1st Season Vampire Diaries - Pilot - 5 star poll - SPOILERS AHOY !

george...@yahoo.com

Sep 10, 2009, 7:24:14 PM9/10/09
"Pilot"
9-10-09 Vampire Diaries

5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)

0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)

-George
(I still remember how to do this !)

Two undead love her
Elena haunts their day dreams
Will three be a crowd?

Mac Breck

Sep 10, 2009, 8:19:01 PM9/10/09
george...@yahoo.com wrote:
> "Pilot"
> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>

> 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>
> 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)

0 stars.

I couldn't make it past the 4 minute mark due to the lines the actors
were having to say.

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------

Obveeus

Sep 10, 2009, 10:14:10 PM9/10/09

<george...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Pilot"
> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>

> 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>
> 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)

3 stars. Lots of 'teens'. Lots of 'angst'. Enough plot to make it worth
another look.

It was hard to understand why those people in Sunnydale almost never seemed
to notice the extraordinarily high body count in their small town. This
place would seem to have that same problem. If people start dropping left
and right from animal attacks, will all the kids still be out partying in
the woods every weekend?

Side note: After seeing enough of these CW shows, one might come to the
conclusion that only children drink alcohol.

Ian J. Ball

Sep 11, 2009, 1:43:09 AM9/11/09
In article
"george...@yahoo.com" <george...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Pilot"
> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>
> 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
> 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)

Edited reposting from my New Shows Poll thread:

I almost went with a'B-', but I think it lagged some in the
second half, so I'm going with a C+ - which translates into something
like a:

3.4

This was pretty much all set up, and I actually think they tried to do
*too much* here, ending up glossing over most everything. (e.g. I would
have liked to seen more of the Aunt, if nothing else.)

My favorite part - how it was that *Virginia* in either late August or
early September (when schools usually start back up) was so cold at
night that you could see *breath*. (And how can Stefan even *have
breath* - he's a vampire for crying out loud!!)

I will say that Ian Somerhalder did a good job here - he attacks this
role with relish, and it's probably his best work to date.

Meanwhile, the V.O.'s are... just... not... good.

Beyond that, I don't know how they did it (and I've complained about
this before) - but they put so much make-up on 20-year old Nina Dobrev
that she looked more like *30*!!

Anyway, this is all very preliminary, and I'll stick with this for a
while longer to see if it gets it together, and generally picks up.

--
"There's no business, like Cho business."
- Patrick Jane, "The Mentalist", 02/11/09

Ravenlynne

Sep 11, 2009, 1:48:11 AM9/11/09
Ian J. Ball scribbled on the wall in permanent marker:

> My favorite part - how it was that Virginia in either late August or

> early September (when schools usually start back up) was so cold at

> night that you could see breath. (And how can Stefan even *have

> breath* - he's a vampire for crying out loud!!)

Ha...I lived in VA beach for a year and it did NOT get cold in
August/september.

Watching the show later today after it finishes downloading.

--
Now with 100% more monsters than before!

Anim8rFSK

Sep 11, 2009, 1:11:46 PM9/11/09
In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-C99...@nntp.aioe.org>,

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article
> <5f89ff66-9208-4658...@p10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
> "george...@yahoo.com" <george...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Pilot"
> > 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
> >
> > 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
> > 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)
>
> Edited reposting from my New Shows Poll thread:
>
> I almost went with a'B-', but I think it lagged some in the
> second half, so I'm going with a C+ - which translates into something
> like a:
>
> 3.4

2.55 here

--
Uncle Jack: "Will, you're invisible!"
Will: "Invisible? I can't be! I can touch myself!"

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 11, 2009, 1:53:34 PM9/11/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-C99...@nntp.aioe.org>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <5f89ff66-9208-4658...@p10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
>> "george...@yahoo.com" <george...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Pilot"
>>> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>>>
>>> 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>>> 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)
>> Edited reposting from my New Shows Poll thread:
>>
>> I almost went with a'B-', but I think it lagged some in the
>> second half, so I'm going with a C+ - which translates into something
>> like a:
>>
>> 3.4
>
> 2.55 here

Absent, no score.

--
Things I learned from Usenet #29: Do not chew the peach.
Veni, Vidi, Snarki.

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 11, 2009, 4:47:37 PM9/11/09
Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> Anim8rFSK wrote:
>> In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-C99...@nntp.aioe.org>,
>> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <5f89ff66-9208-4658...@p10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Edited reposting from my New Shows Poll thread:
>>>
>>> I almost went with a'B-', but I think it lagged some in the second
>>> half, so I'm going with a C+ - which translates into something like a:
>>> 3.4
>>
>> 2.55 here
>>
> Absent, no score.

Had to share this *evil grin*

Tim Goodman, TV critic for the San Francisco Chronicle: "Looking for
more proof about the dumbassification of America? I've actually seen
positive reviews of the insanely bad "Vampire Diaries." God help us all.
And if anyone wants to get together for a "dramatic reading" of the
script, let's do it. We could make people laugh until it hurts for
charity. Some good needs to come out of that pilot."

David Barnett

Sep 11, 2009, 5:18:48 PM9/11/09
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> george...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> "Pilot"
>> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>>

>> 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>>
>> 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)
>
> 0 stars.
>
> I couldn't make it past the 4 minute mark due to the lines the actors
> were having to say.

This the first I have heard about this show, but I have no intention of
watching it, nor the latest movies.

What is the great attraction of vampire shows?

Quite a while back I was reluctant to watch Buffy, but the hype got to me,
and I did appreciate the humour in the early seasons - later the story got
to me.

I did like Moonlight, but I suffered watching True Blood, and so have no
interest in the second season.
I found Blood Ties better. I did not like Tom Cruise's movie, and Alyssa
Milano's Embrace of the Vampire
was notable for showing her in all her glory, but for nothing else.

My intention atm is not to watch any vampire shows from now on.
--
David Barnett

Michael Bowker

Sep 11, 2009, 10:29:32 PM9/11/09
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> In article
> <5f89ff66-9208-4658...@p10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
> "george...@yahoo.com" <george...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> "Pilot"
>> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>>
>> 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>> 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)
>
> Edited reposting from my New Shows Poll thread:
>
> I almost went with a'B-', but I think it lagged some in the
> second half, so I'm going with a C+ - which translates into something
> like a:

1.5

Didn't much care, seems like more teen angst and shlock. Not very
impressed.

George W Harris

Sep 12, 2009, 1:56:11 AM9/12/09
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:43:09 -0700, "Ian J. Ball"
<ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>My favorite part - how it was that *Virginia* in either late August or
>early September (when schools usually start back up) was so cold at
>night that you could see *breath*.

Depends on where in Virginia you are. Certainly
not in Norfolk, but up in the mountains?
--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

Pete B

Sep 12, 2009, 9:24:19 AM9/12/09
In article <5f89ff66-9208-4658-b4c6-
435e3e...@p10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>, george...@yahoo.com
says...
> "Pilot"
> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries

George! You are back!

(Haven't see the vampires though)

Pete B

Sep 12, 2009, 9:24:40 AM9/12/09
In article <CemdnZdjBYsdCjTX...@supernews.com>,
macthe...@yahoo.com says...

> george...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > "Pilot"
> > 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
> >

> > 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
> >
> > 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)
>
> 0 stars.
>
> I couldn't make it past the 4 minute mark due to the lines the actors
> were having to say.

Ah, I see I didn't miss anything then.

Windowwasher

Sep 12, 2009, 10:10:58 AM9/12/09

I gave it a B- in Ian's thread, so I guess the number grade would be like a
3.87.

Patricia Martin Steward

Sep 12, 2009, 10:21:31 AM9/12/09
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:14:10 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>3 stars. Lots of 'teens'. Lots of 'angst'. Enough plot to make it worth
>another look.

This sums up my experience as well. I sure could do without the
cheesy flying-through-the-air scenes, though.

--
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing
which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has

Ian J. Ball

Sep 12, 2009, 10:54:25 AM9/12/09
In article <4ibna5di2iv0a4slb...@4ax.com>,

Patricia Martin Steward <pat...@noteranews.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:14:10 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> >3 stars. Lots of 'teens'. Lots of 'angst'. Enough plot to make it worth
> >another look.
>
> This sums up my experience as well.
> I sure could do without the cheesy flying-through-the-air scenes, though.

Nah - those brought back happy memories of "Forever Knight"... ;)

Mac Breck

Sep 12, 2009, 11:15:28 AM9/12/09

Overwrought teen melodrama that just makes you want to say "OH SHUT UP!"

Mac Breck

Sep 12, 2009, 11:22:38 AM9/12/09
Mac Breck wrote:
> Pete B wrote:
>> In article <CemdnZdjBYsdCjTX...@supernews.com>,
>> macthe...@yahoo.com says...

>>> 0 stars.
>>>
>>> I couldn't make it past the 4 minute mark due to the lines the
>>> actors were having to say.
>>
>> Ah, I see I didn't miss anything then.
>
> Overwrought teen melodrama that just makes you want to say "OH SHUT
> UP!"

It's best imagined as [Anthony Stewart Head] "OH SHUT UP!" [/Anthony
Stewart Head] ;-)

Anim8rFSK

Sep 12, 2009, 2:01:52 PM9/12/09
In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-D4F...@nntp.aioe.org>,

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <4ibna5di2iv0a4slb...@4ax.com>,
> Patricia Martin Steward <pat...@noteranews.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:14:10 -0400, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >3 stars. Lots of 'teens'. Lots of 'angst'. Enough plot to make it worth
> > >another look.
> >
> > This sums up my experience as well.
> > I sure could do without the cheesy flying-through-the-air scenes, though.
>
> Nah - those brought back happy memories of "Forever Knight"... ;)

By the creator of the worst show on TV, Defying Gravity!

peachyashiepassion

Sep 12, 2009, 3:38:13 PM9/12/09
Ian J. Ball wrote:
> In article
> <5f89ff66-9208-4658...@p10g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
> "george...@yahoo.com" <george...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> "Pilot"
>> 9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>>
>> 5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>> 0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)
>
> Edited reposting from my New Shows Poll thread:
>
> I almost went with a'B-', but I think it lagged some in the
> second half, so I'm going with a C+ - which translates into something
> like a:
>
> 3.4
>
> This was pretty much all set up, and I actually think they tried to do
> *too much* here, ending up glossing over most everything. (e.g. I would
> have liked to seen more of the Aunt, if nothing else.)
>
> My favorite part - how it was that *Virginia* in either late August or
> early September (when schools usually start back up) was so cold at
> night that you could see *breath*. (And how can Stefan even *have
> breath* - he's a vampire for crying out loud!!)

Hey! I'll have you know we actually wore LONG PANTS and even JACKETS
to school this past week, the first week of school here.

brrr!

_ berge @hotmail.com.invalid Eric D. Berge

Sep 12, 2009, 4:05:34 PM9/12/09
<ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>My favorite part - how it was that *Virginia* in either late August or
>early September (when schools usually start back up) was so cold at
>night that you could see *breath*. (And how can Stefan even *have
>breath* - he's a vampire for crying out loud!!)

Doesn't he have to move gas past his vocal chords in order to utter
insipid dialog?

Obveeus

Sep 12, 2009, 4:12:55 PM9/12/09

"Eric D. Berge" <eric _ berge @ hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

Yes, it would have to pass gas in order to make noise, but I think the
complaint was that the gas should not be warm.
Still, maybe the 'breath' is like the rolling in of the fog: just a parlor
trick.

David Barnett

Sep 12, 2009, 6:38:03 PM9/12/09
"Pete B" <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in message

Nor have I, nor any intention of seeing it, but yes, welcome back, George.
--
David Barnett

Mac Breck

Sep 12, 2009, 6:43:58 PM9/12/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-D4F...@nntp.aioe.org>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <4ibna5di2iv0a4slb...@4ax.com>,
>> Patricia Martin Steward <pat...@noteranews.com> wrote:

>>> This sums up my experience as well.
>>> I sure could do without the cheesy flying-through-the-air scenes,
>>> though.
>>
>> Nah - those brought back happy memories of "Forever Knight"... ;)
>
> By the creator of the worst show on TV, Defying Gravity!

Shirley you can't be serious. The worst show on TV? That's American
Idol, unless you want to count Vampire Diaries.

15th Annual RATTY Awards results
WORST SERIES ON TELEVISION
*non-winner* American Idol (Fox)
2. The Celebrity Apprentice (NBC)
3. Deal or No Deal (NBC/Syndicated)
tie. Living Lohan (E!)
5. Do Not Disturb (Fox)

CSI:Horatio should have been in the "top" five.

Ian J. Ball

Sep 12, 2009, 7:32:59 PM9/12/09
In article <R9adnbooIeiouTHX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-D4F...@nntp.aioe.org>,
> > "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Nah - those brought back happy memories of "Forever Knight"... ;)
> >
> > By the creator of the worst show on TV, Defying Gravity!
>
> Shirley you can't be serious. The worst show on TV? That's American
> Idol, unless you want to count Vampire Diaries.
>
> 15th Annual RATTY Awards results
> WORST SERIES ON TELEVISION
> *non-winner* American Idol (Fox)
> 2. The Celebrity Apprentice (NBC)
> 3. Deal or No Deal (NBC/Syndicated)
> tie. Living Lohan (E!)
> 5. Do Not Disturb (Fox)
>
> CSI:Horatio should have been in the "top" five.

I'm putting a 'hex' on this post/poster... :/

Mac Breck

Sep 12, 2009, 7:35:43 PM9/12/09

ROFL! Too late!

Anim8rFSK

Sep 12, 2009, 9:13:08 PM9/12/09
In article <R9adnbooIeiouTHX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Okay, worst scifi abortion show.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 12, 2009, 9:15:13 PM9/12/09
In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-45D...@nntp.aioe.org>,

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <R9adnbooIeiouTHX...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Anim8rFSK wrote:

> > > By the creator of the worst show on TV, Defying Gravity!
> >
> > Shirley you can't be serious. The worst show on TV? That's American
> > Idol, unless you want to count Vampire Diaries.
> >
> > 15th Annual RATTY Awards results
> > WORST SERIES ON TELEVISION
> > *non-winner* American Idol (Fox)
> > 2. The Celebrity Apprentice (NBC)
> > 3. Deal or No Deal (NBC/Syndicated)
> > tie. Living Lohan (E!)
> > 5. Do Not Disturb (Fox)
> >
> > CSI:Horatio should have been in the "top" five.
>
> I'm putting a 'hex' on this post/poster... :/

Mmmm, Christina . . .

Zombie Elvis

Sep 13, 2009, 12:03:16 AM9/13/09
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:24:14 -0700 (PDT), "george...@yahoo.com"
<george...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Pilot"
>9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>

>5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>
>0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)

1.00000001 stars.

Painful to watch. Agonizingly slow paced. The girl who claims to be
psychic is the one redeeming aspect of the show as she reminds me a
little of Sookie from the much better vampire soap, True Blood. Sookie
is psychic for real and it would be a good twist if this girl also
turned out to be really psychic. But I don't plan to stick around long
enough to find out.

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer was self-aware enough to occasionally parody
Buffy and Angel's intense love affair as they did in "The Zeppo" where
Xander interferes with their pity-fest while battling zombies. Every
scene between the leads of this show feels like one of those parodies
except that it is being played straight and serious.
--
"Am I wrong in thinking that a 'please' and a
'thank you' is generally considered good form

Roberto Castillo
roberto...@ameritech.net
http://mind-grapes.blogspot.com/
http://zombie-gulch.myminicity.com/

David Johnston

Sep 13, 2009, 3:58:30 AM9/13/09
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 23:03:16 -0500, Zombie Elvis
<DELETEMETOREPLY...@ameritech.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:24:14 -0700 (PDT), "george...@yahoo.com"
><george...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>"Pilot"
>>9-10-09 Vampire Diaries
>>

>>5 stars (Spike, Angel, Bill, Eric)
>>
>>0-1 stars (Lothos, Amilyn, Benny)
>
>1.00000001 stars.
>
>Painful to watch. Agonizingly slow paced. The girl who claims to be
>psychic is the one redeeming aspect of the show as she reminds me a
>little of Sookie from the much better vampire soap, True Blood. Sookie
>is psychic for real and it would be a good twist if this girl also
>turned out to be really psychic

She already had a real psychic flash. It freaked her out.

Mac Breck

Sep 13, 2009, 3:16:52 AM9/13/09

??? The only Christinas I can think of are Applegate & Hendricks, and
neither of them are hexes. Certainly wouldn't mind them being put on
me.
:-D

Mac Breck

Sep 13, 2009, 3:12:19 AM9/13/09

That's better! :-)

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 9:49:31 AM9/13/09
In article <_8idnbPiw4wcPDHX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Christina Cole (who makes Applegate & Hedricks look like ugly boys) was
the star of the British TV series "Hex"

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 9:50:06 AM9/13/09
In article <GZednSYGX8hiTTHX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

And I've seen tonight's episode!

Just not sure what I'm going to do about it.

Ian J. Ball

Sep 13, 2009, 10:31:56 AM9/13/09
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-6A888...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

In the latter case, not even close - Christina Hendricks could make
mincemeat out of Christina Cole.

Mac Breck

Sep 13, 2009, 10:39:21 AM9/13/09

Call Lyta Alexander over for a mindwipe.

Mac Breck

Sep 13, 2009, 11:14:25 AM9/13/09

Ian and I cannot agree on CSI-Horatio, but we can certainly agree on
this!

Ian J. Ball

Sep 13, 2009, 11:47:28 AM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 8:14 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > In article <ANIM8Rfsk-6A8886.06493113092...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
> >  Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:

> >> Christina Cole (who makes Applegate & Hedricks look like ugly boys)
> >> was the star of the British TV series "Hex"
>
> > In the latter case, not even close - Christina Hendricks could make
> > mincemeat out of Christina Cole.
>
> Ian and I cannot agree on CSI-Horatio, but we can certainly agree on
> this!

That's because you never try to see things from Horatio's P.O.V.! ;p

Windowwasher

Sep 13, 2009, 11:58:52 AM9/13/09

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

And a Reese Witherspoon "sister". Hex had several good looking women. I
liked Jemima Rooper also.

Mac Breck

Sep 13, 2009, 12:27:48 PM9/13/09

Mac Breck

Sep 13, 2009, 12:30:20 PM9/13/09

Couldn't. I don't have *that* big of an ego, and nobody can see through
his shades.

Ian J. Ball

Sep 13, 2009, 12:38:19 PM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 9:27 am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
>
> > Christina Cole (who makes Applegate & Hendricks look like ugly boys)
>
> IMPOSSIBLE!
>
> > was the star of the British TV series "Hex"
>
> Never heard of it.  You can't mean anybody in this picture.
> http://epguides.com/Hex/cast.jpg
> The one in pink looks like a tranny (scary fugly).  The one on the left
> looks a little like Lucy Lawless.  None of those three (presumably)
> females can hold a candle to Applegate or Hendricks.

That is a truly *terrible* pic - trust me: everyone in the cast is far
better looking than they appear in that pic!

Mac Breck

Sep 13, 2009, 1:37:18 PM9/13/09

Speaking of *terrible* pics on epguides.com, how about this "Castle"
pic?
http://epguides.com/Castle/logo.jpg

Fillion looks ~OK~ except in the eyes, but Stana Katic? Gah! If it was
ever an actual picture, it looks like somebody applied a Photoshop
"Paint Daubs" filter to it.

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 13, 2009, 2:24:43 PM9/13/09
Get really drunk and hope for retroactive memory loss?

--
Things I learned from Usenet #29: Do not chew the peach.
Veni, Vidi, Snarki.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 4:50:51 PM9/13/09
In article <A_GdndLdDr7DkTDX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > In article <ANIM8Rfsk-6A888...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
> > Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> >> Christina Cole (who makes Applegate & Hedricks look like ugly boys)
> >> was the star of the British TV series "Hex"
> >
> > In the latter case, not even close - Christina Hendricks could make
> > mincemeat out of Christina Cole.
>
> Ian and I cannot agree on CSI-Horatio, but we can certainly agree on
> this!

You would *love* the girl in Special Rescue Ops.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 4:51:29 PM9/13/09
In article
<324fe237-f43a-4585...@i18g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,

"Ian J. Ball" <ib...@san.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sep 13, 8:14�am, "Mac Breck" <macthevor...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Ian J. Ball wrote:

> > > In the latter case, not even close - Christina Hendricks could make
> > > mincemeat out of Christina Cole.
> >
> > Ian and I cannot agree on CSI-Horatio, but we can certainly agree on
> > this!
>
> That's because you never try to see things from Horatio's P.O.V.! ;p

I don't understand why he doesn't love the H. when he has such a thing
for redheads.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 4:52:35 PM9/13/09
In article <2F8rm.187631$0e4....@newsfe19.iad>,
"Windowwasher" <window...@nowhere.com> wrote:

Was she the one that played Cordelia or Willow? The Cordelia actress
was oo-laa-laaa!

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 4:53:13 PM9/13/09
In article <4O6dnX7mDo0KgDDX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kaley Cuoco

She's less talented than Kelly Lee Ripa.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 4:54:06 PM9/13/09
In article <4aad38ea$0$1596$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

See if I can get the memory aborted.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 4:56:35 PM9/13/09
In article <ePKdnWVBsdY1sjDX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball wrote:

> >> IMPOSSIBLE!

> >> Never heard of it. You can't mean anybody in this picture.
> >> http://epguides.com/Hex/cast.jpg
> >> The one in pink looks like a tranny (scary fugly). The one on the
> >> left looks a little like Lucy Lawless. None of those three
> >> (presumably) females can hold a candle to Applegate or Hendricks.
> >
> > That is a truly *terrible* pic - trust me: everyone in the cast is far
> > better looking than they appear in that pic!
>
> Speaking of *terrible* pics on epguides.com, how about this "Castle"
> pic?
> http://epguides.com/Castle/logo.jpg
>
> Fillion looks ~OK~ except in the eyes, but Stana Katic? Gah! If it was
> ever an actual picture, it looks like somebody applied a Photoshop
> "Paint Daubs" filter to it.

I'm not sure about Stana. I thought she was gorgeous in The Librarian:
Curse of the There's No Reason To Set This In New Orleans Vampire movie,
way better than she is in Castle. Most of the time in Castle she's 'too
pretty to be a cop' but sometimes they manage to make her downright
unattractive, and it's usually when they're trying to MAKE her
attractive, like when she showed up at the book signing in the red dress
to try to distract him and it was all scrawny bony pale pipe cleaner
legs, for gods sake buy this woman some stockings!

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 13, 2009, 5:01:48 PM9/13/09
That Would Be Bad.

Windowwasher

Sep 13, 2009, 8:34:07 PM9/13/09

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

She was Thelma. Amber Sainsbury? (Roxanne) was nice as was Laura Pyper as
Ella Dee.

Anim, the others you mentioned were in that other supernatural show, Buffy.
Willow the Witch (Alison Hannigan) and Cordelia Chase (Charisma Carpenter)

Anim8rFSK

Sep 13, 2009, 9:52:56 PM9/13/09
In article <2cgrm.35447$JG1....@newsfe24.iad>,
"Windowwasher" <window...@nowhere.com> wrote:

Yes, I just thought the parallels were obvious, and it's been too long
since I saw Hex to remember anybody's names. :)

Windowwasher

Sep 13, 2009, 10:34:31 PM9/13/09

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

Yep both had the lesbian witch and all.

Obveeus

Sep 13, 2009, 11:55:58 PM9/13/09

"Windowwasher" <window...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Yep both had the lesbian witch and all.

Speaking of which, Playboy Magazine has an article/photo spread on the
vampire themed shows this month.

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 12:22:35 AM9/14/09

Special Rescue Ops.? Is that a TV show, or some department on "Hex" ?
Can't find "Special Rescue Ops." in Epguides.com. C'mon, quit being
cryptic and just give the actress name or a URL.

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 12:34:13 AM9/14/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <4O6dnX7mDo0KgDDX...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Kaley Cuoco
>
> She's less talented than Kelly Lee Ripa.

This and a couple of your other recent replies has me wondering if
prolonged exposure to the worst Sci-Fi/Syfy has to offer, has caused
permanent brain damage. :-( We've warned you away from Skiffy
Originals, but still you watch.

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 12:26:56 AM9/14/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article
> <324fe237-f43a-4585...@i18g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ib...@san.rr.com> wrote:

>>> Ian and I cannot agree on CSI-Horatio, but we can certainly agree on
>>> this!
>>
>> That's because you never try to see things from Horatio's P.O.V.! ;p
>
> I don't understand why he doesn't love the H. when he has such a thing
> for redheads.

<barf>

FEMALE redheads. e.g. Patricia Tallman. ...but then, you knew that.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 14, 2009, 2:09:52 AM9/14/09
In article <WPadnSR8MLqYVTDX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Rescue Special Ops is an OZ show starring Gigi Edgley (Chiana) from
Farscape that people have been talking about in the "What Did You Watch"
threads. I tracked 'em down and marathon'd this weekend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442566/

The one you'd like is Katherine HIcks (I didn't know her name until I
looked it up just for you)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382890/

http://www.meissnermanagement.com.au/Katherine%20Hicks.jpg

Anim8rFSK

Sep 14, 2009, 2:11:30 AM9/14/09
In article <WPadnSZ8MLqaVTDX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article <4O6dnX7mDo0KgDDX...@supernews.com>,
> > "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Kaley Cuoco
> >
> > She's less talented than Kelly Lee Ripa.
>
> This and a couple of your other recent replies has me wondering if
> prolonged exposure to the worst Sci-Fi/Syfy has to offer, has caused
> permanent brain damage. :-( We've warned you away from Skiffy
> Originals, but still you watch.

I watched the last season of Charmed. Nothing Cuoco could ever do could
wash the stench of that out of my brain.

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 2:51:06 AM9/14/09
> The one you'd like is Katherine Hicks (I didn't know her name until I

Oh, you are so right! :-D

She looks a bit like a young Marg Helgenberger/Catherine Willows.

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 3:05:58 AM9/14/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <WPadnSZ8MLqaVTDX...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Anim8rFSK wrote:

>>> She's less talented than Kelly Lee Ripa.
>>
>> This and a couple of your other recent replies has me wondering if
>> prolonged exposure to the worst Sci-Fi/Syfy has to offer, has caused
>> permanent brain damage. :-( We've warned you away from Skiffy
>> Originals, but still you watch.
>
> I watched the last season of Charmed. Nothing Cuoco could ever do
> could wash the stench of that out of my brain.

Isn't it possible that Kaley could have grown as an actress between the
last season of "Charmed" and Season 1 of "The Big Bang Theory" ? The
answer is YES. If you see someone give a bad performance at one point
in their career, does that mean that they can *never* improve, and that
you will never give them a chance further down the line, on a different
show, possibly with better writers?

IMO, Kaley is excellent on "The Big Bang Theory".

You need the two step process:

1. Lyta gives you a selective mindwipe of the last season of "Charmed".
2. You watch all of "The Big Bang Theory" multiple times.

Then, you'd see the light. ;-) There's excellent chemistry between
Penny, Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Raj on "The Big Bang Theory".

ps. An Idaho spud has more talent than Kelly Lee Ripa.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 14, 2009, 8:28:24 AM9/14/09
In article <6pSdnVK8Ien9djDX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article <WPadnSZ8MLqaVTDX...@supernews.com>,

> >> This and a couple of your other recent replies has me wondering if
> >> prolonged exposure to the worst Sci-Fi/Syfy has to offer, has caused
> >> permanent brain damage. :-( We've warned you away from Skiffy
> >> Originals, but still you watch.
> >
> > I watched the last season of Charmed. Nothing Cuoco could ever do
> > could wash the stench of that out of my brain.
>
> Isn't it possible that Kaley could have grown as an actress between the
> last season of "Charmed" and Season 1 of "The Big Bang Theory" ?

The way Brannon Braga grew as an writer in the 73 years he wrote Star
Trek?

Anim8rFSK

Sep 14, 2009, 8:29:17 AM9/14/09
In article <6pSdnVK8Ien9djDX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ps. An Idaho spud has more talent than Kelly Lee Ripa.

Yes

1: Spud
B: Kelly Lee
Distant third: Cuacokoo

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 9:30:39 AM9/14/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <6pSdnVK8Ien9djDX...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> ps. An Idaho spud has more talent than Kelly Lee Ripa.
>
> Yes
>
> 1: Spud
> B: Kelly Lee
> Distant third: Cuacokoo

IMHO, you're flat *wrong* about Kaley Cuoco. On TBBT, she's very
good~excellent. Maybe she's not acting (much); maybe that's essentially
her, but on *that* show, she *fits* . There's nothing wrong with that
as far as TBBT is concerned. It's too bad that you can't see that,
can't enjoy that show because she's on it, because it's *your* loss.

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 9:22:38 AM9/14/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <6pSdnVK8Ien9djDX...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Anim8rFSK wrote:

>>> I watched the last season of Charmed. Nothing Cuoco could ever do
>>> could wash the stench of that out of my brain.
>>
>> Isn't it possible that Kaley could have grown as an actress between
>> the last season of "Charmed" and Season 1 of "The Big Bang Theory" ?
>
> The way Brannon Braga grew as an writer in the 73 years he wrote Star
> Trek?

*SIGH* That argument is invalid.

Obveeus

Sep 14, 2009, 10:22:16 AM9/14/09

"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> IMHO, you're flat *wrong* about Kaley Cuoco. On TBBT, she's very
> good~excellent.

I'll side with Anim8rFSK on this one. Kaley Cuoco is weak as an actress and
it shows.
When watching the show there is always an underlying question about why even
these guys would want to hang around her.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 14, 2009, 11:23:09 AM9/14/09
In article <vKadnYkpT9sK2DPX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article <6pSdnVK8Ien9djDX...@supernews.com>,
> > "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> ps. An Idaho spud has more talent than Kelly Lee Ripa.
> >
> > Yes
> >
> > 1: Spud
> > B: Kelly Lee
> > Distant third: Cuacokoo
>
> IMHO, you're flat *wrong* about Kaley Cuoco. On TBBT, she's very
> good~excellent. Maybe she's not acting (much); maybe that's essentially
> her, but on *that* show, she *fits* . There's nothing wrong with that
> as far as TBBT is concerned. It's too bad that you can't see that,
> can't enjoy that show because she's on it, because it's *your* loss.

I've watched one ep of TBBT; the one with CamBot. I don't not watch it
because of her; I don't care enough about her one way or the other. But
my sampling of TBBT showed her to be playing the same vapid annoying
brainless homely wretch she did on Charmed, and what's more, not even
doing a good job of it.

Mac Breck

Sep 14, 2009, 11:47:13 AM9/14/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <vKadnYkpT9sK2DPX...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Anim8rFSK wrote:

>>> Yes
>>>
>>> 1: Spud
>>> B: Kelly Lee
>>> Distant third: Cuacokoo
>>
>> IMHO, you're flat *wrong* about Kaley Cuoco. On TBBT, she's very
>> good~excellent. Maybe she's not acting (much); maybe that's
>> essentially her, but on *that* show, she *fits* . There's nothing
>> wrong with that as far as TBBT is concerned. It's too bad that you
>> can't see that, can't enjoy that show because she's on it, because
>> it's *your* loss.
>
> I've watched one ep of TBBT; the one with CamBot. I don't not watch
> it because of her; I don't care enough about her one way or the
> other. But my sampling of TBBT showed her to be playing the same
> vapid annoying brainless

"Vapid annoying brainless" ? She's a WAITRESS. What did you expect, an
Einstein? She has smarts in the ways that the guys don't. They
*complement* each other.

"Homely" ? She played "frumpy & unkempt" in *ONE* episode, the addicted
to online gaming episode. Man, you really need to get your glasses Rx
checked.
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/gallery/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/kaley-cuoco-bikini-mens-health.jpg

http://www.kaleycuoco.com.ar/pictures/kaley-cuoco2.jpg

> homely wretch she did on Charmed, and what's
> more, not even doing a good job of it.

You've jumped to a conclusion probably based upon seeing almost nothing
of Kaley in TBBT. Your mileage varies, and you're not going to change
your mind. So be it. I've tried to show you the light; you won't. I'm
done here.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 14, 2009, 4:09:25 PM9/14/09
In article <i5SdnXvUbt0U-DPX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Homely. She's like Suzanne Somers, that everybody made a fuss about
'cause she was blonde, but if you looked at her face, she was genuinelly
ugly.

> to online gaming episode. Man, you really need to get your glasses Rx
> checked.
> http://www.beyondhollywood.com/gallery/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/kaley-cuoco-
> bikini-mens-health.jpg
>
> http://www.kaleycuoco.com.ar/pictures/kaley-cuoco2.jpg
>

> > homely wretch she did on Charmed, and what's
> > more, not even doing a good job of it.
>
> You've jumped to a conclusion probably based upon seeing almost nothing
> of Kaley in TBBT. Your mileage varies, and you're not going to change
> your mind. So be it. I've tried to show you the light; you won't. I'm
> done here.

That's fine. I don't care if you like her Mac; I'm allowed not to.

peachyashiepassion

Sep 14, 2009, 6:30:56 PM9/14/09

Oh really?

Ian Galbraith

Sep 14, 2009, 11:04:15 PM9/14/09

I reckon its pretty obvious.

--
"Mm, I wouldn't dream of interfering." Mark made for the door. "Though
I'm not at all sure I'd choose to structure my most intimate relationship

Anim8rFSK

Sep 15, 2009, 12:33:07 AM9/15/09
In article <14n9x3u58b1a5$.fiw2y6plmxe0$.d...@40tude.net>,
Ian Galbraith <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:22:16 -0400, Obveeus wrote:
>
> > "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> IMHO, you're flat *wrong* about Kaley Cuoco. On TBBT, she's very
> >> good~excellent.
> >
> > I'll side with Anim8rFSK on this one. Kaley Cuoco is weak as an actress
> > and
> > it shows.
> > When watching the show there is always an underlying question about why
> > even
> > these guys would want to hang around her.
>
> I reckon its pretty obvious.

heh

Mac Breck

Sep 15, 2009, 2:21:38 AM9/15/09

He gets it for the articles. ;-)

Now and then I used to pick up the Christmas issue (i.e. not every
year), but have been losing interest in the Playboy because the girls
all look sooo plastic, sooo unreal.

Mac Breck

Sep 15, 2009, 2:56:41 AM9/15/09

BS, utter BS. Kaley is *not* ugly. Sheesh, sometimes you go too far,
....way, waaaaaaay too far. She may not be stunningly beautiful, but
she's attractive and yet attainable on the show, has a great body, and
has that sort of a girl-next-door look, which *fits* with her TBBT
character. Looks-wise, she's way out of the guys' league, and it's
unlikely that she'd hang around with them.

I don't like to call _anybody_ ugly, but some people who would be closer
to that end of the spectrum would be Whoopi Goldberg, Grace Jones, Linda
Hunt and Rosie O'Donnell. You look at Kaley's face and say ugly. I
look at the whole package (e.g. her character on TBBT) and say damned
fine. Also, in real life, none of us would have even the slightest
chance with her.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 15, 2009, 3:44:22 AM9/15/09

No, I didn't. I said Suzanne Somers was ugly. I said Kale was homely.

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 15, 2009, 4:05:58 AM9/15/09
Mac Breck <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>peachyashiepassion wrote:
>>Obveeus wrote:

>>>Speaking of which, Playboy Magazine has an article/photo spread on
>>>the vampire themed shows this month.

>>Oh really?

>He gets it for the articles. ;-)

>Now and then I used to pick up the Christmas issue (i.e. not every
>year), but have been losing interest in the Playboy because the girls
>all look sooo plastic, sooo unreal.

'70's pr0n was better.

Mac Breck

Sep 15, 2009, 10:18:41 AM9/15/09

<shrug> It was also grainier (a film term) and hairier (unshaven).

Obveeus

Sep 15, 2009, 10:42:18 AM9/15/09

"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> '70's pr0n was better.
>
> <shrug> It was also grainier (a film term) and hairier (unshaven).

Nowadays, any porn film that showed pubic hair would be considered a fetish
flick.

~ consul

Sep 15, 2009, 2:35:33 PM9/15/09
and thus Mac Breck inscribed ...
> I don't like to call _anybody_ ugly, but some people who would be closer
> to that end of the spectrum would be Whoopi Goldberg, Grace Jones, Linda
> Hunt and Rosie O'Donnell. You look at Kaley's face and say ugly. I

Grace Jones? Your list has folks who are plumpy and the face is kinda weird, but I don't see Grace Jones as part of that.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here, at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, consul -x- <<poetry.dolphins-cove.com>>

peachyashiepassion

Sep 15, 2009, 6:01:30 PM9/15/09
Mac Breck wrote:
> peachyashiepassion wrote:
>> Obveeus wrote:

>>> Speaking of which, Playboy Magazine has an article/photo spread on
>>> the vampire themed shows this month.
>>>

>> Oh really?
>
> He gets it for the articles. ;-)
>
> Now and then I used to pick up the Christmas issue (i.e. not every
> year), but have been losing interest in the Playboy because the girls
> all look sooo plastic, sooo unreal.

Oh, I still love them. Playboy shoots are so pretty and so fun.

Mac Breck

Sep 15, 2009, 9:56:19 PM9/15/09
~ consul wrote:
> and thus Mac Breck inscribed ...
>> I don't like to call _anybody_ ugly, but some people who would be
>> closer to that end of the spectrum would be Whoopi Goldberg, Grace
>> Jones, Linda Hunt and Rosie O'Donnell. You look at Kaley's face and
>> say ugly. I
>
> Grace Jones? Your list has folks who are plumpy and the face is kinda
> weird, but I don't see Grace Jones as part of that.

She is, to me.

Mac Breck

Sep 15, 2009, 9:57:08 PM9/15/09

??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 15, 2009, 10:23:00 PM9/15/09
Mac Breck wrote:
> ~ consul wrote:
>> and thus Mac Breck inscribed ...
>>> I don't like to call _anybody_ ugly, but some people who would be
>>> closer to that end of the spectrum would be Whoopi Goldberg, Grace
>>> Jones, Linda Hunt and Rosie O'Donnell. You look at Kaley's face and
>>> say ugly. I
>> Grace Jones? Your list has folks who are plumpy and the face is kinda
>> weird, but I don't see Grace Jones as part of that.
>
> She is, to me.

Grace Jones is one of those people who comes across as "ugly" because of
her attitude. The constant snarling, baring canines and acting like a
wild animal make the shape of her body irrelevant. IMO and all that but
in all seriousness my reaction to her is to look for a weapon.

--
Things I learned from Usenet #29: Do not chew the peach.
Veni, Vidi, Snarki.

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 15, 2009, 10:24:32 PM9/15/09
Mac Breck wrote:
> peachyashiepassion wrote:
>> Mac Breck wrote:

>>> He gets it for the articles. ;-)
>>>
>>> Now and then I used to pick up the Christmas issue (i.e. not every
>>> year), but have been losing interest in the Playboy because the girls
>>> all look sooo plastic, sooo unreal.
>>>
>> Oh, I still love them. Playboy shoots are so pretty and so fun.
>
> ??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.

Hef's daughter (who has been running the Playboy empire for a couple
decades now) has publicly said that one of her proudest moments was when
the magazine became read by more women than men.

Yes, I'm serious.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 16, 2009, 12:25:35 AM9/16/09
In article <NbKdncjns4pi2C3X...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> peachyashiepassion wrote:
> > Mac Breck wrote:

> >> He gets it for the articles. ;-)
> >>
> >> Now and then I used to pick up the Christmas issue (i.e. not every
> >> year), but have been losing interest in the Playboy because the girls
> >> all look sooo plastic, sooo unreal.
> >>

> > Oh, I still love them. Playboy shoots are so pretty and so fun.
>
> ??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.

I did

Mac Breck

Sep 16, 2009, 6:09:42 AM9/16/09
Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> Mac Breck wrote:
>> peachyashiepassion wrote:

>>> Oh, I still love them. Playboy shoots are so pretty and so fun.
>>
>> ??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.
>>
> Hef's daughter (who has been running the Playboy empire for a couple
> decades now) has publicly said that one of her proudest moments was
> when the magazine became read by more women than men.
>
> Yes, I'm serious.

Hef's daughter and Bonnie Hammer out to hit it off great. (I'm sure I
don't have to explain the parallels to you.)

Mac Breck

Sep 16, 2009, 6:17:13 AM9/16/09

My reaction is to wonder if she's really a she, and no I'm not
interested in looking at any pictures of her to verify his/her gender.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 16, 2009, 11:52:57 AM9/16/09
In article <EZmdnVuptZGoJi3X...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> > Mac Breck wrote:
> >>
> >> She is, to me.
> >>
> > Grace Jones is one of those people who comes across as "ugly" because
> > of her attitude. The constant snarling, baring canines and acting
> > like a wild animal make the shape of her body irrelevant. IMO and
> > all that but in all seriousness my reaction to her is to look for a
> > weapon.
>
> My reaction is to wonder if she's really a she, and no I'm not
> interested in looking at any pictures of her to verify his/her gender.

I think Kaley is really a she, just not a particularly attractive she.

Mac Breck

Sep 16, 2009, 6:39:21 PM9/16/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <EZmdnVuptZGoJi3X...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> *Grace* *Jones* is one of those people who comes across as "ugly"

>>> because of her attitude. The constant snarling, baring canines and
>>> acting like a wild animal make the shape of her body irrelevant.
>>> IMO and all that but in all seriousness my reaction to her is to
>>> look for a weapon.
>>
>> My reaction is to wonder if she's really a she, and no I'm not
>> interested in looking at any pictures of her to verify his/her
>> gender.
>
> I think Kaley is really a she, just not a particularly attractive she.

We were talking about *Grace* *Jones* you silly ninkinpoop.

peachyashiepassion

Sep 16, 2009, 7:41:49 PM9/16/09
Mac Breck wrote:
> peachyashiepassion wrote:
>> Mac Breck wrote:

>>> He gets it for the articles. ;-)
>>>
>>> Now and then I used to pick up the Christmas issue (i.e. not every
>>> year), but have been losing interest in the Playboy because the girls
>>> all look sooo plastic, sooo unreal.
>>>
>> Oh, I still love them. Playboy shoots are so pretty and so fun.
>
> ??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.

What were you expecting?

peachyashiepassion

Sep 16, 2009, 7:42:19 PM9/16/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <NbKdncjns4pi2C3X...@supernews.com>,
> "Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> peachyashiepassion wrote:

>>> Oh, I still love them. Playboy shoots are so pretty and so fun.
>> ??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.
>
> I did

It's almost getting scary how well you know me.

Mac Breck

Sep 16, 2009, 8:00:46 PM9/16/09

I was expecting you, as a woman, to _hate_ the way Playboy portrays
women, especially in the last 20 years or so, as airbrushed to Hell &
back, mannequins, ...women with skin so lacking in imperfections that
they don't even look human.

peachyashiepassion

Sep 16, 2009, 8:21:38 PM9/16/09
Mac Breck wrote:
> peachyashiepassion wrote:
>> Mac Breck wrote:

>>> ??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.
>>>

>> What were you expecting?
>
> I was expecting you, as a woman, to _hate_ the way Playboy portrays
> women, especially in the last 20 years or so, as airbrushed to Hell &
> back, mannequins, ...women with skin so lacking in imperfections that
> they don't even look human.

Oh. I guess I was too busy admiring to notice that.

I like the glamour, the softness, the beauty.

*shrug*

it works for me.

Anim8rFSK

Sep 16, 2009, 10:15:55 PM9/16/09
In article <TbednQnX0bDW4SzX...@supernews.com>,
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> peachyashiepassion wrote:
> > Mac Breck wrote:

> >> ??? That certainly wasn't the response I expected.
> >>

> > What were you expecting?
>
> I was expecting you, as a woman, to _hate_ the way Playboy portrays
> women, especially in the last 20 years or so, as airbrushed to Hell &
> back, mannequins, ...women with skin so lacking in imperfections that
> they don't even look human.

Wait

Women are human???

Did I miss *another* memo!?!?

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 17, 2009, 1:06:28 AM9/17/09
Many, _many_ memos.

Obveeus

Sep 17, 2009, 7:03:21 AM9/17/09

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
> Wait
>
> Women are human???

This just in: Anim8r sees thinks women are just like cable...
both boxes too complicated for him to understand. ;-)

peachyashiepassion

Sep 17, 2009, 7:08:45 AM9/17/09

When you put it that way, women ARE just like cable.

Obveeus

Sep 17, 2009, 7:17:30 AM9/17/09

"peachyashiepassion" <exquisi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Tons of free options, but some men still turn to pay per view?

Anim8rFSK

Sep 17, 2009, 11:36:28 AM9/17/09
In article <h8t5b...@news3.newsguy.com>,
peachyashiepassion <exquisi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

My cable is currently laying out in the back yard pointed skyward with
coils of unconnected coax spilling out of the gaping conduit.