Inform 7 on Android

humb...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2015, 12:42:05 PM8/18/15
I've suddenly wakened up to the announcement (a year ago) that Inform 7 was to be released for Android, but the Inform 7 page that announced it doesn't have a download, it isn't in PlayStore, and I can't find any references to it here. Did it happen?

bar...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2015, 10:35:50 AM9/1/15
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:42:05 PM UTC-4, humb...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've suddenly wakened up to the announcement (a year ago) that Inform 7 was to be released for Android, but the Inform 7 page that announced it doesn't have a download, it isn't in PlayStore, and I can't find any references to it here. Did it happen?

There's a Google+ group for testing. Head there and look in the "about this community" box for links to sign up and download the app. Takes about three seconds to do.

https://plus.google.com/communities/110900302268615832212

Gil Williamson

Sep 2, 2015, 9:09:22 PM9/2/15
Thanks for the pointer. Subsequent to my original query here, I had the same pointer from a topic on intfiction.org .

Well, I struggled through this route on the Android tablet, registering myself as a beta tester (twice, I think) but I could never persuade PlayStore to download the s/w.

I tried the same thing via my Windows machine, on the basis that if I downloaded it on my pc, I could transfer it from pc to android. I've also pm'd rockwalrus directly from intfiction.org, but haven't had a reply yet.

I'll keep trying, 'cos it'd be useful to me.

Gil

Gil Williamson

Sep 2, 2015, 9:24:30 PM9/2/15
STOP PRESS: On my umpteenth attempt, the fates smiled upon me, and the download was successful. My initial tests have not been blessed with issue, but I'll persevere!

Thanks again.

Gil

Gil Williamson

Sep 3, 2015, 6:38:22 PM9/3/15
No updates yet, but the compilation is working well, though I have to use a separate text fiction app to play the game.