model Delta Burke's weight-
> >> doubling, but at least this way Tapping more-closely resembles her
> >> overweight American viewers.
>
> >>http://www.syfy.com/imaginegreater/
>
> > You have body self-image issues, don't you?
>
> > Do you define everyone by their looks?
>
> She looks really fine to me.  It's my opinion that these men that fantasize
> over rail thin women are pedophiles at heart.  They want children, not fully
> developed and healthy women...which is exactly what Ms. Tapping appears to
> be.  I don't find myself attracted at all to little girls.  But as long as
> they leave the real little girls alone and stick with grown up women with
> eating disorders...it's better than having to guard the junior high schools.

Don't bring pedos into this conversation. They have nothing to do
with the no boobs, no butt image of fashion magazines. Blame the
women (who want men) and gay men (who want men).

Jax

Jul 8, 2009, 1:02:30 AM7/8/09
On Jul 5, 4:01 pm, Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com> wrote:
> In article <h2r0lk$g5...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>
> whodunit  <whodu...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >(Gads, I hate that stupid 'SYFY' spelling, yuck!) >:-(
>
> Ian has been spelling it PsyPhi, which I like and have
> picked up for my own use. :-) It makes as much sense
> as the channel's own spelling. Actually, probably more...
>
> Patty

Just spell it PsiPhi...then add the Pi, and Ian's ready to turn to
"Greek"! :P

Mac Breck

Jul 8, 2009, 7:59:22 AM7/8/09
> with the no boobs, no butt....

, no hips, i.e. straight/thin as a rail, top-to-bottom....

> image of fashion magazines. Blame the
> women (who want men) and gay men (who want men).

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"Babylon 5: Crusade" (1999)
Durkani: It doesn't matter if they believe us. Sooner or later the
truth's going to come out. The truth is....
Kendarr: ....out of fashion.

Davej

Jul 8, 2009, 1:07:48 PM7/8/09
On Jul 5, 8:37 am, SFTV_troy <SFTV_t...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> cowardly alt-x-noarchive: yes

> I just saw her in the new SyFy Imagine Greater promo.  Well she got
> the "greater" part down pat  - triple chins and all.  (ducks
> spitball)  [...]

You're so gay.

Pete B

Jul 8, 2009, 6:42:19 PM7/8/09
In article <3%L4m.52776$OO7....@text.news.virginmedia.com>,
boss...@scotlandmail.com says...

> Pete B wrote:
> > In article <ANIM8Rfsk-FAA78...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
> > ANIM...@cox.net says...
> >> What I thought was funny was that she was on the ballot trying to get an
> >> Emmy nomination for SANCTUARY. I mean, come one; somebody actually
> >> thinks they're doing a good job there??
> >
> > Best Catering
>
> I've often thought, while sitting through the humongous lists of minor
> staff and associated persons in movie credits, that there must an
> award for things like that - an Oscar for catering or transportation!

Hehe, there probably is in the caterin industry :)

Pete B

Jul 8, 2009, 7:55:04 PM7/8/09
In article <3036f490-e07b-4eaf-bbc8-78abb2e43235@
37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>, gal...@hotmail.com says...

He probably thinks this song is about him ;)

whodunit

Jul 9, 2009, 10:52:07 AM7/9/09

<SMACK!>

Thanks for the earworm today, buddy! :-]

Pete B

Jul 9, 2009, 8:03:27 PM7/9/09
In article <h350fd$6h9$2...@news.eternal-september.org>,
whod...@invalid.invalid says...

hehe :)

nemo

Jul 12, 2009, 7:30:49 PM7/12/09

"Jette" <boss...@scotlandmail.com> wrote in message

> Tim Bruening wrote:
> >
> > AC wrote:
> >
> >> "Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message

> >> Sorry,
> >>
> >> "Is you dissin her".
> >>
> >> While I'm at it, I reckon Amanda is more attractive than she was years
ago.
> >> Maybe that's just me.
> >
> > I am, you are, he is, she is, it is, we are, you plural are, they are.
> >
> > Therefore, I ask "Are you dissing her?".
> >

> "dissing" is not a real word. It's not in the Oxford English Dictionary.
>
> Even "disrespecting" is not a *real* word, no matter how often it gets
> used.
>
> Therefore, when using the term, tis more correct to use the street
> vernacular, a la Ali G.

It's in the dictionary for chicken transporters - Hen Carter. And when I was
a telephone engineer all those centuries ago, diss meant disconnected. Not
deliberately, but because of a fault. The line's diss.

There was also Lowing Sulation 'B' wire caused by cows, so B wire of them! -
and Low Loop, which often lead to crashed aircraft!

And how did we test a line? Voltmeter key, Earth 'A' wire key then wiggle
the Line Reverse key up and down. This charged and discharged the 2 my crow
farad condenser in series with the phone's bell, which made it tinkle, and
gave a wobbly reading on the Voltmeter indicating that there was actually a
phone connected at the end of the line.

After the phone had tinkled, we often got the subscriber calling up moaning
about the mess!

There's notta lotta people know dat!

Nemo.
In 2007, retirement was heaven,
In 2008, it was bloody-well great!
And it's still quite divine in 2009!
It'll be same again in 2010!

The MPs all fiddling has sort of died down,
But now poor old Gordon looks like a Brown clown!!

nemo

Jul 12, 2009, 7:31:45 PM7/12/09

"clouddreamer" <Reuse....@nd.Reduce.now> wrote in message
> Use a word enough and it becomes a word...officially.

What about umphlwunjjeemonflintious?

nemo

Jul 12, 2009, 7:33:30 PM7/12/09

> in this case that hasn't happened yet.

You have a case that hasn't happened yet??????

Does that mean you have to send your clothes into the future to pack the
case?

nemo

Jul 12, 2009, 7:35:29 PM7/12/09

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <BSs4m.52437$OO7....@text.news.virginmedia.com>,
> Cloddreamer thinks the same is true of groups of words; that if she
> repeats a lie often enough, other people than her will be stupid enough
> to believe it. What she fails to understand is, there is no one more
> stupid than her.

Eccles: Ohohohohohhh! Oh yes dere is!!!

nemo

Jul 12, 2009, 7:36:34 PM7/12/09

> Has diss particular word qualified yet?

It did years ago. See above re- telephoyne enginearring.

nemo

Jul 12, 2009, 7:39:10 PM7/12/09

> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=diss
>
> If it's not in the OED, it's only a matter of time. The English language
> surpassed 1 million words recently. Apparently, no other language comes
> close.

That's because England has sea all the way round it!

Hang on. I didn't notice! I've nearly done a full house!

Eccles: " 'Hang on????' Why?? Is dere gonna be an earthquake?"

nemo

Jul 12, 2009, 7:41:19 PM7/12/09

"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Jette wrote:
> > Tim Bruening wrote:
> >
> > Even "disrespecting" is not a *real* word, no matter how often it gets
> > used.

<snipule>
Try "Desires Pectin" then - as in someone who doesn't like to make runny
jam.

Dano

Jul 13, 2009, 4:36:23 PM7/13/09

I suppose you've heard that word a lot eh? On the planet Tralfamadore where
you are from perhaps? Sorry...just dealing in Earth languages here.

Message has been deleted

nemo

Jul 16, 2009, 2:56:57 PM7/16/09

"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Earth languages? What? Like loam, humus, worm, mole, plOUGH not plow, seed,
plant, fertiliser etc., etc.?