In Memory.. Rachel Fie

SarahL2000

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
Dear Fellow Band People:

Tonight I said goodbye to my best friend. I said goodbye for the rest of my
life. One of William Penn's junior drum majors, Rachel Elizabeth Fie was
critically injured in a car accident yesterday afternoon. She has severe head
trauma, and likely isn't going to make it. As of today's tests, there is no
brain activity, and the entire band went to the hospital.. and said our
goodbyes.

I would like for each of you that read this, to take a moment out of your day,
and remember your friends and family, and to tell them each and everyone, how
much you love them. I am lucky in that I do not have any regrets. But some
people are not so lucky.

I think this really prooves how much of a family a marching band really is.

Sarah
William Penn High MB
New Castle, DE
Trumpet, c/o 2000

BranKT82

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
Oh my...I am extremely sorry for this accident. If there is any hope at all
for Rachel, I hope to God that she will come through. I can't imagine what I'd
do if this happened to someone in my band, little lone one of my best friends.
My hopes and prayers are with you, and the friends and family of Rachel.

Brandon
UTHS
BoNEz '00

SCVJen98

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
I'm sure that everyone's prayers are with you, your band, and Rachel's family.
What a shame that something like this always seems to happen. Last summer, it
was the Plymouth students in the Explorer accident, and now this. Is there an
address of the school where one might senf flowers or cards of condolence?
every one of us is blessed to have the family that we do. And, I'd like to take
a moment to say that I love you, CG. Every one of you. And remember: 10-24-98:
NO REGRETS.
them.

Vkdm8687

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
I don't know what I can say to help you out, but I sure hope you and Penn are
alright. I am sure I speak for lots of people out here in saying that you and
your band and friends are in our thoughts and prayers...
Please stay strong, and be a great example to everyone on how a band can really
become a "BAND" by sticking together and being the best you can be...

I am so sorry to hear of this loss....really am...

Ryan H. Turner
MARCHING BAND, DRUM CORP, WINTER GUARD LOVING GUY!!
Sunny, southern California....

Pardoe4

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
The address for William Penn High School is:
713 E. Basin Road, New Castle, Delaware, 19720

J. Harris

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
In article <19981022021001...@ng96.aol.com>, vkdm...@aol.com (Vkdm8687) wrote:
>I don't know what I can say to help you out, but I sure hope you and Penn are
>alright. I am sure I speak for lots of people out here in saying that you and
>your band and friends are in our thoughts and prayers...

>Please stay strong, and be a great example to everyone on how a band can really
>become a "BAND" by sticking together and being the best you can be...

I definately agree with this.

>I am so sorry to hear of this loss....really am...
>
>Ryan H. Turner

My thoughts are with the band and Rachel's parents.

Jean Harris
a KY band parent

Jason Lowe

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98

Dear Sarah,

My prayers are with you and everyone else up there.

My condolences,
Jason H Lowe

Anonymous

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
IN MEMORY of Rachel Fie:

Make everday important and don't take anything for granted.

Everyone should take this moment to give a hug to the important
people in their life.

Glide825

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
My prayers are with your band family.

ITSWATEVER

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
I am sorry to hear about Rachel's conditions. I only hope and pray that she
will make it. I only knew her because I was in bandfront, but we really never
spoke. I am praying every night for her friends and family to be strong.
William Penn is a strong band, but Rachel wil never leave their thoughts. She
was really loved.

Gabrielle
Ex-William Penn Bandfront member

Dribbles97

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
Our prayers are with Rachel, her familiy and friends. Be strong. Remember the
good.

No Day But Today.
RENT
"It's a funny thing about life: If you accept nothing but the best you often
get it."
-------------------
"It's not enough to be good if you have the ability to be better."

TUBAMASTER

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
my thoughts and prayers are with your band and your bands staff, i hope you
overcome this great tragedy. brings tears to my eyes just thinking about
it....good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

-Brian-
Tuba Section Leader
Nazareth High School

MobySchaar

Oct 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/22/98
I also sympathize.
Losing a friend and fellow band member must be very very difficult.
I wish the best for you and your friends.

This could be the only piece of information on RAMB that we have EVER agreed
with.

Matt
Mister Badguck

PrtyBrd555

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
I understand how hard your loss is. Earlier this year I lost one of my friends
as well. Unfortunately, I had some regrets, seeing as her and I had drifted
apart over the past couple years. You, and all the people who are hurting due
to this loss, are in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers. Good luck, stay
strong, and God Bless.

~Laura

Sone44

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
i am very sorry for your loss...just 2 years ago, a dear friend of the whole
band and a band member himself, G.J. Ancheta passed away from an aortic
anuerism . Losing a band friend or any friend for that matter is a horrible
thing and i completely sympathize and feel for you and your band and not to
mention the poor girl's family. My heart is with you as is the rest of my band.
sincerely,
sonia
junior
morris hills M.B. and winter guard.

dkl...@gross.creighton.edu

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
I'm so sorry, Sarah. I'm keeping you, your friend, and your band in my
prayers and thoughts.

Diane Klamt ~ dmk...@juno.com ~ dkl...@gross.creighton.edu
"Damn the man!" ~Empire Records "What is this, social hour? I'm supposed
to be being a bitch!" ~ Dazed and Confused "Touch me. I'm a freak."
Visit Flutopia: http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Alley/3421
The Band Joke Archive: http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/9044

Fulgor070

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
I never knew Rachel Fie nor will I never know her...but as a human being, I
feel sorrow for her and all of you, William Penn, as her friends and confidants
you must all be heartbroken over this terrible tragedy. I'd like to send our
utmost condolences to the family and friends of Rachel Fie.

From the
Phoenix NY High School Marching Band

Froggie144

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
>my thoughts and prayers are with your band and your bands staff, i hope you
>overcome this great tragedy. brings tears to my eyes just thinking about
>it....good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Yes, me too. Also, remember that everything that happens in this world, God
makes happen for a reason. No one knows exactly why they have to happen,
but sometimes it's just what God has planned. I will be praying...in fact,
I am at this moment...

~Tiffany Rice~ (aka - Tiffrogany)
clarinet, class of 2000
James Buchanan High School Band, Mercersburg, PA
TOB group 3 chapter 6
Band - http://www.angelfire.com/pa/jbhsband
Me - http://fly.to/froggie144
"Drum guys are cool, I like drum guys."
(o o)
^^^^
Member of the Snare311 Fan Club!

Mark S. Ward

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98

My thoughts and prayers are with Rachel's family, friends and especially
the William Penn Band.

This sure puts things in perspective. It doesn't matter who wins - JUST
HAVE FUN. Life is too short - especially Rachel's.

WillDRober

Oct 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/24/98
I don't know anybody from this band, but I do know that bands all stick
together and are very close. I feel for every member in your band. I couldn't
even imagine the situation there, but I do wish everybody the best of luck and
my prayers go out to Rachel, her family, and her friends(Which includes ALL of
us band members!). God Bless!!

Will Robertson (Ooltewah Drum Captain)

BETLEEE

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
As a fellow marching trumpet player , I would like to send you my heart felt
condolances to everyonne involved.

Dan Kolodziej
King Philip Regional High School
Marching Band.