Logan Lerman in talks for play Peter Parker in 'Spider-Man' reboot

Taylor

Feb 4, 2010, 3:06:59 PM2/4/10
'Spider-Man' reboot: Logan Lerman may be next Peter Parker

By Hanh Nguyen
McCawEntertainment.com | Zap2It.com
February 4, 2010 10:16 AM

Logan Lerman, star of the upcoming "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The
Lightning Thief," may be up for the role of our favorite webslinger.

The 18-year-old actor has been in talks with Sony to play Peter Parker
in the "Spider-Man" reboot, reports "Access Hollywood."

"There have been a few discussions, it's definitely something I'm
looking into," Lerman told Billy Bush on Thursday, Feb. 4.

"It's one of my favorite characters ever and I'm a huge fan of the
series," he added. "I'd love to have more conversations about it. I'm
definitely very interested in it."

For those who wanted a relative unknown in the lead, Lerman might fit
the bill, but perhaps not for long. He stars as the titular "Percy
Jackson" (in theaters Friday, Feb. 12), a modern-day teenager who
discovers he's the demigod son of Poseidon (Kevin McKidd), Greek god
of the sea and earthquakes. In typical Greek fashion, he goes on a
journey and comes across a number of fantastical creatures and
events.

Check out a picture of Lerman (center) from "Percy Jackson":

Lerman played Bobby McAllister on the short-lived TV series "Jack &
Bobby," winning a Young Artist Award for it. His earlier big-screen
roles include "The Patriot," "What Women Want," "Riding in Cars With
Boys," "Hoot" and "The Butterfly Effect" as the younger version of
Ashton Kutcher's character.

It was his role in "3:10 to Yuma," playing the son of Christian Bale's
character and opposite Russell Crowe, earned Lerman some well-deserved
attention.

He's pictured here (right) with Bale:

Sony scrapped its original "Spider-Man" series of films, dropping
director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire in order to revamp the
franchise. The reboot centers on Peter Parker during his teen years.
"(500) Days of Summer" director Marc Webb has signed on to direct the
first film, which is due in theaters in Summer 2012.

Do you think Logan would make a good Peter Parker?

Follow Zap2itHanh on Twitter, Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook for the
latest movies, TV and celeb news

Related:

'Spider-Man' film gets reboot; Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire out
'Spider-Man': '(500) Days of Summer's' Marc Webb to direct next three
films

Photo credit: Getty

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/02/spider-man-reboot-logan-lerman-may-be-next-peter-parker.html

T987654321

Feb 4, 2010, 7:46:34 PM2/4/10
18? Sigh, Sipdy goes back to being a kiddy property.

Terry Lomax

Feb 4, 2010, 9:41:21 PM2/4/10
On Feb 4, 2:06 pm, Taylor <lukebenw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'Spider-Man' reboot: Logan Lerman may be next Peter Parker
>
> By Hanh Nguyen
> McCawEntertainment.com | Zap2It.com
> February 4, 2010 10:16 AM
>
> Logan Lerman, star of the upcoming "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The
> Lightning Thief," may be up for the role of our favorite webslinger.
>
> The 18-year-old actor has been in talks with Sony to play Peter Parker
> in the "Spider-Man" reboot, reports "Access Hollywood."

If they reboot Spider-Man, they should get a part of the story correct
that was wrong in the movie. In the original comic, Peter Parker used
his scientific genius to create his wrist-activated web shooting. In
the otherwise good movie, his ability to shoot webs suddenly occurred
as part of the mutation. They should be consistent with the comic.

TBerk

Feb 4, 2010, 10:09:56 PM2/4/10
On Feb 4, 4:46 pm, T987654321 <qwrtz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 18?  Sigh, Sipdy goes back to being a kiddy property.

As a grownup I can appreciate more than than just my own demographic.
Peter parker begins his journey as Spiderman in high School. This
doesn't lock it into a teeny-bopper only story line though.

berk

Anim8rFSK

Feb 17, 2010, 11:38:53 PM2/17/10
In article
<41b70745-c8ac-46fc...@u26g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Terry Lomax <Lom...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yes. And the comic has retconned out the stupid organic webshooters and
is back to the originals.

--
As Adam West as Bruce Wayne as Batman said in "Smack in the Middle"
the second half of the 1966 BATMAN series pilot when Jill St. John