Cos11 Sanken and Sennheiser EW100

Philippe

Feb 12, 2013, 7:03:19 AM2/12/13
It may have been talked about already,
but i have not been able to find a working wiring diagram between this transmitter and lav mike.
Although renting companies offer this combination, i already looked at the Sanken site and found diagrams for the Sennheiser SK series not EW.

Maybe somebody here could help me to improve my spare wireless system ?

Thanks to all

Philippe, Paris, France
Message has been deleted

mkuj...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2013, 12:29:42 PM2/12/13
Philippe, is this what you're looking for?
http://www.sanken-mic.com/en/qanda/index.cfm/20.73
Be advised that when I had Trew Audio wire up my Cos 11s, they used the black wire, not the white one as shown in the diagram.

Mike

Philippe

Feb 13, 2013, 12:43:25 PM2/13/13
Thank you very much,
but as said this is the SK wiring diagram, not the EW.
I just succeeded in wiring a COS 11 to a SONY UTBX1 yesterday (thanks to a japanese site !), now i am looking into the Sennheiser EW100

Any further help appreciated

Philippe, Paris France

marianna.la...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2013, 1:34:45 PM7/16/13
Hi. I don't know if you've already taken care of your question about wiring for the Sanken and the EW100s. I'm guessing, maybe you are talking about creating an adapter cable? In case not, just an fyi headsup, you can get (or make your own) an adapter cable, with a locking mechanism/3.mm male connector on one end (for the Sennheiser transmitter), and a Lemo tr5f 5-pin on the other cable end (for the Sanken COS lav mic)... a Lemo tr5f IF your Sanken lav has been wired for Lectrosonics wirelesses, that is!
If you end up not being able to do yourself, you can get cables made by Trew Audio here in the U.S. (and a local audio vendor here in the DC-area). They just need to know what type of Sanken lav, and of course, when you purchased it. They usually prefer you send the mic to them, so that they can use it to make sure the adapter cable is created successfully and that it works (and they are real quick in making the cables, and then sending all back to you. Very professional and knowledgeable, all things audio...).
Cheers,
Marianna

marianna.la...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2013, 1:38:18 PM7/16/13
btw, since you're in France, I'm sure you can call--or email!--Trew Audio for advice. Fyi, call the Los Angeles location, which is where they're repair shop is located ('Coffey Sound', which merged with Trew Audio recently)--not Vancouver or Atlanta, GA, for example.
www.trewaudio.com
And, maybe they have a Europe/France recommendation of someone in your neck-of-the-woods, an audio vendor, who can more closely help you, if you need more audio vendor locations beyond those you already know about.

marianna.la...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2013, 1:40:58 PM7/16/13
Whoops, sorry, in my original first post a few minutes ago, I actually meant, a locking mechanism/ '3.5mm' male connector...
slip-of-the-fingers mistake.

alessandro sdt

May 5, 2014, 6:00:30 AM5/5/14
just connect the black wire of the cos11 cable to the 3.5trs tip. Then both white wire and the ground to the sleeve.

Message has been deleted

alessandro sdt

May 5, 2014, 6:02:52 AM5/5/14
just connect the black wire of the cos11 cable to the tip of the 3.5trs, then both the white wire and the ground to the sleeve.

alex