Re: Hoffman rumored for 'Spider-Man' reboot

Joe Snod

Oct 6, 2010, 1:45:27 PM10/6/10
On Oct 3, 12:38 pm, Twitchell <Twitchell_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a279958/hoffman-rumored-for-spi...
>
> Philip Seymour Hoffman is rumored to be under consideration for a part in Sony's
> upcoming Spider-Man reboot.
>
> Deadline reports that Hoffman may star as the super-villain Venom, the alter ego
> of one of Peter Parker's co-workers at the fictional newspaper the Daily Bugle.
>
> Venom was previously portrayed by Topher Grace in Spider-Man 3, in a casting
> decision which was criticised by many fans of the comic book character.
>
> It was recently reported that Emma Stone had been offered the part of Mary Jane
> Watson in the film, which will see Andrew Garfield take over as Spider-Man.
>
> Marc Webb is set to direct the reboot, which is scheduled to be released in July
> 2012.

What's the difference between a reboot and picking up where they left
off, with new actors in the roles? Who the heck is Andrew Garfield?
Joseph Gordon-Levitt should play Peter Parker. If they hadn't wasted
him in #3, Topher Grace could have been Spidey.

Why the heck are they using a repeat villain when Lizard, Vulture,
Mysterio, Elektro, Kraven, Scorpion, Molten Man, Chameleon and Rhino
are available? And that just brings us up to issue #50.

Anim8rFSK

Oct 6, 2010, 9:53:25 PM10/6/10
In article
<2cbc3e24-8efd-4b8f...@j5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
Joe Snod <joe....@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 12:38 pm, Twitchell <Twitchell mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> > http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a279958/hoffman-rumored-for-spi...
> >
> > Philip Seymour Hoffman is rumored to be under consideration for a part in
> > Sony's
> > upcoming Spider-Man reboot.
> >
> > Deadline reports that Hoffman may star as the super-villain Venom, the
> > alter ego
> > of one of Peter Parker's co-workers at the fictional newspaper the Daily
> > Bugle.
> >
> > Venom was previously portrayed by Topher Grace in Spider-Man 3, in a
> > casting
> > decision which was criticised by many fans of the comic book character.
> >
> > It was recently reported that Emma Stone had been offered the part of Mary
> > Jane
> > Watson in the film, which will see Andrew Garfield take over as Spider-Man.
> >
> > Marc Webb is set to direct the reboot, which is scheduled to be released in
> > July
> > 2012.
>
> What's the difference between a reboot and picking up where they left

They're starting over again, back in high school

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

FSogol

Oct 7, 2010, 8:27:20 AM10/7/10

Yawn. I'd rather see a pot-bellied middle age Spider-man have to come
out of retirement when his daughter's life is threatened.

--
FSogol

Ubiquitous

Oct 7, 2010, 5:15:06 AM10/7/10
ANIM...@cox.net wrote:
> Joe Snod <joe....@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 3, 12:38 pm, Twitchell <Twitchell mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>> > http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a279958/hoffman-rumored-for-spi...
>>

>> What's the difference between a reboot and picking up where they left
>
>They're starting over again, back in high school

So they can cover more topical issues, like "bullying".

--
It's now time for healing, and for fixing the damage the Democrats did
to America.

Anim8rFSK

Oct 7, 2010, 11:22:47 AM10/7/10
In article <Xqednccfe7doSDDR...@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> ANIM...@cox.net wrote:
> > Joe Snod <joe....@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> What's the difference between a reboot and picking up where they left
> >
> >They're starting over again, back in high school
>
> So they can cover more topical issues, like "bullying".

LOL

YKW

Oct 7, 2010, 3:45:49 PM10/7/10
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote in

> ANIM...@cox.net wrote:
>> Joe Snod <joe....@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> What's the difference between a reboot and picking up where they
>>> left
>>
>>They're starting over again, back in high school
>
> So they can cover more topical issues, like "bullying".

"That Flash Thompson is the worst menace on the beach!"

--
------------------- ------------------------------------------------
|| E-mail: ykw2006 ||"The mystery of government is not how Washington||

-- The One, 14 Oct 08

Ubiquitous

Oct 8, 2010, 5:56:13 AM10/8/10
ANIM...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> ANIM...@cox.net wrote:

>> >They're starting over again, back in high school
>>
>> So they can cover more topical issues, like "bullying".
>
>LOL

The lights go dim and everyone freezes in place. Parker takes a step closer
towards the camera and begins to speak. "Flash Thompson may be a fictional
character, but bullying is REAL. If someone is bullying you..."

FSogol

Oct 8, 2010, 2:58:24 PM10/8/10

"Today, on a very special episode of The Amazing Spider-Man...."

--
FSogol

iarwain

Oct 8, 2010, 10:15:32 AM10/8/10
> Why the heck are they using a repeat villain when Lizard, Vulture, Mysterio, Elektro, Kraven, Scorpion, Molten Man, Chameleon and Rhino are available?

I like the idea of a reboot, and of placing it in high school.
I don't like the idea of using Venom as a villain, not two movies in a
row.
I'd rather see Rhino and the Lizard.

Joe Snod

Oct 17, 2010, 7:05:13 AM10/17/10
On Oct 7, 11:22 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <Xqednccfe7doSDDRnZ2dnUVZ_uidn...@giganews.com>,
>
>  Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> > ANIM8R...@cox.net wrote:

> > >They're starting over again, back in high school
>
> > So they can cover more topical issues, like "bullying".
>
> LOL

Or when the victim turns the tables on his bully, and becomes the
bully.

Bill Steele

Oct 18, 2010, 2:45:14 PM10/18/10
In article
<574c5fdf-c664-4a44...@l20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Joe Snod <joe....@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hmm. Any chance they'll go back to inorganic web-shooters?

Anim8rFSK

Oct 18, 2010, 4:21:55 PM10/18/10
In article <ws21-07A2EB.1...@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu>,
Bill Steele <ws...@cornell.edu> wrote:

We can but hope.

FSogol

Oct 19, 2010, 10:27:29 AM10/19/10
On 10/17/2010 7:05 AM, Joe Snod wrote:

>>> So they can cover more topical issues, like "bullying".
>>
>> LOL
>
> Or when the victim turns the tables on his bully, and becomes the
> bully.

Has anyone seen the Chrysler commerical where the geeky kid is bothered
by 3 bullies who chase him from school to his Mom's minivan? Notice
that they call the kid, Parker? My theory is that this is the first
trailer for the Spider-man reboot.
--
FSogol

Invid Fan

Oct 19, 2010, 11:10:49 AM10/19/10
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-4379C...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <ws21-07A2EB.1...@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu>,
> Bill Steele <ws...@cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <574c5fdf-c664-4a44...@l20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> > Hmm. Any chance they'll go back to inorganic web-shooters?
>
> We can but hope.

Only if the kid patents the formula and becomes rich, like any sane
teen would :)

--
Chris Mack "If we show any weakness, the monsters will get cocky!"
'Invid Fan' - 'Yokai Monsters Along With Ghosts'

Goro

Oct 19, 2010, 3:43:34 PM10/19/10

or a Parker Lewis movie!!!

-goro-

Ubiquitous

Oct 20, 2010, 5:27:06 AM10/20/10
ws...@cornell.edu wrote:

>Hmm. Any chance they'll go back to inorganic web-shooters?

One can only hope they do not.

---
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the 21st
century."

Ubiquitous

Oct 20, 2010, 5:28:04 AM10/20/10
In article <i9k9sh$h0q$2...@news.eternal-september.org>, FSo...@nospamplease.org
wrote:

They were sppsd to be bullies?

Anim8rFSK

Oct 20, 2010, 6:36:22 PM10/20/10
In article <zsGdnRKLGJAN3yLR...@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> ws...@cornell.edu wrote:
>
> >Hmm. Any chance they'll go back to inorganic web-shooters?
>

> One can only hope they do.

I fixed your reply for you.