ZIL - Talking to Actors

Happy MAC XL

Jul 1, 2017, 11:21:03 AM7/1/17
Hello,

I'm having a few problems putting what i'm reading in the ZIL manual into operation in a test game i'm writing.

I have a NPC, or Actor, which is a robot called ZIL. I want to be able to say/ask "Hello", "Goodbye", "Where is", "How do I" etc

So far I have just created the object...

<OBJECT ZIL
(DESC "ZIL")
(SYNONYM ZIL)
(IN EGOC)
(FLAGS PERSONBIT)
(ACTION ZIL-R)>

<ROUTINE ZIL-R ()
<COND (<VERB? EXAMINE> <TELL "ZIL 9000 - Artificial Intelligence Linux Assistance." CR>)>>

I can find very few examples and none give me something simple I can start with and build up.

Any example code please?

Thanks!

Adam