未读,
2011年7月23日 15:18:272011/7/23
收件人

"Stone me" <sun...@boulevard.cpm> wrote in message
news:m0EWp.104279$fQ4....@newsfe16.ams2...

> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1561881/
> Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)
> Stone me.

Sad but not surprising, given her troubled history.

trotsky

未读,
2011年7月23日 16:33:472011/7/23
收件人

Yeah, that addresses the problem nicely.

Asshole.

The Loan Arranger

未读,
2011年7月23日 18:03:112011/7/23
收件人

"trotsky" <gms...@email.com> wrote in message

What's your fucking problem? Didn't get fucked up the ass today? Schmuck.

trotsky

未读,
2011年7月24日 08:36:012011/7/24
收件人

Thanks for proving my point.

nick

未读,
2011年7月24日 09:17:242011/7/24
收件人

Whenever you see documentaries or read books about rock and roll
"casualties", people like Brian Jones or Syd Barrett or Ian Curtis,
etc., invariably the survivors will be interviewed and they'll say
something about how what happened then wouldn't happen now because
we're so much more aware and educated about mental and drug problems.
But when you look at Winehouse, you think that might not be true at
all, and it might even be worse now, because in the information age
with TMZ, YouTube, etc., Winehouse had entire world voyeuristically
getting off on her inevitable demise. At least the old school self-
destructive rockers had some privacy. They didn't have the whole
world looking at them day to day.

Stone me

未读,
2011年7月24日 09:35:172011/7/24
收件人

"nick" <nickmacp...@AOL.com> wrote in message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BBC ran a brief video-obit, showing young Amy as a child and before
she hit the "big-time".
Not everyone is armed to stay on an even keel under all circumstances.
A well known pop music pundit mentioned her voice, her musical
understanding, and her talent.
I am definitely not a pop music fan, though I could hear in her voice
something that stood out from the off-key noise that my ears gather
to be the thing today.

I think everyone who dies so young, and so full of promise is bound to
be missed.

Stone me.

trotsky

未读,
2011年7月24日 11:15:112011/7/24
收件人

Do you think the stand up comics like Jay Leno et al will actually have
the balls to make fun of her death the way they made fun of her problems
in life?

David O.

未读,
2011年7月24日 12:49:332011/7/24
收件人
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 06:17:24 -0700 (PDT), nick
<nickmacp...@AOL.com> wrote:

>Whenever you see documentaries or read books about rock and roll
>"casualties", people like Brian Jones or Syd Barrett or Ian Curtis,
>etc., invariably the survivors will be interviewed and they'll say
>something about how what happened then wouldn't happen now because
>we're so much more aware and educated about mental and drug problems.
>But when you look at Winehouse, you think that might not be true at
>all, and it might even be worse now, because in the information age
>with TMZ, YouTube, etc., Winehouse had entire world voyeuristically
>getting off on her inevitable demise.

Exactly. Thanks to technology, we're all either exhibitionists or
voyeurs (or both). As far as the awareness & education, what bunk.
That claim is made about a lot of social & personal problems, the vast
majority of which from eras past still plague us. I think psychiatry &
even more psychology have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes: their
effectiveness is still doubtful. Whenever we encounter an angry, sad,
hostile, lazy, addicted, stuttering, overambitious, underambitious,
childish, or even just somewhat rude person, we're inclined to think,
"He should seek therapy."

>At least the old school self-
>destructive rockers had some privacy. They didn't have the whole
>world looking at them day to day.

Imagine if we had all seen Hendrix's vomit.

unklbob

未读,
2011年7月24日 19:11:412011/7/24
收件人

Her "problems"? She was a skanky bloated drunk who pissed away her
talent and went to an early grave for her troubles. Hard for me to
get too tender for someone who has the world handed to them and blows
it.

Brad Filippone

未读,
2011年7月24日 20:26:112011/7/24
收件人

Were she a member of your family, would you say this?

Brad

trotsky

未读,
2011年7月24日 20:31:222011/7/24
收件人

And yet were we to view the inner workings of your so called life a good
many of us would start laughing until we peed our pants.

unklbob

未读,
2011年7月24日 21:53:112011/7/24
收件人

Nope, but so far no one in my family has had the fame, the talent as
well as the means to overcome an addiction that she did. I seriously
doubt that anyone in her family reads this NG, and I wouldn't post a
similar comment on a well read forum, but this sort of thing always
irks me.

nick

未读,
2011年7月25日 16:05:312011/7/25
收件人

So in other words beyond being wrongheaded, you're also spineless and
anonymous, saying what you like knowing no one's going to read it
anyway.

Seivom Onik

未读,
2011年7月25日 18:02:482011/7/25
收件人
> Whenever we encounter an angry, sad,
> hostile, lazy, addicted, stuttering, overambitious, underambitious,
> childish, or even just somewhat rude person, we're inclined to think,
> "He should seek therapy."

You mean I don't have to?

> >At least the old school self-
> >destructive rockers had some privacy.  They didn't have the whole
> >world looking at them day to day.
>
> Imagine if we had all seen Hendrix's vomit.

I would have put it up on Ebay.

Seivom Onik

未读,
2011年7月25日 18:03:172011/7/25
收件人

She should have been called Hammy Swinehouse.

Flasherly

未读,
2011年7月25日 17:45:202011/7/25
收件人
On Jul 24, 9:53 pm, unklbob <mcgrisw...@aol.com> wrote:

> Nope, but so far no one in my family has had the fame, the talent as
> well as the means to overcome an addiction that she did. I seriously
> doubt that anyone in her family reads this NG, and I wouldn't post a
> similar comment on a well read forum, but this sort of thing always
> irks me.

Family, what's that -- religious vestitures for a noble wall around a
castle and its rightful church where someone you knew vaguely went and
had in writing what before having her is to having you? Say that were
about a mom, like Kurt Cobain's, a waitress with a mechanic in mind,
instead of taxi driver, gets interesting as a pharmacist is for a
provider.

What more could anyone ask, I should now address in heartfelt
bereavement, that together we bow our heads and morn in collective
loss. . . <cough>

She could have been so happy to find all her friends - in her head -
who have hated her for who she is, rather than love her for who she
isn't;- for her average machoman and fan -- all those empty friends
she knew, all along, who threatened to throw her ass in a jail, or at
least a rehab center;- For, she be departed, and among a rank of a
proud people, not afraid to say they're dying, lacking to have become
someone else, but art's best hope, in total peace after death;- That,
she would never first ask of herself, what she wouldn't ask that of
someone else first;- That, ultimately to be "OK" to look there, deep
inside herself to share, were she here to say, surrounded by fish, is
because they don't have feelings to say or do what is freedom from
pain, suffering from the external world -- deader than cool, rather --
is for having faked trends in a dutiful conviction, it is, not to
escape its corruption.

David O.

未读,
2011年7月25日 22:49:242011/7/25
收件人
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:02:48 -0700 (PDT), Seivom Onik
<bosleyc...@live.com> wrote:

>> Whenever we encounter an angry, sad,
>> hostile, lazy, addicted, stuttering, overambitious, underambitious,
>> childish, or even just somewhat rude person, we're inclined to think,
>> "He should seek therapy."
>
>You mean I don't have to?

No, you don't have to. You're welcome to, of course. I guess it helps
some people some of the time. But the idea that we can therapize
life's problems away by talking to a lady with a notebook is bonko.

Sir Blob

未读,
2011年7月26日 02:59:182011/7/26
收件人

i'll miss her very much, despite how she only had a future of
emphysema, despite how i remember slagging her off, not meaning what
we say sometimes. circa 2003-5 were really the years music became a
part of our lives, i was practically swimming in mp3s then. you
usually have this image of that kinda shit happening in your
adolescence, but really there was no music then, it was a pretty
desolate musical scene.

gtr

未读,
2011年7月26日 13:13:132011/7/26
收件人

I don't think the intent of therapy is to rid one of "life's problems".
I think its purpose is to find a way to comfortably navigate life's
problems.
--
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use.

gtr

未读,
2011年7月26日 13:16:552011/7/26
收件人
On 2011-07-25 14:45:20 -0700, Flasherly said:

> On Jul 24, 9:53 pm, unklbob <mcgrisw...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Nope, but so far no one in my family has had the fame, the talent as
>> well as the means to overcome an addiction that she did. I seriously
>> doubt that anyone in her family reads this NG, and I wouldn't post a
>> similar comment on a well read forum, but this sort of thing always
>> irks me.
>
> Family, what's that -- religious vestitures for a noble wall around a
> castle and its rightful church where someone you knew vaguely went and
> had in writing what before having her is to having you?

Sure, and perhaps including what didn't have in writing what before
having her is to having you.

Flasherly

未读,
2011年7月31日 15:25:572011/7/31
收件人
On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:16:55 -0400, gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> Sure, and perhaps including what didn't have in writing what before
> having her is to having you.

Something in suicidal people, as I'd have it, is unique. Marriages,
parenthood, and upbringing are an easy way to look for reasons. Not that
everything pre- or post-operatively suicidal conceivably or could be
expectedly expressed in rationally written form.

gtr

未读,
2011年8月1日 13:35:322011/8/1
收件人
On 2011-07-31 12:25:57 -0700, Flasherly said:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:16:55 -0400, gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:
>

>> Sure, and perhaps including what didn't have in writing what before
>> having her is to having you.

I'm surprised you included my syntactic mish-mash of non-meaning. It
was simply a negated version of what preceded it; a riff on nonsense.

> Something in suicidal people, as I'd have it, is unique. Marriages,
> parenthood, and upbringing are an easy way to look for reasons.

If it is unique, why bother? When people die that we care about,
whether close personal friends or celebrities that we have inexplicably
made a part of our personal world, we try to glean some meaning from
it. That's one of many curious things about us humans. But "unique"
isn't satisfying. We want to categorize and understand.

We can search for some "reason" they killed themselves, or the
circumstances that were foisted on them. But I note that when people
die in a house fire, some sort it out by saying it was "God's will"
that some innocents were "taken to heaven" for a higher purpose. Or
that it was God's "miracle" that one child of 8 was spared. No matter
how the dice roll, it's apparently God's will. Unless it isn't:

If the fire can be blamed on a junkie porn-addled arsonist, then the
killings become a travesty willed by Satan. I've never known whether
that means God was dozing, or whether Satan got a point on the board
despite God's omnipotence.

So again, if we search for meaning via the departed's nihilism,
sunspots, God's will: What answers can we get from any of it? We don't
want answers, I guess we want a satisfying platitude. A comforting
cadence. And that can only come on a one-one-one basis, it seems.

> Not that everything pre- or post-operatively suicidal conceivably or
> could be expectedly expressed in rationally written form.

Or not.

Flasherly

未读,
2011年8月1日 14:29:192011/8/1
收件人
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:35:32 -0400, gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> On 2011-07-31 12:25:57 -0700, Flasherly said:
>
>> On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:16:55 -0400, gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:
>>
>>> Sure, and perhaps including what didn't have in writing what before
>>> having her is to having you.
>
> I'm surprised you included my syntactic mish-mash of non-meaning. It
> was simply a negated version of what preceded it; a riff on nonsense.

So sorry, thought it was your unconscious Id speaking universally to my
transcendental spirit. We'll have to be careful of such unmitigated
meetings in the future.

>> Something in suicidal people, as I'd have it, is unique. Marriages,
>> parenthood, and upbringing are an easy way to look for reasons.
>
> If it is unique, why bother? When people die that we care about,
> whether close personal friends or celebrities that we have inexplicably
> made a part of our personal world, we try to glean some meaning from it.
> That's one of many curious things about us humans. But "unique" isn't
> satisfying. We want to categorize and understand.

Don't tell that to Camus, he'd roll over in his grave after making a
career from the otherside of unique.

> . . .Unless it isn't:

> If the fire can be blamed on a junkie porn-addled arsonist, then the
> killings become a travesty willed by Satan. I've never known whether
> that means God was dozing, or whether Satan got a point on the board
> despite God's omnipotence.
>
> So again, if we search for meaning via the departed's nihilism,
> sunspots, God's will: What answers can we get from any of it? We don't
> want answers, I guess we want a satisfying platitude. A comforting
> cadence. And that can only come on a one-one-one basis, it seems.

That's it. You've said it: Kafkaesqe as in Killing an Arab.

>> Not that everything pre- or post-operatively suicidal conceivably or
>> could be expectedly expressed in rationally written form.
>
> Or not.

Didn't stop a couple producers from working on film documentaries from the
suicidal life of another entertainer and singer, Curt Cobain. Something
to think about, anyway;- what I happened upon within a context of quotes
or trivia attributed to William S. Burroughs, stood out more for a sore
thumb being exhibited as if by the provincial village idiot. Here's
William (no pun intended), quintessential weirdness incarnate, after
dutifully watching all his adapted filmworks, meeting to talk with Curt
before he went on record publicly to comment on the effect - 'Something
about that boy disturbs me.'

Hell, I was hot on his wife probably before he'd ever met her;- as if
seeing her then perform wasn't enough, what cinched it was finding out
that she liked to get off late at night, after performing, by talking in
chatrooms, just like this. It's where reality hits the hardspot between a
couple rocks. There's already a couple instances of suicide on public
record, officially speaking, where its participants, in a chatroom with
video cameras available, assisted to encourage someone to follow through
the act for a live public performance.

--
Times are gone for honest men
And sometimes far too long for snakes

Hang my head, drown my fear
Till you all just disappear

Black hole sun
Won't you come
And wash away the rain. . .
-Soundgarden

gtr

未读,
2011年8月1日 20:47:342011/8/1
收件人
On 2011-08-01 11:29:19 -0700, Flasherly said:

> Didn't stop a couple producers from working on film documentaries from
> the suicidal life of another entertainer and singer, Curt Cobain.

Suicide is sensational--of course people want to make some money off of
it. "Understanding" why someone killed themselve is something we con
ourselves into. Just my viewpoint.

> Something to think about, anyway;- what I happened upon within a
> context of quotes or trivia attributed to William S. Burroughs, stood
> out more for a sore thumb being exhibited as if by the provincial
> village idiot. Here's William (no pun intended), quintessential
> weirdness incarnate, after dutifully watching all his adapted
> filmworks, meeting to talk with Curt before he went on record publicly
> to comment on the effect - 'Something about that boy disturbs me.'

Certainly that would be a comment I'd take to heart.

> Hell, I was hot on his wife probably before he'd ever met her;- as if
> seeing her then perform wasn't enough, what cinched it was finding out
> that she liked to get off late at night, after performing, by talking
> in chatrooms, just like this. It's where reality hits the hardspot
> between a couple rocks.

A chatroom is where reality exists in any of its guises? Curious to hear.

> There's already a couple instances of suicide on public record,
> officially speaking, where its participants, in a chatroom with video
> cameras available, assisted to encourage someone to follow through the
> act for a live public performance.

Self-perception; it's impossible to understand how others mold it and
torque it. Dead OR alive.

Flas...@live.com

未读,
2011年8月2日 00:02:442011/8/2
收件人
On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:47:34 -0700, gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

>On 2011-08-01 11:29:19 -0700, Flasherly said:
>
>> Didn't stop a couple producers from working on film documentaries from
>> the suicidal life of another entertainer and singer, Curt Cobain.
>
>Suicide is sensational--of course people want to make some money off of
>it. "Understanding" why someone killed themselve is something we con
>ourselves into. Just my viewpoint.

Nope, a con job in sensationalism wouldn't do for a confident
understanding, POV, or at least a pluasible postualate.

>A chatroom is where reality exists in any of its guises? Curious to hear.

Sure there are, just as there's a sucker born every minute, someone's
bound to get busted. One such, I believe locally from a online forum,
was where people were stagging their fantasies. Their collective
problem was when they decided to get and actually met one another for
acting them out, they'd unwittingly invited interests also present in
law enforcement. Infinatine variations for little doubt over half
what's written for Social Networking -- to internet portals from
mobile cell phones -- need be really so surprising.

>> There's already a couple instances of suicide on public record,
>> officially speaking, where its participants, in a chatroom with video
>> cameras available, assisted to encourage someone to follow through the
>> act for a live public performance.
>
>Self-perception; it's impossible to understand how others mold it and
>torque it. Dead OR alive.

Probably. Not everyone would be able afford, recommened to, or sense
goodwill in recognized and successful behavioralist fees, apart for
drugs utilized generally and prescribed for categorical group behavior
patterns at an intended dosage. And that's definately Big Biz, yep -
those pharmcon co's.

--
Will: Fuck you.
Sean: You're the shepherd.