OT: Geometry 101

Jaime M. de Castellvi

Feb 4, 2004, 5:57:34 PM2/4/04
OK, so if you were to use straight lines to join the moles on Scarlett
Johansson's right cheek, what shape would you end up with? A square?
A rectangle? A trapezoid? And what would all the angles add up to?

Cheers,

Jaime

Paul Vader

Feb 5, 2004, 10:47:22 AM2/5/04
3c...@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) writes:
>OK, so if you were to use straight lines to join the moles on Scarlett
>Johansson's right cheek, what shape would you end up with? A square?

Who? *
like corkscrews.

Jaime M. de Castellvi

Feb 5, 2004, 7:17:08 PM2/5/04
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:47:22 -0000, pv+u...@pobox.com (Paul Vader)
wrote:

>3c...@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) writes:
>>OK, so if you were to use straight lines to join the moles on Scarlett
>>Johansson's right cheek, what shape would you end up with? A square?
>
>Who? *

Youngish new Mollywood flavour, NYer, Claire Danes kind of look,
artsci movies, looks like. Had a good year. You can catch her (main
*cutesy* roles) in _Lost in the Translation_, _Girl with a Pearl
Earring_ and _The Perfect Score_ almost all at once with a little
movietheatre hopping.

Cheers,

Jaime

Paul Vader

Feb 6, 2004, 5:20:00 PM2/6/04
3c...@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) writes:
>Youngish new Mollywood flavour, NYer, Claire Danes kind of look,
>artsci movies, looks like. Had a good year. You can catch her (main
>*cutesy* roles) in _Lost in the Translation_

Oh, she's Charlotte I assume? I didn't notice the moles, so I guess I can't
answer. She did have a strange aversion to wearing pants in that movie. *

Jaime M. de Castellvi

Feb 6, 2004, 9:33:52 PM2/6/04
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:20:00 -0000, pv+u...@pobox.com (Paul Vader)
wrote:

>3c...@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) writes:

>>Youngish new Mollywood flavour, NYer, Claire Danes kind of look,
>>artsci movies, looks like. Had a good year. You can catch her (main
>>*cutesy* roles) in _Lost in the Translation_
>
>Oh, she's Charlotte I assume? I didn't notice the moles, so I guess I can't
>answer. She did have a strange aversion to wearing pants in that movie. *

She did have that in common with Captain Infinity there, although it
may have been for slightly different reasons. She is shapely enough
in that department that I didn't mind though. Mind you, I'm not
saying that I would have minded with Captain Infinity either. Nor am
I saying that he is not plenty shapely. I'm not really saying what
you are thinking I'm saying. I'll say no more on this.

As for the moles, I noticed them vaguely in _Translation_ but did not
choose to amuse myself by counting them until _Pearl Earring_. There
seem to be exactly four of them but, try as I might to play "join the
dots" throughout the movie, I couldn't for the life of me figure out
whether I was dealing with a rectangle or a trapezoid.

Days later, this is still eating at me.

Cheers,

Jaime

Captain Infinity

Feb 6, 2004, 9:38:01 PM2/6/04
Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday

Jaime M. de Castellvi wrote:

>>She did have a strange aversion to wearing pants in that movie. *
>
>She did have that in common with Captain Infinity there, although it
>may have been for slightly different reasons. She is shapely enough
>in that department that I didn't mind though. Mind you, I'm not
>saying that I would have minded with Captain Infinity either. Nor am
>I saying that he is not plenty shapely. I'm not really saying what
>you are thinking I'm saying. I'll say no more on this.

Methinks you've already said *way* too much.

**
Captain Infinity
...it's 10:00 ...do you know where your pants are?

A.E. Jabbour

Feb 7, 2004, 2:00:32 AM2/7/04
In rec.arts.sf.tv Paul Vader <pv+u...@pobox.com> wrote:
> 3c...@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) writes:
>>OK, so if you were to use straight lines to join the moles on Scarlett
>>Johansson's right cheek, what shape would you end up with? A square?
>
> Who? *

Good lord, go rent GHOST WORLD! Granted, Johansson is not the main character,
Thora Birch is. But it is a wonderful, thoughtful, evocative film.

I have yet to see either LOST IN TRANSLATION or GIRL WITH A PEARL
EARRING but I will definitely see them soon, as they are both showing
at a theatre near me.

--
AE Jabbour

"We have an early winner for Least Likely to Be Named Feel-Good Movie of the Year."

Carlo Cavagna, re: "Irreversible"