This might be another Starmaker Exclusive...hush, hush

The Starmaker

Apr 3, 2009, 6:28:48 PM4/3/09
This might be another Starmaker Exclusive...
(meaning, nobody else knows but me)

but I heard some gossip
and I'm not going to say
where i heard it from...
(because it's all hush, hush)

but I hear they are going to
make a Frank Sinatra movie..
based on his life.
(half the hush is out..)

Did anybody hear that?

I already know who the actor's name that
is going to play him, but I was
wondering has anyone else heard that?

Does your actor's name match my actor's name?

Otherwise, I'm going to have to
post his name by Monday.
(...the other Hush)

But I was hoping somebody else would post it
before that, then that proves it is not
a Starmaker Exclusive.

The Starmaker

The Starmaker

Apr 3, 2009, 9:16:25 PM4/3/09

I'm talking about a major motion picture with a major star...

he's in the top 25
http://star-currency.forbes.com/celebrity-list/top-celebrities

Have you heard about it?

I wonder if there will be a horses head on a bed...

Hatunen

Apr 3, 2009, 10:09:32 PM4/3/09

The only reference to a new movie I can find is nine years old
and was to be filmed in Scotland!!!?

I see there's plans to make a Broadway musical out of Robin and
the Seven Hoods:
http://www.broadway.tv/blog/broadway-magazine/frank-sinatra-movie-to-become-new-broadway-musical/

--
************* DAVE HATUNEN (hat...@cox.net) *************

The Starmaker

Apr 4, 2009, 5:07:07 PM4/4/09

What I mean by another Starmaker Exclusive is
the information is not on the Internet or magazines,
newspapers, trade papers like Hollywood Reporter and Variety,
TV or any other media. It means I'm the only source you're gettin
it from.God help you.

A Frank Sinatra movie.
Based on his life...

That has to be Hot!

And you're hearing it first about it here.

And the actor who is playing Frank Sinatra...

which I'm going to post his name here by Monday...

the minute I do that it would be just easy for you to
just ask him yourself....

"Are you playing Frank Sinatra in a movie?"

He won't be able to deny it.

That's it, by Monday it's out..

no longer a secret.

There is nothing they can do...

He gonna ask "How did you hear about that?"

They'll respond with...

"It's on the Internet!"

...and don't forget to tell them my name...

The Starmaker

"Did you hear they are making a movie about Frank Sintra?"
"Who's in it?"

His name is right there
http://star-currency.forbes.com/celebrity-list/top-celebrities

Just call them all up and ask! Somebody reading this must have some "connections". Know somebody,
who knows somebody, who knows somebody, who knows somebody, ...you know how it works..."it's who you know."

It certaintly ain't Denzel Washington, he plays mostly Black guys.
But Robert Downey played a Black guy so it's possible Denzel Washington
might do it. He complains he doesn't get enough scripts!

Somebody is making phone calls right now

"Hey Al, are you making a Frank Sintra movie?"

"What are you nuts or something?"

"Hey Nick, are you making a Frank Sintra movie?"

"Hey Bruce, are you making a Frank Sintra movie?"
"Hey Nicole, are you making a Frank Sintra movie?"
"Hey Robert, are you making a Frank Sintra movie?"
"Hey Clint, are you making a Frank Sintra movie?"

I'll make it easier for...don't start from the bottem of the list,
start from the top...you'll get there faster.

The Starmaker

Apr 4, 2009, 7:09:25 PM4/4/09
> "Hey Al, are you making a Frank Sinatra movie?"

> "What are you nuts or something?"
>
> "Hey Nick, are you making a Frank Sinatra movie?"
>
> "Hey Bruce, are you making a Frank Sinatra movie?"
> "Hey Nicole, are you making a Frank Sinatra movie?"
> "Hey Robert, are you making a Frank Sinatra movie?"
> "Hey Clint, are you making a Frank Sinatra movie?"

> I'll make it easier for...don't start from the bottem of the list,
> start from the top...you'll get there faster.

I forgot to mentioned the information comes from the producer of the Frank Sinatra movie...
and he don't want anybody to know...but that's his problem isn't it?

The Starmaker

Apr 4, 2009, 7:41:41 PM4/4/09

Judging by the name of the actor playing Frank Sinatra, I would have to say it has to
be a quality production and not one of those "throw all the garbage in it and see if it sells"...
like so many Hollywood films today...

I guess since it's a Frank Sinatra motion picture they have to do their best...I don't think the
Sinatra family would settle for less.

Anybody out there heard about this Frank Sinatra movie that's in the talks?

Have you heard about that guy coughed up a nail after getting an MRI, that he had for
30 years in his head?

I never had a MRI before, ...I might have a screw loose somewhere.

The Starmaker

Apr 4, 2009, 7:56:48 PM4/4/09
I'm just changing the Subject title to:

A Starmaker Exclusive...The Frank Sinatra movie

Monday, it's the big day!

The Starmaker

Of course, Frank Sinatra's family would know...you could ask them.

How could they make a Frank Sinatra major motion picture with a major star without
the family knowing about it?

How could that song
Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walking (1966)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRkovnss7sg
be a hit?

The music is terrible, the guitar is the worse sound I ever heard, the lryics...you wanna throw up!
And she sings terrible!

I suspect, Frank Sinatra did a lot of "heavy payola", held a gun to all the radio programers head and
made them play it a million times on the radio until people believed it "must be a hit"!

There is no other logical explanation.

The Starmaker

Apr 6, 2009, 12:40:55 PM4/6/09
I'll be posting the actor's name by midnight tonight here.

Of course, I had to contact all the media first
about my announcement here..
drudgereport
n.y.post
tmz and
all the gossip entertainment
websites and blogs...
so that it can have a little more..
impact.
Because I'm doing it, My Way.

The Starmaker

David Johnston

Apr 6, 2009, 12:54:57 PM4/6/09
On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 09:40:55 -0700, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>I'll be posting the actor's name by midnight tonight here.

<yawn>

The Starmaker

Apr 6, 2009, 3:36:42 PM4/6/09

At your rate, you'll probably be alsleep at that time...

The Starmaker

Apr 6, 2009, 3:47:31 PM4/6/09
Did you hear that Frank Sinatra bribed a doctor with $40,0000.00 to get out of the draft?

The Starmaker

Apr 6, 2009, 4:05:24 PM4/6/09
I don't understand....
I look
and I see a list of names
and the list is filled
with Italian Mafia names
and Frank Sinatra is on the list.
Was Frank Sinatra in the Mafia?
http://foia.fbi.gov/sinatra/sinatr1a.pdf

I didn't know he was in the Mafia..
I know he had "friends"...
"friends of his"
"friends of ours"
"friends of mines"
"friends of theirs"
whateveryouwantocallit
but I look at that list and it
seems he was "one of them".

http://foia.fbi.gov/sinatra/sinatr1a.pdf

The Starmaker

Apr 6, 2009, 4:25:26 PM4/6/09
You probably could make a whole movie with this:
http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/sinatra.htm

The Starmaker

Apr 6, 2009, 6:16:19 PM4/6/09
Anybody want to make any money?
Here, my gift to you....
http://www.franksinatrathemovie.com/

Nobody has it. You can grab it now and "park it".
Sell it to those "movie guys"....

Or sell it to the highest bidder on ebay:
http://tinyurl.com/ckhhsb

The Starmaker

Apr 7, 2009, 1:45:13 AM4/7/09
Leonardo DiCaprio...as Frank Sinatra

CliffB

Apr 8, 2009, 12:55:55 AM4/8/09
On Apr 7, 1:45 am, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Leonardo DiCaprio...as Frank Sinatra

One wonders, can he sing worth a lick?

I can see him as the younger sinatra. They'll have to put him in heavy
make-up for the old guy I suppose. But that's good Oscar bait, a la
Piit with the Button gimmick last year. Who's directing, Scorsese?

Pithy and Original

Apr 8, 2009, 4:32:49 AM4/8/09
I'm curious how they'll make him up to look like Frank. I don't see any
resemblance at all. Plus he's too tall. I was thinking Johnny Depp would be
a better chouce.

"CliffB" <fl...@gosympatico.ca> wrote in message

The Starmaker

Apr 9, 2009, 3:26:42 PM4/9/09
Pithy and Original wrote:

> I'm curious how they'll make him up to look like Frank. I don't see any
> resemblance at all. Plus he's too tall. I was thinking Johnny Depp would be
> a better chouce.

Johnny Depp??? He's got Brown eyes! Frank Sinatra is known as O'l Blue Eyes.

You put blue eyes on Johhny Depp and he would look like a girl!

> "CliffB" <fl...@gosympatico.ca> wrote in message
> On Apr 7, 1:45 am, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > Leonardo DiCaprio...as Frank Sinatra
> >

> One wonders, can he sing worth a lick?
>
> I can see him as the younger sinatra. They'll have to put him in heavy
> make-up for the old guy I suppose. But that's good Oscar bait, a la
> Piit with the Button gimmick last year. Who's directing, Scorsese?

I don't know who is directing...I didn't ask.

The Starmaker

Apr 9, 2009, 4:12:26 PM4/9/09
[whisper] have you noticed there is absolutely no mention *anywhere* about
a Frank Sinatra movie and Leonardo DiCaprio...as Frank Sinatra?

It almost sounds like it's not true!

It's possible that my information is from a very very early stage. Maybe only
the producers and the actor knows about it, (or are the only ones that were
suppose to know about it)....

Bedsides these newsgroups...I sent notice to Prerez Hilton, Ny Post, Drudgereport,
and all the gossip website and blogs. (Drudgereport is toooo busy with their daily
headlines of "Israel Attack Iran", "Iran is building a bomb". How many times is that
dodo bird Drudge going to print "Israel Attack Iran", "Iran is building a bomb", ALL Year LONG!?!?!!?)
Every year!

Sorry, I didn't get the producers name, otherwise I would've posted it also.

But certaintly, they are being very tight lipped about it....

For sure one thing, Leonardo DiCaprio cannot deny it.

charliekilo

Apr 9, 2009, 4:48:01 PM4/9/09
"The Starmaker" <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> [whisper] have you noticed there is absolutely no mention *anywhere* about
> a Frank Sinatra movie and Leonardo DiCaprio...as Frank Sinatra?
>
> It almost sounds like it's not true!
>
> It's possible that my information is from a very very early stage. Maybe
> only
> the producers and the actor knows about it, (or are the only ones that
> were
> suppose to know about it)....
>
> Bedsides these newsgroups...I sent notice to Prerez Hilton, Ny Post,
> Drudgereport,
> and all the gossip website and blogs. (Drudgereport is toooo busy with
> their daily
> headlines of "Israel Attack Iran", "Iran is building a bomb". How many
> times is that
> dodo bird Drudge going to print "Israel Attack Iran", "Iran is building a
> bomb", ALL Year LONG!?!?!!?)
> Every year!
>
> Sorry, I didn't get the producers name, otherwise I would've posted it
> also.
>
> But certaintly, they are being very tight lipped about it....
>

> For sure one thing, Leonardo DiCaprio cannot deny it.
>

> The Starmaker

If it's being produced via the indie route (i.e. not a studio project),
movies typically aren't announced until the full budget is in place. Talent
begins to attach with 50% in escrow but no official announcements until it's
a 100% go.

The Starmaker

Apr 9, 2009, 8:02:14 PM4/9/09

Well you can call my announcement an un-official announcement...announced before the full
budget is in place. Announced before it was suppose to be announced...

How about...leaked?

How about spill the beans?

Whatever reason they wanted to "keep it quiet" "not to be anounnced", whatever their standard business
practices are...it's too late.

I'm not interested in *their* interest...or their contractual legal mumbo jumbos schumbos,
or their games they like to play...the game being "lets make a Frank Sinatra movie, attach Leonardo DiCaprio,
but don't tell anyone" games...

I have my own games...

It's called, "I Did It My Way"
http://www.youtube.com/v/WIXg9KUiy00

The Starmaker

Pithy and Original

Apr 9, 2009, 8:41:01 PM4/9/09
Hahahahahahahahaha! Contact lenses would take care of the blue eyes, but
you're right. He is rather beautiful. Makeup can do a lot. I just think
DiCaprio's face is too round.

"The Starmaker" <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Hatunen

Apr 9, 2009, 8:51:14 PM4/9/09
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:41:01 -0700, "Pithy and Original"
<non...@your.bus.iness> wrote:

>Hahahahahahahahaha! Contact lenses would take care of the blue eyes, but
>you're right. He is rather beautiful. Makeup can do a lot. I just think
>DiCaprio's face is too round.

I never completely bought DiCaprio as Howard Hughes, either.

Bluuuue Rajah

Apr 9, 2009, 9:01:17 PM4/9/09

> Pithy and Original wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious how they'll make him up to look like Frank. I don't see
>> any resemblance at all. Plus he's too tall. I was thinking Johnny
>> Depp would be a better chouce.
>
> Johnny Depp??? He's got Brown eyes! Frank Sinatra is known as O'l Blue
> Eyes.
>
> You put blue eyes on Johhny Depp and he would look like a girl!

He already looks like a girl.

>> "CliffB" <fl...@gosympatico.ca> wrote in message

18ae75...@y7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com.

David Johnston

Apr 9, 2009, 9:57:11 PM4/9/09
On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 17:02:14 -0700, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Well you can call my announcement an un-official announcement...announced before the full
>budget is in place. Announced before it was suppose to be announced...

Are you still babbling about this nonsense? Pathetic.

charliekilo

Apr 10, 2009, 12:25:32 PM4/10/09
"The Starmaker" <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

I was agreeing with you as to why there was no information on the web...just
supporting you against some of the naysayers.

The Starmaker

Apr 10, 2009, 5:35:07 PM4/10/09

I wasn't arguing with you...I was just expressing my views. I was
'venting'.

CliffB

Apr 23, 2009, 11:59:44 PM4/23/09
On Apr 10, 12:25 pm, "charliekilo" <miles_kra...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "The Starmaker" <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > charliekilo wrote:
>
> >> "The Starmaker" <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> >Sinatramovie, attach  Leonardo DiCaprio,

> > but don't tell anyone" games...
>
> > I have my own games...
>
> > It's called, "I Did It My Way"
> >http://www.youtube.com/v/WIXg9KUiy00
>
> > The Starmaker
>
> I was agreeing with you as to why there was no information on the web...just
> supporting you against some of the naysayers.

I ran across this from about a year ago.

---

Scorsese To Do Sinatra

While talking with Sun Media recently, Frank Sinatra's youngest
daughter and film producer, Tina Sinatra, revealed that Martin
Scorsese would be directing a new biopic about Frank Sinatra.
According to Sun Media:

Sinatra admitted it is premature to officially announce Scorsese for
the biopic. Initially, she referred to the director as "the most
prominent Italian-American filmmaker" working today in Hollywood. When
Sun Media guessed Francis Ford Coppola, she said: "We adore him but he
didn't step up to it." When Scorsese's name followed, Sinatra offered
this: "I can't tell you yet but you're warmer."
Laughing, Sinatra later confirmed it was Scorsese. "You'll be reading
about it very soon ... oh, go ahead and print it, I don't care!"

Scorsese on Sinatra seems like such a no brainer it’s just weird that
its taken this long for this to come to fruition. The big question…who
could play O’l Blue Eyes?

http://www.spike.com/blog/scorsese-to-do/64662

----

The sole guess at the site was Liev Schreiber

The Starmaker

Apr 24, 2009, 12:46:12 AM4/24/09

Well thank you for that. The answer to the big question, who will play o'l blue eyes is Leonardo DiCaprio.

I notice in the IMDB a few movies with Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, but i didn't have any info
on Scorsese, cause I wait for my sources to contact me, I don't contact them...but I'm working
on it...

The Starmaker

Apr 28, 2009, 1:00:09 AM4/28/09

It is my understanding now that production has already begun, to be completed in 2 years...

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2009, 12:43:48 PM4/29/09

Okay, I got a first name of the producer...Gary.

But this guy never produced a movie before.

You know how it is in Hollywood, it's not What you know, it's Who you
know.

You don't need a high school diploma, you don't need any education or
talent or any knowledge whatsoever on what it is you want to be in
Hollywood. You just need to Know someone....could be your father
or mother or brother or sister or cousin or the guy who is trying
to bang your sister, your mother, your brother or trying to bang your
father...

Maybe somebody out there can get his last name....

He used to be vice president of warner brothers...

and he sings...I think he sings in some night club called
the Catalina...might be a jazz singer.

It's hard for me to get a last name because there are so many warner
brothers vice presidents, ...must be millions of them.

anyway, now he wants to make a movie.

The Starmaker

Gary is probably running around Hollywood now asking people he Knows,

"How do I find somebody who's got a movie camera?"

charliekilo

Apr 29, 2009, 2:00:53 PM4/29/09
> [...]

So you're saying that this "Gary" was a vp of WB and he doesn't know any
thing about the business -- how to produce a movie? Producing isn't rocket
science, it's more project management and knowing the right people to pull
in to your project....so, knowing the right people is VERY important.

There is the "Catalina Bar & Grill" not too far from where I used to live
and they do have jazz, but I'm not sure about a former WB vp playing
there(?).

As for the education comments about producing and the industry in general,
you would be surprised. I got into the business about 12 years ago with a
business partner -- I came out of Morgan Stanley in NYC with an mba in
finance and my partner was a former regional president of AT&T. We jumped
into the business believing that we'd probably be the "smartest guys in the
room" because we believed the common (mis)perception that Hollywood is
filled with a bunch of blow-hard idiots.

Were we ever wrong! To this day, I'm still surprised with the intelligence
of most with whom we do business. A great many (most) of the executives at
production and distribution companies have advanced degrees of one form or
another and even the trades employ those with college degrees and
intelligence.

Anim8rFSK

Apr 29, 2009, 3:32:38 PM4/29/09
In article <mB0Kl.15631$%54....@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com>,
"charliekilo" <miles_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So you're saying that this "Gary" was a vp of WB and he doesn't know any
> thing about the business -- how to produce a movie?

Certainly that would be expected at Fox.

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2009, 4:30:48 PM4/29/09

Yes, that is what I'm saying...he doesn't know how to produce a movie. He needs to
ask around to do it...which is exactly what he is doing now. He's asking people,

"How do I do this, How do I do that?" You ask and that's how you learn...

> Producing isn't rocket
> science, it's more project management and knowing the right people to pull
> in to your project....so, knowing the right people is VERY important.

Well, I alread wrote *twice" here

> > You know how it is in Hollywood, it's not What you know, it's Who you
> > know.

> > Gary is probably running around Hollywood now asking people he Knows,

Did you miss it, or are you just one of those Hollywood people that likes to repeat
all the time

"It's not what you know, it's who you know."
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."

Because that is what you're doing right now...saying

"...knowing the right people is VERY important."

you people are all alike, you repeat the same thing over and over..you
want to sound like You Know something...

"It's not what you know, it's who you know."
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."
"It's not what you know, it's who you know."

I hear that one more time I'm going to shove a bagel up somebodies ass!

> There is the "Catalina Bar & Grill" not too far from where I used to live
> and they do have jazz, but I'm not sure about a former WB vp playing
> there(?).

What do you mean "not sure"? You either you know or you don't know, which is it?

> As for the education comments about producing and the industry in general,
> you would be surprised. I got into the business about 12 years ago with a
> business partner -- I came out of Morgan Stanley in NYC with an mba in
> finance and my partner was a former regional president of AT&T. We jumped
> into the business believing that we'd probably be the "smartest guys in the
> room" because we believed the common (mis)perception that Hollywood is
> filled with a bunch of blow-hard idiots.
>
> Were we ever wrong! To this day, I'm still surprised with the intelligence
> of most with whom we do business. A great many (most) of the executives at
> production and distribution companies have advanced degrees of one form or
> another and even the trades employ those with college degrees and
> intelligence.

Well, Jewish people are very smart, haven't you heard?

But still, the truth is....he never made a movie, he doesn't know How To Produce
a Movie and he is currently asking around "How do you go about producing a movie".

I don't give a fuck how smart he is, what college he went to...who he knows..

What he knows, he knows. What he doesn't know, he doesn't know.

And he "doesn't know" 'How To Produce A Movie'.

But it doesn't make any difference to me what he knows or what he doesn't know...

I'm just saying the person that is producing the Frank Sinatra movie first name is Gary.

And he used to work as vp of warner brothers, and he never made a movie before. That's it!

If you don't know his last name then you have nothing to say.

The Starmaker

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2009, 4:39:43 PM4/29/09
Anim8rFSK wrote:

> In article <mB0Kl.15631$%54....@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com>,
> "charliekilo" <miles_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So you're saying that this "Gary" was a vp of WB and he doesn't know any
> > thing about the business -- how to produce a movie?
>
> Certainly that would be expected at Fox.

Producing is just 'putting things together'..

You know
buying a video camera
at kmart
and putting a person
in front of the camera
and uploading it to Youtube
is what being a producer is
all about!

Of course
with
Youtube
it's not
who you know...

they don't have those
religious requirements.

The Starmaker

charliekilo

Apr 29, 2009, 5:31:11 PM4/29/09
"The Starmaker" <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

I was just trying to say in a nice way that something with this story
doesn't sound right. Where do I start? Ok, if one was a former vp at WB, you
probably have some idea what goes into producing a movie...it's just a
project management job and requires no real special "producer
knowledge"...it's not something you can learn about by "asking around."
Additionally, there is often (usually) more than one producer on a project
this large -- occasionally as many as five or six.

As for it's not what you know but who you know, I took it that you were
implying that this "Gary" got the opportunity to produce because he knew
someone that gave him the opportunity - regardless of his knowledge/skills.
I was saying that if "Gary" actually had no experience, he was probably
given the opportunity because he knew and has access to the right people to
see the project through -- which is a legit reason to hire someone as a
producer. (Two VERY different ways of looking at your "It's who you know..."
comment)

Thee are a LOT of first time producers out there and I'm pretty sure none of
them went around asking how to produce a movie....especially if they were a
senior executive at a feature film/television studio.

CliffB

Apr 29, 2009, 6:36:59 PM4/29/09
On Apr 29, 5:31 pm, "charliekilo" <miles_kra...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "The Starmaker" <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > charliekilo wrote:
>
> >> "The Starmaker" <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

This says that Tina's the producer:

http://www.frank-sinatra.com/p97782-martin-scorsese-plans-frank-sinatra-biopic.cfm

These could be more like executive producers? Scorsese would likely
take the lead in most matters from a newbie, I'd think.

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2009, 7:05:58 PM4/29/09

I have 'no idea', what are the duties, of a -- Vice President at Warner Brothers.

It could be any number of things, or it could be just a "no show" job.

You know, one of those jobs where you got a big title but you're never there...

or maybe he was doing something important, I don't know...

Titles doesn't mean anything in Hollywood. Like a Casting Director who wants
a kickback for inserting Stars, and she asks for "Producer Credit" even though
she hasn't produce anything....

Hollywood is filled with schmucks with big titles that don't really do anything...

So VP 'vice president' titles don't mean anything but a paycheck...

Besides, from my understanding this Gary guy was fired from that vp job...

But what difference does it make, any schmuck can be a producer.

> project management job and requires no real special "producer
> knowledge"...it's not something you can learn about by "asking around."

Well, asking around is exactly what he is doing...cause he don't know.

> Additionally, there is often (usually) more than one producer on a project
> this large -- occasionally as many as five or six.

five or six? Where you've been?? I think I saw a movie with only two actors in
it and the producer credits were so long I think it was half the movie!!!
I remember seeing credits in that movie for anybody else but producers!

And how many of them *actually* produced anything?

> As for it's not what you know but who you know, I took it that you were
> implying that this "Gary" got the opportunity to produce because he knew
> someone that gave him the opportunity - regardless of his knowledge/skills.
> I was saying that if "Gary" actually had no experience, he was probably
> given the opportunity because he knew and has access to the right people to
> see the project through -- which is a legit reason to hire someone as a
> producer. (Two VERY different ways of looking at your "It's who you know..."
> comment)

Well, I don't know who gave him the opportunity...I thought producers create
their own opportunties. Maybe he went to the greenlight guy and teold him
"I wanna make a Frank Sinatra movie!" Maybe the greenlight guy is his father,
or his boyfriend. Who knows with these people...

I think he smokes pot...I don't know where he buys his pot, but if you've been
fired from warner brothers, and singing at night at a jazz club you might as well
get high.

> Thee are a LOT of first time producers out there and I'm pretty sure none of
> them went around asking how to produce a movie....especially if they were a
> senior executive at a feature film/television studio.

Well, I don't know what your idea is of a producer but it *entails* a lot of work.

And I happen to know he's asking around cause that's how I found out he making a movie.
He doesn't know what to do, he's asking around...what's wrong with that? it's much faster
than reading a book on it.

Like for example, if he needs a script, they probably will tell him,

"Don't worry about it, we can steal one!"

The Stamaker

charliekilo

Apr 29, 2009, 7:30:08 PM4/29/09

-- This says that Tina's the producer:
http://www.frank-sinatra.com/p97782-martin-scorsese-plans-frank-sinatra-biopic.cfm
--
-- These could be more like executive producers? Scorsese would likely
-- take the lead in most matters from a newbie, I'd think.

Tina, being a producer, is more likely. Producers are the one that hire's a
director. EP's are the money providers.

charliekilo

Apr 29, 2009, 7:37:02 PM4/29/09
"The Starmaker" <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

OK, you know better...I've only been in the business since 1998 as a CFO of
a production company and concurrently a partner of a boutique i-bank with an
entertainment portion of the practice. I've never run across one of these
no-show vp jobs, where can I find one?!?!?!! FWIW, I'm friends with several
WB former and current execs and all I know are putting in the 12-16 hour
days and are sharp as a tack...apparently they haven't found those no-show
jobs either.

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2009, 8:22:13 PM4/29/09

You have to be "connected"...
a "good fella"
a friend of theirs
a made guy

Does any of your 'former' WB or current execs know a guy named Gary, who sings at the
Catilina, and was a former vp at warner and is making a frank sinatra movie
with Leonardo DiCaprio and possibly being directed by Scorsese?

And while you're around Charliekilo, is that name Italian? charliekilo bada bing bada boom?

Cause i know there is a little group of Italians in Hollywood, ....that are into films..
and other stuff. Are you into that, ..other stuff?

The Starmaker

The Starmaker

Apr 29, 2009, 9:09:50 PM4/29/09

I've mentioned in this thread before that you cannot make a Frank Sinatra movie without
the Sinatra's family being involved in it...

The Starmaker

May 14, 2009, 1:32:16 AM5/14/09
Martin Scorsese to direct Frank Sinatra movie
Reuters Canada - 4 hours ago
By Sue Zeidler LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese will direct
the big screen movie about the colorful life of entertainment ...

There doesn't seem to be any mention of Leonardo DiCaprio...
http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&ncl=dBGNrQF3S0szgvMmN4OgcCSmZ7P0M&cf=all

What's taking them so long, doesn't Reuters read The Starmaker Report?

The world seems to be in sloooow motion....

The Starmaker

The Starmaker

May 20, 2009, 2:52:19 AM5/20/09
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/article2438328.ece
LEONARDO DICAPRIO was hot favourite last night to play FRANK SINATRA
in a big screen blockbuster about the crooner � IF he can learn to sing.

The Starmaker

May 25, 2009, 3:20:53 PM5/25/09
Okay, ...might be a little too late but I finally found out Gary's last name...
http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/3303/scorsese-to-tackle-frank-sinatra
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0494442/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0494442/news#ni0783556

...and I had to get a girl *naked* to get this info.

This is beyond the call of duty!

The Starmaker

You wanna hear him sing?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=262098245

The Starmaker

May 26, 2009, 1:30:58 PM5/26/09
So I look at this guy Gary
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0494442/
who is producing the Frank Sinatra movie
and I wonder how did he go from
doing Soundtrack work to
being the producer of the Frank Sinatra movie?
Is it because he "thinks" he sings like Frank Sinatra?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=262098245

It that the connection?

The Starmaker

Did he walk into a room and say "Hey, I sing just like Frank Sinatra, I should produce this movie!

and everybody else said, "Okay."?

I must be missing something...

charliekilo

May 26, 2009, 1:59:38 PM5/26/09

> So I look at this guy Gary
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0494442/
> who is producing the Frank Sinatra movie
> and I wonder how did he go from
> doing Soundtrack work to
> being the producer of the Frank Sinatra movie?
> Is it because he "thinks" he sings like Frank Sinatra?
> http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=262098245
>
> It that the connection?
>

> The Starmaker
>

> Did he walk into a room and say "Hey, I sing just like Frank Sinatra, I
> should produce this movie!
>
> and everybody else said, "Okay."?
>
> I must be missing something...

Yes, you are...he's one of the EPs, not producer. I suspect he was brought
in as an EP because of his ability to help secure the rights to Sinatra's
music. EP's traditionally have few if any hands-on tasks in the making of a
movie, they bring money or other tangible assets. Right now, Scorsese is
listed as the only producer...as well a director.

The Starmaker

May 26, 2009, 2:51:43 PM5/26/09

There must be a long line for casting producers...I suspect there will be a thousand by 2011 listed..
(that's how you inflate production cost...)

I notice the plot reads:
Plot:
A look at how legendary performer Frank Sinatra became involved with the Mafia. |
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232205/

That should be a easy one...they gave him the part "From Here To Eternity"! Some horse lost his head...

charliekilo

May 26, 2009, 6:49:26 PM5/26/09
"The Starmaker" <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Casting producer is more of a reality TV/talk show thing and
necessary...particularily if the show is pulling cast member from multiple
locations i.e. American Idol may cast contestants from 10 or so different
cities, each city may have a casting producer assigned to each city. In the
current economic climate, the last thing a production company wants to do is
inflate production costs.