"Hamlet" and "Aunts and Butlers"

Robin Johnson

Nov 28, 2015, 3:44:47 PM11/28/15
"Hamlet" and "Aunts and Butlers", two browser-based IF games that I wrote ages ago and thought I'd lost till I found them on an old laptop the other day, are now back online at http://versificator.net . Enjoy!

Robin Johnson

Peter Pears

Nov 29, 2015, 7:07:49 AM11/29/15
On Saturday, 28 November 2015 20:44:47 UTC, Robin Johnson wrote:
> "Hamlet" and "Aunts and Butlers", two browser-based IF games that I wrote ages ago and thought I'd lost till I found them on an old laptop the other day, are now back online at http://versificator.net . Enjoy!
>
> Robin Johnson

Hey, thanks a lot! I was missing Hamlet from my collection!

You've made my day.

Peter Pears

Dec 1, 2015, 6:36:46 AM12/1/15
Thanks again. I had a great time yesterday playing Hamlet. It played beautifully offline in my iPod Touch (really!), and it hit a sweet spot for me - just the right touch of old-school, sparse but evocative, funny, and the implementation was just right: not too much so's you'd get lost in the frills, not too little so's you'd get frustrated.

I got stuck at Desdemona for a while, but when I solved that one - and like all goof IF puzzles, I solved it in my head and gleefully went to try it out, and was mighty pleased when it worked - it felt *great*.

I really, really liked Hamlet. Thanks again!