SyFy's Latest Offering: Knights of Bloodsteel

jewahe

Apr 21, 2009, 1:16:56 AM4/21/09
A four-hour movie event with Christopher Lloyd (Tesselink), David James
Elliot (John Serrogoth), Christopher Jacot (Aldric), Dru Viergever
(Berlak), Natasssia Malthe (Perfidia), & Mark Gibbon (Dragon Eye).

Thoughts, comments, rotten tomatoes....

--
JWH

A Watcher

Apr 21, 2009, 2:15:01 AM4/21/09

I tried to watch it. I couldn't do it though. I hated all of the
characters and wanted all of them to die.

peachy ashie passion

Apr 21, 2009, 7:34:25 AM4/21/09

And that was within the first 30 seconds. Ugh.

anim8rfsk

Apr 21, 2009, 11:08:29 PM4/21/09

This was incredibly and needlessly complicated, with all sorts of odd
backstory they kept dribbling out. Was this based on something, or
was it original for TV?

And what was with JAG slipping in and out of that weird mutant
Highlander accent?

Michael Urban

Apr 21, 2009, 11:39:21 PM4/21/09
In article <gsjkrl$9qv$1...@news.motzarella.org>,

jewahe <reg...@comcast.net> wrote:
>A four-hour movie event with Christopher Lloyd (Tesselink), David James
>Elliot (John Serrogoth), Christopher Jacot (Aldric), Dru Viergever
>(Berlak), Natasssia Malthe (Perfidia), & Mark Gibbon (Dragon Eye).

I wasn't expecting much - just a couple of hours of light fantasy
entertainment. I gave up somewhere in the first hour, and I was
trying very hard to be patient and hope for it to improve. It is
hard to believe that people could make something this bad and then
let it escape onto a network.

Merrick Baldelli

Apr 22, 2009, 3:18:11 AM4/22/09
On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 01:16:56 -0400, jewahe <reg...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Not watching it...

--
-=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
_( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli

Merrick Baldelli

Apr 22, 2009, 3:18:11 AM4/22/09
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 03:39:21 +0000 (UTC), ur...@panix.com (Michael
Urban) wrote:

>I wasn't expecting much - just a couple of hours of light fantasy
>entertainment. I gave up somewhere in the first hour, and I was
>trying very hard to be patient and hope for it to improve. It is
>hard to believe that people could make something this bad and then
>let it escape onto a network.

Thank Bonnie Hammer(ed) and her happy meth-addict crew. I'm
sure they thought it completely entertaining.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Apr 22, 2009, 10:55:06 AM4/22/09

Let me see... We had the 'Orcs', we had 'Elves', we had a version of
'Sauron'... Then we had poor David James Elliott (the JAG guy), who
is still handsome, but when even hubby comments on "what accent is
that?"... It was very, very bad. We watched a grand total of 3
minutes (waiting for things to end or something else to start
<smile>).

Horrible, awful, there are other negative adjectives, but they are not
for a public forum.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

rochrist

Apr 22, 2009, 11:33:00 AM4/22/09

I don't really understand how this shit happens. Is the same production
company responsible for all the original Sci-Fi movies? I don't
understand how they make it to the screen. A pack of monkeys with
typewriters and cameras could do a better job than most of these things.
The Center of the Earth thing might have been the single worst effort
I've ever seen, anywhere. I'm sure there would be a solid market for
good b movies, but this stuff is so awful, I'd rather watch two straight
hours of that fish singing 'Gimme back that fillet o fish, give me that
fish! Ooooo!'

Really.

s...@panix.com

Apr 22, 2009, 7:18:21 PM4/22/09
rochrist <roch...@charter.net> wrote:

: Really.

A pack of monkeys can usually write better than Sam Egan!

You know, I had just about gotten that fillet o fish commercial out of my
head! ("What if it was you hanging up on this wall? If it was you in that
sandwich, you wouldn't be happy at all!)

-SCH! (Stuart C. Hellinger s...@panix.com)

Anim8rFSK

Apr 23, 2009, 2:32:15 AM4/23/09
In article
<8bf22ed8-d26b-45ef...@d38g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,

And I've still got the second half to suffer through. :\

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline

Dimensional Traveler

Apr 23, 2009, 2:43:36 AM4/23/09
You do know, don't you, that you don't _have_ to watch the rest of it?

--
Veni, vidi, snarki.

Its all Peachy's fault!

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Apr 23, 2009, 10:43:02 AM4/23/09
On Apr 23, 12:32 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <8bf22ed8-d26b-45ef-85ec-bdcd32bbe...@d38g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,

>  "Smokie Darling (Annie)" <Barnabus1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > This was incredibly and needlessly complicated, with all sorts of odd
> > > backstory they kept dribbling out.  Was this based on something, or
> > > was it original for TV?
>
> > > And what was with JAG slipping in and out of that weird mutant
> > > Highlander accent?
>
> > Let me see...  We had the 'Orcs', we had 'Elves', we had a version of
> > 'Sauron'...  Then we had poor David James Elliott (the JAG guy), who
> > is still handsome, but when even hubby comments on "what accent is
> > that?"...  It was very, very bad.  We watched a grand total of 3
> > minutes (waiting for things to end or something else to start
> > <smile>).
>
> > Horrible, awful, there are other negative adjectives, but they are not
> > for a public forum.
>
> > Smokie Darling (Annie)
>
> And I've still got the second half to suffer through.  :\

Why would you watch it? I couldn't even find fun in the badness of
it. That's the sad thing. There was *nothing* redeeming about it.

You could laugh at the bad makeup, you could laugh at the horrid
accents, you could laugh at what passed for a script, but it isn't
fun. But that would be like laughing at a Special Olympian because
they aren't like other athletes.

You can tell that the actors didn't think it was much fun either.
Sometimes, just watching an actor getting a kick out of his work is
worth a bad film.

Michael Bowker

Apr 23, 2009, 12:07:31 PM4/23/09

I watched the first half and haven't started the second, as well. Let
me know if it gets better in the second half.

Anim8rFSK

Apr 23, 2009, 2:15:52 PM4/23/09
In article
<674de638-9e65-49e9...@q33g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" <Barnab...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yep :(

> You could laugh at the bad makeup, you could laugh at the horrid
> accents, you could laugh at what passed for a script, but it isn't
> fun. But that would be like laughing at a Special Olympian because
> they aren't like other athletes.
>
> You can tell that the actors didn't think it was much fun either.
> Sometimes, just watching an actor getting a kick out of his work is
> worth a bad film.

Mostly I was looking at technical stuff, like "the dragons themselves
aren't bad, they just look stupid because of the way the background
plates were shot wrong" -- been there, done that.

Anim8rFSK

Apr 23, 2009, 2:16:05 PM4/23/09
In article <hs-dnTv4AKeiD23U...@posted.rawbandwidth>,
Michael Bowker <mi...@blueneptune.com> wrote:

you first

Michael Bowker

Apr 23, 2009, 9:01:01 PM4/23/09
to Anim8rFSK
Hwy that's not fair. I suggested it. :)

Dimensional Traveler

Apr 24, 2009, 1:14:46 AM4/24/09

Yes, yes you did volunteer. What did you think "suggesting it" was? :-P