WHY is there a black man in "King Arthur?"

RichA

May 10, 2017, 11:43:28 PM5/10/17
Jesus, I still vividly remember the "Robin Hood" fiasco and that was DECADES ago. Did they have to reinforce the comedy of that script? Anyway, it looks like the movie stinks so it probably will flop. It's just a pity they can't leave these Western mythologies the F--- alone.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_arthur_legend_of_the_sword

Your Name

May 11, 2017, 2:16:53 AM5/11/17
Part of the King Arthur myth is the "Black Knight". ;-)

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

May 11, 2017, 9:27:46 AM5/11/17
In article <of0vki$2b1s$1...@adenine.netfront.net>,
It's just a flesh wound..
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

RichA

May 11, 2017, 11:18:16 PM5/11/17
Give it two years. He'll be Chinese!!

Your Name

May 11, 2017, 11:39:00 PM5/11/17
What do you mean "two years"??

Been there, done that, ...

How Can a King Arthur Story with a Character Named "Kung-Fu George"
Be This Generic?

<http://www.villagevoice.com/film/how-the-hell-is-a-king-arthur-story-with-a-character-named-kung-fu-george-this-generic-9971465>

and got the armour.

Why did Tristan from King Arthur (2004) wear an Asian armor?

<https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Tristan-from-King-Arthur-2004-wear-an-Asian-armor>

;-)

Jenny Telia

May 12, 2017, 5:24:58 AM5/12/17
Is it because he was going to a Dim Sum lunch?

The Starmaker

May 12, 2017, 3:38:25 PM5/12/17
RichA wrote:

> Jesus, I still vividly remember the "Robin Hood" fiasco and that was DECADES ago. Did they have to reinforce the comedy of that script? Anyway, it looks like the movie stinks so it probably will flop. It's just a pity they can't leave these Western mythologies the F--- alone.
>
> https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_arthur_legend_of_the_sword

isn't a black cowboy worst????

william ahearn

May 12, 2017, 3:41:39 PM5/12/17
Actually not. At least 25% of cowboys were black.

The Starmaker

May 12, 2017, 3:48:45 PM5/12/17
not on TV!

Your Name

May 12, 2017, 6:47:03 PM5/12/17
It's the Asians playing Red Indians that were "worst" in cowboy movies / shows.

The Starmaker

May 13, 2017, 1:17:21 AM5/13/17
How about Charleston Heston playing a Mexican?

Bill Steele

May 17, 2017, 4:00:44 PM5/17/17
Not to mention Caucasians playing Indians. In some old Italian westerns,
a French actor playing an Apache.

Let's pause for a tip of the hat to Jay Silverheels.

> How about Charleston Heston playing a Mexican?

Lots of Mexicans don't look "Mexican." Aristocratic European heritage.

The Starmaker

May 17, 2017, 11:40:50 PM5/17/17
Well Hollywood is about...seterotypes, and if you going to play a Jewish
character you have to have a big nose.