AVATAR sucks

1 view

Raymond Speer

Dec 22, 2009, 8:26:32 AM12/22/09

It has no science fiction in it, only fantasy about skinny blue cat
people with human tits, even tho they are not placental mammals.

They have eyes as big as saucers, in spite of the fact they are active
throughout the day.

Though their skeltons are distorted like gibbons and tails do not issue
from their sternum but just jut out from above their butt, they walk
solidly on two feet.

They inhabit a terrestrial planet with floating mountains, an absolute
physical impossibility.

And they triumph at the end of the picture because God intervenes and
smites the infidel Earthers.

John Reiher

Dec 22, 2009, 4:58:11 PM12/22/09
In article <25921-4B3...@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net>,
ray...@webtv.net (Raymond Speer) wrote:

Yeah but... It sure was purty!

erilar

Dec 22, 2009, 9:12:03 PM12/22/09
In article <25921-4B3...@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net>,
ray...@webtv.net (Raymond Speer) wrote:

> It has no science fiction in it, only fantasy about skinny blue cat
> people with human tits, even tho they are not placental mammals.

Lie! You obviously have no idea of what science fiction is.

> They have eyes as big as saucers, in spite of the fact they are active
> throughout the day.

Oh, you know how much light in which spectra their sun emits, do you?

> Though their skeltons are distorted like gibbons and tails do not issue
> from their sternum but just jut out from above their butt, they walk
> solidly on two feet.

They're incredibly graceful and fascinating.

> They inhabit a terrestrial planet with floating mountains, an absolute
> physical impossibility.

Ah, you're also an expert on this unknown floating element the greedy
corporate-sponsored humans want to wreck the planet for? Or didn't you
see the movie? Even in a small theater I noticed the stuff floats in
the air in their lab.

> And they triumph at the end of the picture because God intervenes and
> smites the infidel Earthers.

You really paid attention to the description of the planet-wide
connections. A planet-wide consciousness is obviously beyond your
comprehension, but it's nothing new in science fiction.

Oh, that's right! You've never read any science fiction.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Dec 23, 2009, 11:22:25 AM12/23/09
erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote in

> In article <25921-4B3...@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net>,
> ray...@webtv.net (Raymond Speer) wrote:
>
>> It has no science fiction in it, only fantasy about skinny blue
>> cat people with human tits, even tho they are not placental
>> mammals.
>
> Lie! You obviously have no idea of what science fiction is.

You are an idiot.

>> They have eyes as big as saucers, in spite of the fact they are
>> active throughout the day.
>
> Oh, you know how much light in which spectra their sun emits, do
> you?
>
>> Though their skeltons are distorted like gibbons and tails do
>> not issue from their sternum but just jut out from above their
>> butt, they walk solidly on two feet.
>
> They're incredibly graceful and fascinating.
>>
>> They inhabit a terrestrial planet with floating mountains, an
>> absolute physical impossibility.
>
> Ah, you're also an expert on this unknown floating element
> the greedy
> corporate-sponsored humans want to wreck the planet for?

Phycists the world over are laughing at you, retard. Seriously.
There is no conceivable mechanism by which mountains can float.
Period. Anti-gravity? Then why don't they fly apart at the atomic
level? Maybe they're living mountains, and just fart so much they
fly.

Dumbass.

> Or
> didn't you see the movie? Even in a small theater I noticed the
> stuff floats in the air in their lab.
>>
>> And they triumph at the end of the picture because God
>> intervenes and smites the infidel Earthers.
>
> You really paid attention to the description of the planet-wide
> connections. A planet-wide consciousness is obviously beyond
> your comprehension, but it's nothing new in science fiction.
>
> Oh, that's right! You've never read any science fiction.

It's fantasy, retard, pure and simple. Get over it. Or not.
Dumbass. Go mastrubate to your furry porn some more, cuz you're
never going to get any from a real, live gurl, even with Mummy's
credit card.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

erilar

Dec 23, 2009, 12:29:48 PM12/23/09
In article <Xns9CEA5F5A960...@69.16.186.50>,
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

REALLY earned killfiling today.

wink...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2009, 12:30:43 PM12/23/09
erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote in news:drache-
9F7172.112...@news.eternal-september.org:

> In article <Xns9CEA5F5A960...@69.16.186.50>,
> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
>
> REALLY earned killfiling today.

Can't handle the truth, eh? Can't handle that you like a movie that
normal people think sucks throbbing, purple donkey dick, eh? Can't
hand that you're so fucking stupid you think flying mountains are
anything other than *bad* fantasy.

If 'tards like you like it, this movie can't *possibly* not suck. I
wasn't inclined to see it anyway - who wants to see a movie that
Cameron couldn't get made until he no longer had to justify his
budget with, you know, good ideas and shit - but now it's definite,
because of you.

Avoid normal situations.

Dec 23, 2009, 4:51:08 PM12/23/09
erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
> In article <Xns9CEA5F5A960...@69.16.186.50>,
> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

> REALLY earned killfiling today.

What took you so long?

--
alt.flame Special Forces
"It is providential that the youth or man of inventive mind is not 'blessed'

rochrist

Dec 23, 2009, 10:42:47 PM12/23/09
wink...@gmail.com wrote:
> erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote in news:drache-
> 9F7172.112...@news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> In article <Xns9CEA5F5A960...@69.16.186.50>,
>> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
>>
>> REALLY earned killfiling today.
>>

> Can't handle the truth, eh? Can't handle that you like a movie that
> normal people think sucks throbbing, purple donkey dick, eh? Can't
> hand that you're so fucking stupid you think flying mountains are
> anything other than *bad* fantasy.
>
> If 'tards like you like it, this movie can't *possibly* not suck. I
> wasn't inclined to see it anyway - who wants to see a movie that
> Cameron couldn't get made until he no longer had to justify his
> budget with, you know, good ideas and shit - but now it's definite,
> because of you.

Is it going to bug you when the boxoffice for it breaks one billion Winky?

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Dec 24, 2009, 11:03:21 AM12/24/09
rochrist <roch...@charter.net> wrote in

Not in the least. Most movies with large box offices do, in fact,
suck throbbing purple donkey dick. Mindless drivel for a mindless
audience. You know, folks like you.

Mick Russom

Jan 4, 2010, 5:20:50 PM1/4/10
On Dec 22 2009, 5:26 am, rays...@webtv.net (Raymond Speer) wrote:
> It has no science fiction in it, only fantasy about skinny blue cat
> people with human tits, even tho they are not placental mammals.

Avatar stunk to high-hell. If it weren't for Cameron's Abyss, Aliens
and T2, this movie would be derided, lampooned and called out for the
pile of festering caramelized feculent slime that it is.

This movie is rife with terrible acting, horrific dialogue, and its
'message' is delivered through constant abuse of moral hazards. We
have moral relativism, betrayal and treason being perpetrated for the
greater good. The greater good of course being subjective so a movie
like this promulgates the idea that all crimes against any state or
authoritative entity are justifiable.

This was a 3D wrapped celluloid that without the stunning (yet stupid
looking, e.g., blue-cat-deer-women with human breasts) visuals would,
especially in novel form, be a bloody laughing stock.

The aliens stunk horribly. What's with the talking bi-peds with two
eyes, a nose and a mouth. Has it ever occurred to these so called
"creative" people that new life might be a colony of nano-bots, a
slime mold with group intelligence, life that aspirates with copper
based blood, non-DNA self replicating life forms? Why is everything a
blue monkey with breasts? At least in 1969 when Star Trek was
populated with "old-form" Klingons that looked like a bronzed human
they were on a near-zero budget, but at least they were totally re-
defining sci-fi and giving a window into the future. Also of note in
this mediocrity contests, gravity on Pandora is for everything but the
floating rocks? The physics, weaponry, strategy of the military and
the plausibility of the whole thing is beyond fantasy, its moronic and
so implausible that its distracting and ridiculous. No, this isn't
Blade Runner, Terminator, BSG, Star Trek. This is like getting crystal-
skull-raped.

Crap like Avatar, especially after T2, Star Trek, Star Wars (Ep 4,5
only), is shocking. Its showing that Cameron is a master of marketing
mass subscribed explosion fests laced with politically motivated
parables and drivel and sub-themed with nothing intellectual because
there is nothing beyond the visual veneer, it is fundamentally puerile
trash that's been hussied up to look like way more than it actually
is. It is trash which is the opiates of the McDonald's eating masses.

Anyone who defends this movie is simply a below average or nearly
average mind that can't see past visuals that are no more complex of a
stimulus than a piece of string is as a cat toy. They are incapable of
rational or critical thought and are very likely a wage slave heavily
in debt working towards no particular end, lost in life, and movies
like this are a form of escapism where they "want to believe" and
become immersed in something because their own lives are basically
mundane, insignificant and unimportant.

Moral hazards. Identity politics. Thinly veiled political positions.
Preaching to the customer/consumer/viewer. Moral relativism. Severe
lack of plot, dialogue and finally acting capability.

This is a turning point for the world. It is showing how things that
stimulate basal sensory centers in the simplistic human mind lead the
herd into mindless oblivion.

The Navi are flawless, they have no strata in their society or any
inter-tribal strife. This in and of itself is unrealistic. The bad
guys here are 100% bad, and have no capacity for rational thinking or
empathy, except scientists in white coats, they have all the wisdom,
empathy and intelligence and are always right. The characters were
utterly simplistic, like toys and images made for pre-verbal children.
Its like having tele-tubbies broadcast in massively expensive
exquisite 3D where every frame is lovingly crafted to present to you
some of the flattest, most uninspiring characters ever created.

This movie is clearly well below average, if you liked it you are the
reason Hollywood is cranking out garbage these days. This man spent 10
times what District 9 costs and made a movie far worse, (not that
District9 was any benchmark or the cat's meow), and this huge budget
could have given 10 directors a shot at making something good. No
wonder Linda Hamilton divorced this drunken train wreck of a truck
driver idiot Cameron.

The movie itself is a total sham. The message people walk away from
is: down with the evil empire, down with the mercenaries, down with
planet destroying mining and down with …. (list goes on)

So it takes a crippled jar head to save the Navi because they are too
stupid or incompetent to do this for themselves? That seems rather
insulting of the noble savage. Since when to bows and arrows bounce
off of glass in one part and then start "working" in the next part? So
Cameron exposes corporatism by marketing his movie with McDonalds? So
people who have access to a neural network biological super computer
are meant to be clueless idiots? Did anyone ever note that Jake Sully
lead the Navi into a total disaster. They totally lost the fight. And
just when the battle needed winning the biological computer (which was
supposedly only interested in maintaining balance and not interfering)
somehow sends in the rhino creatures for the win. Even though the
rhino creatures arent linked in. So Jake Sully, without the pathetic
plot device of God stepping in and saving the day, was going to
completely destroy this noble savage society. And most of the efficacy
of the attack was due to his detailed plans he fed to the mercenaries.
It would seem this is an added insult to the noble savages they are
too dumb to see an enemy in Jake Sully. Why do all the noble savage
natives gyrate around the tree of glowing idiocy? Other noble savages
in history have performed vivisection, human sacrifice, cannibalism,
self mutilation and self flagellation - so are we to assume these blue
fools are doing just gyration and none of the other reprehensible
behavior or are these savages?

A large number of the scenes involve idiot level interaction with the
planet flora and fauna. A large portion of this movie was dedicated to
"getting to know Pandora," through clumsy interactions with the
animals. Lots of grunting, snorting and idiot displays of animals that
are identical to various living earth creatures and dinosaurs with an
extra leg here, a hammer-head shark nose put on a rhino, and other
totally idiotic modifications to existing earth creatures to make them
aliens. An extra eye here or there, a nasal sail on the big red
pterodactyl (sails were often used to help cool blood so a small nasal
sail would not be effective, also, the sail was shown to be bone which
would make the sail ineffective and add unnecessary weight to a flying
creature). The ion-sail spaceship can't reach the speed of light, and
even if it got to relativistic speeds (0.94c and up), it would require
that as much of the journey is spent decelerating as accelerating.
This rules out a 5 year journey to Alpha Centurai. Did you notice the
Navi are basically double-sized humans (I hope they have a greatly
improved vascular system or two hearts), with biceps, triceps gluts
quadriceps like humans evolved on earth. But they have cat eyes, deer
ears and a stupid nose. And they have 100% carbon copy human feet. I
guess this is the most efficient foot design for bi-peds? Probably
not, especially if they spent any significant time in trees, they
would have feet that were better at gripping than transferring force
across an area. Again, Cameron's juvenile imagination is pathetic. A
magnetic field strong enough to levitate mountains would probably do a
whole lot more than just mess with instruments. It would *certainly*
prevent remote communication with an Avatar body. By the way, where is
the bio-mechanical interface for receiving and transmitting input
output from/to the Avatar from the control stations? Oh yeah, and
latency isn't an issue here? Also, a planet wide brain would not
function well as the latency (especially in terms of biological
electrical signal propagation) would really make such a large single
brain model impossible. More likely it would have multiple brains
interlinked (there are jellyfish that have multiple shared brains). I
would doubt that the large brain would function, or the distributed
brain model would be very intelligent at all. I also wonder how a
planet with an air atmosphere thick enough to allow helicopters to
operate would likely not have a gravity substantially different from
9.8ms2. The magnetosphere and gravity required for an atmosphere
requires a magnetic dynamo mechanism to keep the atmosphere from being
blown away and smaller planets, like mars, lose atmosphere very
quickly. Especially in the radiation-wind of a gas giant. Also, the
proximity to a gas giant is likely to cause tidal locking and prevent
rotation relative to the gas giant (which, given the solar system's
gas giant and its distance from the star would cause massive changes
in environment, and gas giants emit quite a bit of radiation, and
using the sol model, this would likely make the bulk of the thermal
inputs coming from the gas giant) and expose moons like Pandora to
likely fatal cyclotron radiation. Also gas giants compress via the
Kelvin–Helmholtz mechanism , and given the geological time scales
required for live to evolve, they radiation output and thermal outputs
of the gas giant would change too quickly. Also, the gas giant as
depicted in the movie was rotating impossibly fast.

Cameron has one theme potentially right in his films. Until the humans
are smart enough to stop paying for complete drivel like Avatar, the
society will degrade into a dystopian idocracy. The only complaint I
have with this vision is people dumb enough to keep putting up with
this trash won't be capable of interstellar travel.

This block-bustering famous director / famous actor garbage has to
stop.

Greg Goss

Jan 4, 2010, 6:45:38 PM1/4/10
Mick Russom <mickr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The aliens stunk horribly. What's with the talking bi-peds with two
>eyes, a nose and a mouth. Has it ever occurred to these so called
>"creative" people that new life might be a colony of nano-bots, a
>slime mold with group intelligence, life that aspirates with copper
>based blood, non-DNA self replicating life forms?

Copper? Copper based blood would mean that their skin would be
bluish. Hmmmm.

The backstory, given on the website provided by the company, and by
Cameron in interviews says explicitly that these guys don't use DNA.

>The Navi are flawless, they have no strata in their society or any
>inter-tribal strife. This in and of itself is unrealistic. The bad
>guys here are 100% bad, and have no capacity for rational thinking or
>empathy, except scientists in white coats,

One of the gunship captains backed off during the battle that involved
shooting at unarmed civilians. She later became a full conspirator.

--
Tomorrow is today already.
Greg Goss, 1989-01-27

Paul Colquhoun

Jan 4, 2010, 10:16:09 PM1/4/10
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:20:50 -0800 (PST), Mick Russom <mickr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
| On Dec 22 2009, 5:26 am, rays...@webtv.net (Raymond Speer) wrote:
|> It has no science fiction in it, only fantasy about skinny blue cat
|> people with human tits, even tho they are not placental mammals.

| Anyone who defends this movie is simply a below average or nearly
| average mind that can't see past visuals that are no more complex of a
| stimulus than a piece of string is as a cat toy. They are incapable of
| rational or critical thought and are very likely a wage slave heavily
| in debt working towards no particular end, lost in life, and movies
| like this are a form of escapism where they "want to believe" and
| become immersed in something because their own lives are basically
| mundane, insignificant and unimportant.

Pre-emptively insulting anybody who disagrees with you. Such a rational,
polite discussion strategy you have.

| The Navi are flawless, they have no strata in their society or any
| inter-tribal strife. This in and of itself is unrealistic. The bad

So the tribal Chief and High Priestess, were just in my imagination,
then.

And if there was no inter-tribal strife, why did Jake need to tame the
big flyer and unite the tribes, and why was this such a rare event?

| guys here are 100% bad, and have no capacity for rational thinking or
| empathy, except scientists in white coats, they have all the wisdom,
| empathy and intelligence and are always right. The characters were

Did I see the same movie? The scientists were as biased as the military,
in some areas, at least. Study, take samples, don't bother asking the
natives for their opinion.

--
Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:

rochrist

Jan 5, 2010, 1:04:52 PM1/5/10
> planet destroying mining and down with �. (list goes on)
> Kelvin�Helmholtz mechanism , and given the geological time scales

> required for live to evolve, they radiation output and thermal outputs
> of the gas giant would change too quickly. Also, the gas giant as
> depicted in the movie was rotating impossibly fast.
>
> Cameron has one theme potentially right in his films. Until the humans
> are smart enough to stop paying for complete drivel like Avatar, the
> society will degrade into a dystopian idocracy. The only complaint I
> have with this vision is people dumb enough to keep putting up with
> this trash won't be capable of interstellar travel.
>
> This block-bustering famous director / famous actor garbage has to
> stop.

Feel better now?

Thats one /bad/ piece of writing.

Mike Van Pelt

Jan 7, 2010, 7:00:31 PM1/7/10
In article <7qfcts...@mid.individual.net>,

Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
>The backstory, given on the website provided by the company, and by
>Cameron in interviews says explicitly that these guys don't use DNA.

Really? The movie said they did use DNA. They explicitly said they
created the avatar bodies by combining human and na'vi DNA.

(Note, I'm not defending that. It's about as preposterous as those
mountains that floated off a Roger Dean cover for a Yes album.)

--
Mike Van Pelt "If they're going to talk about
mvp.at.calweb.com Camelot, then we get to talk about

Greg Goss

Jan 7, 2010, 9:12:08 PM1/7/10
m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:

>In article <7qfcts...@mid.individual.net>,
>Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
>>The backstory, given on the website provided by the company, and by
>>Cameron in interviews says explicitly that these guys don't use DNA.
>
>Really? The movie said they did use DNA. They explicitly said they
>created the avatar bodies by combining human and na'vi DNA.
>
>(Note, I'm not defending that. It's about as preposterous as those
>mountains that floated off a Roger Dean cover for a Yes album.)

On the company sponsored "pandorapedia" they went into the
difficulties of transforming the coding from human DNA into the
non-DNA structures when cloning the brain structure that the body
imaging psi connection uses.

So a tiny portion of the brain is cloned from the human partner, while
the rest of the alien is build from completely inhuman coding.

http://www.pandorapedia.com/doku.php/the_avatar_program
>Since Na�vi don�t use DNA or RNA to carry their genetic information,
>producing a �translation table� that matched DNA with NVTranscriptase
>closely enough to allow a level of morphic resonance strong enough for
>communication to occur required months of computer time and multiple
>failed experiments, some of which caused irreparable trauma to
>volunteer subjects."

Mike Van Pelt

Jan 14, 2010, 7:48:45 PM1/14/10
In article <7qnijq...@mid.individual.net>,

Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
>On the company sponsored "pandorapedia" they went into the
>difficulties of transforming the coding from human DNA into the
>non-DNA structures when cloning the brain structure that the body
>imaging psi connection uses.

Ah.

I haven't read any of the background that wasn't in the movie.

I'm not sure whether I should or not... I suspect there are some
things (a lot of things) in this movie that work better the less
you think about them.

It was quite a ride, though. I probably will go see it again.

Just once, I'd like to see a good SF movie where the more you
think about it, the the better it gets. GATACA probably comes
closer than most.

Greg Goss

Jan 14, 2010, 11:44:15 PM1/14/10
m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:

>In article <7qnijq...@mid.individual.net>,
>Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
>>On the company sponsored "pandorapedia" they went into the
>>difficulties of transforming the coding from human DNA into the
>>non-DNA structures when cloning the brain structure that the body
>>imaging psi connection uses.
>
>Ah.
>
>I haven't read any of the background that wasn't in the movie.

Since I replied, I've seen a clip from the movie where a character IN
the movie talks about combining "human DNA and Na'vi DNA". So, if the
movie says DNA and some other place says "isn't DNA", then you have
the right to believe "DNA".

>I'm not sure whether I should or not... I suspect there are some
>things (a lot of things) in this movie that work better the less
>you think about them.

The spacecraft seems well enough designed. Lots of details on the
various web sites, but only on screen for two or three several-second
periods.

Dale Hicks

Jan 18, 2010, 10:34:34 PM1/18/10
In article <7qnijq...@mid.individual.net>, go...@gossg.org says...

> m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:
>
> >In article <7qfcts...@mid.individual.net>,
> >Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
> >>The backstory, given on the website provided by the company, and by
> >>Cameron in interviews says explicitly that these guys don't use DNA.
> >
> >Really? The movie said they did use DNA. They explicitly said they
> >created the avatar bodies by combining human and na'vi DNA.
> >
> >(Note, I'm not defending that. It's about as preposterous as those
> >mountains that floated off a Roger Dean cover for a Yes album.)
>
> On the company sponsored "pandorapedia" they went into the
> difficulties of transforming the coding from human DNA into the
> non-DNA structures when cloning the brain structure that the body
> imaging psi connection uses.
>
> So a tiny portion of the brain is cloned from the human partner, while
> the rest of the alien is build from completely inhuman coding.

Except for the extra finger?

--
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

Greg Goss

Jan 19, 2010, 4:58:41 AM1/19/10
Dale Hicks <a...@b.com> wrote:

There are some other side effects of the human DNA (according to the
pandorapedia site. The human toes are another side effect. I don't
remember what the difference is for the na'vi toes is -- perhaps a
more prehensile "thumb" for arboreal living.

Mick Russom

Jan 26, 2010, 8:48:44 PM1/26/10
On Jan 14, 4:48 pm, m...@web1.calweb.com (Mike Van Pelt) wrote:
> In article <7qnijqF9m...@mid.individual.net>,

> Greg Goss  <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
>
> >On the company sponsored "pandorapedia" they went into the
> >difficulties of transforming the coding from human DNA into the
> >non-DNA structures when cloning the brain structure that the body
> >imaging psi connection uses.
>
> Ah.
>
> I haven't read any of the background that wasn't in the movie.
>
> I'm not sure whether I should or not... I suspect there are some
> things (a lot of things) in this movie that work better the less
> you think about them.
>
> It was quite a ride, though.  I probably will go see it again.

McDonald's sells the most hamburgers but they are crap. Yet with your
logic, and the logic of the Avatard or Avatar fan, you celebrate crap
because its popular. You don't care that the hamburger is responsible
for deforestation using slash and burn farming (rather than
sustainable rotation), you don't care the ingredients are unsuitable
for human consumption. You like the taste and the price. You are a
feral prole seeking self pleasure. You want your BREAD and CIRCUS.
Doesn't matter if its good, bad, moral, amoral, toxic or not, you
don't give a hoot. You want to pleasure your brain.

You are celebrating the success of foisting corporatist crap on the
public, charging a premium for it and all through a movie that tries
to communicate that corporatism is morally reprehensible.

All this demonstrates:

1) People are generally stupid. And given how stupid the median
intelligence is, and half the people are dumber than that.

2) Crap outsells quality. That is why all the plastic crap in Walmart
is made in China. People are just too stupid to pay for or care for
quality. I can PROVE the toxicity of phthalates, alkylphenols,
bisphenol A (BPA), PBDEs, PCBs, PAHs, diglycidyl ether, PFCs and
leeching formaldehydes. I can PROVE it. And I can show you that
phthalates, alkylphenols, bisphenol A (BPA), PBDEs, PCBs, PAHs,
diglycidyl ether, PFCs leech from cheaply made products and poison
you. Yet you keep buying the stuff up.

3) A misguided notion that volume sales are a sign of success. So when
a certain drug company sells things like thalidomide or Viox at record
sales levels yet its later shown this trash is toxic and causes heart
attacks and birth defects, you would celebrate the commercial
success?

This movie allows idiots, dolts, dullards, mentally deficient persons,
addleheads, pinheads, dimwits, dodos, blockheads, boneheads, dopes,
nincompoops, dummies, microcephalics, coelenterates, ninnies, nitwits,
numbskulls, twits, momos, morons, imbeciles, cretins, dunces, fools,
ignoramuses, retards and the feeble minded to mentally masturbate, to
enjoy the BREAD and CIRCUS.

This movie has the following traps that have lead people who like this
movie (Avatards) down a pathetic path.

1) Escapism. Because reality is unbearable for these morons.
2) Justification. If you feel food about this movie you can't be
"wrong." It allows you to continue to live at standards of living
that are not justified by your intelligence level or value to humanity
and justify it all because of how you feel.
3) Allowing one's already weakened mind to be further perverted by
utterly simplistic and childish renditions of scenarios that are some
of the worst material for parables and demonstrations of societal
mores.
4) Lust. Celebrating the sexual predation of an interloper with a
primitive noble savage while said savage is going through vulnerable
circumstances.
5) Gluttony. You stuff your fat faces with toxic popcorn (oils in
popcorn when heated are very toxic), and artificially flavored candies
while you enjoy your BREAD and CIRCUS.
6) Extravagance. The pomp and flair of this spectacle and the
ridiculous budget that could have been better used to allow tens or
more directors a shot at making better films is simply extravagant all
channeled through a man with 5 ex wives and a huge helping of hubris.
7) Greed. The greedy nature of James Cameron and his pseudo
intellectual movie that portrays greed as evil yet this very vehicle,
the movie itself, was fostered out of greed and the love of money.
8) Apathetic listlessness. Those misanthropes who fester in melancholy
use this bread and circus to further justify their acediac
dispositions and behaviors. None of those who watched the movie
actually believe in true meritocracy, libertarianism or self
determination. They live in and actively produce a society which is
antagonistic towards liberty and self determination through the
creation of an authoritarian and autocratic state. Cameron uses the
deep seated rage against INGSOC and the oligarchies controlling
everything from cradle to grave to keep your morons to buy tickets and
love it all the while making a billionaire richer.
9) Despair. This movie allows the festering in sadness and despair to
not do something about it, but to gather for bread and cirus to make
the promoter rich while ignoring endemic issue on the society they are
pretending to rail against.
10) Again, another sedentary activity for the fat idiot moviegoer. The
average Avatard ate a daily allowance of food whilst doing nothing for
three hours. Then the same corpulent cowboy for freedom and justice
uses his sausage fingers to type praise for this piece of trash on
various forums.
11) Embracing rage. This movie depicts a an who is coursing with
anger, rage and wrath. He lead the noble savages poorly and every
executive decision he made was poor resulting in many deaths. It took
divine intervention to swing the tides of war. Yet the protagonist is
enjoyed as a hero. His rage, anger and wrath was satanic and nearly
cost the noble savages everything.
12) Envy. The protagonist was green with envy over the noble savages
carefree lifestyle and uncrippled/superior bodies. Not only would he
be able to walk, he would be superhuman. This protagonist was no uber
mensch. His Envy lead him to betray his own people, potentially
dooming millions/billions to loss of life without obtaining the needed
fuel to survive all to sate his envy.
13) Pride. This protagonist, despite being a disastrous executive,
smiles ear to ear after "his victory." Yet in the scenes depicted it
was divine intervention that saved the noble savages, not the
protagonist. Yet as he participates in the rounding of the people he
betrayed in a very fascistic manner he grins ear to ear with pride. He
is not only full of pride but also of great vanity. He was the
opposite of humble.

Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People
have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed
out military command, high civil office, legions - everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:

bread and circuses

(Juvenal, Satire 10.77-81) (c. 150AD)

Greg Goss

Jan 26, 2010, 11:27:45 PM1/26/10
Mick Russom <mickr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>McDonald's sells the most hamburgers but they are crap. Yet with your
>logic, and the logic of the Avatard or Avatar fan, you celebrate crap
>because its popular. You don't care that the hamburger is responsible
>for deforestation using slash and burn farming (rather than
>sustainable rotation), you don't care the ingredients are unsuitable
>for human consumption. You like the taste and the price. You are a
>feral prole seeking self pleasure. You want your BREAD and CIRCUS.
>Doesn't matter if its good, bad, moral, amoral, toxic or not, you
>don't give a hoot. You want to pleasure your brain.

McD doesn't use tropical rainforest beef, and slash and burn ceased in
its main target markets a century ago. How come Burger King buys the
evil product and McD always gets the blame for it?

"Buy Local" (well, same country at least) has always been a big part
of McD's business plan.

rochrist

Jan 27, 2010, 12:38:41 PM1/27/10

Tighten down your tinfoil hat there Sparky.