RADIO MICS IN AMERICA

moreno

Feb 17, 2014, 2:55:54 PM2/17/14
Hello,

I will be travelling from the UK to record sound for a music doc in Lebanon and America. I'm pretty new to the world of sound for the moving image and would very much appreciate some advice about using radio mics in these countries.

We will be in Beirut, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee if my US geography is correct - basically Austin to New Orleans to Mississippi (various) and Memphis as well as recording at a music festival (SxSW)

I was thinking of using Audio Ltd 2040's together with a pair of sennheiser EW100 G3 Ch38 for sending a sound feed to camera.

Can anyone who has worked in either places advise whether these radio mics are suitable. Would it be ok to bring radios from the UK or should i hire radios in the states? From what I understand there are different frequency bands for different parts of the United States is this correct? Do I need to obtain a licence to use the radio mics?

Many Thanks in advance.
Moreno.