Inform 7 Changing room by eating/consuming help please

jsgro...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2014, 10:11:56 AM12/10/14
I am creating a game about drugs (stupid to some of you, maybe) and I'd like to make it to where the player eats a "shroom" and goes to another room ("Euphoria"). I have everything created (the rooms and items). I just need the command to go with it.

Instead of eating shroom: say "What's this? You start to feel very odd... And now you're, not in a forest anymore...". Move player to Euphoria.

But the ending ("Move player to Euphoria.) Does not translate well with the program. How do I change this so that it will work??

Gurgi Sims

Dec 11, 2014, 5:54:42 PM12/11/14
Based on your post, I can't tell if your formatting for the indented rule is correct. Well, actually, based on your post it is incorrect, but I don't know if your post was actual code or just a paraphrase of your code.

Anyway, try this..

Lovely Glade is a room. "A lovely space among the trees perfect for navel contemplation."

Euphoria is a room. "In a word; Paisley."

A shroom is edible.

The player carries a shroom.

Instead of eating a shroom:
say "What's this? You start to feel very odd... And now you're, not in a forest anymore...";
move the player to Euphoria.